Leidos

Leidos United States Employee Reviews

This is just one business unit
Project Manager (Former Employee), Vienna, VAApril 2, 2015
Pros: Dedicated people
Cons: Ineffective leaders and managers
To few people being asked to champion to many projects. It didn't seem to me that the leaders were able to take decisions in a timely manner. Travel demands far exceeded my desire.
Great place to start your career
Geospatial Analyst (Current Employee), Springfield, VAApril 1, 2015
Leidos has many jobs in different fields. This is a great place to obtain a clearance and work with the costumer. Moving to other tasks can be tricky though.
High employee turnover rate
Engineer (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAApril 1, 2015
A high employee turnover rate, the rate at which employees leave a business, can affect the bottom line of businesses of all sizes. Because employees who are satisfied with their jobs generally don't give them up, high turnover is usually indicative of a problem.
I've had no issues with the company personally. Overall the job and co-workers are some of the best that I could work for.
Senior Geospatial / Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Wonderful position, co-workers, flexible work schedules
Cons: Very little to no professional training
Work hours are dependent on the customer and contract. The time required to work is very flexible. Co-workers are a wonderful group of people to work with.

The company has not provided any additional training though they will reimburse employees up to a certain amount for college classes.

The hardest part of transitiioning from military life to contractor has been pretty hard. Due to contract requirements it is hard to follow all of the rules that are required of the contract. It would be great to have some type of special training for former military that are used to being able to work on numerous different fields and tasks.
Productive fun workplace.
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee), Abingdon MdMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Relaxed, non-micromanagement atmosphere
Cons: Payscales could use a little revamping
Leidos has carried over most of the old SAIC work atmosphere, but with the new CEO improvements are being made constantly to ensure that Leidos is the best place to work.
Productive culture
Senior Business Process / QA Analyst (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDMarch 25, 2015
I appreciate the fact that Leidos has a steadfast commitment to integrity and ethical behavior and it shows in our approach to our work every day.
Overall job experience
Business Manger / Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee), Beavercreek, OhioMarch 23, 2015
Pros: Free coffee, management works closely with employees
Cons: none worth noting
Atmosphere in the workplace makes it a rewarding experience to come to work everyday. Management is respected and company hires very well qualified personnel.

Company works very closely with the U>S> government and is a worldwide enterprise with sales greater than $10B.

I would highly recommend working for this company.
Great Team Environment
Project Manager / ICD 10 Fairview Health Services (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great team to work with
Cons: positions changed from local to 90% travel
Leidos has a great management team, surrounded by even better co-workers. Great place to enhance your knowledge of healthcare governance and policy.
Knowledge Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Hurlburt Field, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: independent work, freedom to use time wisely and maintain hour requirements for the company.
Cons: co-worker ego issues, low respect for contractors in area, depending on title.
Location could be hostile at times due to individuals, but overall leadership is good. Do not have any issues with the company itself, but have a problem with the lack of communication, which causes enormous amounts of stress and wrongful accusations with duties conducted, duties obligated to do and volunteer duties, that seem to be automatically assumed to be obligated duties, because of the lack of communication and knowledge of official duties per the contract.
Strategic and client-focused logistics expert
Logistician Assistant (Former Employee), Bridgewater, VaFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: young company with potential to grow
Cons: rather not say
Very friendly environment with varied working conditions. The management style was a hand off approach, if you do you job well management is pleased.
Great benifits
Unix/Linux Enterprise Systems Administrator (Current Employee), VirginiaFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: disconnected managers
Leidos management chain is very disconnected from the people working at client sites.

I never got introduced to the managers making decisions and I was just doing my job at the client site.

The benefits and pay were good, so I was happy about that.

The HR treats you like a social security number and managers only focus on the bottom line. There are no incentives and encouragement for personal growth and development unless you are closely tied in with the Sr. management.
Oconus environment
IT Service Desk Technician (Current Employee), KuwaitJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: mentorship
Cons: information regarding protocol for expatriate workers
A typical workday is a bit of an adventure due to the hectic weather climate and variety of computer users. This challenging climate pushes employees to strive hard.
Tier II Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 27, 2015
The most important part of my job is that I am able to solve customer problems in a timely manner
Great place to work!
Data Entry/File Clerk (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 15, 2015
It is a very pleasant place to work, with many pleasant people!
Chief Enterprise Architect
Chief Enterprise Architect (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJanuary 6, 2015
Define Strategy and Implementation for Business Enterprise Architecture
A newly formed company with growth opportunities
Senior Intelligence Analyst II/Team Lead (Current Employee), Reston, VAJanuary 3, 2015
A newly formed company with growth opportunities. An encouraging management team who praises leadership skills and participation in monthly staff meetings. Focused on the needs of the clients to ensure sustainability in the marketplace.
Productive place to work
Chief Software Design Engineer (Current Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: interesting work
Cons: too big of a company
One of the few development groups that produced a releasable baseline on a monthly basis.

Able to use new and evolving technologies.

Detached management. Little contact with management on daily or weekly basis, especially, direct supervisor.

Great group of people to work with, at the co-worker level.

A typical day includes working off assigned problems and fighting fires.

The hardest part of the job was the lack of top-cover from management.
High tech, innovative workplace. Standard government job
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 28, 2014
Pros: the project i worked on is stable and well funded, co-workers are friendly
Cons: lack of social programs, work is done individually rather than as a group
Standard day is I come in early, drink some terrible coffee, read e-mails and fix any problems my customer may have concerns about. Our customer is the government and we typically have quick communication with them. Some days I will spend the entire afternoon sitting in meetings that I probably don't need to be a part of, other days I can be left to do my assigned work.
The most difficult part of the job is getting through government bureaucracy.
In general the work is enjoyable, mostly work with simulations and geospatial configurations.
Some Divisions are Better than Others
Geospatial Analyst (Current Employee), Springfield, VADecember 16, 2014
I've been in 2 different divisions at this company, 1 was really well run, people cared about each other and it felt like a family. The other, management arbitrarily threatens to fire people, they made us work "temporary" (4 months long) shifts, including nights and weekends, up to 70 hrs per week, with no overtime or night/weekend differential pay.
In addition, since the split from SAIC, benefits and perks have slowly been whittled down. Research the division you're applying for as best you can, and try to talk to someone who actually does the grunt work there, not the management.
Leidos/maxIT
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), askDecember 10, 2014
maxIT was a great company to work for, made you feel like a family and communication with the company was easy. Once it was bought out and became Leidos it became more of a big business environment. I still have close friendships with the people I worked with.

1 2 3 4 5

About Leidos

Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader working to address some of the world’s toughest challenges in national – Read more

Leidos Salaries