LESLIE'S POOLMART

LESLIE'S POOLMART Employer Reviews

Poor and LAZY management. Takes advantage of employees.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 12, 2014
Cons: low pay, lazy store management, too much work for the low pay
I would give this place ZERO stars if I could. I was hired as an Assistant Manager, but the store manager, who was a younger guy about 23 yrs old, never trained me on ANY managerial duties EVER and NEVER even gave me KEYS to the store. I am a FEMALE, but he had me removing shelves and painting, removing heavy merchandise from shelves, stocking heavy – more... merchandise and pretty much anything that required a lot of heavy manual labor while he just stood behind the register and did NOTHING. He never helped me at all. He would go and take "bathroom" breaks just to text in his phone. The store was slow at the time because it's during winter so he could've helped me do SOMETHING but he DIDN'T. He had me sweep the entire store and all the rugs by myself and the entire time I just felt like an underpaid, overworked regular associate, not an assistant manager which I was hired for, plus I'm a COLLEGE GRADUATE with more experience than the store manager. At the time of hire I was told that I would be getting 40 hours a week but he was only scheduling me 28 hours per week and sending me home 4 HOURS EARLY EVERYDAY!!! I finally got fed up and just quit after about 2 weeks. DO NOT waste your time here at ALL. The management is LAZY and will COMPLETELY take advantage of you and WALK ALL OVER YOU!!! – less
Poor work environment
former employee (Former Employee), ftl,flaDecember 8, 2013
Cons: no breaks, lack of resources and training
Management is very weak and no one wants to work hard on anything. They tend to promote and hire people in management positions who don't belong in them.
overall slow-paced work environment
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MOAugust 19, 2013
Pros: downtime to keep store clean/organized
Cons: long, slow days
The location that I work at is a newer location in the company and doesn't see nearly as much business as the other locations in the company do. Most days are slow, seeing only a few people in a ten-hour shift. I do feel that I have learned a lot about pools, given the short amount of time that I've worked there. I wish that the days were busier.
overall a good job
Lead Service Technician (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 12, 2013
Have worked here 4 times now. still make the same rate I started at 15 years ago. very little chance in promotion with out complete relocation and very little gain from it.
Seasonal Employment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Belle Isle, FLJuly 18, 2013
worked from about 9am - 5pm almost every, stocked shelves, maned the register, moped and swept floors, did water test. management and co-workers were great. hardest part of work what the days it rained or was slow. i enjoyed everyday of my job.
Great Advancement Opportunities
Assistant Store Manaer (Current Employee), Ardmore, PAApril 18, 2013
Pros: advancement opportunity
Cons: longer hours
I started with Leslies as a Lead Sales Associate and was promoted within a fairly short time to an Assistant Manager role. The job is challenging but rewarding: the team is always willing to help find an answer and the customer interactions make the days go quickly. The hours can be long especially during season, but as with any retail job, there are – more... slower and busier times of year. I really like the chance to grow and also the growth of the company overall. – less
Opportunities for growth
Store Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaApril 15, 2013
Pros: training, career opportunities
You'll work hard, especially during the summer, but if you're looking for a place where you can move up and have a career, this is it. They have a great training program which gives you the knowledge you need to be successful. It's very rewarding to work with the customer's to determine the best solution to their pool care needs.
Good experience
Manager (Former Employee), ArizonaApril 12, 2013
Pros: opportunities for advancement
Leslie's is a fast-paced, customer focused retailer. They have an incredible training program to help their employees become experts in the field. If your willing to learn and work hard, the opportunities are endless.
Training staff
Manager (Former Employee), Marietta, GASeptember 17, 2012
Coming into work about one and half hrs early to read and print e-mails for the staff to sign off. Setting up work orders for service techs. Setting up special orders. Training future store managers and summer staff.

Just felt over worked 55 plus hours a week sometime over 62 just to play catch up.

About LESLIE'S POOLMART

Leslie's is a genuine American success story. In March of 1963, a one-man pool supply operation working out of a backyard shed – Read more