LeTourneau University

LeTourneau University Employer Reviews

Productive and Fun work place with enjoyable people
Fine Arts Coordinator & A/V Technician (Former Employee), Activities Council & Information TechnologiesJune 28, 2013
Pros: free meals and events, scholarship/work study.
I was a student at LeTourneau University when I worked there in both the Information Technologies Department and with the Student Activities Council. Both jobs were very demanding and required long-term commitment and determination.

As an A/V Technician with Information Technologies, I mainly worked weekends and set up the sound system for the Prayer – more... and Praise event held every Sunday night of the school year. These nights were my favorite to work, because the evening would be filled with uplifting music and prayers, and people who were seeking God and blessing each other.

As a member of the Student Activities Council, my school life and work life had to be in perfect synchronization, as I had to balance class work, assignments, tests, etc with planning, coordinating, and running events every weekend. Some events under my direction were weeks long, and every event took months to plan and coordinate with the other council members.

With both of these jobs, I learned how to balance my personal, school, and work life successfully. Not only that, but I discovered a new-found joy for coordinating and planning events. Whether it be a concert, coffee house, fine arts showcase, movie night, or a play or musical drama, I was thrilled to put everything together and watch the enjoyment on the guests' faces. – less
College
Student (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 19, 2013
Pros: christian school
Cons: pricey
I was a student and the staff was friendly. Great place to go to school . But very expensive.
Enjoyable work.
Assistant Secretary (Former Employee), Longview, TexasJune 6, 2013
Loved working with students, encouraging them and helping them achieve their goals. Responsible for managing the financial side of the school of engineering. Developed policies and procedure for intradepartmental purchasing that was in keeping with the university policies. Worked closely with other department on campus especially the business office.
Design Engineer
Senior Capstone Project (Former Employee), Longview, TxMarch 10, 2013
LeTourneau offers hands on experience to students as well and close interaction with professors.
full time student
Full-Time student and internship (Former Employee), Longview, TXFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: great school
Cons: needs more course offerings.
Excellent experience. Faith-based univeristy. Program was rigorous and challenging.
Good place to work but salaries are low
Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: working with students
Cons: very little chance to advance
It was rewarding to assist student with their educational needs. The day was very busy and required working on your own.
Great for a college student wanting technical experience and a great working enviroment!
Media Technician (Former Employee), Longview, TXMay 5, 2012
I really enjoyed working here for the two bosses I had. I got to meet many different people within the university and participate in interesting events held throughout campus.
Nice place to work, an excellent institution of higher learning.
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Austin, TexasFebruary 7, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule, good working environment.
Cons: no benefits, as it is a prt time job.
It is a pleasure to work with adults that want to progress in life through effort, perseverance and serious study.