Lenoir Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

A very unique place to learn.
Central Service (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJune 3, 2016
Lenoir Memorial Hospital, Central Service Stocking and tagging items.Enjoyment of the environment,and getting to know new peoples.
Not As Advertised
RN-Staff Nurse Level II (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCApril 8, 2016
I feel like most of the reviews below are from administration. Positive starting pay, but hardly ever any pay increases. As of right now, new nurse starting pay is higher than experienced nurses. High Nurse to Patient ratio, even on more advanced floors 8:1 ratio with patients on cardiac drips, etc. Many HCP's have 12+ Patients each. High stress, high turnover on floors. Testing and other services basically shuts down on weeks. Feels like management doesn't receive input well.
Pros
Good New Nurse Starting Pay, Some good Nurses/HCPs
Cna
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCFebruary 1, 2016
This was a good place to work at. It had good benefits and the company its self was good. I enjoyed assisting the patients the hardest part was when they passed. my co workers were good
Good job but so many changes make it impossible for everyone to be on the same page
Nutrition Tech/ Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCDecember 9, 2015
Working with people who really need you make me happy. People expect great customer service in all areas and that is what I strive to do. I love working with people and being able to make someones day!
pay is reasonable
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCNovember 15, 2015
It was a good place to work a few years ago, but I don't know about now with so many changes. There was very good staff at Lenoir.
Pros
pay and benefits are reasonable
Cons
administration
Where to begin
Nutrition Tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCMay 6, 2015
There is no room for job advancement in the department that I am working in. Management is very poor as well as compensation. There is a lot negativity in the department known as favoritism and bad mouthing each other. Overall not a good place to work in my opinion, needs a lot of improvement and proper management. Co-workers moral is very low in the workplace.
Pros
N/A
Cons
short breaks, low pay, childish conduct
Executive Director, Lenoir Physician Network (Current Employee) –  Kinston NCApril 9, 2015
Great place to work. The only reason I am looking for a new position is that I need to return to SC for personal/family issues
Rn
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCMarch 1, 2015
RN in the Emergency Department at Lenoir Memorial Hospital in Kinston North Carolina. The Emergency Department has been a great leaping point for my Nursing Caree but my passion has always been for Labor and Delivery or NICU.
Lenoir is a very pleasant place to work. I done my clinical there as a student. Everyone from management to employees' was versy welcoming.
Nursing Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCFebruary 1, 2015
A typical day was coding charts, filing medical records and creating team projects. I learn about Medicaid, and Medicare insurance, coding, etc. Management was very helpful from day 1 making sure the students learn all that needed to know during the few months I was there. My classmates all wanted to learn all of the material and information that was offer. The hardest part of the job was learning some of the employees names. The most enjoyable part of the job coding.
Pros
discounts on lunch meals for the students
Cons
working without recieving a paycheck.
Great job with many chances to grow with company
Medical Receptionist Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCNovember 25, 2014
This was a wonderful place to work. Staff was great. I was able to receive my Associate's Degree while working here with the help of management.
Pros
many opportinuties to grow with company
Cons
poor budget
Loved my job, Hated managment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  LabAugust 7, 2014
I loved my job and the time I spent here, Dislike the management in the Lab at LMH! Would go back in a heart beat if that ever changes! I enjoyed the patients I worked with and the staff in most every department. I just couldn't make my self stay with the management I had to deal with. Strong racism by lab management!!
Great people to work with, giving outstanding service to the community.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJuly 29, 2014
I worked for this hospital for over 20 years as a medical transcriptionist and just recently was outsourced to a company in Pennsylvania continuing as a transcriptionist. Working for the hospital was great. My co-workers were friendly and helpful and always willing to go the extra mile. I learned Speech Recognition and how to edit reports, improved my typing speed and accuracy, learned hospital procedures and policies, etc.
Pros
ability to work over-time, great benefit packages, outstanding customer service.
Cons
had to be outsourced to another outside company.
Caring, and compassionate community based enviorment
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCJuly 1, 2014
- Each work day provides excitement for me, because no day at work is typical. Each new day is rewarding to both the customers we serve as well as myself.
- I have learned that Lenoir County has a diverse socioeconomic population, with various clinical opportunities for therapist.
- Management is supportive in the quest for the community needs we serve.
- All co-workers and employees that I have had the pleasure of working with are phenomenal and caring in many ways.
- The hardest part of the job is documentation / paperwork, secondary to the joy of working with our customers.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to educate and provide direct care to the individual we serve.
Pros
flexibility, diversity, caring, compassionate people
Cons
the current healthcare market in general.
Working conditions were indeed professional and courteous.
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCMay 4, 2014
I have always wanted to work in a hospital environment which help individuals. Working at Lenoir Memorial Hospital as an Intern without pay was rewarding and very educational as I was trained by a Certified Social Worker in the CAP/DA Program which allowed individuals with disabilities to remain in their homes with the necessary vendors providing services to secure their safety and well-being. I also was trained to put their information into the data base of the program.
Pros
hours were very much to my liking and i did not have to work on the weekend.
Cons
there was no pay, and no benefits.
Fantastic workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant I/Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCNovember 11, 2013
• Administered direct patient care
• Observation of Telemetry monitors to identify rhythm changes
NA 1 Hospital Work
Patient Care Trainee (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCOctober 15, 2013
*Helped patients one on one care
*Learned how to care and understand patients
*Loved meeting new people
*Hardest was working 12 hour shifts/and losing patients
Pros
new patients, fast pace
Cons
short breaks, always on your feet
It`s a very productive and challenging place to work.
Health Record Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCJune 11, 2013
While working with this company it has given me a greater outlook on patient care and want it really mean when you can say we put patient first.
Pros
lunch discount
Fun place to work
cafeteria worker (Former Employee) –  Kinston NCJune 10, 2013
Well a typical day at work, I would have to clean the snack bar, salad bar, restock food, and drinks. I learned responsibility, Management was good the co-workers would good to work with and was good to me to, the hardest part of the job was having to leave, got to explore new things
Pros
got to leave school
Cons
was for a class at north lenoir
Great place to work!
Therapist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 21, 2013
Good co-workers and although you are tied to a time clock you get off on time and get compensated for hard work.
Pros
get off on time
Cons
poor department manager at time of employment
You worked the skills that was taught to you.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCMarch 20, 2013
A typical day would be hard working, getting to each and every room with in a timely manner, make sure each and every patient's needs were meet and make sure that each and every nurse had what they needed from the nursing assistant when each and every time that asked. Maintain all data entry information so that the nurses could be able to inform the Dr.s of their patient infirmities and to keep your area as clean as possible. I learned how to truly multi task quickly and correctly to keep with the pace of a fast moving environment. The co-workers were in the wind as well as I was. We banded to gether many times in order to keep the pace moving like running water. The most part that I enjoyed about this job was going home.
Pros
i was employed.
Cons
too many patient and not enough help

4.4