LeTourneau University Employee Reviews

Great Co-Workers
THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 26, 2017
I have enjoyed the community of LeTourneau. It was for the most part a very encouraging environment for personal and professional growth. I would recommend LeTourneau University for education and employment opportunities.
A great techy Christian College
Professor of Chemistry (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 13, 2017
Great engineering and aviation undergraduate college. It is a small college with limited masters programs. The teaching load is heavy and the expectations of scholarship are growing.
Pros
Great Christian community
Cons
Small college during a changing higher education time
Good Place to Work
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 14, 2017
Working for LeTourneau University was a positive experience for me. It taught me much of what I know now as a programmer. The supervisors were positive and supportive people and my coworkers were bright and cheerful.
Pros
Free Breakfast, Sometimes Free Lunches, Fun Environment, Positive People
Excellent place to work
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 12, 2017
Great people to work for and with. Everyone that works there believes in taking care of the fellow co-workers and they treat everyone with the utmost dignity and respect.
Pros
The people that you work with are great.
Cons
Low pay
Love Working There Wish I Didn't have to Leave
Adjunct Speech Instructor (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 9, 2017
For the most part the people and students are great. It has been such a rewarding experience teaching and being taught. There is a lot of love at LeTourneau University.
Pros
The environment, the people
Cons
The administration
Great work place and school
Peer Adviser (Former Employee) –  Longview, TX 75602March 28, 2017
LeTourneau University is a good place to work and a better place to receive an education. I enjoyed working there and I love going to school here. I highly recommend it.
Fun place to work while attending college here.
Yellow Jackets Activity Council (YAC) (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 12, 2017
For the YAC job, the whole crew would meet once a week to prepare for and plan events for the student body. Later, usually on a Friday or Saturday, the group would set up, run, and tear down for whatever planned event we had. Gained experience with large event planning and organization, delegation, and time management.
For the mail center job, two hours in the morning packages would be received, scanned, labelled, organized, and checked out to students. Gained efficiency, organization, and time management skills.
For the Peer Adviser job, a group of freshmen were assigned to all the leaders and throughout the semester would meet with and be advised however necessary by the peer advisers. Gained leadership, conflict resolution, and interpersonal relation experience.
Pros
Flexible Hours.
Cons
Few Hours Due to School Schedule
Great for students
Lead Painter / HVAC Specialist (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Great for students. Easy and flexible schedule. Work orders can be done any time of day. Work can be done in between class, before class, or after class.
Good scheduling system and good support from supervisors
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 3, 2017
Worked about 5 hours a week as a math tutor. Scheduling system was smooth and efficient, and I was able to communicate effectively with students before the sessions to find out what they needed help with and prepare myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping fellow students to master Calculus and other classes that I had proficiency in.
Pros
Scheduling system, support staff, personal fulfillment
competitive
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 20, 2016
Letourneau is a Christian competitive University that has great and supportive professors who want to see their students succeed in the future both in their careers and spiritually
Christian University with no Christian Environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 29, 2016
Overworked, terrible pay, corporate disciplinary policy is absent, just a place that people go when no one else will hire them. benefits are good, holidays are great.
Christian environment and nice work place
Math Professor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Letourneau. I would love to still be working there as a professor. Letourneau cares about the students as well as the faculty and staff. It is a loving place to work.
Pros
all resources provided and available to make job easier
Cons
not enough classes to keep me working
Fun place to work
Psychology instructor (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 4, 2016
Hello Applicants,

LeTourneau University is an amazing place to work, great co-workers and students! This a faith-based workplace environment that teaches courses from a Christian perspective.
Christian work environment with strong culture
Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Remote SiteOctober 16, 2016
Overall I really enjoyed my time working for LeTourneau University. Everyone is very friendly and truly care about the students. Biggest issue is lower compensation compared to industry standard and there are some restrictive rules enforced on employees. The best part of LeTourneau University is the people. If you like working in a positive uplifting enviorment that encourages community LeTourneau is for you.
Pros
Supportive Christian enviorment with a very close community
Cons
Low pay and some politics
Good workplace
Assistant Sports Information Director (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 13, 2016
One of my jobs at LeTourneau has been working as the Assistant Sports Information Director which means what I have been working all the athletic games taking pictures, doing statistics, and doing office work such as all-time statistics etc.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Not the best pay
LeTourneau
Student Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 8, 2016
Enjoyed working with Letourneau. There wasn't always enough work to do since supervisors felt certain ones should do the majority of the work. Since I worked in a remote location, I wasn't allowed to do any or all jobs The ones on the main campus did the majority of the duties. Great atmosphere at our site!
Pros
Great atmosphere for work at our site.
Cons
Didn't always have enough to do
Encouraging and challenging community for students
University Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 7, 2016
a typical day would be filled with answering the questions of any student in the lab along with assisting the professor with the explanation of the lab experiment. I learned the importance of correctly cataloging chemicals and being clear and concise with your words as to not confuse the students. My coworker was also my manager and supervisor, the professor who facilitated the lab. The hardest part was telling a student I did not know the answer but would ask the professor for assistance. The best part of the job was getting to see the face of students who truly understand the science behind each experiment.
Pros
Short hours, the explanation was left to the professor, and getting to explain science to wondering students.
Cons
Worked once or twice a week, and not knowing an answer.
I enjoy working for Letourneau University in that it's a great learning experience
Financial Aid Counselor (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 27, 2016
I like working for Letourneau University because it gives me a chance to learn financial aid, help students, as well as advance my education. A typical day at Letourneau University includes awarding and evaluating students' financial aid file and advising students through email, phone or in person. I've learned how to award students, determine eligibility, and answer students' questions. My coworkers are very knowledgeable, experienced and fun to work with. The hardest part of my job is not being able to help a student due to federal regulations and the most enjoyable and rewarding part of my job is helping students as much as I can.
Pros
great boss and coworkers, opportunity to learn and grow and advance
Cons
not being able to help a student due to federal regulations
Mail Room Employee
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 19, 2016
Typical day at LeTourneau mailroom included sorting and planning mail drops, delivering mail to student accounts, and running the cash register in the main mailroom at the university. When this was finished, I was responsible to deliver packages and mail to professor and teacher offices. I was also responsible to complete large mail lots for the university with machines that sealed and stamped the mail. My favorite part of this position was seeing the people on my route each day and the routine of the job.
Decent place to work
Call Technician (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 21, 2015
I worked there as a student and some employees are not paid as well. The overall management was actually pretty good and understanding.