Lenoir Community College Employee Reviews

unsecure
Instructional Assistant Health Sciences (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJuly 10, 2017
Great hours Monday through Friday. Like most employers, there are no benefits for part-time employees. However, students can find work while attending school on campus.
Great Place
Assistant to Head of Music Department/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJuly 4, 2017
I loved being a TA and tutor at LCC. My supervisor for both "jobs" were wonderful. It was a great way to earn extra money while taking classes. I would definitely recomend LCC to anyone.
I enjoyed my time there.
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJune 6, 2017
I worked 20 hrs a week under a work study, I enjoyed my time at LCC and while working I also went to school full time. The staff is really nice and helpful and the school is clean.
Pros
It was a good place to work.
Cons
no cons
great place to work
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCMay 9, 2017
LCC is a welcoming community that believes in its students and strives to see them succeed. The management is excellent. They allow you do work at your own pace.
It's a state job
CNC Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCApril 1, 2017
It's a state job. Benefits are excellent and pay is great. I only worked as an instructor for one class, but I enjoyed my time there. When starting, you do have to plan for going a couple of months until you get paid, then only one pay check each month. After that everything seems fine.
nice workplace.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCDecember 28, 2016
a typical hour at work involved having students that felt like showing up. or you just didn't work that hour.
I learned that being punctual is awesome.
management was awesome.
co-workers weren't really a thing here.
Cons
random work schedule
Helpful in advancing my career and education
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCNovember 3, 2016
A typical day at work required massive paperwork. This allowed me to perfect my organizational skills by creating a system that was adopted by my colleagues. The management was proficient and my coworkers were the best in the world. The hardest part of the job was the paperwork but I thoroughly enjoyed exercising my creativity.
Great working environment; interesting work; good management
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCOctober 14, 2016
I loved my job working in the Business, Industry and Emerging Technologies Unit. My co-workers were exceptional. I enjoyed doing the budgets for the 35 departments. I learned how to do many accounting practices. I was responsible for ordering through our automatic order system. I also kept invoices balanced. I became proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. I enjoyed helping all the students and instructors I dealt with on a daily basis. Management was very fair and easy to work with. The job was fast-paced and there were very few boring moments.
Pros
Great co-workers who appreciated what I did.
Cons
Sometimes I was too busy to take a break, but it was not that important to me.
Great job to have while attending school
Minority Male Mentoring Group Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJuly 24, 2016
A typical day included sending emails and filing. I came about this job being a student athlete who needed funds for school expenses. Everyone was very helpful
Pros
Worked around schedule
Learning Experience, Productive and Fun Workplace
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCMay 17, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping other students understand material, there really wasn't a hard part to the job. My boss was a funny and nice woman. I learned how to maintain several activities at once and operate office machinery.
Pros
Fairly easy, enjoyable
Cons
Low pay, time consuming
Spanish Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kinston and Snow Hill NCApril 11, 2016
I like LCC because I have worked there and it gave me a great opportunuty to start in the education field; LCC it gave the encouragement to take a master's.
Pros
Many good people
Cons
No cons
Enjoyable and great place to work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJanuary 24, 2016
A typical day at work was just enjoyable. I learned that if you stay on top of your job, it becomes easier. Management was very professional and respectful. As for my co-workers, we worked as a team. There wasn't anything too hard about the job being that I already had experience.
The most enjoyable part of the day was taking my break, relaxing so I could finish my job.
Switchboard
Switchboard/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCDecember 14, 2015
This was a work study job for me. I enjoyed meeting new people and helping the community. The supervisor worked well with allotting hours amongst everyone.
school
FULL TIME STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCSeptember 6, 2015
I've really enjoyed the learning experience it provided for me and my son. We got to go to school together to learn new things, My son started head start while I worked toward getting my GED
great job
Instructor (Current Employee) –  kinston n.c.August 17, 2015
I really love this job. I work out there for a while and never had any problems with any one I worked with, this company was shut down.
Pros
advancement
Cons
short breaks
school
Student (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCJuly 28, 2015
great place to better your education to increase your chances to better your career in what ever field you desire to commit to. meets a lot of different people doing many things, very helpful in your life choices.
Pros
local
Cons
more classes during the day
Productive workplace student achievement/success highest priority.
Adult Basic Education (ABE) Instructor (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Snow Hill, NCMay 9, 2015
A typical day included classroom instruction to adult students whose objective was to complete their G.E.D. programs.
I improved and utilized my skills in the areas of individualized instruction and motivational techniques.
My supervisor and senior administration were well qualified and supportive.
My co-workers were cooperative and supportive.
I found a great deal of professional and personal satisfaction in experiencing student academic growth.
Pros
A very professional and warm environment
Cons
Supportive staff and administrative personnel. Appropriate curriculum material. Pleasant physical environment.
Adult Basic Education (ABE) Instructor (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Snow Hill, NCApril 7, 2015
A typical day at work included reviewing emails, telephone messages, and prioritizing and accomplishing administrative and other daily tasks. I experienced a great deal of growth in multitasking in a fast-paced institutional environment. A priority for management was best practices in a constantly evolving, culturally diverse student body and staff. Co-workers were cooperative and responsive in sharing ideas and materials in both formal and informal gatherings. The most challenging part of the job was maintaining regular attendance among adults who had to cope with many personal challenges outside of the educational setting. The most rewarding part of the job was the opportunity to be a small part of the students' personal successes and academic achievements.
Pros
Excellent working relationships
Cons
Some negative behavior by students and visitors common to an open academic campus.
Educational
Instructor Certified Production Technician Program (Former Employee) –  Kinstin, NCSeptember 7, 2014
work was wonderful while it lasted. employers were understanding and very helpful.
What you learned
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJune 26, 2014
How to talk to customers and how to listen and understand them.
benefits
Cons
job closed