Lending Club Employee Reviews

Fast Pace and great facility
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 14, 2016
Peer to peer lending is a fairly new market so with that comes lots of trial and error. Nothing is consistent and the communication between departments is very poor. Growth and hiring schemes are unstable. Aside from that, compensation, benefits and work life balance was satisfactory. The work is draining but you receive breakfast, snacks and drinks throughout the day. Overall if things turn around and they find some stability, Lending Club will not be a bad company to work for two years down the line.
Pros
location, compensation free snacks/drinks. Juice bar/barista on site
Cons
Job security, department communication, and overall company stability
It was good for a while
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJuly 21, 2016
Medical benefits and perks are good. The people who work in Lending Club are what makes the company so great. I wish we could've rewarded those who have gone above and beyond with job security instead of laying them off. It sends a bad message to the current employees who are working hard to get a promotion.
Pros
People, work culture, great benefits
Cons
Low morale, no job security
Once an amazing job is now one where everyone is leaving
Member Support Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 22, 2016
Lending Club has amazing benefits. Paid health insurance, free food, PTO and the people they hire are usually great.

I work as a Member Support Representative and basically its just a call center. As such we are treated as the lowest on the totem pole. The entire Operations department is pretty low.

The job is extremely metrics driven but not all of the metrics correlate. You would think when the QA team give you scores it would match the customers experience, but its not.

There is something called adherence. Basically a set schedule you have to be on to take calls. If you divert from it you lose points. It is so heavily weighted that a person can take more calls than everyone, get a higher score and customer satisfaction, but if their adherence is low they will be ranked lower. Not efficient at all.

The pay is good for the work and the benefits are great. There is currently no room for advancement due to the scandal the company had several months ago. 12% of the company was laid off due to it and without warning.

Management is not in touch with the workers. They continually give us more information to be as vague as possibly to the customers to avoid any legal action, to the point that it is hampering our ability to actually help the customers.

Lending Club used to be an amazing job that I actually enjoyed, but it is going downhill so fast that pretty much everyone is looking for a better job now.
Pros
Free food, good benefits, close to bart
Cons
Metrics, management, low morale.
Great Culture to work at
FRAUD SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 3, 2016
Lending Club has amazing benefits, co-workers are great, they have an awesome culture. Management all want to see you succeed and will help you get to the next opportunity.
Pros
free snacks, flexible work schedule
Cool culture
Sales (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 6, 2016
Ok place to work. Upbeat and young. Stock options but now the stock in the Red.Benefits are good. Managers need some changes.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
CEO had to step down
Productive, lots of teamwork towards a common goal, many perks
Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 26, 2016
Lending Club was a great place to work. It has taught me a lot about the tech and financial world. I plan to continue and grow in the same field. I have learned account management skills as well as how to review legal financial documents with efficiency and quality. Management at Lending Club is very encouraging and greatly care for their employees growth and well being. The most difficult part of the job at lending club was the the uncertainty in the financial world and finding the day to day flexibility that came with it. With this came the ability to adapt and be flexible with my daily routine to overcome the slowest or busiest day seen in months. The most enjoyable part of Lending Club would be the amazing perks as well as transparency with the company. Management as well as co workers played a large roll in my growth with the company and my personal skill set.
Ok Company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAJanuary 13, 2017
I think Lending Club corporate is much different that Patient Solutions Division. So this only applies to Patient Solutions Division.

Great people and co-workers everyone is trying to do a good job

Management has very un-realistic growth expectations, company has missed sales goals 3 years in row, however the number goes up every year.
Pros
Great work environment, lots of snacks, 100% healthcare coverage
Cons
bad management
Start up meets Finance
Credit Specialist / Team Lead (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 28, 2016
As a Credit Specialist the main responsibilities were to review and decision personal loan applications. The environment is casual and the culture is conducive to collaboration and sharing. Credit Specialist are expected to review and condition loans at a high volume while maintaing high QA scores. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that the company and you, as a credit specialist, are providing thousands of individuals with needed financing where other institutions and businesses cannot.
Good Place to Work
Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 1, 2016
Typical day involves going about your general duties, the work environment is fun, there are good people who will genuinely want to help you. You have to work hard and be good at your job. There are free snacks and games
productive and fun place with ping pong
Collections Specialist, NCI (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 5, 2016
productive and fun with awesome staff and managers, easy work day the day usually flows really well I learned a lot from the people around me on ways to improve talking to customers and being able to be sure to get payments , management is well they do what there told from their headquarters, my co-workers make my day go by faster they always make me laugh and there always super helpful, hardest part of the job is trying to remain calm in situations on a call due to the fact everybody is going thru something really bad but as the specialist I want to make that customer feel good and make sure they stay up to date with their payments, the most enjoyable part is my lunch break and 2 15 min breaks those are nice .
Pros
contest for bonus
Great start-up culture
Fraud/Credit Underwriter (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 20, 2016
Lending Club has an excellent start-up culture and promotes work-life balance. On the other hand, they strive too hard on creating this image, and push unnecessary tasks in order to promote a false sense of upward movement and care.
Good work environment
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 11, 2016
Unstable company but good work environment. I love the people I work with but I'm not a fan of the extreme micromanagement.
Fun work place
Member Support Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 29, 2016
A typical day in the Member Support role consisted of handling 80-100 calls per day. The inquiries consisted of tasks such as answering borrowers common questions, resetting passwords and creating cases using Salesforce. The company made sure to take care of their employees by providing a well stocked kitchen, massages and even a barista within the Member Support department.
Pros
Well stocked kitchen, arcade and free massages
Cons
Adherence!
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 2, 2016
Making and recving calls daily
Great management
Great co-worker/helpful
No hard parts that I couldnt solve on my own
Co-worker, manager,giving great customer serives after each call
Pros
BOUNS
Cons
NO OVERTIME
Great
Senior BI/ETL Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 6, 2016
Company is medium sized but is run like a startup with lots of flexibitlity. It can use little more balance in management
$50
Front End Developer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 19, 2014
UI Developer

Fun and busy place to work
Loan Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 20, 2016
Lots of challenges within work place. Also a lot of perks to take advantage of. Loved working for Lending Club. The management and the team makes the job special.
Pros
Fun place to work. Lots of team building trips
Cons
Company is fast growing with a lot of changes in positions
Great workplace, ecellent room for growth
Senior Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CASeptember 20, 2015
I would oversee a team of representatives, while also achieving my goals. I learned how to connect with customers on a more personal level while conducting business.The management was great, kept you informed on how you're doing and whats in your future.The hardest part of the job was my commute I commuted 4 hours a day on average. I loved my co-workers,the atmosphere and the overall mission of the company.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Distance
Fast growing company.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 15, 2016
A typical day consisted of gathering requirements, documentation, meetings with team-members, analyzing existing salesforce platform, coming up with use case scenarios, etc.
Lending Club is a young and energetic company.
Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 15, 2014
I like to work at this company. Even though they are young company, they have Discipline. Everybody work together just like family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lending Club. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3