LESLIE'S POOLMART

LESLIE'S POOLMART Employer Reviews

Don't expect to have a home life.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 7, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities
Cons: under compensation, inadequacy in work-life balance.
There are great resources in place but if you happen to have a new DM appointed to your area that doesn't know the ropes and isn't willing to ask for help, be prepared for them to make life heck. You can forget about any thought to returning from maternity leave and getting logical expectations too.
Slightly Decieving
Sales Associate (Former Employee), That one place, SomewhereJuly 10, 2014
Pros: good coworkers, nice customers
Cons: non existent breaks, job will end
Upon being hired you are promised hours that never come, they offer 40 hours a week and say that they will come in the summer, what they dont tell you is that they will have to send you home early every day to save labor, oh and its a summer job that ends in early summer. The job is strenuous, with one employee unloading at least 8 pallets by themselves. – more... My manager personally was cool and did what he could to help, he was knowledgeable however i know from helping out at other stores that this is not always the case. If you have anyone that depends on you for financial support DO NOT accept this job, pay is inconsistent at best, and you will be let go at the beginning of summer. – less
I am excited to be part of The Leslie Family
Manager in Training (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 6, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: wish summer was longer
I have been in the pool industry for many years. From building and service to sales. I am grateful for the opportunity that Leslie presents for me and my family. For those who know it takes a great deal of work in the summer time . If your not willing to work than work at McDonald's where they really work you to death.
dont do it
lead sales associate (Former Employee), txJune 29, 2014
Pros: once your hired really hard to get fired
Cons: not steady job when seasons change
District Management micromanages in store management is unprofessional and little to no benefits super high traffic is summer day with only one associate working and hours are cut that only manger and assist manager are working all other employees are let go
Might have liked it better if manager wasn't a perv
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Baytown, TXJune 3, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: touchy-feely manager, working in sweatshop conditions
I really liked this job at first. It was easy, and I got good hours. I worked from open to close five days a week. The hours were good, not too early and not too late. We mostly just sat around int he back of the store and shot the breeze until we got a customer.

Our District Manager went around to all of his stores and locked the a/c at 80 degrees, – more... in summertime, in Texas. We tried like heck to adjust the air, but we were never able to. The store was very HOT, and even customers began to complain of the heat. It was stupid.

