Lesley University Employee Review

View all Lesley University reviews

The Office of Multicultural Student Services is customer service-oriented in a busy college campus. It requires me to juggle multiple tasks.
Multicultural Student Life Services (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 1, 2013
• Work with other Division offices/departments to coordinate programming that increases knowledge and awareness of issues that impact ethnic and international students. Work with departments to provide a welcoming and inclusive environment for students.
• Assist ethnic and international students in accessing campus academic and other support resources to succeed their academic journey. Member of search committee in hiring staff for Student Life and Academic Development.
• Serve on Lesley University Diversity Council as Chair of Events and Celebrations related to students and campus community. Advice student clubs and organizations that are diversity focused. Encourage co-sponsorship and collaboration of programs and oversee student participation.
• Design and create marketing material to encourage students and campus community to participate in various multicultural events.
• Mentor intern in the Office of Multicultural Student Services.
• Design Mentoring Pilot Program to mentor undergraduate and graduate students of color.
• Review student and professional performers and negotiate contracts. Create positive relationships with community members to support these programs.
• Plan and budget yearly programs for Office of Multicultural Student Services.
• Work to insure that all full-time students comply with Massachusetts State Law show proof of immunizations, communication with students and academic departments.
• Submit yearly immunization compliance report to State of Massachusetts.
Pros
Collaboration, creativity, event planning and use my business skills in various applications.
Cons
No advancement

Other Lesley University Employee Reviews

Hazing, harassment, bullying, sabotage
Professor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 20, 2017
Faculty of color treated very badly at this university. Integrity of the program is questionable. Disorganization is on all levels. Takes a certain level of dysfunction to work here.
Pre-College Program
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 6, 2017
I taught at the Pre-College Program as an Animation Teacher. Overall it was fine, I was the ring leader of my class and ran it as I saw fit. At the time the school was going through a transitional period, so I didn't have anyone reliable to contact about any sort of problems I encountered, and as a result my students and myself suffered.