LensCrafters

LensCrafters Employee Reviews

Intimate customer interaction, very professional environment.
Eye Care Advisor (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAMay 28, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, helpful co-workers, very fulfilling job.
Cons: if you dont have high sales skills, you will have trouble here.
You will be with customers for about 5-45 minutes. This was a very professional job that gives you the opportunity to help customers on a personal level. From cleaning eyewear to helping finding the right frame and lens for them depending on their prescription. It is a very fulfilling job.
Decent work, good pay, not enough hours
Lab Technician (Current Employee), St. Cloud, MNMay 27, 2015
Decent work, good pay, not enough hours, management takes advantage of power. Employees of lab are treated inferior to sales.
Fun place to work...
Assistant Lab Manager (Former Employee), Joplin MOMay 27, 2015
I learned a lot as an Assistant Manager. This was better than any class in psychology.

Management was solid, the GM was hardly around, but the Lab Manager was knowledgeable, on top pf things and a good teacher.

Co-workers, we all worked very well as a well oiled machine on busy days. We often times behaved like a family; fought and had disagreements, but it was a healthy exchange.

The hardest part- the hours getting cut. My last six months I barely worked 40 hours work week in a month.

The most enjoyable were the people- I have friends to this day. I learned a lot that I'm still using today and the hours were flexible.
loved it
Receptionist (Former Employee), Harper Woods, MIMay 27, 2015
good place to work love the people love the company would like to go back but the company move to another location if I can find them I would love to work for them.
Money over Integrity...any day.
Lead Eye-Care Advisor (Former Employee), Montclair, CAMay 22, 2015
Pros: Free eye examinations.
Cons: Working for a place that does not value an employee
Having to constantly work through breaks and scheduled lunches with no reward causes a bit of resentment in the work place. The do not pay well for the amount of work and bull you must put up with from management.

Employees were constantly being told to force-sell products that were unnecessary and were often dishonest with patrons.
Its alright
lab technician (Current Employee), Aurora, ILMay 20, 2015
Long days, can be boring sometimes busy. Paperwork in mornings and night and creating eye wear throughout the day. Management often picks favorites. Good people that you work with, often many have been there for long periods of time.
Good place to work, with a lot to learn
Certified Lab Technician (Current Employee), Riverside, CAMay 20, 2015
I came into the job with no knowledge of anything to do with optics. I learned from my coworkers who've been with the company for 10 plus years. Theres always more to learn but once you get the jist of how to do the job in the lab, you're kind of stuck. Theres no opportunity to grow.
My coworkers are great, everyone seems happy and like what they do, but a lot of people are leaving due to hours being cut. I'm sure if management would give more hours and let people live comfortably the employees would stay.
Pay is decent but not anything special.
fascinating to learn about eye sight and correction.
Eyewear Consultant (Current Employee), Fairless Hills, PAMay 13, 2015
Pros: discounted glasses, commission.
Cons: only part time
A typical day at work is exciting because the eye and correction of eye sight is fascinating. Not to mention the fact that the management and my co-workers are and absolute delight to work with. The hardest part of the job is making the perfect "Acufit-measurement" for the customers with a progressive lens. The most enjoyable part is when a patient puts on their new glasses for the first time and says "WOW, I can see again"
Not a good place to work
Sales/Marketing/Reception (Former Employee), Buford, GAMay 5, 2015
The managment was not welcoming. Everyday felt like a day that they were trying to push me away and not give me the help or support I wanted
High Pressure, High turnover
General Manager/Lab Manager (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 4, 2015
Pros: Benefits for Long-time employees
Cons: No guarantee of hours, different every schedule
Customer service was claimed to be priority, yet lack of allowed man hours vs need was unreasonable.
Schedule could change at a days notice, based off of current trend in sales. Hours set by corporate and unrealistic for customer care and quality of interactions. Employee benefits are accrued, so longer tenure gives you better benefits. Job culture is competitive because of scheduling methods. Hours can be given/taken based off of personal preferences
Great place to work part-time
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIApril 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible Schedule
Cons: Poor Management
At my store they are very understanding about school schedules. The management could be better by doing more and being more engaged. I don't see much room for advancement and the pay isn't outstanding.
Optical Retail Sales
Lab Manager/Optician (Former Employee), Vienna, WVApril 26, 2015
Pros: Customer service, technical lab environment
Cons: Retail hours, low pay
Most days were spent working with customers in choosing glasses. Also, managed production of glasses in optical lab. Responsible for managing staff, equipment maintenance, inventory control, monthly paperwork and analysis, etc. Learned how to manage staff and to work with customers to handle issues, questions, problems.
It was a great work environment.
Eyewear Consultant (Former Employee), Attleboro, MAApril 24, 2015
Pros: metting new people.
Cons: Dealing with difficult customers and people who were trying to steal.
A typical day at work would usually start at 9am. We would come in count the draw and get the day started. There were usually 2 workers on duty with 1 manager. The best part of the job was interacting with customers and helping to style them. The hardest part of the job was learning about lenses so we could let the customer know which lens option would be best for their prescriptions. The managers and supervisors were very friendly and helpful.
Daily
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Hurst, TXApril 13, 2015
Customer service, managing a team environment, monitoring goals and developing plans to help meet future goals, ad set, and optic training.
 Maintain store to company standards
 Lead the associates on good sales practices
 Train to company standards and exceed to increase associate performance
 Develop training paths for potential associates
 Handle customer satisfaction standards to ensure customer retainability
 Floor lead with key holding responsibilities
 Creating a customer service environment
ENJOYED WORKING WITH PATIENTS SELLING GLASSES
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: LOVED EVERYTHING, AND THE EMPLOYEE'S
Cons: PERSONAL
GOT TO READ RX FOR GLASSES,CONTACTS,SOLD GLASSES AND CONTACTS,AND ACCESSORIES.WENT ON A MISSION FOR THE GIFT OF SIGHT PROGRAM,TO THAILAND IN THE YEAR OF 2005.
Eye doctor
Eye care tech (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILApril 5, 2015
The hardest part of this job was learning the material. Selling eye glasses and meeting my mark was ok. 9 to 5 was my regular schedule thats what i liked most.
great locations
Eyewear Consultant (Former Employee), Sun Valley, CAApril 1, 2015
Pros: a free pair of glasses every year
Cons: have to get licensing
i learned alot of medical terms for the eyes. co workers were fun but ruthless when it came to there sales. hardest part about the job was compensation.
working for dunces
Optician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 31, 2015
Pros: colleagues
Cons: management plagued with ignorance.
Too many management very top heavy with individuals only interested in pleasing corporate board. Employees and customers come last. They do not welcome ideas from subordinates goal minded with wrong goals, numbers any way you can get them. The fellow associates are usually great and comerodery among them is the best part of job. The hardest part is working for people of inferior intelligence.
Productive and sometimes high stress admosphere
Eye care Supervisor/Optician (Current Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 30, 2015
LC is a great place to work for the college student because of the flexible hours of operation, sometimes the volume or the store can be overwhelming and stressful but overall a great place to work.
great experience
Licensed Optician, Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Franklin, TNMarch 28, 2015
Pros: ins benefits
Cons: short breaks, and always on call if someone called in sick
Would have loved a set schedule. Retail hours. Great experience from licenesed opticians. Regular customers coming back in year after year you start to grow a relationship.

1 2 3 4 5

About LensCrafters

LensCrafters brings eyewear and malls together. Part of the growing retail arm ( Luxottica Retail) of Italy's Luxottica Group, – Read more

LensCrafters Salaries