Leo Burnett Employee Reviews

Fun place to start out
Personal assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 30, 2016
Fun, youthful place to start your career at and learn some valuable lessons from a historic agency. Strong benefit packages and down to earth management are two perks of working for Leo Burnett.
An Agency Lifer POV
Account Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2016
It is an agency. Go in knowing what you are getting into and anything after that is icing on the cake if you remain realistic.

Leo Burnett is one of the better ones. Work hard to be seen, identify mentors to support your career goals and you will do well.
Pros
Large agency with a relatively good reputation
Cons
Its an agency
work culture
Accounts Payable/ Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2016
Very large company, not a huge turnover rate. The work become not challenging. I enjoyed working indeondetkly. I was a temp there and I noticed not a huge turnover rate
Great People
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2016
Love working here but I"m looking for something with more career advancement and opportunity. It's hard to express your real goals and be heard here.
High profile place to work with some good accounts to work on.
Associate Creative Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 29, 2016
Good people by enlarge. Very competitive place but decent salaries. Good accounts to work on for career advancement if you put your nose to the grindstone.
Excellent Company Culture
Purchasing Analyst Temp (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 30, 2015
I worked with a very friendly and accountable staff. Coming to work was a pleasure. I wasn't there long, contract position, but it was my favorite place of employment to date.
Day in review
Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2015
Leo Burnett is a great company to work for. They need to try to get on top of things when it comes to workflow and processes. They just went through a conversion and there are still a lot of issues with the new system causing issues when it comes to billing, pay bill and normal day to day activities. As most conversion you see there is always issues, but they really need to step the resolution process of they could start loosing money on the bottom line. I am very happy there and I hoping to be converted to full-time soon.
Great culture.
Senior Copywriter (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 16, 2015
Fun work environment - lots of parties and events. Creativity is nurtured and big ideas are championed. Management seems to be in touch with whats going on in the trenches. Good work/life balance.
Great Company Poor Management
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2015
Lack of work load for certain positions while others are swamped. What a waste of my MBA. It's time to start looking again. The company itself is great and there are many perks, but if you're on the wrong team, you will dread the work that you do here.
Pros
Lot of time off including summer days; parties;
Cons
Lack of work; poor management
Sr. Accountant (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoJuly 17, 2015
Una agencia de publicidad internacional muy reconocida internacionalmente. El día a día tenía que trabajar con los reportes contables y las fechas límites para trabjar con el cierre mensual. Además, trajaba también parte de recursos humanos, nómina, beneficios, etc.
Fue una experiencia gratificante porque más que un trabajo esto era como estar con una familia.
Pros
La familiaridad
Cons
Ninguno
Amazing talent
Account Supervisor, Freelance (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2015
People are warm and talented, but competitive. Everyone in Chicago wants to work there. The benefits are really great too.
Poor compensation
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2015
Leo Burnett does not fairly compensate their employees. The environment is fun with lots of tradition and activities, however once I decided to leave and realized my true market value I'd been underpaid for several years.
Professional and serious company 25 yrs working with them. Best place to work.
Assistant Media Director, Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRSeptember 11, 2014
I feel very happy to have work for this gorgeous company, 25 yrs working, and a very pleasant place.

Co-workers excellent, I didnt have any hard time while working there, Every day that passes I missed my days a Leo Burnett.
Pros
good bonus at christmas, good conditons of working, everything was good.
Cons
nothing
Good company to work for learned a lot in the 10 years I was there.
McD-Client Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  ChicagoMarch 28, 2013
The company was a great place to the people i worked with were great. I learned alot about billing processes. I got more in depth education on excel. My communication with my clients was good. The hardest part of the job was the consant change in managment.
A typical day
Production manager (Former Employee) –  The Leo Burnett buildingDecember 17, 2012
A typical day at work would be a high pressure environment with an eye on excellence. I worked in the best studio in the US with pride in production producing the best files for our clients.
Pros
having anheuser busch as a client after 5pm the beer cart would make the rounds!
Cons
starting on a monday knowing i had to have 165 ads for at&t done, proofread, checked by creatives and out the door by the next monday....whew!
Work hard, play hard atmosphere. Good values and culture, great people.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2012
I love working at Leo Burnett. You get the opportunity to work with quality people in an interesting and engaging environment. They value their employees and want to make everyone feel a part of the team.
Pros
laid back environment, yet fast paced and exciting, health benefits
Cons
compensation
Fun and challenging place to work
Program Director/Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2012
Great co-workers but not a lot of digital work. Additionally a high level of turnover and a lack of growth opportunities.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lack of work/life balance, not a lot of upward growth
A great learning experience with friendly and professional people
Account Coordinator Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2012
I learned about account management and account planning. It was a great experience for me to learn about all aspects of an agency, while also getting full exposure to clients interactions.
Challenging yet life rewarding first professional experience.
Junior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 24, 2012
I worked for three years at Leo Burnett in their San Juan office. I learned something new everyday. It was professional bootcamp and it proved that old saying that supposedly, everything you learn in college is rubbish. Working in the field is the real deal. And Leo Burnett was it. I would recommend working for this company in a heartbeat.
Professional workplace
Student/Practice Internship (Former Employee) –  Hato ReyJuly 1, 2012
Wonderful experience that allowed me to learn how a big agency works. Typical day was checking emails and making sure deadlines were being followed and everything was in order.