Leprino Foods

Leprino Foods Employee Reviews

Loved My Job
Whey Processing Supervisor (Former Employee), Lemoore, CAJune 29, 2015
Overall great place to work, my ratings are based on personal issues with certain people. I would highly recommend trying to get on here. It is a solid company and is a good long term job to get into.
Fun and kept you busy with production
Production Worker (Former Employee), Roswell, NMMay 21, 2015
Pros: Good benefits and great pay.
Cons: Poor management.
My co-workers were friendly and fun to work with. I learned how to use sealer, cutter, and ticket operator. The best part of the job was that time would go by fast.
good work place, very clean
palletizer operator (Current Employee), Roswell NMApril 29, 2015
paying attention is very important. There is a lot of heavy machinery that is dangerous son it is very important that the crew members watch out for each other. I run my own machine so I stand in a room by myself. I am the palletizer operator so I am in charge of making sure the boxes are stacked correctly and the right amount is applied. the hardest part would be making sure everything is locked out correctly if i must get on the machine and fix it. I enjoy the job because there is never a dull moment.
Food Industry
General Operator (Former Employee), Waverly, NYMarch 31, 2015
Working for a company that produces food products is not for everyone. The work schedule is not family friendly and weekends off are limited. The pay is competitive and they offer decent benefits.
A very tight ship and efficient
ENGINEERING INTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Allendale, MIMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Encouraged co-worker participation in outside activities
Cons: Created some resentment to upper management
A leader in dairy products and run with utmost efficiency provided a great chance to learn. I had a chance to focus on safety which is a major part in everyday manufacturing life and the bottom line.
Good facility with a group of great pros to work with and down to earth managers
maintenance engineer (Former Employee), Norfolk, NEMarch 6, 2015
Pros: ongoing training of new systems and tooling upgradeing
Cons: working in high temp environments one moment and they next freezing cold and wet.
My typical day consisted of 2 scheduled rounds of the area I serviced writing down and keeping track of all service logs. Performing scheduled maintenance of equipment and the facility. Doing necessary repairs that were scheduled by the supervisor. Repairing pumps, motors and building fixtures, repairing valves and welding new adapters to existing stainless plumbing systems.
I learned how to repair many types of equipment and especially how to weld food grade stainless.
Management was very good, our division manager had started at the bottom and worked his way up and new what made this plant click and so he taught us and trained us the way it worked the best, example.
My co-workers were good men like with any plant environment they had their complaints but overall they were content.
The hardest part of the job was the rotating schedule and getting caught up on sleep. Plus not much of a family life.
Working in the machine shop fabricating and then doing mockups and confirming that they work as planned.
average work place.
Maintenance Electrician/Mechanic (Former Employee), Roswell, NMMarch 5, 2015
Pros: corporate insentive pay
Preventive maintenance for area assigned to me. Answer emergency calls thru out the night that may involve from electrical, Conveyor, pump problems, photo eyes or prox switches to literally hundreds of problems.
Decent
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Lemoore, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: upper management needs adjustments. real strict
Pay is good, Benefits excellent. Some upper management problems. Extremely strict. Some drama in certain departments. If you can handle all of that its a pretty good place to work.
productive
packager (Former Employee), Greeley, COFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: health care
Cons: very short lunches
hard rotating 12 hour shifts managment did not seem to want to know what was going on in the work place and employees seemed entitled to some of the things they where doing
Best paying job in the area of my home town.
Night Sanitation Worker (Former Employee), Hartington, NEFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: co-workes, injuries and being wet.
The night sanitations workers, broke down the equipment, and cleaned and sanitized everything after production, hours. All areas where broke down to different jobs, you always had a different area every night. That was because everyone cleans differently so things wouldn't get any build up and everyone would learn how to clean all the equipment. I learned how strong I was, and how much I could endure from my co-workers before giving up. There was a problem with clicks at this work place and it was an everyday occurrence, very difficult to deal with and management was nice but did not have control over the situation With the exception of the of the one particular click, each individual person had many wonderful traits and I learned a lot from them. The hardest part of the job was, the daily issues with co-workers and injuries. the best part of the job was being completely able to provide for my family on my own.
Great pay but is it worth it?
QE Lab Technician (Current Employee), Roswell, NMFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: great benefits... good pay
Cons: bad management, poor attendance policies, horrible staffing
The company as a whole is great... but they don't realize that over working employees is detrimental to quality and safety. They internal job bidding is more about who likes who rather than who is best qualified.
So when hired in, you are limited to the possibility of actually bidding out or career advancement, because if you don't know people or have friends in the plant, you won't

