Leidos

Leidos Employer Reviews

Great Place to Work, Some of the Management is Horrible
Document Management Specialist (Current Employee), Oak Ridge, TNAugust 29, 2014
Pros: pay, schedule
Cons: some management
Great place to work. The pay is really good, the benefits have been better. I've had good managers and I've had horrible managers. One thing they tell you about when you get hired is that the opportunity for advancement within the company is great. It can be quite difficult to make that happen at times.
Rewarding
Training Project (Current Employee), Falls Church VaAugust 25, 2014
Worked a contract for Wounded Warrior and enjoyed the opportunity to continue serving after my active duty retirement
Good Company
RQ-170 Sentinel Sensor Operator (Current Employee), Vandenberg AFB, CAAugust 23, 2014
Good company, Work nights and weekends, little time with family.
Outscourcing Company
Bus. Systems Analyst/Video Conferencing Specialist (Current Employee), New Orleans, La.August 18, 2014
Pros: paid holidays, accumulated comp/vacation time, benefits, flexible work schedule
Nice co. to work for. Great co workers and great team effort. Allowed to grow and work independently.
Nice program
AJNAP Security Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCAugust 15, 2014
This job looks for insider threats and is a fast pace learning environment. My co workers have a security background and put forth a lot of knowledge to the program. The hardest part of the job is researching all the applications that we utilize to find the insider threats. The most enjoyable part of the job is finding the people who violate policies – more... and writing up reports about them. – less
Good company to work for
Site Manager (Current Employee), Guantanamo Bay, CubaAugust 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: government contractor so year to year job at times
Has been a good company to work for over the past 13 years. Company always tries to look out for its employees even when a contract goes away from under them.
Challenging Environment
ENGINEER (Current Employee), VAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: good people and good projects
Cons: conservative management, barriers to internal collaboration, switching projects can be tough
There are a lot of great projects and interesting technology. Management or business groups are stove piped and collaboration outside business areas can be a challenge. Senior management appears to be "a good old boy" network of former military and government officials. Benefit packages are shrinking year by year.
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 29, 2014
work about 40 hours a week
I learded a lot on the job
Management team is great
work is not that to bad
the people work with are great
Large company with great management
Configuration Manager (Former Employee), Laurel, MDJuly 2, 2014
Pros: growth opportunity
Cons: benefits
In my experience if you can show your worth and be recognized by management, those managers will go above and beyond for you. However not everyone can get noticed in such a large company so you really have to work hard to get that visibility.

I liked the company better as SAIC. They seemed to do more for employees as a whole. Now it's more at division – more... levels. – less
Conducted All Source Analysis
Senior Consultant/Analyst - USCENTCOM (Former Employee), MacDill AFB, FLJune 26, 2014
Pros: worked on client site, worked 8 hour days
Cons: had to work some weekends, as contractor employment was year to year
Typical day consisted of reviewing all-source message traffic and consolidating into usable information for long-term products and briefings. Trained a six person team on the job functions to include the use of Microsoft Office and Outlook for the production and dissemination of materials. Hardest part of the job was the ever-changing requirements for – more... production. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of providing a quality product for leadership to make key decisions. Overall job experience with co-workers was great, we all got along and even got together after work on occasion. – less
Lacking competitive benefits and poor work/life balance
GIS Analyst (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAJune 21, 2014
Pros: excellent employees with a diversity of knowledge
Cons: poor work/life balance, recently cut back benefits structure, toxic management environment
The project level staff are mostly superb, with a fair diversity of GIS knowledge from beginning to senior. There are many co-workers willing to help out when you need it, and most people are friendly and personable. I enjoy the people I work with very much, and its one of the best parts about working in my office.

The management team creates a toxic – more... work environment, that does not find value in creative or flexible thinking. There is a high value placed on execution time of production, and conformity of procedures. There is a resistance to change production processes even when they have been shown to be illogical.

The recent split to leidos inc. has provided upper management the opportunity to cut many benefits back in order to trim cost structure. The healthcare plans offered may be good for an entry level employee with no spouse or child, but is not structured to provide affordable care otherwise.

The company over values its stock price to the detriment of its employees. – less
Great Place
Sr. Simulation Database Engineer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 19, 2014
Great Place to work. Recommend it •a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
No comment.
Resource Analyst/Plans Officer (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJune 19, 2014
No. comment. Do not wish to comment.
Learned nothing.
Management non existent.
No engagement with coworkers.
Working with difficult customer.
Did not enjoy.
General
Lead of Operations & Senior System Administrator (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 9, 2014
Worked with great people on Contract. Poor job advancement. Benefits lacking.
There's always something new to learn
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee), Bremerton, WAJune 4, 2014
Just when you think you've seen or experienced it all, think again. This is one of the most rewarding aspects of my job. The interconnectedness of the Navy's vast supply chain necessitates an almost continuous reboot and cultivation of basic skills as the equipment used in day-to-day activities varies so greatly.
Productive and fast-paced environment, excellent teamwork
Financial Consultant/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Reston, VAMay 23, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule/travel, excellent benefits & compensation
Cons: projects are by contract and not a permanent position in the long run
In my time at Leidos, Inc., formerly SAIC, I expanded my knowledge in the professional administrative industry as well as gained experience in the disaster response and recovery and debris monitoring and management industry by working in project teams and coming together to assist various Texas based clients. The hardest part of the job was to submit – more... our project worksheets and have them approved by F.E.M.A. on the first submittal and have the funding approved without any revisions or corrections to review and resubmit. The most enjoyable part of my position with Leidos, Inc., is being part of an excellent group of professional colleagues and feeling appreciated for my hard work and dedication. It is by far, the best employer I have had the opportunity to work for. – less
Off-site client
Program Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 21, 2014
I have always worked at the government client site. The company program managers are hands on.
Stock Control Supervisor (Current Employee), KuwaitMay 15, 2014
Pros: great leadership
Cons: away from family
appreciate the trust they have in me
great chance for promotion
excellent pay
24hour mission combat support
Field Service Representative SME 2 (Current Employee), Fort Gordon, GAMay 3, 2014
System and network administrator in support of DoD intelligence
operations facitlity.
Productive company
All Source analyst (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 23, 2014
Good management. Good environment with good coworkers. Good job opportunities.

1 2 3 4

About Leidos

Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader working to address some of the world’s toughest challenges in national – Read more