Lennox International

Lennox International Employee Reviews

Ethics
Buyer (Former Employee), Columbus,Ga.July 14, 2015
Pros: This company was a good company, when it was Kysor Warren.
Cons: Can't think of anything good. You have to always watch your back.
Worked there 16 years, just to get laid off from lack of work. Hired 2 people in my department to replace me. They are laying off good people, just to replace them with new people. They do not care about people. They are cleaning house. There is no job security. They make up bogus stuff, so they can write you up. I went on vacation and got wrote up when I came back for parts shortages. They constantly are beating you down for things that are not your fault. Management makes bad mistakes and blames the employees. They cheated me out of 3 days vacation.
A stressful job where the company tries to brainwash you into thinking that you are company property.
Commercial HVAC Service Technician (Former Employee), Morton, IL.July 10, 2015
Pros: No Pros
Cons: Only Cons
If you value your sanity and wish to be able to spend time with your family and friends, stay away from Lennox! They are constantly bombarding you with rules and regulations and you have to follow them down to the molecule. They are always watching you and you have to constantly be looking over your shoulder, not only for management but for your co-workers that they turn into "moles".
Worked to Death
Temporary Assembler (Former Employee), Marshalltown, IowaJune 3, 2015
Pros: Lots of overtime
Cons: 6 day work weeks, 9 hour shifts, need to be at perfect health or you dont deserve your job
I've been working at Lennox for one week now, and all I have to say that it is one of the worst jobs I've had. 6 day work weeks with 9 hour shifts every day are incredibly tiring and leaving me unable to have much of a social life. I would not suggest working here unless you truly need the money.
terrible waste of time
service tech (Former Employee), txApril 29, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: all
Worked for six months with company. Terrible management. Was always walking on thin line of losing job when nothing done wrong. Roof sweeps with pathetic issues wanted written up. Ex. Gum on side walks. Visits from upper management who make you feel worthless. Worse job I ever had. Was let go and promised vacation hours I did not use. Had 50 hrs. Human resources told me I owed the company 12 hrs when I called to complain of not receiving compensation for vacation hours. No good people. Evil
Good company, limited growth opportunities
District Sales Manager (Current Employee), PA, OH, NYMarch 30, 2015
Pros: great quality products and services
Cons: salaries are not competitive with the industry
Good company that has very limited growth opportunities in my state of residence. I was offered a promotion but had to move to TX or SC.
Excellent Company
Executive VIP software/hardware Support (Former Employee), Richardson, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Reputable Organization with Superior Management
Complete with Cafeteria and Excellent Work - Out Facilities
Paid Holidays and Competitive Health Benefits
Corporate Office located in Richardson, Texas
Productive and a great learning experience
SAP R/3 FICO Consultant (Former Employee), Richardson, TXFebruary 1, 2015
Enjoyed the work environment, Work/Life Balance, Compensation, every day there is something new to learn, co-ordination among teams is great. overall a great place to work
laynej summary
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Grove City, OHSeptember 30, 2014
It basic job loading and unloading trucks the lack of good mangment evades there they make poor decisions.
Great products and people
VP Finance & CFO, Heatcraft Refrigeration & HVAC (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 16, 2014
Pros: committed employees
Cons: ?
Great products and staff. Excellent experiences and challenges
ok for early career
manager (Former Employee), RichardsonApril 10, 2014
Pros: known brand, lots of business needs
Cons: poor culture, political, dishonest
Not too bad a place for early career development. Avoid if you're at or above the manager level. Intensely political with constant executive blame gaming and sacrificing staff to cover their own mistakes. Limited ethics and values in place at the senior levels - it all about their bonuses.
Great IF you fit the "Lennox Mold"
Graduate Sales Program Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 31, 2014
Pros: great coworkers, advancement opportunities, good entry level benefits
Cons: old boy's club mentality, need to learn lots of industry knowledge, your talent does not matter you just who recruited you and how much time have you put in
The program is a sales training program. You will spend most of your time in one of their Parts Plus stores working as a counter sales (which means you will be lifting boxes, entering orders, and talking care of customers at the counter) associate while you learn about the industry and the company. They have a great sales training department and most of the people that work in the field are great hardworking people. You will also work as customer service representative (they call it inside sales but it is basically customer service).
This is a great opportunity if you like the HVAC industry and are willing to deal with everything it comes with. It is still an old boys club (taking clients to bone daddies, twin peaks... most customers do not believe women should be in the industry) and they want you to put in your time.
