Lenawee Medical Care Facility Employee Reviews in United States

CNA 2nd Shift
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIMay 19, 2016
Job honestly wasn't too bad, I've worked at other nursing facilities and this was my favorite however management doesn't care about its employees, and when they are short staffed they will mandate for 8 hours which means you will be stuck working 16 hour shifts everyday until more employees get in the door. Management is always changing the rules on people and they rehire people they have fired twice or have violated hipaa. Beware of 1st shift for they think blame everything on other shifts and the entire facility has a ton of drama...if you stay out of the drama, keep to yourself its an okay place to work. But I got burnt out from mandations and quit after only 6 months.
Pros
the money was good and some of the residents are sweet.
Cons
management sucks, thrown in a hallway you dont know when they are short staffed, mandations
active and decent work place with a accepting atmosphere.
Resident service Aid (Former Employee) –  AdrianMay 21, 2016
.Though each hall can be demanding the people there do try to show you the ropes.
.However they do not alert you of your worker rights so it is best to get to know your representative and request her presence in all meetings.
Pros
decent pay, good hours, nice people, acceptable breaks, nice atmosphere
Cons
do not always make you aware of your rights.
I worked there for 16 years as Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MI 49221August 24, 2016
They do not treat the employees with respect, I was involved in all meetings, took care of any duty given to me. I updated the policy, helped with human resource duties: held orientation for new employees, helped with receptionist duties. See resume.
Great facility and awesome co-workers!
RSA (Current Employee) –  Adrian, MIMay 24, 2016
The facility is very clean and updated! One of the things that brought me there was the cleanliness. The CNA's that work here truly care for the residents! I've never seen so many caring and compassionate individuals in my life. The girls and guys here do everything they can to make sure the residents are happy and taken care of. The people I have worked with were for the most part all team players and were always willing to lend a helping hand if you've fallen behind in your assignment, which you don't find at many places. This aspect of the facility is great! Now for the bad...
Management.
For about the first 3 months I worked there I didn't even know who or what the DON looked like.. The higher-ups don't try to get to know their employees or even know any of the residents, which bothers me. You're basically just a body to them and they don't care how much they have to work you. They don't offer to help when we're staff challenged and I think they only came in a couple times when we were in a staff crisis! They make their employees work 16 hour shifts but management gets their weekends off while we're left to fend for ourselves.
Another thing is the things they pick and choose to fire people for. They over-look a lot of big things but seem to always stress the little things that are no danger to the residents.
We let them know how we can prevent someone from getting up and falling (like the use of a bed alarm) but ignore us despite numerous requests because supposedly it's a "dignity issue", but are quick to lay the blame on us when the resident gets up and falls because
  more... somehow it's always our fault or we're not doing our job good enough.
I truly hope this facility finds some better leadership in the future.
Pros
Teamwork, ok pay, great working environment
Enjoyed working at Lenawee Medical Care Facility
LPN (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIMay 12, 2015
I worked at LMCF for 23 years total. I was a CNA for 10 years and an LPN for the last 13 years. It was my home away from home. I have witnessed many good changes, and some, well, not so good. The best part of my time there was the elders. I cared for many of them, physically, emotionally and mentally. I considered them part of my family and I took care of them, as if they were my family. I learned a great deal about life from them. Heard many fabulous stories. The elders also gave the best hugs. It was hard to see elders decline and eventually pass on. I am proud to say that I was a part of a great team at one of the best facilities based on quality care. My experience at LMCF helped mold me into the nurse I am today and has also opened my eyes to the nurse I can become. There are pros and cons at every job. It's what you do with them that matters.
Pros
Great team environment between staff on floor
Cons
conflicting attitudes, favoritism, lack of management respect, discipline based mainly on word of mouth, not enough recognition of staff for doing a good job, etc.
Great workers.. Not so great management
Resident Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIJuly 1, 2015
I loved working with my co-workers. They were great and were like a second family but the management treated the employees not so well. The acted like you were replaceable at any time if you did not like what they were doing.
Pros
Co-workers are nice
Cons
Short Breaks, no teamwork with management
Helping the residents was very rewarding and enjoyable.
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIAugust 21, 2013
A typical day of work consisted of helping residents ambulate, then preparing them for dinner and feeding those who needed this assistance. After dinner we would help residents bath and prepare for bed.
I learned the importance of range of motion exercises and prevention of bed sores.
Original management was connected well with the staff and all worked together with residents being our primary concern. However, when the management changed they have been struggling with staff - management communication.