At my store, the store manager had boundary issues. He liked to poke my stomach, tickle my ribs, and would "jokingly" threaten to squeeze mine and another female associate's breasts. I got tired of this really quick, and I told him to stop doing it. I wanted to report it to corporate, but this company is one of those where there is really no such thing as anonimity, despite what they promise, so I didn't report him and I submitted my two weeks notice quickly and got the heck out of there. – less
Very customer-oriented place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburg, CAJune 3, 2014
Enjoyed my daily contact with customers. Although I enjoyed my tenure at Leslies, I was disappointed in the Management aspect of the company.
Still Employed until I get a better position
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), NCMay 27, 2014
Pros: learn about pools and equipment, it's a job, benefits.
Cons: no life in the summer, long hours by yourself, heavy lifting, low wages, no raises
Everything the other posters say is true-good or bad. You work the winter months all by yourself from open to close. Very slow days with not much to do-that can be a pro or con depending on your personality. During the summer months you work 10-12 hr days non stop without a lunch break with another employee. The most employee's this company employs – more... is 3 during the summer months and then lets the LSA or SA go after the season. They pay $10.00 per hour to ASM and Manager's make about $33,000/year. They offer somewhat decent benefits to managers but it's not likely you can afford them with a low salary. There is a lot to know for the little wages you get. Very little training (videos) and if you are lucky to have a knowledgeable Manager you can learn a lot about pools (if you ever plan to own one, want to go higher in the company, or get employed by another pool store) other then that your exp is worthless. You unload trucks by yourself most times. Customers get angry if their water doesn't balance. Overall wages are low, long hours, work most holidays, no life in the summer. never get weekends off (just like any other retail position). – less
Low pay for a lot of work
Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 12, 2014
Pros: hiring within the company.
Cons: 60+ hours a week for at least 6 months straight
I was a manager for many years at leslie's....not my finest years I have to say. All the negative reviews on here are really the truth. It takes a long time to really know what you are doing in this position. Its takes a lot of chemistry, electrical and plumbing knowledge to excel at this job. It takes a minimum of a year before you can really help – more... someone with there pool b/c there is so much technical knowledge you need to understand about chemicals. There is a lot of manual labor. Unloading an entire truck by yourself. Taking out 50 -100 lb item by yourself. Working 60 hours a week easy! Pay is not very good for any employee. Leslie's should pay employees a lot more than they do for all the work that goes into the job. I could go on forever... – less
Poor and LAZY management. Takes advantage of employees.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 12, 2014
Cons: low pay, lazy store management, too much work for the low pay
I would give this place ZERO stars if I could. I was hired as an Assistant Manager, but the store manager, who was a younger guy about 23 yrs old, never trained me on ANY managerial duties EVER and NEVER even gave me KEYS to the store. I am a FEMALE, but he had me removing shelves and painting, removing heavy merchandise from shelves, stocking heavy – more... merchandise and pretty much anything that required a lot of heavy manual labor while he just stood behind the register and did NOTHING. He never helped me at all. He would go and take "bathroom" breaks just to text in his phone. The store was slow at the time because it's during winter so he could've helped me do SOMETHING but he DIDN'T. He had me sweep the entire store and all the rugs by myself and the entire time I just felt like an underpaid, overworked regular associate, not an assistant manager which I was hired for, plus I'm a COLLEGE GRADUATE with more experience than the store manager. At the time of hire I was told that I would be getting 40 hours a week but he was only scheduling me 28 hours per week and sending me home 4 HOURS EARLY EVERYDAY!!! I finally got fed up and just quit after about 2 weeks. DO NOT waste your time here at ALL. The management is LAZY and will COMPLETELY take advantage of you and WALK ALL OVER YOU!!! – less
Poor work environment
former employee (Former Employee), ftl,flaDecember 8, 2013
Cons: no breaks, lack of resources and training
Management is very weak and no one wants to work hard on anything. They tend to promote and hire people in management positions who don't belong in them.
overall slow-paced work environment
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MOAugust 19, 2013
Pros: downtime to keep store clean/organized
Cons: long, slow days
The location that I work at is a newer location in the company and doesn't see nearly as much business as the other locations in the company do. Most days are slow, seeing only a few people in a ten-hour shift. I do feel that I have learned a lot about pools, given the short amount of time that I've worked there. I wish that the days were busier.
overall a good job
Lead Service Technician (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 12, 2013
Have worked here 4 times now. still make the same rate I started at 15 years ago. very little chance in promotion with out complete relocation and very little gain from it.
Seasonal Employment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Belle Isle, FLJuly 18, 2013
worked from about 9am - 5pm almost every, stocked shelves, maned the register, moped and swept floors, did water test. management and co-workers were great. hardest part of work what the days it rained or was slow. i enjoyed everyday of my job.
Great Advancement Opportunities
Assistant Store Manaer (Current Employee), Ardmore, PAApril 18, 2013
Pros: advancement opportunity
Cons: longer hours
I started with Leslies as a Lead Sales Associate and was promoted within a fairly short time to an Assistant Manager role. The job is challenging but rewarding: the team is always willing to help find an answer and the customer interactions make the days go quickly. The hours can be long especially during season, but as with any retail job, there are – more... slower and busier times of year. I really like the chance to grow and also the growth of the company overall. – less
Opportunities for growth
Store Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaApril 15, 2013
Pros: training, career opportunities
You'll work hard, especially during the summer, but if you're looking for a place where you can move up and have a career, this is it. They have a great training program which gives you the knowledge you need to be successful. It's very rewarding to work with the customer's to determine the best solution to their pool care needs.
Good experience
Manager (Former Employee), ArizonaApril 12, 2013
Pros: opportunities for advancement
Leslie's is a fast-paced, customer focused retailer. They have an incredible training program to help their employees become experts in the field. If your willing to learn and work hard, the opportunities are endless.
Training staff
Manager (Former Employee), Marietta, GASeptember 17, 2012
Coming into work about one and half hrs early to read and print e-mails for the staff to sign off. Setting up work orders for service techs. Setting up special orders. Training future store managers and summer staff.

Just felt over worked 55 plus hours a week sometime over 62 just to play catch up.

About LESLIE'S POOLMART

Leslie's is a genuine American success story. In March of 1963, a one-man pool supply operation working out of a backyard shed – Read more