Lenoir Community College Employee Reviews

Great working environment; interesting work; good management
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCOctober 14, 2016
I loved my job working in the Business, Industry and Emerging Technologies Unit. My co-workers were exceptional. I enjoyed doing the budgets for the 35 departments. I learned how to do many accounting practices. I was responsible for ordering through our automatic order system. I also kept invoices balanced. I became proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. I enjoyed helping all the students and instructors I dealt with on a daily basis. Management was very fair and easy to work with. The job was fast-paced and there were very few boring moments.
Pros
Great co-workers who appreciated what I did.
Cons
Sometimes I was too busy to take a break, but it was not that important to me.
Great job to have while attending school
Minority Male Mentoring Group Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJuly 24, 2016
A typical day included sending emails and filing. I came about this job being a student athlete who needed funds for school expenses. Everyone was very helpful
Pros
Worked around schedule
Learning Experience, Productive and Fun Workplace
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCMay 17, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping other students understand material, there really wasn't a hard part to the job. My boss was a funny and nice woman. I learned how to maintain several activities at once and operate office machinery.
Pros
Fairly easy, enjoyable
Cons
Low pay, time consuming
Enjoyable and great place to work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJanuary 24, 2016
A typical day at work was just enjoyable. I learned that if you stay on top of your job, it becomes easier. Management was very professional and respectful. As for my co-workers, we worked as a team. There wasn't anything too hard about the job being that I already had experience.
The most enjoyable part of the day was taking my break, relaxing so I could finish my job.
Spanish Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kinston and Snow Hill NCApril 11, 2016
I like LCC because I have worked there and it gave me a great opportunuty to start in the education field; LCC it gave the encouragement to take a master's.
Pros
Many good people
Cons
No cons
Switchboard
Switchboard/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCDecember 14, 2015
This was a work study job for me. I enjoyed meeting new people and helping the community. The supervisor worked well with allotting hours amongst everyone.
Productive workplace student achievement/success highest priority.
Adult Basic Education (ABE) Instructor (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Snow Hill, NCMay 9, 2015
A typical day included classroom instruction to adult students whose objective was to complete their G.E.D. programs.
I improved and utilized my skills in the areas of individualized instruction and motivational techniques.
My supervisor and senior administration were well qualified and supportive.
My co-workers were cooperative and supportive.
I found a great deal of professional and personal satisfaction in experiencing student academic growth.
Pros
A very professional and warm environment
school
Student (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCJuly 28, 2015
great place to better your education to increase your chances to better your career in what ever field you desire to commit to. meets a lot of different people doing many things, very helpful in your life choices.
Pros
local
Cons
more classes during the day
school
FULL TIME STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCSeptember 6, 2015
I've really enjoyed the learning experience it provided for me and my son. We got to go to school together to learn new things, My son started head start while I worked toward getting my GED
Unpredictable fly by the seat of your pants. Never a dull moment.
ABE/GED Basic Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCMay 7, 2013
Teach GED off campus at a facility for adjudicated minors. Typical day is 8-5 Monday-Friday 12 months. I have learned to get along with difficult and unpredictable people. Co-workers are smart and team players. The hardest part of the job is learning that one of the minors who earned there GED with me has committed another crime and will be going to prison.
Pros
students
Cons
transfers

Want to know more about Lenoir Community College?

Ask a question
Job security and advancement
Phlebotomy Instructor (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCMay 30, 2014
A jobs that offers me advancement in skills, pay and family work balance. I have learned a lot about myself as a person of commitment for success, how strong I am in adverse situations but found joy in what I enjoy doing and that is helping people. The hardest things is watching people grow and leave and that also is a enjoyable part of the job . This job gave me that and more.
This position give me the oppotunity to interact with a diverse population and interact with WIA participants and Joblink Cutomers
Kiosk Attendant/ Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCJanuary 2, 2014
A typical day would be to assign visitors name tags, direct visitor to different department with the college, help with case management, assist the WIA lead case manager with data entry,
Pros
Hour Lunch
Cons
No Benefits for parttime employees
Teaching Con Ed Courses as needed
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCAugust 7, 2013
I taught CNAI, CNAII, Medical Terminology, CPR, EMT, Anatomy & Physiology, Medical Technician, and Phlebotomy. I assisted in other courses.

There was nothing hard about this job.
The most enjoyable part is seeing students learn new things/skills.
Pros
Schedules based on my availability
Cons
not a full time position; no benefits in Con Ed part time
Just was a college in area to complete my degree.
College student in Criminal Justice Technology (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCDecember 15, 2013
I have been to another college before Lenoir and I was not pleased with this school with acceptance of other school credit classes. Having to take other classes lower than what I had already completed and scored high marks on with another college. I was not happy with the non-communication between my adviser and myself at any given point of time. She would not even respond back to numerous emails and phone call messages to help me with my graduation packet or assessment needed for graduation. I had to retrieve this information over her head with head registrar lady in order to achieve this required element for graduating students.
Pros
That I finaly completed their requirments to achieve my degree from another college.
Cons
That I can move on to another school to achieve an higher degree.
great job
Instructor (Current Employee) –  kinston n.c.August 17, 2015
I really love this job. I work out there for a while and never had any problems with any one I worked with, this company was shut down.
Pros
advancement
Cons
short breaks
Working for my school
Full-time Student/ Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCMarch 13, 2013
I enjoyed working for the biotech and biology department of my school. The pay and hours were very low compared to a full time job, but the experience and knowledge I gained as an assistant was very beneficial.
Pros
the experience and balance of work and family life
Cons
compensation and hours
Supportive staff and administrative personnel. Appropriate curriculum material. Pleasant physical environment.
Adult Basic Education (ABE) Instructor (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Snow Hill, NCApril 7, 2015
A typical day at work included reviewing emails, telephone messages, and prioritizing and accomplishing administrative and other daily tasks. I experienced a great deal of growth in multitasking in a fast-paced institutional environment. A priority for management was best practices in a constantly evolving, culturally diverse student body and staff. Co-workers were cooperative and responsive in sharing ideas and materials in both formal and informal gatherings. The most challenging part of the job was maintaining regular attendance among adults who had to cope with many personal challenges outside of the educational setting. The most rewarding part of the job was the opportunity to be a small part of the students' personal successes and academic achievements.
Pros
Excellent working relationships
Cons
Some negative behavior by students and visitors common to an open academic campus.
Rewarding Experience
English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCFebruary 2, 2014
I enjoyed working at Lenoir Community College because I helped people with their different studies and educational needs. They were grateful for my help and spread the word about how I was helpful and patient.
Pros
Could choose my own Clients
Nice place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJuly 22, 2013
I enjoyed working here cause i was able to be on my own and get to walk around the campus making sure that every thing was secure and that no one else was in any of the buildings at the end of the day.
classroom environment
Graphic Arts Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJune 8, 2012
Working with teenagers was challenging but at times rewarding.
Pros
summers off
Cons
hard to take days off during the school year.

4.2