Lenoir Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Not As Advertised
RN-Staff Nurse Level II (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCApril 8, 2016
I feel like most of the reviews below are from administration. Positive starting pay, but hardly ever any pay increases. As of right now, new nurse starting pay is higher than experienced nurses. High Nurse to Patient ratio, even on more advanced floors 8:1 ratio with patients on cardiac drips, etc. Many HCP's have 12+ Patients each. High stress, high turnover on floors. Testing and other services basically shuts down on weeks. Feels like management doesn't receive input well.
Pros
Good New Nurse Starting Pay, Some good Nurses/HCPs
Good job but so many changes make it impossible for everyone to be on the same page
Nutrition Tech/ Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCDecember 9, 2015
Working with people who really need you make me happy. People expect great customer service in all areas and that is what I strive to do. I love working with people and being able to make someones day!
Cna
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCFebruary 1, 2016
This was a good place to work at. It had good benefits and the company its self was good. I enjoyed assisting the patients the hardest part was when they passed. my co workers were good
pay is reasonable
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCNovember 15, 2015
It was a good place to work a few years ago, but I don't know about now with so many changes. There was very good staff at Lenoir.
Pros
pay and benefits are reasonable
Cons
administration
Where to begin
Nutrition Tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCMay 6, 2015
There is no room for job advancement in the department that I am working in. Management is very poor as well as compensation. There is a lot negativity in the department known as favoritism and bad mouthing each other. Overall not a good place to work in my opinion, needs a lot of improvement and proper management. Co-workers moral is very low in the workplace.
Pros
N/A
Cons
short breaks, low pay, childish conduct
Lenoir is a very pleasant place to work. I done my clinical there as a student. Everyone from management to employees' was versy welcoming.
Nursing Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCFebruary 1, 2015
A typical day was coding charts, filing medical records and creating team projects. I learn about Medicaid, and Medicare insurance, coding, etc. Management was very helpful from day 1 making sure the students learn all that needed to know during the few months I was there. My classmates all wanted to learn all of the material and information that was offer. The hardest part of the job was learning some of the employees names. The most enjoyable part of the job coding.
Pros
discounts on lunch meals for the students
Cons
working without recieving a paycheck.
Rn
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCMarch 1, 2015
RN in the Emergency Department at Lenoir Memorial Hospital in Kinston North Carolina. The Emergency Department has been a great leaping point for my Nursing Caree but my passion has always been for Labor and Delivery or NICU.
Executive Director, Lenoir Physician Network (Current Employee) –  Kinston NCApril 9, 2015
Great place to work. The only reason I am looking for a new position is that I need to return to SC for personal/family issues
Great people to work with, giving outstanding service to the community.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJuly 29, 2014
I worked for this hospital for over 20 years as a medical transcriptionist and just recently was outsourced to a company in Pennsylvania continuing as a transcriptionist. Working for the hospital was great. My co-workers were friendly and helpful and always willing to go the extra mile. I learned Speech Recognition and how to edit reports, improved my typing speed and accuracy, learned hospital procedures and policies, etc.
Pros
ability to work over-time, great benefit packages, outstanding customer service.
Cons
had to be outsourced to another outside company.
Working conditions were indeed professional and courteous.
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCMay 4, 2014
I have always wanted to work in a hospital environment which help individuals. Working at Lenoir Memorial Hospital as an Intern without pay was rewarding and very educational as I was trained by a Certified Social Worker in the CAP/DA Program which allowed individuals with disabilities to remain in their homes with the necessary vendors providing services to secure their safety and well-being. I also was trained to put their information into the data base of the program.
Pros
hours were very much to my liking and i did not have to work on the weekend.
Cons
there was no pay, and no benefits.
Caring, and compassionate community based enviorment
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCJuly 1, 2014
- Each work day provides excitement for me, because no day at work is typical. Each new day is rewarding to both the customers we serve as well as myself.
- I have learned that Lenoir County has a diverse socioeconomic population, with various clinical opportunities for therapist.
- Management is supportive in the quest for the community needs we serve.
- All co-workers and employees that I have had the pleasure of working with are phenomenal and caring in many ways.
