Lenox Hill Hospital

Lenox Hill Hospital Employer Reviews

The best place I've ever worked
Security Manager/ Fire Safety Director (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: a sure job
Cons: the pay couldv'e been better
Enjoyed the atmosphere and worked with an array of talented personnel.
Good first job out of PA school
Physician Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: long hours, 5 days a week with very low salary
I worked for a pulmonary doctor and internist. My days were split half day inpatient and half day outpatient. As a new grad I learned so much on this job. The hard part was the hours, 12-14 hours a day, 5 days a week, and I was at the low end of the pay scale for PAs at the time.
Excellent
Assistant Director/ Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 1, 2014
The benefits are awesome, support from management, excellent work environment
Excellent place to work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 18, 2014
Pros: employee appreciation functions
Cons: can get real busy in some departments
Excellent place to work in all departments of hospital. A very friendly atmosphere.
Hard but rewarding
Medical Office/File Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 17, 2014
File paperwork and medicine
Deliver medicine
Communicate with patient's relative and friends informing them of what is acceptable in the hospital and what the patient is suitable for i.e. type of food, rest that the patients need etc.
I have been able to advance my career
Angiographic Technician (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 15, 2014
Education and career advancement combined with optimum customer service is the platform of my performance in the work environment.
The Hospital was a good place to work, the staff are nice.
Store Room Clerk / OR Tech (Former Employee), 100 East 77th, Street. New York, NY. 10021June 12, 2014
Pros: sometimes the unit had free lunch and dinner.
Cons: the work overload is to much sometime, short break period.
The Lenox Hill Hospital is a very busy place, the hours I come in are none stop work. I work for a Open Heart Unit, I learn a lot for the doctors and the PA, the management was very professional and courteous. The worker in the unit was hard worker, the hardest thing in the unit, is the code red, when a patient is coding. That is life or death situation. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job is when the unit have a birthday or Thanksgiving, Christmas party. – less
Productive learning environment
Student Nurse Senior Preceptorship (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 4, 2014
Pros: great teamwork
Cons: quick turnover
I loved my experience here. They have a great team and a great manager. They take care of each other and there is a great patient/nurse ratio.
worked as housekeeping staff.duties were the cleaning and sanitizing of the operating rooms.
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 28, 2014
Responsible for the upkeep of the OR, including beds, kick buckets, surgical equipment, instrument tables.placing all debris and blood in its designated area, separated regulated waste from non-regulated.
Productive work place
Staffing Scheduling Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 24, 2014
A typical day at the job is very fast paced and exciting. It is a learning experience working with the nursing staff. I have a great appreciation for nurses now that I have worked closely with them. My management team keeps the staff on their toes they are great to work with. My co-workers are the best we work well together. The hardest part of the – more... job is not being able to fully staff a unit. The most enjoyable part is when everything comes together. – less
INNOVATIVE AND ENERGETIC
Psychiatric Registered Nurse (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 20, 2014
caring for patients experiencing acute mental distress or who have an enduring mental illness;
assessing and talking to patients about their problems and discussing the best way to plan and deliver their care;
building relationships with patients to encourage trust, while listening to and interpreting their needs and concerns;
ensuring the correct administration – more... of medication, including injections, and monitoring the results of treatment;
responding to distressed patients in a non-threatening manner and attempting to understand the source of distress;
applying 'de-escalation' techniques to help people manage their emotions and behavior;
preparing and participating in group and/or one-to-one therapy sessions, both individually and with other health professionals; – less
Good learning hospital
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 11, 2014
This is a good learning hospital for students. Good diversity of people to gain knowledge from.
A CHALLENGING PLACE TO WORK
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 8, 2014
GAINED EXPERIENCE IN DEALING WITH PATIENTS WITH SLEEP APNEA BY USE OF BIPAP MACHINES. LEARNED TO WORK AS A TEAM WITH CO-WORKERS TO PROVIDE SUCCESSFUL PATIENT OUTCOMES IN EMERGENCIES. ALERTING DOCTORS WITH BLOOD GAS RESULTS WITH CRITICAL VALUES AND MAKING VENTILATOR ADJUSTMENTS TO IMPROVE PATIENT OUTCOMES. DOCUMENTATION OF EACH PATIENT IN REGARDS TO – more... BRONCODILATOR DELIVERY AND FOR CHANGES IN VITAL SIGNS .CLINICAL ROUNDS WITH HEALTHCARE TEAM TO SET GOALS FOR PATIENT CARE AND TO PROVIDE PROGRESSIVE MONITORING OF IMPROVEMENTS MADE BY THE PATIENT. – less
my day
Social Worker (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 18, 2014
I work with an inpatient oncology population provided supportive services and discharge planning.
Productive, busy, respectful
Distribution Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 7, 2014
Each day is different but the job is pretty much the same. If you have been trained well the job is easy. The day to day activities involve communicating effectivly with nurses and other staff members and we are usually on good terms. On the busiest day, more products enter and I distribute them according to priority and overall its a great experience – more... to be a part of helping patiens. The hardest part would be looking for items that are missing. The most enjoyable part is knowing that the job was done correctly and everything is successful. Management isn't bad but sometimes neglectful on others perspective and ideas. I've learned a lot about different instruments used in different surgerys and it's very interesting. – less
My Bio
Nutrition Educator (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: poor managment
I have rich experience in clinical and community nutrition, nutrition education/mentoring and public speaking. I believe that my vast nutrition knowledge and experience in the field combined with my passion for outreach – specifically, my outreach work with school-aged children and staff provide me with the necessary skills and motivation to perform – more... effectively in this role.

