Leprino Foods Employee Reviews

No Ethics, Work Hours Inconsistent, No Appreciation
Production/Processing Worker (Former Employee) –  Allendale, MIJune 20, 2017
Food manufacturing plant with little down-time but high sanitation expecations, so always a stressful environment. No job security. A lot of the workers try to do the minimum and are not held accountable. Management has poor ethics, whatever it takes to get product out the door, including marketing product as "Kosher" when it really wasn't (deceiving a rabbi in the process). Customers have specifications for their cheese products, but there are ways to circumvent these specs and you can bet it is done (seen it first-hand).

Workers are encouraged to work safely, but policies are applied as management sees fit. If you are a friend to management personnel, a worker in a valued position, chances are pretty good you'll be treated differently. But you could also get walked out the door at a moment's notice, even if you accidentally forgot a safety procedure.
Benefits
Cons
Hours inconsistent, low morale, poor ethics, highly stressful environment
Great Company!
Sr Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 9, 2017
Very supportive, forward-looking company that has some very interesting initiatives including international expansion, great health benefits that truly cares about employees
Life is to short to be living at work
whey operator (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 29, 2017
This company will burn you out real fast unless your a work alcoholic. If you have kids or a family ordinated this is not the place for you . You will hardly see your kids and work all the holidays and if your low in senority you can be forced to work on your scheduled day off or stay over. They can also schedule you 12 hr shifts if needed regardless if you have a set scheduled. No paid vacation until your first year you don't get 100% pay until 2 yrs. Now I know why people call in a lot and go off on some kind of leave.
Pros
Double time pay if you work on your day off
Cons
Not enough weekends off, work on Holidays, forced to work on days off
High stress environment
Processor (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMMay 25, 2017
This is a physically demanding place to work. I often worked overtime on a daily basis and breaks were not always given. The company was often short staffed and there wasn't good employee morale there.
fun and nice place
Vat Mixer and Operator (Former Employee) –  Remus, MI 49340May 17, 2017
Not a bad job management changes a lot can be stressful but overall like to work their awesome opportunity for anyone good place to learn a lot would recommended
Very productive
Whey Bagger (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMMay 1, 2017
Pay is well, the work is not hard either, this job is more for a single person seeing they make you work more than 40. Good job advancement for college students.
Pros
paid well, good benefits, guaranteed hours
Cons
if family man, you will not see family, you will be either working or sleeping, some of the employment are racially divided
Challenging place to work, long hours but goes by quickly.
Plant Planner/ Scheduling Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMApril 30, 2017
This is a good company to work for but it will take a lot of your time. Benefits are ok. I have had better. One of the safest companies to work for.
Pros
Solid company that sets ambitious goals.
Cons
Long work hours. Very demanding goals.
High paced environment 24/7 manufacturing with good pay but poor life,work balance
RELIEF FOREMAN (Current Employee) –  Allendale, MIApril 25, 2017
Pay is good along with benefits however schedule and management will defer others from a happy life here. Management has favorites and work hard to place these folks in their desired positions regardless of any other factors.
Work/Life balance is tough.
Pros
pay
Cons
work/life balance
Poor management
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMApril 24, 2017
Terrible management, the people tasked with making sure that the production is done which are the foremans and supervisors are terrible, they do not know their job and are always nowher to be found when an issue arises.

Currently the work hours to required break and lunch times are geared to benefit the company.
Cons
Worst management
Productive and Greatest place to work
Whey Foreman (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMApril 19, 2017
This was the greatest place to work. The job is very productive and fast pace. Management is great and very supportive. I would recommend to work here. Paid is good and benefit with best 401k plan.
Pros
great break room, friendly
Cons
hot
Not very flexible on choice of hours or shift, Being constantly watched on camera.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAApril 13, 2017
Dependent on position, day to day work rotates or remains repetitive or the same.
I learned to operate several machinery during my time there.
Management is constantly watching you on cameras all the time and you get questioned for more than 1 to 2 bathroom uses, being away from work space too long or talking while working. The hardest part about the job is being constantly watched. The most enjoyable part of the job is the pay.
Pros
pay, double time on overtime hours in certain cases
Cons
flexability, being watched all the time
Fun work place
Sanitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Waverly, NYMarch 26, 2017
I worked there for a long time, and enjoyed it very much. I loved working 3rd shift. I enjoyed tearing down the equipment, cleaning the equipment, and putting it all back together again. Awesome people to work with.
Pros
Great work experience.
Competitive manufacturing company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lemoore, CAFebruary 25, 2017
Fast paced environment, management team has high standards of excellence daily. Company goal is to be the most profitable and efficient.Growth opportunities provided to a few that have been selected. Provide daily challenges for individuals that choose to be proactive.
Pros
Daily challenges
Cons
Workplace culture and management needs improvement
Good place to work. Pays well
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Lemoore, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Good place to work. It has its days where its tough but it is always manageable. I have a good team of mechanics and I appreciate there hard work. My supervisors are cool and respect my opinion.
good pay
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Allendale, MIFebruary 14, 2017
they pay really well for most positions because it isnt a desirable place to work. people dont matter, just get cheese out the door
People are difficult to work with.
Maintenance Mechanic Technician (Former Employee) –  Remus, MIFebruary 10, 2017
There is not any acknowledgement for doing a good job. The employees have an attitude of entitlement. Management does not care about employees as people with families.
Pros
Retirement benefits
Just don't do it
Relief operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COJanuary 25, 2017
The managers and floormen don't care about your health poor training will write you up for stuff you asked for training on but never got say u missed work but u were at work it's like high school but only in ever bad way
Pros
Just pay
Cons
Everything else
Great pay
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 24, 2017
You need to be a favorite to get ahead. The pay is great and the health benefits are awesome. If you stick to yourself it is better. Promotions are great to move on. The absence policy is harsh. The call in requirements are ridiculous having to hunt down a supervisor and you need to explain your situation to the T. If not you will be written up for a no call no show which is ridiculous even though you called in.
Cons
Favoritism is key to get ahead
Leprino Foods
Freezer Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COJanuary 23, 2017
I really enjoyed my job it was a challenge! It was very physical and it was fast paced. It had me on my toes and my mind always thinking of how to better my job. I moved from train cleaner to a operator within a couple of months. The hardest part was always making sure that the prop was made to spray on the cheese and that you had enough. Physical I loved that cause it made me push myself to be better. There were times it was hard to depend on other workers who would relieve you from break to relieve one but I kept working until the showed up never left until I knew it was going to be covered. I enjoyed the fact I could do my job and not had to depend on others and that I would be called to work overtime cause they believed that I could.
Pros
You had to know what you were doing at all times
Cons
Sometimes things would not go right but you made it happen
Horrible place if you have a family
Sanitation technician (Former Employee) –  Allendale, MIJanuary 13, 2017
They pay very well, but the expect that you work life is first period. Stay late with no notice, without even the oportunity to notify your family. Absolutely no reason to miss work without penalty. Get your schedule for Sunday on Saturday.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leprino Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6