- The hardest part of the job is documentation / paperwork, secondary to the joy of working with our customers.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to educate and provide direct care to the individual we serve.
Pros
flexibility, diversity, caring, compassionate people
Cons
the current healthcare market in general.
A unit of caring hearts
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCOctober 8, 2013
A typical day at Lenoir Memorial consist of answering the phone, greeting families, checking in with charge nurse to see of anything the unit may need. Always check for any physician consults and call if needed.
The hardest part of my job is organization. Keeping the unit neat and clean can be a great task, because of some nurses and the many people that is in and out of the unit.
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the families, whether it be making coffee, offering them a drink, contacting other family members or just an ear to listen. Then seeing the look on their face that say Thank You.
Pros
great staff
Cons
very busy
Family Oriented Environment
Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCSeptember 25, 2012
Depending on what day it is the day can go from smooth to chaotic in zero to 60 sec....lol!
Enjoyed establishing relationships with the staff and upper management as well as the Volunteers.
Education and Staff Development Staff was truly my second family....we shared a lot of laughs and shed some tears but we preserved through.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to use the technical and creative skills.

I would reccommend LMH to anyone that is looking for a small hospital that has the family oriented environment.
Productive workplace with constant interaction with patient and families
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCMay 21, 2012
This is a very challenging job which requires moderate critical thinking. This is a confined environment so there are numerous personalities to deal with but it can also be a great way to make friends. The best part of the day is when we all pull together to provide safe and efficient care to every patient and then the day comes to an end. The hardest part of this job is becoming familiar with all the different tasks associated with the operating room. It is very different from working on the floor, but I have mastered them both!
Pros
holidays off, make good money, small patient load
Cons
long hours at times, have to take call, never know what time you're getting off
Great job with many chances to grow with company
Medical Receptionist Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCNovember 25, 2014
This was a wonderful place to work. Staff was great. I was able to receive my Associate's Degree while working here with the help of management.
Pros
many opportinuties to grow with company
Cons
poor budget
Loved my job, Hated managment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  LabAugust 7, 2014
I loved my job and the time I spent here, Dislike the management in the Lab at LMH! Would go back in a heart beat if that ever changes! I enjoyed the patients I worked with and the staff in most every department. I just couldn't make my self stay with the management I had to deal with. Strong racism by lab management!!
You worked the skills that was taught to you.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCMarch 20, 2013
A typical day would be hard working, getting to each and every room with in a timely manner, make sure each and every patient's needs were meet and make sure that each and every nurse had what they needed from the nursing assistant when each and every time that asked. Maintain all data entry information so that the nurses could be able to inform the Dr.s of their patient infirmities and to keep your area as clean as possible. I learned how to truly multi task quickly and correctly to keep with the pace of a fast moving environment. The co-workers were in the wind as well as I was. We banded to gether many times in order to keep the pace moving like running water. The most part that I enjoyed about this job was going home.
Pros
i was employed.
Cons
too many patient and not enough help
Dedicated to making making ones hospital experience as comfortable as possible.
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Clinical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCSeptember 3, 2012
My 8 yrs working at this hospital has made a deep impression on my life. I have learned the value of caring, sharing, and putting others lives in front of my own. My co-workers are deffinately my family away from home. They are a wonderful group of people to be around daily. From the doctors I see from day to day to the enviromental service workers. I must say that the hardest part of my job is loosing a patient that has spent countless years, months, weeks, and days with us receiving chemotherapy treatments. No matter how proffessional a person is if you have a heart for people loosing a patient will never be easy. As time goes on you learn to put your feelings aside and learn to pray inwardly for the grieving family.
Pros
excellent benefits, safe enviroment, and dedication to patients
Cons
sometimes short staffed
NA 1 Hospital Work
Patient Care Trainee (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCOctober 15, 2013
*Helped patients one on one care
*Learned how to care and understand patients
*Loved meeting new people
*Hardest was working 12 hour shifts/and losing patients
Pros
new patients, fast pace
Cons
short breaks, always on your feet
It`s a very productive and challenging place to work.
Health Record Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCJune 11, 2013
While working with this company it has given me a greater outlook on patient care and want it really mean when you can say we put patient first.
Pros
lunch discount

4.4