If you want to be worked to death and made to feel awful.. this is the job for you
Service Tech (Current Employee), NCFebruary 18, 2014
Cons: long hours, no support from manager, dysfunctional enviornment, if you want to feel dumb this is the job for you
A typical work day is finding out at 11:30 the night before where you will be going from your manager by a email. God forbid that something goes wrong with a unit on a 25 unit roof after the pm is done. Constant calls from the manager asking why the pm hasn't been completed after you have spent 2 hours driving to the location, 45 minutes hand lifting boxes of filter and equipment up onto a roof.
A typical pm for a large client with multiple roof top units (anywhere from 15-25 units) typically takes 5-6 hours, if no repairs are needed.. That is not counting travel time, which averages 2 hour and one half hours (one way!)
The constant being put down by the manager is not worth the job. The promises of advancement and training are there all the time with no follow up about any of the opportunities. Management constantly gives confusing communication with the customers and upsets them. The techs have to take the brunt of the anger of the customer and try to smooth things over.
Regional techs (Super Techs as they call themselves) are constantly trying to find the smallest thing wrong and criticize the field techs, just to make themselves look good to the higher ups in the company.
If you are new to the HVAC world, stay clear of this company. You will be promised the world and then made to be a scapegoat when they want to get rid of someone because of their budget concerns.
This company has no idea how to treat decent people that just want to work and provide for their families.
If your sick or there is a non Lennox issue you have to deal with at home, be prepared to be criticized and questioned about it at length. Be prepared to work in the worst weather conditions (dangerous ones at that), and be prepared to be told your a "whimp" if the conditions are such that you feel you could be in a unsafe situation.
LENNOX IS NOT WORTH THE TIME AND OR ENERGY! KEEP LOOKING
comfortable workplace
assembler (Former Employee), Stuttgart, ARNovember 25, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: short breaks
Had plenty room to work. We always worked as a team to get the job done. The long work hours were sometime tireing.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Stuttgart, AROctober 24, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work was me working for the full 8 hours nonstop.I learned how to run a variety of machines.Management was awful as well as the coworkers.The hardest part of my job was standing on concrete all day long
Broken Promise after broken promise...
Dispatcher (Former Employee), St Charles, ILSeptember 24, 2013
Cons: lost my unemployment, because they didn't even keep me long enough to be eligible for benefits again.
Went to work for this company, with promises of cross training, and full time hours. After less than 10 days of "training", was "thrown to the wolves", and told the next day what all I did wrong.
After "being trained", hours were being cut (low man on the totem pole). 2 hrs a day commute to work for 3 hrs? Seriously. I explained to management I was aware of the "slow seasons" of the HVAC industry; and all I asked for was some sort of a set schedule, in order to find a second job. I was let go 4 days later, with no notice. Just a "Don't take it personally..."! And, right here, they've still got an add up?! Don't waste your time!
Demand Planner (Current Employee), Richardson, TXSeptember 9, 2013
Great place to work but a lot of potential for improvement in terms of infrastructure and systems.
Laid back with a healthy cafeteria and compact fitness center.
International Taxation Intern (Current Employee), Richardson, TXSeptember 5, 2013
Gathering documentation for different tax return forms. I learnt about the diverse nature of taxation policies in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Management has an open door policy. Co-workers are helpful.
unstabl work environment
DATA ENTRY OPERATOR RANDSTAD (Former Employee), plano, texasAugust 21, 2013
This job was so up in the air-- we were all basically waiting for it to crumble. Poor management
I rather stand at a off ramp then go back to work for that company.
Tech (Former Employee), ILMay 30, 2013
Pros: many vacation and holidays paid
Cons: management
Your just a number there. It's middle management with no or little HVAC experience running a numbers company. If there is a issue between you and your branch manager, he will win. My opinion is not alone, do your research, "HVAC talk" or any other blog has many pro and cons (mostly cons) but my recommendation is too keep looking.
nice place to work
IT Network Administrator II Operations/Maintenance (Current Employee), Richardson, TXApril 9, 2013
Pros: location & people i work with
Cons: healthcare
a typical days work starts at 7am. open the ticket logging software and assign calls.
I learn new things every day each problem is different and each user is different so I learn to adjust as we go.
management is mostly removed from what I do. unless I make a mistake don't really hear from them.
co-workers are great they provide much needed help when needed and distractions when job is getting stressful
the technology changing so fast the hardest part of the job is staying on top of current technology.
the most enjoyable is also the hardest technology we get to work with the latest and greatest equipment everyday.

Lennox International Salaries