Lennar Corporation

Lennar Corporation Employer Reviews

On the field
Construction Manager (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLDecember 8, 2014
Everyday I would wake up and have only one thing in mind is to get out there,open up my houses and watch and learn about construction the greatest thing was upon completion of the home to see a customer walking in and not to have anything on a list to do before closing,the management was always supportive and gave us the resources to do our job.
Good work place
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), McLean, VADecember 2, 2014
Good place to work, and have fun. The customers are alwasy friendly and nice, the managers can be funny sometimes, but overall good place
great work place
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLNovember 28, 2014
Pros: friendly helpful
Cons: cant think of any
the management there was great everyone got along great I learn how to work different programs hardest part was the time crunch to meet deadlines
Customer Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Columbia, Md.November 21, 2014
Lennar is a very busy company. My day typical includes, creating service tickets, talking to homeowners. At times, it can be frustrating because you can always satisfy everyone
Busy and enjoyable company
Customer Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Aliso Viejo, CANovember 11, 2014
Pros: stable company, longevity
Cons: too far from my home, long drive
I am currently working in the Marketing department of Lennar Homes. A top nationwide homebuilder. I am responsible for preparing and providing the numerous requirements to open a new home community.
I also coordinate all supplies for over 25 sales offices. I also process and track all marketing invoices.
I also work directly with Lennar copy center – more... for all printing needs of all communities. Sales brochures, price sheets, flyers for prospective homeowners. I coordinate with all sales and marketing vendors regarding products and services for specific openings and events. Catering, newspapers, photography...

I have an pleasant working environment. My co-workers are for the most part friendly and helpful,

What I enjoy most is the feeling of accomplishment after several tasks that I am responsible for on a daily basis. – less
People are nice to work with
Executive Assistant to Director of Purchasing (Current Employee), Tampa, FlNovember 11, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
• Provide clerical and administrative support to National Purchasing Team
• Collect and reconcile quarterly rebate payments
• Schedule and Coordinate meetings, appointments, company events and business travel for team
• Follow up and coordinate with associates participating in the Associate Program to ensure they are satisfied with the services received
 – more... Create Expense Reports
• Track insurance compliance and get the partners compliant for all National Trade Partners
• Assist with SharePoint Portal
• Work on Special Projects assigned by Management. – less
Working for Lennar
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 3, 2014
Pros: good direct management. potential to earn good salary/bonus
Cons: interesting upper mangement. little upward mobility.
Working for Lennar was a opportunity that opened the door for me into construction. It broadened my view and opened my eyes to understanding more about construction and how the field operates. I was glad I had the opportunity to work there.
Very productive
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), 1013 N State Rd. Royal Palm BeachOctober 28, 2014
A typical day at work
My typical day at work consists of many elements. Accounts Payable, Scanning, Coding and Data Entry.
Overall a pleasant place to work
Payroll Processor (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 22, 2014
I enjoyed my desk with various problems to tackle and resolve on a daily basis. A Busy department, that can get stressful with payroll deadlines. The hardest part was dealing with my managers' micro-managing.
Very professional work environment.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Davie, FLOctober 22, 2014
A typical day at work… Set up appointments and meet face to face with homeowners, talk about their warranty claims. Schedule and oversee warrantable claims.
What you learned… patience, the customer IS always right. How to treat people and customers.
Management… Team players always available
Your co-workers… Very professional.
The hardest part of the – more... job… telling a homeowner that their request was denied.
The most enjoyable part of the job… Always busy, setting up my own schedule. – less
Great stabel work environment. Industry leader.
Development Manager (Former Employee), Dallas- Fort Worth, TexasOctober 9, 2014
Pros: good pay and benifites
Very strong local team that worked together well. Corporate was very aggressive and calculating. Very innovative risk takers.
Productive work place with room for career advancement
Assistant Construction Manager (Former Employee), Temecula, CAOctober 6, 2014
Best job I've ever had would be willing to go back in heart beat
Great job while it lasted
Contracts Administrator / Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee), Valencia Ca.September 29, 2014
Pros: initial company culture
Cons: eventual death of the company culture
Lennar was not your typical employer, as I quickly discovered while working there as a temp. (prior to being hired permanently). They were very culture oriented and subscribed to the 'work hard , play hard ' philosophy.

As the homebuilder during the boom years, our location went thru multiple leadership / organizational changes. As the impending bust – more... became more imminent , a series of layoffs were instituted, and the usual cheery culture began to rapidly fade away.

My department was one of several in the area that was consolidated into a central facility in another city. None of my department was transferred to this facility, as they already had new staff in place, and we were all laid off.

It was a great place to work when I first began, and I found myself (a self professed 'lone wolf') drawn more into the team culture that initially existed.

In the long run ,I learned and recited that Red Hen poem for nothing it seems. – less
NO WORK LIFE BALANCE!
Management (Former Employee), MiamiSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: small discount if you purchase one of their homes.
Cons: executive team does not respect your time off.
Please consider a position with this company if and only if you have no life and do not mind working crazy hours, getting calls and emails after business hours / weekends, with your reply expected as a norm within the job culture.
Awesome Company to learn Real Estate
New Home Consultant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 19, 2014
Pros: lots of homes to sell, diverse client base, great corporate structure
Cons: long work hours, little room for advancement
Lennar is the number one home builder in Central Florida, as such they have many inventory homes available for sale. My job involved driving between projects to cross-sell their products. I had to pre-qualify customers and write purchase agreements. After a contract was written, my job was just getting started! Follow up between the client and lender – more... was a daily job and involved moving people around until a final approval was reached. Other job functions involved attending weekly meetings, creating competitive shop reports, maintaining the communities and holding Realtor functions. – less
Diffecult place to work
Residential Home Builder (Former Employee), San Antonio, TxAugust 13, 2014
While working for Lennar I've never experienced a more rude, disrespectful group of people. They work you from sun up to sun down everyday. You can't even take lunch away from the job site. You deal with rude upper management that threaten you everyday that you are going to lose you job for not having things completed. You ask for help and they tell – more... you that if they're going to help you they may as well do it themselves. Very rude and disrespectful place to work. – less
Work life balance
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 9, 2014
Great company room for growth. Able to pitch ideas to management without feeling intimidation
This was a lively and fun company where everyday something new happened.
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 7, 2014
Lennar homes incorporated sales and fun into their work environment to help all feel as though they were part of the family.

This was my first Supervisor position where I learned how to work with people on a different level. This job helped me to develop skills and insight into team building and entrepreneurship.

Monthly meetings were developed by – more... each department where they incorporated a message using fun tools. These meetings not only educational but also enjoyable. – less
Very Good
Joint Venture Finance Manager (Former Employee), San DiegoJune 26, 2014
Great opportunities offered at this company during my employment.

Thoroughly enjoyed the team as well as the management.
Great place with friendly people
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee), Irving, TXJune 12, 2014
I absolutely loved working for this company until the housing market crashed.

1 2 3 4