As a clinical dietitian with Sodexo at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City, my responsibilities include both clinical and non-clinical functions. My primary responsibilities include managing the nutritional needs of patients on the oncology, cardiac, maternity and psychiatric units. I routinely collaborate with members of multidisciplinary teams (medical and palliative care) and provide nutrition education classes to patients. Additionally, I provide ongoing nutrition education programming to hospital staff, including members of the Food Service department.

Nutrition outreach and community education are aspects of my work that I feel very passionately about. Educating people, specifically children, about nutrition and health has always been of utmost importance to me. I have provided presentations to school-aged children and school staff about the importance of breakfast and making healthy snack decisions. Additionally, I have facilitated educational workshops to geriatric populations at local community senior centers. During these sessions I provided nutrition lessons and answered participants’ questions regarding dietary choices, health and wellness.

My experiences with a variety of populations and in varied settings have provided me with the skills necessary to effectively interact with many types of people. As a result of my multifaceted role at Lenox Hill Hospital, I have developed and honed invaluable, transferable skill sets. – less
Did bed side interviews with patients to determine eligibility at which point provided list of required documents
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), NY NYFebruary 28, 2014
Reviewed inpatient census and went to floors to visit uninsured patients to qualify them for medicaid. If eligible I would submit appropriate data to local DSS office.
productive, welcoming workplace environment
Shadow and Volunteer (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches. good staff nurses healthcare professionals
Cons: too many volunteers
Interventional Cardiology Department, Shadow and Volunteer New York, NY
• Observed PA’s while they take patient history, and perform various medical procedures they seemed caring and professional
• Duties in the Cardiac Cath Lab, PCU, CCU, and Same day Medical Unit
• Assist Pa’s and nurses with preparing beds, paperwork and other patient care such as – more... preparing meals good experience – less
Lenox Hill is a wonderful high risk facility to work in.
Senior OB/GYN Ultrasound Sonographer (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 20, 2014
I typically take care around 10-15 patients per day. I love giving patients the opportunity to bond with their baby. I also am happy to ease any discomfort the patient is experiencing if there was any unfortunate issue that might have been discovered with the fetus. I realy enjoy doing ultrasound.
Medical Office/File Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 31, 2014
I learned data entry. The work was a lot.
There are issues among the workers. There was no hard part.

1 2 3 4