Lennox International

Lennox International Employee Reviews

Not worth it.
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 23, 2016
It took so long to get in the door, and when I finally did it was as a Temp, so no benefits or job security. Stores run way to lean only 2 per store usually. Had to interview 2 months in to the job for my position, Upper management just wants numbers, not return customers. In conclusion I was let go after 4 months for no good reason.
Pros
My store Manager
Cons
My Manager was let go after 30 years
Good Beneifits , Constant Changing leadership
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Store ManagerOctober 28, 2016
This company pays fair with benefits and matching 401. There is a constant changing in leadership which makes for a difficult flow of information and added pressure. They will help when asked but demands are great. Plan to work very long hours all the time. Great stepping stone.
Pros
Fair Pay, 401, Vacation
Cons
High Demands, Changing leadership
Gender Bias to The Extreme
Management (Former Employee) –  Stuttgart, AROctober 19, 2016
I can only speak to this location. It's a good ol' boy environment and women in leadership is not a very frequent occurrence. They do train well, safety is a focus, and there is plenty of opportunity to work overtime as an hourly employee. Wage increases occur automatically every 90 days until reaching top out. If you show up to do your job daily then your job is pretty much secure.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not a place to advance internally if female.
Great Opportunity
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 19, 2016
Lennox National Account Services is a very fast paced business with great growth potential. There is tremendous opportunity if you are willing to work hard. I have seen the company operate in a very ethical manner over and over again. They always try to do the right thing. The work is demanding but if you are someone that thrives on challenges then the rewards can be great as well. Working for Lennox has been a great choice for me and my Family.
Pros
Benefits, Income Potential
Easy going work place with pretty good benefits
Leak Check Operator (Current Employee) –  Stuttgart, ARJuly 7, 2016
A typical work day is long but not too hard.i have learned a lot with this company it has given me many experiences and abilities to grow.The management is decent as well.my co-workers are by far the best thing about the company meeting new people has always been a good thing for me.the hardest part of this job has to be the consecutive days of work with no time off. it is difficult when you have children.
Pros
the different rewards for employee appreciation
Cons
short breaks long work hours, consecutive days of work with no off time during peek season
pays the bills
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Marshalltown, IASeptember 9, 2016
The job is good it pays the bills.

with this company ive learned to Braze copper to copper and Aluminum

The management is ok. sometimes seems like they don't care what you have to say as far as input to make your job and others better.

I get along with pretty much everyone i work around. there is a few that think there better then others .

Hardest part of the my job is telling management something and they just ignore you.

enjoyable part of the job is clocking out and going home
Do not recommend this to anyone that wants a career in hvac
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 4, 2016
Stressful work environment, coworkers will stab you in the back to make them look better. Long stressful work hours and have little concern about your life besides work. Will not pay what your worth. Management and most of the St louis crew has very little in field work experience. Will send you out of town alot to make their numbers for the quarter. Consent changing rules.
Pros
Cons
Na
Horrible
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAOctober 4, 2016
Horrible working environment. They don't treat people fairly. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work there. The management there is some of the worst I've ever seen. Floor manager don't know what to do or tell you the wrong things to do and alot of micro managing as well. No clear focus from the manager
Great Company
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GASeptember 26, 2016
Amazing service
This company goes above and beyond for prospective employees. I have great benefits as well as a good 401k
I am also ecstatic to be working in a call center environment
Great work environment
Replacement Assembly Operator (Current Employee) –  Marshalltown, IAAugust 21, 2016
Lots of long term employees, fun but safe work environment, great hours with occasional mandatory overtime. Union shop with union benefits. Pay could be better. Starting wage is $11/hr and the "incentive" that they offer is rarely attainable in cooling.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Layoffs
Challenging but rewarding work
Director, Human Resources, North America (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GADecember 9, 2015
Lennox is a high performance, high demand workplace. High performers are recognized and rewarded with advancement opportunities and competitive compensation.

Lennox has a high number of long-term employees who stay with the company because it has a great culture and excellent stability and performance.
Pros
Recognition for good work
Cons
Work demands make personal life a challenge
Productive place to work
Distribution Associate (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAOctober 16, 2016
I enjoy working for Lennox but I am looking for something 1st shift. The pay was fair and the management treated the employees fairly. My co workers were great to work with.
Temp Job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARNovember 1, 2016
Temporary position and term ended. Very fast paced environment while assembling air conditioners. Long hours so endurance is needed to fulfill this role.
Awesome place to work.
Sheetmetal 3rd shift (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 14, 2016
Great team, 3rd shift Sheetmetal is top notch. Supervisor and lead do a great job. Medical benefits could be better, insurance deductible is too high. Shift to shift cooperation could be better.
"B" level players
District Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 22, 2016
I have worked for some of the largest manufacturers in the HVAC industry and, while Lennox is considered a part of the "big four", it is definitely miles behind the competition. The employees are completely average, from bottom to top. It is true that you will find some very nice hard working people here but you will likely find that everywhere. The equipment is made well but has zero innovation included. Their commercial offering is laughable at best.

I was making good money and had a clear advancement path but still left because I had no pride in the company for which I was working. If you are just starting in the industry it may be ok but if you have worked for any type of applied product or for Trane or Carrier you will likely be greatly underwhelmed.
Pros
Decent pay. You have a chance to be the smartest guy in the room.
Cons
You have a chance to be the smartest guy in the room.
love this job
Warranty Clerk (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 9, 2016
this is definitely and excellent company to work for if looking for a career and if offered a permanent position it would be something anyone would want to take advantage of.
This is not a good place to work
area sales manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 1, 2015
I'm so mad for wasting my time with this unfair company. You have to be in one of the family's to get a promotion. Also if your manager don't like you no raise for you. They also reward bad work, also they put people in management that have no people skills. So keep looking you don't want to work here.
Pros
Cons
Not a good place to work
Turn over rate is shocking
Customer Service Agent Temporary (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 28, 2016
I can not believe how poor training is and how complicated the computer system is. It is shocking. I keep thinking they will in the near future have to simply this system. THE turn over rate is shocking. Of the 12 people in my class there are only 5 left and that is only after 4 months. I really believe people leave do to the over whelming feeling you get from the poor training and the complicated computer system.
Pros
1 hour lunch plus 15 min breaks, weekends off, off by 6.30
Cons
poor training, difficult to negative computer system, high turn over rate.
Challenging and Rewarding
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 21, 2016
Every day at work is different. I have learned to be flexible and resourceful in an effort to satisfy customers and resolve complex equipment issues.

Management and co-workers are collaborative in solving issues that arise each day.

Travel is the hardest part of my job. Maine is a large state. The most enjoyable part of the job is customer satisfaction.
Pros
Company vehicle, gas card and mileage reimbursement
Cons
Healthcare, long days away from home
Talent Acquisition Business Partner - Contract
Talent Acquisition Business Partner (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 22, 2016
Talent Acquisition is a commodity deal.. Company keeps you on contract because the VP of Talent doesn't see value in Requitment or supporting the function.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lennox International. Our community is ready to answer.