Lenox Hill Hospital Employee Reviews

Its a place to work with alot of growth
Certified Nurse Attendant Float Pool (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2017
Its in the upper east side of manhattan new york. Employees work together as a team. A typical day at work is when i arrive to work i have to report to the nursing office for staffing so i will be notified where i will be working for the day. I work as a cna float, i have floated to medical/surgical units, pediatrics, mother/baby, step down surgical units, critical care units. When i arrive to the units will be assigned a discrict to care for patients, walk, groom, feed and answer call lights. I also check the blood sugar for patients.
Pleasant and professional work staff
Staff Pharmacist(chemotherapy specialty) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2017
Nice work atmosphere;management was very good,treating employees very professionally. I increased my knowledge of chemotherapy tremendously thanks mostly to my imediate supervisor.
no balance
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2017
The one thing that frustrates me about this organization is absolutely there is no balance between work/personal life. The Work that has to get done on the unit is hard enough and the management team focuses on the tiny, irrelevant details.
it was a fun environment
Summer Volunteer Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10065March 25, 2017
I volunteered at the hospital during the summer. I was stationed on various floors. I was able to assist the CNA'S, RN's, LPN's and student nurses. I assisted the clerks at the front desk with answering phones. everybody was available and willing to teach you.
Teaching facility
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2017
You will learn to be the best at your job working there. The faculty strives for perfection and gives you a chance to learn and succeed. Any person dedicated to good work will succeed.
great experience
Nursing Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2017
Loved dealing with many different patients, learned so much. Workers were amazing as well of my surroundings. Gained alot of knowledge
Great place to be an RN, strong union with benefits
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2017
The saying "it takes a village" most definitely was made up with Lenox Hill nurses in mind. The sense of teamwork is palpable when one walks into the NICU.
Staff
RN Staff Nurse Post-partum (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2017
Overall a pleasant place to work. At times, like any place, there are staffing shortages. However, compared to other hospitals, you will likely have the supplies that you need to perform your job.
It's a stressful environment to work under
Patient Service Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 16, 2017
It's a stressful environment to work under. Management needs to support their staff a bit more. I need change and I am up for a challenge. I am a hard worker and am not afraid to step up and do what I need to do to get my job done with efficiency.
Pros
Great 1199 benefits
Cons
Management needs to support their staff a bit more.
experience
Host (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2016
A great customer experience the smallest of things can make someone happy. I enjoyed coming into work everyday. very busy but it was all worth it.
okay place
Surgical Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2016
Okay place to work . Needs improvement . Better management and organization is required. Employees not paid enough for long hours. Management does not work with staff .
Pros
co workers
Cons
hours
Full-Time Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2016
Work is distributed equality, great place to get hired and start and move up the ladder.
I work in radiology and i have no complains about the environment.
Productive and excellent place to work for.
Computed Tomography Technologist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2016
Excellent service and state of the art technology. Great mision and value of the hospital. Its a teaching hospital with many different diverse people which are very polite and work best with each other.
evolving
STAFF NURSE (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2016
great coworkers, evolving environment, changes are being made. Union for nurses, competitive salaries

workload varies. patient care is priority
great place
Secertary (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2016
Great place to work, pays for you to go back to school if interested in nursing. great hours. many different location. training is all the way out in long island.
Excellent experience
Admitting & Endoscopy Registrar (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2016
One of the most enjoyable places to work. I would recommend people to join the hospital because I believe in the mission and values of the hospital. The hospital provides room for growth and excellent compensation package for all staff members.
Pros
room to learn in other departments
Cons
Union Layoff
Fast Growing Organization
Practice office supervisor (Current Employee) –  927 Park Avenue New York, NY 10028September 14, 2016
Prioritize schedule, assign and monitor work to optimize operational service. Analyze, recommend, implement and monitor approved, compliant work-flow changes.
Productive workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  100 east 77th streetAugust 4, 2016
A typical day at work is nothing you can't handle. I have been able to enhance my computer skills during my four years working at the hospital. Co-workers have been supportive of each other. Hardest part of the job is the handling of unruly patients or visitors. The most enjoyable part of the job is providing customer service to our clients.
Productive Work Place and Fun
Shadowing Student (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 2, 2016
I was a student that shadowed the cardio-thoracic team at Lenox Hill Hospital. I was interested in pursuing a P.A. career, Therefore, I observed positive energy amongst the staff and great team work during my short time there.
Pros
great team work
Cons
Great place for growth amongst employees and staff
Housekeeper/EVS (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 25, 2016
Good environment to work in with great people and good pay. The management was poor and working conditions was hard work. The most enjoyable part of the job was he seeing the staff put smiles on the patients faces.
Pros
Staff, Benefits, Pay, & People
Cons
Over worked, Bad management, short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lenox Hill Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2