Lesley University Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Managerial Education
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  E Longmeadow, MAJuly 31, 2016
This was a position where I was the middle man between the campus and the site in Western Mass. I was responsible for contacting professors to make sure that the facilities were ready and set for their weekends of class. I also lead the students through the application process and any questions that they may have throughout their program.
My department was very productive, good working environment.
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 30, 2016
The University respected my department.
My department head and co-workers were very knowledgeable and would always help when needed.
It was a very flexible work environment.
Enjoyable
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 12, 2016
8am my shift starts i look my email when i get to my site then do a complete building tours.At 1pm i take my lunch at 2 i do another tour 4pm i leave the site
Fast Paced Environment with Heavy Work Volume
Student Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 4, 2015
Heavy work volume and fast paced environment for a small team of 5 people working directly with student accounts and financial aid. There is always more than enough work to get done during the day with very little down time, if any. Hour lunches help break up the day and are well needed with the amount of volume the team experiences.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
35 hours per week with no ot
Great School
Peer Adviser (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 8, 2013
I have been involved in various activities at Lesley University. I worked as a club president, a student admissions ambassador and a student peer adviser all on a volunteer basis. It has been a very rewarding experience. I also held a work study job at Lesley University in the advancement office.
Pros
great experience
Cons
primarily volunteer work
Good Experience
Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 7, 2015
Working at Lesley University was great experience for me. I learned about meshing with my coworkers and working as a team.
Assignments
National Adjunct Instructor, Curriculum Developer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 5, 2013
* Determine curriculum and instruction needed to teach each assigned course
* Evaluated students engagement and application of learning
* Determined and planned trainings to meet standards for Master's programs
* Trainings: Face-2-Face; hybrid; online
Pros
great classes and enjoyable assignments, continued personal leaning
Cons
not able to continue due to restructure of courses being taught by on-campus faculty only
Laboratory Experience with Soil Samples
Somerville Soil Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 21, 2014
With a group of three fellow students over the course of the Fall 2013 semester, we collected soil samples from over 20 locations throughout Somerville and chemically extracted all inorganic lead from samples. These levels allowed us to analyze the difference in soil contamination in three different regions (residential, commercial and industrial)
A Wonderful Experience
student (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 31, 2014
Lesley University offerred a great Masters program!
I learned a lot and was able to move over on the teacher's state pay scale. I would recommend Lesley to others and have spoken well of the institution, the program and its instructors on many occasions.
Organized productive workplace with great co-working staff who made each day enjoyable.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 12, 2013
Improved Administrative skills while learning more about Microsoft programs such as Excel, Office and Powerpoint. Showed multi tasking skills in the fast paced environment, while providing the Associate Dean, Resident Directors, and students with daily tasks.

Want to know more about Lesley University?

Ask a question
The Office of Multicultural Student Services is customer service-oriented in a busy college campus. It requires me to juggle multiple tasks.
Multicultural Student Life Services (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 1, 2013
• Work with other Division offices/departments to coordinate programming that increases knowledge and awareness of issues that impact ethnic and international students. Work with departments to provide a welcoming and inclusive environment for students.
• Assist ethnic and international students in accessing campus academic and other support resources to succeed their academic journey. Member of search committee in hiring staff for Student Life and Academic Development.
• Serve on Lesley University Diversity Council as Chair of Events and Celebrations related to students and campus community. Advice student clubs and organizations that are diversity focused. Encourage co-sponsorship and collaboration of programs and oversee student participation.
• Design and create marketing material to encourage students and campus community to participate in various multicultural events.
• Mentor intern in the Office of Multicultural Student Services.
• Design Mentoring Pilot Program to mentor undergraduate and graduate students of color.
• Review student and professional performers and negotiate contracts. Create positive relationships with community members to support these programs.
• Plan and budget yearly programs for Office of Multicultural Student Services.
• Work to insure that all full-time students comply with Massachusetts State Law show proof of immunizations, communication with students and academic departments.
• Submit yearly immunization compliance report to State of Massachusetts.
Pros
collaboration, creativity, event planning and use my business skills in various applications.
Cons
no advancement
Graduate school
Graduate Student Elementary Ed/Reading Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 25, 2014
Master's program, intensive but enjoyable. I am a full time student.
Awesome job experience!
Lesley Advocate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 9, 2014
Traveled to many cities and states recruiting people for the school of technology.
Pros
awesome flexibility

4.4