They have excellent benefits and good pay, but honestly working 12 hour shifts 3 days and then off a day to come back and work 2 more leaves very little family time!

And the fact that there are so many people that fall into little groups, clicks, or gangs.... they get to where they bully others and make the job unbearable.
Whey Supervisor (Current Employee), Lemoore, CAFebruary 1, 2015
Learned leadership
Flexibility
Ability to work all shifts.
Learned Sanitation, Production.
Troubleshooting machines. Learned about Bacteria control.
I have my pasteurizers license.
Production scheduling, Changing production schedules on the fly.
Poor Management
Production/machine Operator (Former Employee), !st Greeley CoJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: good pay benefits
Cons: vert poor management
I loved the work, and most of the employees! I was very fortunate we had a great crue.
Difficult environment
QM Associate Scientist- Quality Management Analyst (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: ?
Cons: work/life balance, culture
Difficult culture, no work/life balance, little room for advancement
good benefits and 401k
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Lemoore, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Great people to work with. company is big that there is room for growth. every day is a new learning experience in how milk is being processed into cheese etc....
Poor treatment of production supervisors
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Lemoore, CADecember 30, 2014
Pros: good employees. good pay
Cons: terrible culture and environment
i worked as a production supervisor on one of the the cheese lines at Lemoore West. I have seen supervisors and managers that treat people very bad actually win the highest possible award that Leprino has. So by Leprino rewarding these type of individuals the message that is sent out to the management team is that if you treat people like these individuals do you also will be rewarded. In general it is a terrible place to work. At least once or twice a month you will be required to attend a meeting and it usually falls on one of your days off.
Productive yet Stressful job
Quality Lab Technician (Current Employee), Remus,MiDecember 9, 2014
Pros: profit sharing, 401k matching, paid vacations, good pay, free uniforms
Cons: short breaks, extreme temperatures(cold and hot), work holidays and weekends
Lots of overtime(forced and volunteered.) and work holidays. excellent pay for the area with no college required. excellent benefits.Poor management in production area but good Management on Quality Control side. Very fast paced and high stress job.
learning stepping stone
Assistant Chief Engineer (Former Employee), Newman, CANovember 19, 2014
I learned how to work on manufacturing equipment of milk products.
Productive, secure, But PLEASE don't bother
Skilled operator (Former Employee), Waverly, NYOctober 16, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: terrible management no consideration for employees or their families. micromanagement, bad morale
This company pays well and that is about it. Cheese and whey dpts are micromanaged to a severe extent. Management doesn't care about its employees at least in Waverly, money doesn't mean much when your treated like.... Well you know. Their corporate offices have no idea how Waverly runs their facility. If you are going take any advice please take this if not take it into serious consideration.
Oh yea the benefits are garbage to put it bluntly.
Have you ever felt like you had to choose between your family and your job?
Leprino foods will your just a body!
Don't even apply if want to be treated fairly and with dignity
management (Current Employee), waverly, nyAugust 18, 2014
Pros: get paid
Cons: everything else
I have worked here for a while in a management position and have not be treated very well. These people do not care about their employees and forcing their management to work long hours which could be covered without overtime. No consideration for others only what is good for their own personal and professional gain. I like the work I do and the people who report to me but the people that run this facility are top notch idiots with NO people skills. You may think it's great at the beginning but it gets worse with each passing day.

1 2 3 4

About Leprino Foods

A titan of cheese, Leprino Foods is a worldwide leader in mozzarella-making. The company sells its soft cream-colored cheese to – Read more

Leprino Foods Salaries