Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) – Memphis, TN – April 14, 2016
Its good hours great pay. But they take sides like that's not a job you get prosecuted if you ain't on they side. Only thing you are doing is making barstools nailing glueing down your arms will be sore.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) – Bolingbrook, IL – January 5, 2016
Something I learned here at this job was how to work better with co-workers. Also was to locate coordinates and product in the warehouse. The most enjoyable part of this job was how the supervisor treated the employees.
DC Manager (Current Employee) – Strongsville, OH – November 26, 2015
I will say it's one of the only companies that I have worked for that actually adheres to its core values. Great communication and support from executive management. It's nice to see a company value it's employees the way lesaint does. I would highly recommend employment with them.
great team support, good benefits and pay, worth finding out for yourself
Any negative can become a positive, the choice is how you handle it
Director Client Solutions (Former Employee) – Romeoville, IL – September 22, 2014
Company was more interested in hiring consultants then provide sales with necessary marketing info and training. Management was interested in working with larger customers only and not smaller clients. were not interested in growing business with the smaller companies only working with large. closed down transportation group and close parts of warehouses without any early warning to customers or sales force.
Payroll / Benefit Coordinator (Former Employee) – Romeoville, IL – January 31, 2014
Working as a payroll and benefits coordinator for three (3) companies in the HR department, everyone makes themselves available to talk to and communicates their needs and wants. When a crisis arises, it is met with a calm demeanor all the while working quickly to resolve any issues. Management works with all employees which creates a comfortable open door policy.
A typical day at work for me was to pick orders with pick ticket and pallet jack. I have learned how to use a RF gun along with running bills of lading. Management would always have pre shift meetings every morning before our shift would begin. I get along with all my co-workers, we all worked together as a team and if one would finish before others we would call out to see if anybody in the warehouse needed help finishing a order. Our busy season between September 1st. through December 31st, we would work up to 60 hours a week. The most enjoyable part of my job was the fact that I have meet new friends and we have had lots of laughs.
My overall impression of my 4 years at LeSaint is negative. There are many issues that need to be addressed with this company.
- The management for the Trenton warehouse is completely incompetent. Managed to lose their biggest contract supplying cans to Miller Brewery mostly due to managements unwillingness/inability to change their work procedures to meet the customer's expectations. This lead the customer to not renew their contract that LeSaint had with them for over 20 years, resulting in over 2/3 of the employees there being laid off.
- Many times I felt that management was either in too far over their heads or completely indifferent to what was going on around them.
- Pay was ok, but not great. The company froze pay raises for over 3 years, and only began to give them out after we unionized.
- Unstable work schedule. Forced to sign up for 4 hour blocks of overtime before or after your regular shift, and often called in with only minimal notice. Weekly hours were either feast or famine: one week you'd only get 20-30 hours, only to get blown away by mandatory OT for 50+ hours the next week. No stability at all.
- Frequently disregarded procedures and work agreements agreed to in our union contract. UAW filed numerous complaints against them during my time there that I know of.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) – Trenton, OH – February 21, 2013
ok place to work management is a joke and does not know how to run anything Ive worked there almost a year and they are laying off 46 ppl due to poor management and losing a big account for miller bewery. pay is ok should be making alot more for what you do base pay starts 11hr for warehouse and 9hr for office plus shift def. Don't apply not a stable company to work for would hate to see some one get laidoff like we are now.