Les Schwab Employee Reviews in United States

Met Lots of people that i will have relationships with for along time
Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMay 1, 2016
I learned new things everyday working for this company. my co workers were great. The hardest part about this job was taking directions for two people with different opinions.
Pros
New relationships
Cons
managment
Great Company
Sales and Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Arlington, WAFebruary 18, 2016
Very good excellent customer service, and great people friendly place. Training on the job, and great place to learn how to dismantle tires and wheels.
Pros
great work environment
Great work atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Benton City, WAFebruary 14, 2016
Loved working there, great coworkers along with a great manager. I learned how to give great customer service on the highest level possible.
It's fun
Sales and Service (Current Employee) –  American Falls, IDFebruary 12, 2016
Everyone in the store is friendly including the customers. I'm learning about sales. Management is awesome. My co-workers showed me a lot. The most enjoyable part is learning new things.
Very efficient work environment.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTFebruary 9, 2016
Les Shwab only kept the best of the employees there. I left when I decided to try joining the US Armed Forces. Les Shwab was a very strait forward job and I really enjoyed my time working there. They didn't ask for more than what was possible and they always kept things very professional. Things were tidy for the most part and everything was arranged to provide efficiency.
up tight
Intern (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAJanuary 25, 2016
I like working there and it was a ok job but they were not able to make jokes and have fun at work what is the point of working if you cant joke around every once in a while
Not a good job.
Bookkeeper/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kuna, IDJanuary 22, 2016
This job put me into a depression. The managers were so rude and spent their whole day trying to fire me when I did nothing wrong. Just don't do it... they are definitely salesmen. They will act like the best people in the world and go behind your back. Just don't do it.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Horrible co-workers, hours will get cut, layoffs every spring
This company is a good place to work, it met my expectations.
Laborer/Final Inspection (Former Employee) –  Prineville, ORJanuary 12, 2016
In a typical work day, I would stack and inspect semi truck and trailer tires. I learned how to be a team player, and how to meet quotas. Management was overall knowledgeable in being able to teach staff the job. My co-workers were helpful, interesting and pleasant to work with. The hardest part of my job was dealing with times that were slow and when we would be sent home due to lack of work, The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work with others as a team to accomplish the nights tasks.
Pros
company supplied shirts and coveralls
Cons
slow times, having to work in freezing weather conditions
Productive safe and fun eviorment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDDecember 22, 2015
A typical day at work was on our feet constantly moving around, attending the needs of our customer. I learned many applicable skills that I didn't know before jumping onboard the Les Schwab team. Management was great we where all like one big family. My co-workers were great hard working people who were very helpful in my time of need. The hardest part of my job was learning how to attend the customers need while working at a fast pace. Overall this company was great I learned a lot not only in my field of work but, life appreciable skills. I enjoyed this job, we were more than co-workers we were a family.
Very Active Job
Sales and Service (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 8, 2015
Management and employees are like a second family. Customer service is the best, I love working here, but its very demanding physically.
Productive fun work place, feels like family
Sales & service tech (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WADecember 6, 2015
i worked here for 3 years and enjoyed everyday of it. feels like a family. always busy and doing something able to climb the ladder fast depending on work ethic.
Pros
good breaks good pay many skills to be learned
hardwork
tire factory (Former Employee) –  Valley, WANovember 9, 2015
working at the tire factory was one of the hardest jobs i have had. typically i would get to work early mornings at 3 then work tell 3 in the afternoon so 12 hour days.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks
Fun work environment
Tire Tech. (Former Employee) –  Tumwater, WASeptember 30, 2015
At the Les Schwab Tire Co. I worked as a Tire Maintenance Tech. and Tire Installer. I would start at 9 and work all day patching flat tires, installing brand new and used tires, selling tires, stocking tires. etc.
Pros
Hard work required, fun environment
Cons
Extremely tiring.
Fast pace rushed environment
Lube tech/ Tire tech (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVSeptember 22, 2015
An ok place to work with not much thought of employees or what is going on in the shop or front but work gets done and most of the time correctly.
Fast past, hard work, and satisfaction of helping others.
Sales and Services (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDSeptember 17, 2015
when you come into work, you start by putting on your uniform. you clock in and get right to work. Selling and servicing tires, brakes, shocks, and front end parts. The managers are kind, easy going, and fair. The hardest part of the job, would be keeping up with the schedule and staying clean. Most enjoyable part is when a customer is surprised on how fast you took care of them.
Pros
vacation, retirement, and health benefits.
Cons
Getting dirty, long hours, and exhaustion.
productive and fun workplace
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Quincy, CASeptember 4, 2015
Everybody always had a great attitude and was willing to help eachother out at all times. Always looked forward to going to work because of what i did and we always had fun while also completing our assignments.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
slow business cause of small town
Not only did I work there I was a customer first
Sales And Administration (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAAugust 24, 2015
Fun work place, very busy but good work ethics by all employees. Employees worked as if they owned that store, Great wages, great benefits, good 401k package. Full time was easy to obtain can do part time as well. Management was easy to work alongside of,Good work schedules, closed Sundays. Great end of year/holiday party. good break and meal periods. This was a wonderful company to be employed by. Not only did I work there I was a customer first and still am today.
Pros
Ethics, benefits, 401K, good wages
Productive fun workplace
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Gardnerville, NVAugust 21, 2015
I would start at nine every morning Monday through Friday and would work on over twenty different cars daily. Each of these cars would come with a customer, each having different needs and wants. For the most part everyone worked well with each other.
Pros
Helping the local community, long lunch breaks, fun and productive enviorment
hard work and long days
Sales and service (Former Employee) –  Smokey pointe, WAAugust 14, 2015
day started early, with a small team of employees all whom had been in the company for over 10 years.
hard work with no breaks. happy to learn how to install a tire and battery.
it's a fun place.
Sales Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAAugust 11, 2015
a typical day at work is changing customers tires/brakes.

I learned how to quote people tires.

the management is ok.

the co-workers were easy to get along with.

the hardest part of my job was trying to get the tractor tires of the rim.

the most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people.
Pros
That I got inexpensive tires and wheels.
Cons
that i had to work late.