Lenawee Medical Care Facility

Lenawee Medical Care Facility Employer Reviews

Good start to my career.
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee), Adrian, MIAugust 27, 2014
Helping residents everyday and getting to know them so personally was great. Being able to be there when family was unable was very rewarding. sitting and talking with them was my favorite part.
Nice place to work.
Dietary Homemaker (Former Employee), Adrian, MIMarch 6, 2014
Pros: co- workers
Cons: management
Enjoyed my Elders the most. Co-workers were very friendly and Helpful.
Helping the residents was very rewarding and enjoyable.
Nurse Aide (Former Employee), Adrian, MIAugust 21, 2013
Pros: cenas worked well together as a team
Cons: often working with short staff
A typical day of work consisted of helping residents ambulate, then preparing them for dinner and feeding those who needed this assistance. After dinner we would help residents bath and prepare for bed.
I learned the importance of range of motion exercises and prevention of bed sores.
Original management was connected well with the staff and all worked together with residents being our primary concern. However, when the management changed they have been struggling with staff - management communication.
Most of my coworkers were enjoyable to work with and dedicated to elder care. We worked well as a team.
The hardest part of the job was finding time to address the resident's emotional needs along with the physical needs.
The most enjoyable part was getting to know the residents. I loved hearing the life stories of these residents and learning new ways to make their lives more enjoyable and comfortable.
Ok place to work
Dietary aide (Former Employee), Adrian miAugust 13, 2013
If you make a mistake they don't give you chances, the CNA assistants, if you work days they are really nice, but if you work at nights they are kind of nasty.
High quality nursing home to work for
Business Office Manager/Human Resource Mentor (Current Employee), Adrian, MIJuly 6, 2013
Pros: great co-workers, excellent resident care
Lenawee Medical Care has been a great learning experience. I have been fortunate to rise through the ranks to the position of Business Office Manager/Human Resource Mentor. My daily tasks are varied and no two days are the same, which I enjoy. I thoroughly enjoy my co-workers and value all of their knowledge. I am a participative leader who appreciates the input of all my staff because I believe you get better results when working as a team. The most enjoyable part of my job has been sharing my ideas for change in the organization and helping these ideas come to fruition. I enjoy finding areas that need improvement and coming up with solutions for those areas.
loved working with my residents in a safe clean environment
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee), Adrian, MIJune 19, 2013
Pros: clean work environment
Cons: management
Had an awesome experience at Lenawee Medical Care Facility. Get to work greet my residents while passing fresh linens and waters. Check oxygen tanks and canulas. Then ambulate and toilet all residents. Give showers to residents that were on the shower list for that given day or any resident who requests a shower that day. Do fingernail, and toenail care. Prep dinner. Assist residents to the dining room. Take drink and food orders. Serve dinner, assist residents who cannot feed themselves. Clear dining room of plates. Clean hands and faces of residents with sanitized wash cloths. Assist residents to their rooms. Take my lunch break. Get back to the floor, toilet, shower, and change residents for bed. Help residents to bed, read them books, or newspaper if requested. Answer any call lights for the remainder of the night and pass the next shifts linens and waters. Check oxygen tanks and canulas before leaving the floor. Management were never proactive about complaints and went by word of mouth, very unproffessional. Never respected HIPPA as far as employees. I learned a ton of things that help my line of work. Almost all of my coworkers were team players, and my residents were the best residents around. The hardest part of the job was watching one of my residents pass away that I had gotten really close to. This place wasn't just a job, it was a home away from home.
Helpful, friendly, compassionate
RSA (Former Employee), Adrian, MIDecember 11, 2012
Its definitely a job you need to be able to work well with others, not just those you care for.
It's a wonderful place
Controller (Former Employee), Adrian, MIOctober 25, 2012
I worked at a wonderful organization. We provide great care to our residents. I had marvelous coworkers that I would do anything for. My job description was very vast. I would be fixing a fax machine one minute, helping with a computer the next, talking to a family member in the middle, helping a coworker with payroll information or explaining how to use the phone system. Sometimes I would go home knowing I really got nothing done during the day that I had planned. I was always trying to help my coworkers and managers that there are two sides to every story and to give the benefit of the doubt. (Didn't always work)
Good place to work. Staff to residents ratio is great.
CNA (Former Employee), Adrian, MIAugust 25, 2012
Pros: great people to work with. staff to resident ratio good.
Cons: have to plan days off a month ahead
I take residents to dinner and help feed. Perform PM care and assist residents to bed. Answer call lights and do bed checks. Hardest part of job is helping people while they complain. Some don't appricate your help.
Good Experience for Clinicals
CNA (Former Employee), Adrian, MichiganApril 17, 2012
I did my clinical experience here for my CNA and it was a clean environment, where I got to learn new skills and use the skills I already knew.

About Lenawee Medical Care Facility

We are privileged to serve as a nursing home to the elders of Lenawee County, Michigan since 1970, when Lenawee Medical Care Facility – Read more