Leidos

Leidos Employer Reviews

Knowledge Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Hurlburt Field, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: independent work, freedom to use time wisely and maintain hour requirements for the company.
Cons: co-worker ego issues, low respect for contractors in area, depending on title.
Location could be hostile at times due to individuals, but overall leadership is good. Do not have any issues with the company itself, but have a problem with the lack of communication, which causes enormous amounts of stress and wrongful accusations with duties conducted, duties obligated to do and volunteer duties, that seem to be automatically assumed to be obligated duties, because of the lack of communication and knowledge of official duties per the contract.
Strategic and client-focused logistics expert
Logistician Assistant (Former Employee), Bridgewater, VaFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: young company with potential to grow
Cons: rather not say
Very friendly environment with varied working conditions. The management style was a hand off approach, if you do you job well management is pleased.
Great benifits
Unix/Linux Enterprise Systems Administrator (Current Employee), VirginiaFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: disconnected managers
Leidos management chain is very disconnected from the people working at client sites.

I never got introduced to the managers making decisions and I was just doing my job at the client site.

The benefits and pay were good, so I was happy about that.

The HR treats you like a social security number and managers only focus on the bottom line. There are no incentives and encouragement for personal growth and development unless you are closely tied in with the Sr. management.
Oconus environment
IT Service Desk Technician (Current Employee), KuwaitJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: mentorship
Cons: information regarding protocol for expatriate workers
A typical workday is a bit of an adventure due to the hectic weather climate and variety of computer users. This challenging climate pushes employees to strive hard.
Tier II Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 27, 2015
The most important part of my job is that I am able to solve customer problems in a timely manner
Great place to work!
Data Entry/File Clerk (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 15, 2015
It is a very pleasant place to work, with many pleasant people!
Chief Enterprise Architect
Chief Enterprise Architect (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJanuary 6, 2015
Define Strategy and Implementation for Business Enterprise Architecture
A newly formed company with growth opportunities
Senior Intelligence Analyst II/Team Lead (Current Employee), Reston, VAJanuary 3, 2015
A newly formed company with growth opportunities. An encouraging management team who praises leadership skills and participation in monthly staff meetings. Focused on the needs of the clients to ensure sustainability in the marketplace.
Productive place to work
Chief Software Design Engineer (Current Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: interesting work
Cons: too big of a company
One of the few development groups that produced a releasable baseline on a monthly basis.

Able to use new and evolving technologies.

Detached management. Little contact with management on daily or weekly basis, especially, direct supervisor.

Great group of people to work with, at the co-worker level.

A typical day includes working off assigned problems and fighting fires.

The hardest part of the job was the lack of top-cover from management.
High tech, innovative workplace. Standard government job
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 28, 2014
Pros: the project i worked on is stable and well funded, co-workers are friendly
Cons: lack of social programs, work is done individually rather than as a group
Standard day is I come in early, drink some terrible coffee, read e-mails and fix any problems my customer may have concerns about. Our customer is the government and we typically have quick communication with them. Some days I will spend the entire afternoon sitting in meetings that I probably don't need to be a part of, other days I can be left to do my assigned work.
The most difficult part of the job is getting through government bureaucracy.
In general the work is enjoyable, mostly work with simulations and geospatial configurations.
Some Divisions are Better than Others
Geospatial Analyst (Current Employee), Springfield, VADecember 16, 2014
I've been in 2 different divisions at this company, 1 was really well run, people cared about each other and it felt like a family. The other, management arbitrarily threatens to fire people, they made us work "temporary" (4 months long) shifts, including nights and weekends, up to 70 hrs per week, with no overtime or night/weekend differential pay.
In addition, since the split from SAIC, benefits and perks have slowly been whittled down. Research the division you're applying for as best you can, and try to talk to someone who actually does the grunt work there, not the management.
Leidos/maxIT
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), askDecember 10, 2014
maxIT was a great company to work for, made you feel like a family and communication with the company was easy. Once it was bought out and became Leidos it became more of a big business environment. I still have close friendships with the people I worked with.
Challenging enviroment
Project Administrator (Current Employee), Alexandria, VANovember 21, 2014
I learned to work with many levels of management. I also managed to have a great work/life balance with great managers. My co-workers are great. Best part of my job is I never know what the day holds, I could be working a project, audit, or proposal one day and the next I could be supporting a huge conference.
Co Needs to be New not Old Company
Manager (Former Employee), Reston, VANovember 20, 2014
Pros: able to work from home some times
Cons: high heathcare deductible plans; bonuses not given to everyone; too much gossip and "click" teams
Co split from SAIC. Problem is that UNLESS they get rid of management, they still act like SAIC and you constantly hear, "that's how we did it". Problem is, they are not making money so everyone takes a chance with their job with layoffs while upper management still tries to pretend they are a new and different company. Benefits are ok but nothing to brag about. They contribute to 401K; however, if you lose employment within 5 years, they take back their contributions -- what???? Healthcare has very high deductible. For a company this size, should have better choices available. Difficult to work with people who were SAIC employees as they do not know how to do things differently. All I heard was, we did it this way and management would not support you if you went outside the box. People are generally friendly. However, I was subjected to not fitting in with the "click" since I was outsider. This team acted like little children and complained about everything you did that they didnt like and, what's worse, the VP of the department let it go on and even encouraged it. Horrible working condition!! Adopted new "open environment" working stations -- no privacy; everyone can hear everything. Of course the VP has has office; what? Company needs to settle and get things in place and have upper management that has a vision instead of doing it the same. Maybe then they will start to make money. Bonuses were only given to a "select" few which is inappropriate. Why should some get it? Moral of this story: Don't work for start-ups which is what this company is right now.
Great job finder asst
Lead Engineer (Former Employee), Wright Patterson AFB Dayton OhioNovember 19, 2014
As the Gov't contract was ending, Leidos provided a great service through Rise Smart, they worked and helped update my resume, cover letters, linkedin profile, etc.
Flexiblity and Productivitiy
Configuration Mgt Analyst II (Former Employee), Rockville, MDNovember 12, 2014
Excellent workplace and flexible work schedule. Outstanding managment
Good People, Inconsistent work
Data Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Maitland, FLNovember 11, 2014
Great People and Great work environment. Although work can be extremely inconsistent. My past department was sold to Tetra-Tech and although I'm still employed with them they haven't had work in 3 months because work is seasonal as we do audits for cleanups for natural disasters and it's been a slow hurricane season so they have had no work.

Again great people, but work is beyond inconsistent.
Solid Company to Work For
Blue Devil CAOC Liaison Officer (Former Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 10, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits
During my duties OCONUS, I always felt the CONUS team had my back and took care of me despite being halfway across the world. I only had a small taste of the culture at Leidos (it was SAIC at the time), but I enjoyed the small, almost squadron-like feel when I was back home. Despite my contract with them running its course, I would be happy to go back to work for them.
Stressful Environment
Administrator (Current Employee), Oak Ridge, TNNovember 9, 2014
Since split from SAIC, management has taken several steps to change the direction of the company without consideration of final impacts. Too much work and not enough people to complete it with efficiency.
Some self rewarding experiances
IEWTPT (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYOctober 29, 2014
Pros: some good people to work with
Cons: long hours with over demanding customers, never get overtime based on new work codes.
Long hours starting very early at the office each day. Some co-workers are good yet others are just there to draw a paycheck and do nothing.

1 2 3 4 5

About Leidos

Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader working to address some of the world’s toughest challenges in national – Read more