Lend Lease

Lend Lease Employer Reviews

Comfortable environment, guaranteed daily surprises.
Help Desk Analyst II (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2014
Comfortable environment, guaranteed daily surprises. Coworkers are friendly and welcoming.
Booming Business
Project EH&S Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 1, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: long hours
Job security was key and they proved to be a top competitor in the Chicagoland area. Co-workers are great and easy to get along with, making the long hours fly.
Lend Lease - Opportunities are open
General Superintendent (Current Employee), Fort Knox, KYApril 24, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: communication
I had no problem working with Lend Lease, but I would like to see more communication from Upper Management. Get to know the people in the field.
Great Experience
Certified Payroll Administrator (Former Employee), Schofield Barracks, HIApril 14, 2014
Wonderful atmosphere and diversity. Got to meet a lot of people and built great working relationships.
Good company with a good management structure
Construction Manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 7, 2014
Pros: training, safety culture, benefits
Cons: new safety requirement were implemented without a lot of notice
Good company that was set up with good leadership. They allowed you to do your job and gave you room to perform it. Good company culture that cares about their employees and has good benefits.
Cares about employees
Project Coordinator - Seven Eleven Program (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: promoted healthy living
Cons: extremely fast paced at times
Work life balance was always enforced with this company. A large company that took the time to make sure employees needs were being met. Extremely productive group of construction professionals. It was a pleasure to work here.
A tough company to work for.
Safety Operations Manager for the Hawaii (Former Employee), O‘ahu, HIFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: safety at a top priority.
Cons: at time small issues became big issues and taken out of context.
Safety is top priority for the company. You knew what the job expectations were. Management supported the safety program. At times it was tough to get subcontractor's on the same page.
only higher up managment was promoted, middle managers rarely advanced
Manager (Former Employee), FloridaDecember 17, 2013
Pros: coworkers
Cons: no chance of advancement. empty headed upper management
Rarely saw anyone get promoted except for a certain layer of upper management, that mostly flew around the country going to one cocktail party to the next. My last boss didn't know what he was doing and threw me under the bus as much as possible. He'd come to town and complain about the Australians and then tell me he had a 5th of vodka to go drink. – more... Co-workers were awesome and made working there bearable.
Safety mandates were the best in the business, but most sub contractors bidding the job had no idea what the safety policy was. They'd get on job and either ignore the policy or walk. Management wanted the lowest bid, even when they knew the sub had little to no money in the bid for required safety policy. It didn't help project run smoothly. Most subs lost money and said they would never work on a Lend Lease job again. – less
great project to work on
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee), ChicagoNovember 4, 2013
Some great project to work on but not always managed correctly.
One of the world's leading fully integrated property and infrastructure solutions providers
Zoning Manager (Current Employee), Dallas/Fort Worth, TXSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: home office
Cons: lack of face to face contact with coworkers
This large-scale retail rollout at times has required long hours and a demanding workload. However, the diverse project types provide an ever-changing list of challenges. Is not boring!
Lend Lease
HR Manager II (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 1, 2013
Pros: all major holidays off, work life balance
Cons: procedures make it impossible for managers to nagivate day to day
Formerly Bovis from where I understand culture was better and easier to navigage
Not good
Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 16, 2013
Pros: ok compensation but have to negotiate before joining.
Cons: managers seem to think employees are robots.
Not a great company for career growth especially for women. Company didn't seem to care about quality but more saving face.
Do not recommend working here.
I wouldnt do it if I were you
SPM (Former Employee), BostonMarch 14, 2013
Cons: all of it
I worked there. No regard for the employee...will dump you at a moment's notice. Cutthroat management only interested in using you as a tool to get ahead. Their safety culture adds so much to the cost of construction they are not competitive therefore you'll be out of work very quickly. It's no fun to work in constant fear your boss will schitzo out – more... and dump you. – less

March 16, 2013

100% true!!!

Very fun
mechanic/driver (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJuly 25, 2012
Pros: free lunches once a month.
Cons: high insurance.
Work was a college atmosphere to learn and be of more value to the company.
Great salary and training / will lay-off any position in a heartbeat
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 8, 2012
Great salary offered here and sophisticated training if you're able and allowed to take the time to do it. This company laid off new and seasoned professionals with absolutely no concern or warning when the market dropped. Management can be cut throat to achieve promotion.
Progressive company with stability
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 20, 2012
Pros: salary
Cons: healthcare cost
Nice company. Compensation was good. Training was available. They are a very progessive company. Top management left you alone to run the property.
fun work place
concierge (Former Employee), BluewaterSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: met some really nice people on the way
Cons: zero hour contract
I learned a lot at Bluewater and met some really nice people on the way. Management was always on hand to help when you needed them. The hardest part of my job was dealing with agressive quests but the most enjoyable part was being able to meet my set targets and helping the customers as much as i can and being very helpful to them.
Educational, Charitable, productive and fun
Post Room/Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Harrow, ENGSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free breakfast and fruit
Cons: sametime had to work sundays
A day at the office would be unpredictable and challenging but safe. The business has taught me to put safety first for myself and others. The management system was supportive and allows for progression within the business. The business clearly specifies job roles that there is no room for conflict so co-workers can only benefit from each other.The – more... hardest part of the job was dealing issues involving local authorities. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with people. – less
productively good place to work,i was always work unsupervise
utw (Former Employee), Rockhampton, QLDJuly 31, 2014
Pros: safety barbecue once a month
Cons: only work 9.06 hrs a day tuesday to friday rdo every monday
i am hard worker,honest and willing to learn more activies and get more tickets and I like to keep my work area clean.
Project Administrator
Site Administrator (Current Employee), Millmerran Power StationJuly 13, 2014
I start work at 6.00am and finish at 4.00pm, Monday to Thursday and travel an hour to & from work.

During my 6 years with Lend Lease, I've learnt things such as Target Estimate Costing, Target Cost Scheduling, Rostering, Invoicing, Purchasing, used systems such as JDE, Jobpac, MEX, Preceda and Project Wise.
I've also learnt so much about safety on – more... site, being voted by my peers to be a Site Safety Representative, doing job inspections, identifying hazards & job safety audits.

I work with mainly men (me & 24 men), which I found to be interesting and enjoyable. I have liked working with the guys, they have also taught me so much, I've also gone out, gotten my hands dirty and helped them on jobs as a Trades Assistant.

We have been through 5 managers in 6 years, this has probably been the hardest thing about my job. I feel as though I've had to prove myself and my work ethic, to each and every one of the managers that we have had.

The most enjoyable thing about my job has been, earning the respect of the guys I work with, gaining friends along the way though the people I've met over all of the companies divisions, being able to help upper Management, Management, The Client, and whoever else has needed it, when asked or needed and the feeling that I've achieved so much since starting with the company. – less

About Lend Lease

At Lend Lease, we work with communities, clients and our colleagues to create positive legacies from funding a project right through – Read more

Lend Lease Photos