Lenox Hill Hospital Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment
Patient Services Manager II (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Fast paced environment
Cons: Work-life balance
There was always a lot to do in a typical day. No 2 days were ever the same due to having maintain relationships with union employees, fellow managers, patients, and clients.
Hostile Envirenment
Research Study Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2015
No comments. Nothing good to mention. Hopefully things might have changed now. Too much internal politics causing the job environment very stressful.
It was a very productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), new york new yorkApril 19, 2015
very family oriented place. fun loving and very motivating place. i always felt like i was at home working with close family members. Managers were very respectful and always were there to talk to when you have a problem. They were very understanding
Comfortable work environment
Intern (Current Employee), New YorkApril 9, 2015
The entire oncology research staff is very professional, friendly and supportive of one and other. The physicians are very professional while also maintaining a comfortable work environment for their medical and administrative staff.
It is a fantastic work experience for new employees
Patient Access Admitting Registrar (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 31, 2015
Lenox Hill is one of the world's best hospital and i enjoy working here and its an excellent starter job for new employees .
I only want to grow but it is really hard to transfer and grow in this hospital. Howver the staff are wonderful and the hospital in itself is just great.
Great company
Compliance/Privacy Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 9, 2015
Great company, you have opportunities to work with a wonderful mix of people from all over the world. Hospital settings are busy environments that require patience and kindness even in the backend business office.
Family
Patient Transport (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 9, 2015
I have been at Lenox HIll for 7 years, and I cannot find the words to describe my experiences there, a typical day at work is never routinwe, what I learnt is that at the end of the day was the end of the day.
Work environment was very stressful, patient waiting , patient on the table , and patient just leaving.
Radiologic Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 1, 2015
Pros: benefits, vacation, retirement fund and just enjoying the job.
Cons: always in a rush, and feeling unappreciated for the skill of doing your job with little or no pain to the patient, while being ready to take on the next challenge almost imediately
This is one job where you hit the floor running , and it continued that way until your last 5 minutes before you finished or turned your case over to the next shift. I learned a lot about dealing with people who weren't having a great day , and their courage in assisting you position a part of their bodies that hurts them , and quite probably might be broken.the management there usually would work beside you , my coworkers were very reliable , but busy themselves. the hardest part of the job was to see others in physical pain . the most enjoyable part of the job was to see those same faces leave knowing that they were going to be alright.
Clinical experience only
Clinical Experience (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 23, 2015
This was a clinical experience as a first year student in physical therapy school. Good learning experience with variety of different patients in cardiac ICU.
Great enviromental experience
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), new york, nyJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: benefits and salary
Working at lenox hill hospital in various position allow me to learn and grow within the hospital many opportunities for advancement and cultural experience. i would recommend employment at lenox hill hospital any department
....
Practice Secretary (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Good staff and the people are genuinely fair work. Note be sure to address Doctor's by using their title. They earned it
Great location
Internship (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 9, 2015
Great location, some great doctors to work with.
Taken over by North-Shore LIJ which provides them with much needed capital. Have not been back since the merger.
love working with people
Dietary Specialist/Medical Tech (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: parking
Cons: lunch time
love the staff!!!, love working in a team, the hardest part is seeing ones you cared for pass..
Not a pleasant place to work, physician was arrogant and not caring towards patients
Front Desk/Surgical Coordinator- Temp (Former Employee), 1150 Park Avenue, New YorkDecember 14, 2014
Pros: learned a new computer program
Cons: orragant, abusive person that should not be a doctor.
I was extremely patient, and truly learned the meaning of long suffering. As you can see for yourself on Yelp reviews this physician was so demoralizing in his behavior towards patients, and employees. I have worked for so many doctors good, bad, but this doctor was extremely abusive.

I learned one thing from working with him, I learned how important it is to be a patient advocate.
Fast paced environment
Expeditor (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 10, 2014
Pros: employee acknowledgement
Cons: not much room to grow and excel
A typical day at work would consist of making sure the patients in the Emergency Room went to their testing department within a timely manner. I worked as a liason between nurses and doctors to ensure that the patients needs were met. I learned how to be a great team player, a leader, and very effecient in computer skills. The hardest part of my job was at times not having enough resources to make my job complete. The most enjoyable part of my job was the fact that I was able to help patients and their families feel comfortable,informed, and making a postive impact in regards to their experience in the emergency room.
Productive place to work. Room for growth.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 27, 2014
Pros: two break periods
Cons: one or no break, depending on how busy the unit is at the moment.
A typical day of work starts with bedside interdisciplinary rounds, and can turned into an emergency, such as a code, or a rapid response.
We at LHH work as a team.
The hardest part of my job is when we are short staff, but we make the best of it. Our managers, and assistant managers comes and help when needed. The most enjoyable part of my job is when 99% of our patients on the unit are stable and doing well.
Great place to work.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 10, 2014
Great place to work for. I learned a lot while working there.
The best place I've ever worked
Security Manager/ Fire Safety Director (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: a sure job
Cons: the pay couldv'e been better
Enjoyed the atmosphere and worked with an array of talented personnel.
Good first job out of PA school
Physician Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: long hours, 5 days a week with very low salary
I worked for a pulmonary doctor and internist. My days were split half day inpatient and half day outpatient. As a new grad I learned so much on this job. The hard part was the hours, 12-14 hours a day, 5 days a week, and I was at the low end of the pay scale for PAs at the time.
Excellent
Assistant Director/ Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 1, 2014
The benefits are awesome, support from management, excellent work environment