Lenox Hill Neighborhood House Employee Reviews

Very scary and unsettling career experience
Shelter Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2017
A typical day at work for me was avoiding the mean and unprofessional staff. Expect your coworkers to yell at you, curse you out, embarrass you in front of other staff, and be rude in general. Yes, seriously. Some staff members truly care, most are burnt out by the ridiculous schedule, unsafe work environment, and lack of support from management.

Your schedule with be completely changeable, expect to be asked to come in with less than 8 hours in between shifts, to work holidays, doubles, overtime and weekends even when you specify that you are unavailable. I have been notified of shift changes the day of.

When complaining about coworkers expect to be told to "ignore them" and learn to "be happy even when others treat you bad, because it is a sign of jealousy" and other useless platitudes. You will be asked to do a lot of the work for the upper management but will not be paid for it, even though it is not in your contract.

The best part of my job was serving an underserved community who at times really did appreciate your efforts! The worst was dealing with the absolute worst team in my career history. I am truly embarrassed to have this experience but it does fit nicely on a resume.
Pros
Free food at times, great union benefits that never came to fruition even after probation period.
Cons
Bad management. Rude Staff. No regards for staff schedules. Poor compensation comparatively.
Shelter Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2017
Agency does great work in Early Childhood Education and Senior services. Youthful environment and always looking for opportunities to provide the best services.
Relaxing workplace
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2016
Good breakfast on breakfast days, other IT colleagues were not assigned to work on the same days so there was no interaction really between us.
Coordinator of Senior and Headstart food program
Food Services Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2013
This was my ideal job. I had the privilege of working with the very you and the elderly. I was able to sharpen my management skills here by supervising union and non-union workers. The upper management was extremely supportive to my ideas to better the food programs for both the populations of which I served. I would still be employed in this job if I did not relocate to another state.
Think twice about working here, unless you are in desperate need of a job. Then take the job and constantly be in job search.
Social Services Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2013
Basically you will be a Security guard with lots of paperwork and a waitress. Leaves very little room for Social Services and real humanity.
Pros
Lots of overtime available.
Cons
Over-worked, not valued as an employee, clients are not held accountable for their actions, no opportunity for advancements and etc.
Esol
ESOL Instructor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2012
Provided high quality, interactive instruction to a diverse student body.
Prepared a weekly lesson for class and wrote brief summaries of student progress.
Interacted with diverse student body to share experiences and provide guidance where needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lenox Hill Neighborhood House. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7