Most of my coworkers were enjoyable to work with and dedicated to elder care. We worked well as a team.
The hardest part of the job was finding time to address the resident's emotional needs along with the physical needs.
The most enjoyable part was getting to know the residents. I loved hearing the life stories of these residents and learning new ways to make their lives more enjoyable and comfortable.
Pros
cenas worked well together as a team
Cons
often working with short staff
It's okay.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Adrian, MIFebruary 11, 2015
It's okay. It is a hard job and in some hallways it is way busy and there should be another aid down there to help. It is really hard to get everything done down the hallways that could really use another aid. I consistently have to stay later than my shift to finish all of my work and most nights only get two breaks and sometimes only one for a whole eight hour shift.
High quality nursing home to work for
Business Office Manager/Human Resource Mentor (Current Employee) –  Adrian, MIJuly 6, 2013
Lenawee Medical Care has been a great learning experience. I have been fortunate to rise through the ranks to the position of Business Office Manager/Human Resource Mentor. My daily tasks are varied and no two days are the same, which I enjoy. I thoroughly enjoy my co-workers and value all of their knowledge. I am a participative leader who appreciates the input of all my staff because I believe you get better results when working as a team. The most enjoyable part of my job has been sharing my ideas for change in the organization and helping these ideas come to fruition. I enjoy finding areas that need improvement and coming up with solutions for those areas.
Pros
great co-workers, excellent resident care
It's a wonderful place
Controller (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIOctober 25, 2012
I worked at a wonderful organization. We provide great care to our residents. I had marvelous coworkers that I would do anything for. My job description was very vast. I would be fixing a fax machine one minute, helping with a computer the next, talking to a family member in the middle, helping a coworker with payroll information or explaining how to use the phone system. Sometimes I would go home knowing I really got nothing done during the day that I had planned. I was always trying to help my coworkers and managers that there are two sides to every story and to give the benefit of the doubt. (Didn't always work)
Nice place to work.
Dietary Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIMarch 6, 2014
Enjoyed my Elders the most. Co-workers were very friendly and Helpful.
Pros
co- workers
Cons
management
loved working with my residents in a safe clean environment
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIJune 19, 2013
Had an awesome experience at Lenawee Medical Care Facility. Get to work greet my residents while passing fresh linens and waters. Check oxygen tanks and canulas. Then ambulate and toilet all residents. Give showers to residents that were on the shower list for that given day or any resident who requests a shower that day. Do fingernail, and toenail care. Prep dinner. Assist residents to the dining room. Take drink and food orders. Serve dinner, assist residents who cannot feed themselves. Clear dining room of plates. Clean hands and faces of residents with sanitized wash cloths. Assist residents to their rooms. Take my lunch break. Get back to the floor, toilet, shower, and change residents for bed. Help residents to bed, read them books, or newspaper if requested. Answer any call lights for the remainder of the night and pass the next shifts linens and waters. Check oxygen tanks and canulas before leaving the floor. Management were never proactive about complaints and went by word of mouth, very unproffessional. Never respected HIPPA as far as employees. I learned a ton of things that help my line of work. Almost all of my coworkers were team players, and my residents were the best residents around. The hardest part of the job was watching one of my residents pass away that I had gotten really close to. This place wasn't just a job, it was a home away from home.
Pros
clean work environment
Cons
management
Good place to work. Staff to residents ratio is great.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIAugust 25, 2012
I take residents to dinner and help feed. Perform PM care and assist residents to bed. Answer call lights and do bed checks. Hardest part of job is helping people while they complain. Some don't appricate your help.
Pros
great people to work with. staff to resident ratio good.
Cons
have to plan days off a month ahead
Good start to my career.
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIAugust 27, 2014
Helping residents everyday and getting to know them so personally was great. Being able to be there when family was unable was very rewarding. sitting and talking with them was my favorite part.
Good Experience for Clinicals
CNA (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MichiganApril 17, 2012
I did my clinical experience here for my CNA and it was a clean environment, where I got to learn new skills and use the skills I already knew.
Ok place to work
Dietary aide (Former Employee) –  Adrian miAugust 13, 2013
If you make a mistake they don't give you chances, the CNA assistants, if you work days they are really nice, but if you work at nights they are kind of nasty.
Helpful, friendly, compassionate
RSA (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIDecember 11, 2012
Its definitely a job you need to be able to work well with others, not just those you care for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lenawee Medical Care Facility. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9