LeTourneau University Employee Reviews

Christian work environment with strong culture
Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Remote SiteOctober 16, 2016
Overall I really enjoyed my time working for LeTourneau University. Everyone is very friendly and truly care about the students. Biggest issue is lower compensation compared to industry standard and there are some restrictive rules enforced on employees. The best part of LeTourneau University is the people. If you like working in a positive uplifting enviorment that encourages community LeTourneau is for you.
Pros
Supportive Christian enviorment with a very close community
Cons
Low pay and some politics
Christian environment and nice work place
Math Professor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Letourneau. I would love to still be working there as a professor. Letourneau cares about the students as well as the faculty and staff. It is a loving place to work.
Pros
all resources provided and available to make job easier
Cons
not enough classes to keep me working
LeTourneau
Student Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 8, 2016
Enjoyed working with Letourneau. There wasn't always enough work to do since supervisors felt certain ones should do the majority of the work. Since I worked in a remote location, I wasn't allowed to do any or all jobs The ones on the main campus did the majority of the duties. Great atmosphere at our site!
Pros
Great atmosphere for work at our site.
Cons
Didn't always have enough to do
Good workplace
Assistant Sports Information Director (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 13, 2016
One of my jobs at LeTourneau has been working as the Assistant Sports Information Director which means what I have been working all the athletic games taking pictures, doing statistics, and doing office work such as all-time statistics etc.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Not the best pay
Christian University with no Christian Environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 29, 2016
Overworked, terrible pay, corporate disciplinary policy is absent, just a place that people go when no one else will hire them. benefits are good, holidays are great.
Fun place to work
Psychology instructor (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 4, 2016
Hello Applicants,

LeTourneau University is an amazing place to work, great co-workers and students! This a faith-based workplace environment that teaches courses from a Christian perspective.
Encouraging and challenging community for students
University Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 7, 2016
a typical day would be filled with answering the questions of any student in the lab along with assisting the professor with the explanation of the lab experiment. I learned the importance of correctly cataloging chemicals and being clear and concise with your words as to not confuse the students. My coworker was also my manager and supervisor, the professor who facilitated the lab. The hardest part was telling a student I did not know the answer but would ask the professor for assistance. The best part of the job was getting to see the face of students who truly understand the science behind each experiment.
Pros
Short hours, the explanation was left to the professor, and getting to explain science to wondering students.
Cons
Worked once or twice a week, and not knowing an answer.
I enjoy working for Letourneau University in that it's a great learning experience
Financial Aid Counselor (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 27, 2016
I like working for Letourneau University because it gives me a chance to learn financial aid, help students, as well as advance my education. A typical day at Letourneau University includes awarding and evaluating students' financial aid file and advising students through email, phone or in person. I've learned how to award students, determine eligibility, and answer students' questions. My coworkers are very knowledgeable, experienced and fun to work with. The hardest part of my job is not being able to help a student due to federal regulations and the most enjoyable and rewarding part of my job is helping students as much as I can.
Pros
great boss and coworkers, opportunity to learn and grow and advance
Cons
not being able to help a student due to federal regulations
Mail Room Employee
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 19, 2016
Typical day at LeTourneau mailroom included sorting and planning mail drops, delivering mail to student accounts, and running the cash register in the main mailroom at the university. When this was finished, I was responsible to deliver packages and mail to professor and teacher offices. I was also responsible to complete large mail lots for the university with machines that sealed and stamped the mail. My favorite part of this position was seeing the people on my route each day and the routine of the job.
Great experience for student workers
Flight Surfaces Technician (Senior Design Project) (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 14, 2015
Being a student worker, I was trying to do more than just get some money while in school. I was able to prepare my work ethic, and the management was more than willing to oversee and help with preparing me. The work was not difficult, but still required creativity and determination. Management sometimes had difficulty connecting with the students.
Great people and great learning environment
Maintenance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Longview, TexasSeptember 17, 2015
Every day is different, though the aircraft are the same - this makes the job enjoyable, not redundant. My fellow workers (assistance as well as the DOM and Shop Foreman) are incredible people, always willing to learn and grow, and show the process of how to accomplish a task. The value of the aircraft maintenance manual is easily noticed, but the value of experience and curiosity is also encouraged and supported. The management is known for always having the students (both those flying and those fixing) in mind with decisions in both monetary and experiential worth. I've learned to always keep an open mind and heart to hear the words and research, too, to complete a task (and have several viable options).
Pros
Good culture with Christian people who share the same values and encourage one another daily, seldom lack of work
Cons
Few breaks
Women's Soccer Graduate Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 19, 2015
The staff was really nice. Felt a little overworked and the management was never anywhere to be found.The job responsibilities were not really taught correctly and new staff never really knew how to work the equipment.
Great goals, resources limited, interesting choices with those resources
Resident Director (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 2, 2015
Great co-workers and excellent vision combined with calling made LETU a great place to work. The double-edged sword: I was able to avoid the high-level politics, but had few answers when students asked about decisions made and directions taken by upper administration.
Pros
Fit much of my passion and gifting, and had great flexibility to live that out.
Cons
While it may never change, a battle to see greater committment to Student Life seems to be waged..
Great atomsphere and they really care about you
Yellow Jacket Managing Editor (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 17, 2015
This job is a really good catch. It is one of the best paying jobs on campus and it is extremely flexible and works with one's schedule. I edit and write articles on my own schedule and the only set work time is a weekly meeting that fits in with lunch. I do meet with the editor in chief and student publications head occasionally, but beyond this the job is fun, enjoyable, great experience, and worth every second.

My only complaint would be the hassle of working with the school payrole to get payment started. I did not have to deal with them personally, but it took several months before I started getting paid.
Pros
Flexible workload, works on your time, good experience, enjoyable work
Cons
Heavy workload, a lot of responsibility, not always paid on time
Decent place to work
Call Technician (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 21, 2015
I worked there as a student and some employees are not paid as well. The overall management was actually pretty good and understanding.
Great opportunity to advance with university computing
Director Of Technology (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 28, 2015
Overall - great environment to work in. Working with college students was really a wonderful experience. Day-to-day supporting university operations was challenging. Overall a good experience.
Pros
Some cutting edge technology
Cons
Applying for funding for technology programs
Great people and students.
Director Of Facilities Services (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 27, 2013
I enjoy working with the people that I am responsible for and have a great respect for all of the hard work that they accomplish on a day to day basis.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the students here. I have the opportunity to guide them in not only work ethic , but also as a mentor.

My typical day consist of checking for incoming work orders and completing on going work.
Scheduling projects with both employees and contractors.
Checking on, ongoing work. Invoicing and payroll as well as managing fleet services.
Nice people and a good place to work.
Head Coach Women's Soccer / Dir of NCAA Compliance (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 16, 2015
At LETU, recruiting is a huge priority. I spend most of my time recruiting and/or preparing for some type of recruiting activity. I've learned that small Christian schools really have to stand out and make themselves known. The people I work with and the student-athletes are fantastic.
Enjoyable work.
Assistant Secretary (Former Employee) –  Longview, TexasJune 6, 2013
Loved working with students, encouraging them and helping them achieve their goals. Responsible for managing the financial side of the school of engineering. Developed policies and procedure for intradepartmental purchasing that was in keeping with the university policies. Worked closely with other department on campus especially the business office.
Fun workdays, clear objectives
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 14, 2015
A typical workday started with a team meeting for planning the shift, and then we would split up into teams. The work could be challenging, but was doable with teamwork.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LeTourneau University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3