Lenovo Employee Reviews in United States

Love working for them.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJune 25, 2016
they are are good company to work for. I enjoyed myself and the customers. I wish them the best. Lenovo will always stand strong.
Nice place to work overall
Sr Manager - Professional Services PMO (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJune 3, 2016
Overall nice environment to work.
Very dynamic work
Management is struggling a bit.
By and large co-workers were very good - no major concerns overall.
Pros
lenovo culture is good
Cons
management has its issues
International exposure, great benefits and pay
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 1, 2016
Long hours but I enjoyed my time there; great people and supportive managers. Difficult to work two schedules if you have a family
Lack of job security
Shipping (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 24, 2016
Good at train at moving people around to learn different things. But sometimes they do have lack of communication. I did enjoy the hours and the money. Learned bout doing shipping out and small pack. Some co-workers where not very friendly .
Cons
No dental issurance
Started good but went down hill
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 4, 2016
Company is only focused on themselves and will always look out for themselves before their employees. The people at the company (my peers) are also a hit or a miss. Some are really great people but most of them reflect the company mind set of them against the world and will run over you in the process.
Not the best place to advance career
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 22, 2016
I never felt like there was real job security nor that I had an opportunity to go anywhere. After a bunch of coworkers were laid off, I was also laid off.
Productive workplace, nice employees
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCMarch 29, 2016
I learned a lot about supply chain and inventory management while at Lenovo. Nice office environment with a lot of diversity in the workplace.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Little room for advancement for contractors
ping pong table for fun
PACKER (Current Employee) –  Whitsett, NCMarch 28, 2016
The work is easy. the only problem is you will always be a contract worker. This would be a great place to retire if they hired.
Excellent work Life Balance
Sr. Customer Ops Specialist (Current Employee) –  MexicoMarch 16, 2016
Capable to work from home, good benefits, sush as health plan, vision and dental insurance plan, good environment.

Work life balance
Great place work
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  NCMarch 4, 2016
Employee is empowered. Real international exposure. If you are looking for a dynamic company, Lenovo is your place to be.
Great Technology Leading Company
Account Executive - West (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Company is passionate about technology, customer service and market share growth in US. Management is multi-cultural with many IBM (Thinkpad) executives influencing the US consumer business. Most challenging aspect of being an Account Executive, is driving towards the companies asperational growth goals while in a declining category (PC's in general).
Pros
Work from home with given territory - Leading Brand in PCs
Cons
China based company with little US knowledge / understanding
Was a typical temporary job. It was not too stressful.
Computer Assembler (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCJanuary 30, 2016
A typical work day was an 8 hour shift that fluctuated from 4-7am to 1-4:30. The work load was not overbearing but often times heavy.
Lack of Stability
Enterprise Technical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2016
I was part of sale of IBM System X to Lenovo. I worked for Lenovo during which Lenovo changed strategies several times. Upper management seemed more concern about current profitability vs. having a long term vision.

I did not see micromanagement during my stay at Lenovo and Lenovo did sink some money into training us on current products. Job stability, innovation was not a priority as "business" decisions to pick low cost products and cut work force currently prevalent.
Pros
Micromanagement kept to minimum. Job Training provided on current Lenovo Products.
Cons
Lack of long term strategy. No Job Stability.
Part Time
Asst to WorkStation Unit Exec Director/GM (Former Employee) –  RTP, NCJanuary 19, 2016
Great company with much upside. I wanted to continue to work here, but the position was for a fixed length of time. They had great benefits and were very people oriented.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Only temp job
Productive and encouraging
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 13, 2016
Good company to work with good work life balance. Good relaxing day at office. Learned new technologies and management is cooperating.
Decent place to gain some experience, do not plan on a career
Advisory Research Engineer (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 11, 2016
Decent place to gain some experience, do not plan on a career. Layoffs are certain, beware. I would advise software ppl to seek employment elsewhere
Productive Work Enviornment
North American Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 7, 2016
I enjoyed being able to multi-task and meet many different people that was a part of allowing me to do my job. I appreciated feeling like I was a part of Lenovo.
Highly motivated atmosphere with lots of incentives to win win win
Senior Inside Sales Representative, NA eCommerce (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 5, 2016
A typical day at work included the morning huddle discussing any new news or product release or training. Jumping in the queue pumped ready to make some money!
Previously I was never a techie person and really had basic knowledge of computers until I began working at Lenovo. We are provided with continuous product training but a true self starter and computer salesperson keeps themselves up informed about the new technology on the market.
The hardest part of the job would be the things you cannot control such as supply issues, delayed orders and over selling on a product.
Great atmosphere, motivated managers and coaches and onsite gym.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
inconstant or sometimes irregular work schedule
Job and People were alright
Advisory Project Manager (Former Employee) –  RTP, NCJanuary 3, 2016
Generally a good place to work. But company is constantly looking to outsource existing skills to China.
Company seems to place more value and emphasis on acquiring technology and intellectual property than it's people.
401k plan not so good.
Pros
Reasonable work environment if you don't mind open workspace architecture
Cons
Constant concerns over resource actions and job outsourcing to China
Great place to gain expierience working for a global company.
(BT) IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCDecember 20, 2015
Great place to gain expierience working for a global company. A typical work day begins early in the morning and ends late at night. My co-workers are very hard workers and we work together as a team very well. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people that I genuinely liked.
Pros
Learning about different cultures
Cons
Long work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lenovo. Our community is ready to answer.