Lettuce Entertain You Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, ILOctober 11, 2017
Customer base at my restaurant extremely unpleasant. The work life balance is also extremely difficult. I close 5 nights a week when I was hired I was told Id be the opening manager, so its tough with a young child.
No Comment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2017
Overall, it was a positive experience but some personnel changes would really help bring the company into the 21st century. Much of the top leadership firmly believes and enforces a culture of caring.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor 401K plan
first job
Counter Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2017
it was a great experience as a first/summer job. I am very grateful to have worked with such an amazing company. The managers were helpful and encouraging.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
other employees are rude at times
If you are going to work in the service industry, work for Lettuce Entertain You
Server/Barista/Cashier/Host (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 10, 2017
Internal staff is top notch and company does a decent job at making sure their employees are taken care of. That said, if you'd like to move up within the company, make sure you are taking your own initiative.
Expeditor/Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2017
Most of the time we are really busy and we work as a team. I learn a lot there and the people tend to be very friendly. The atmosphere is fulfilling. I really enjoy my time while I work.
Great company
Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2017
Great company learned so much, not enough room for growth. Managers have all been there and become lazy. Company needs to become more hip to keep up with growing hospitality companies in the city.
Great place to work if you can handle very high volume
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 31, 2017
Great eduacation and preparation for staff. Super busy restaurants! Mon Ami Gabi has a great culture and staff support. You will work with qualified professionals that take pride in their jobs.
Joes
Food Server Joes Seafood Prime Steak & Stone Crab (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 6, 2017
Held a position for a few months shy of 10 years and had the number two spot for most shifts worked. Time off was usually a given but not to be abused. Wine programs, classes and incentives were offered and if you wanted to try something it was encouraged to inquire about. High volume, fast paced environment and expect to stay longer than anticipated on some evenings.
Pros
Excellent kitchen staff
Cons
Same as any other place
Fun job but Management stinks
Barista, Cashier, Host (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2017
I worked at Foodlife and I fell in love with working there because there's workers who are dedicated and love what they do, but the management is what plummets the job. The management loves to praise and take the customer's side than their own team.
Pros
Food, Drinks, Regular Customers.
Cons
Hardly any breaks, Management, Favoritism
Interesting Place to be at
Point of Sale Support (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2017
This is a great place to work at. Every day is different. A lot of different personalities to work with. Not to mention the different restaurants to eat at.
Pros
Eating at different restaurants, the coworkers
Cons
Started out great and still have the potential.
Office Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  835 N. Michigan AveApril 25, 2017
Lettuce is a great company to a certain extent. My place of work was Foodlife. Foodlife was a great place for all walks of life until they changed the division. I sometimes run into guest to this day that have totally stopped patronizing the place. How I do miss the company and all the wonderful holiday parties and discounts, in the end the management turn out to be an awful team.
Pros
Great discounts, opportunities for growth, food and parties.
Cons
To many changes to great policies.
Great laughs good work being done busy days can get massy but nice job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2017
Working for Raman-San was kinda wonderful as long as you get along with everyone and do your job you'll have a nice day I will the easiest Job was cleaning and putting the dishes away on the rack and taking out where they are needed the most hardest job in the dishpit will maybe be washing the pots on a very busy day the window can be hard as well but after awhile it becomes easy n fast you will learn how to have fun and work at the same time the management is good they will look out for you they have like a Asian place really nice chill spot for people
Pros
Free food every day
Cons
No breaks
great place and fun culture
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2016
Professional culture where you will work with a great network of people, and have the opportunity to excel your career if wanted.
High pressure work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILDecember 7, 2016
It is a very fast paced work place. Only well organized people will survive. There is a lot of pressure on the servers. The server is the "face" of the restaurant and he/she needs to make sure the costumers are happy. The hardest part of the job is that you can not have a bad day. Every single day you need to perform your best with no exception. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the costumers.
Pros
flexible schedule, discaount at all LEYE restaurants
Cons
health care
People-oriented company that values its employees & provides upward mobility
Marketing & Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2016
Lettuce Entertain You is a great company to work for. The company as a whole, "does things right." Training programs are comprehensive and sets employees up for success. Upward mobility within the company is easily attainable (with hard work and the right attitude) AND it's also urged. If you are interested in pursuing a career in the food/beverage/hospitality industry, I highly suggest pursuing a career at Lettuce Entertain You (LEYE).
Great Management Staff anf Team
Server (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2016
Lettuce is the ONLY company to work for as a server. I worked at Paris Club for three years until it closed. Then I was transferred to Osteria Via Stato which was a wonderful place to work. The management team treat you like an adult. The food is wonderful and the wine list is beautifully crafted.
Fast paced restaurant
Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 30, 2016
I began working for Lettuce Entertain You as a hostess. Once established I made it clear to the serving manager at the time that I wanted to become a server. It has been the only restaurant that has allowed me to advance and no amount of words can express my appreciation for the opportunity. The environment is fast paced and I do not recommend this for a new or first-time server. The learning curve is steep, but not impossible. It is not a boring job, and even on slow days the management will find something to keep you busy. I will also say that it has been the only job that has made me feel truly cared for when things in your life may be difficult.
Pros
Great money for a breakfast job, great benefits if you can maintain hours, never short on shifts.
Cons
There are no real breaks, often times it can be overwhelming, the management does not always cut aggressively enough.
what you learned
SOUS CHEF 1 (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2016
this company is incredible in training systems on managing a restaurant of large scale to maximize profit and how to manage others efficiently with also pushing to be better everyday.
Great training
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2016
Three months of training to be a manager equals great leaders. Great restaurant concepts with many perks for employees including 50% discount from January - March.
Pros
Great discount
Lettuce Entertain You
Parter and EVP (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2016
Lettuce Entertain You was a wonderful place to work. It provided opportunity and variety due the the 90 plus restaurants that are part of this private company.

A typical day at work (and there was no typical day as every day brought different challenges), was to handle requests for donations and answer media inquiries.

I also manage and built a gift card program which included sales, marketing, customer service and development of the we site and printed materials.

I also handled retreats for partners and GMs.

My co-workers were wonderful people but after 21 years and building the department I am looking for new challenges and to share what I have learned.
Pros
Free meals, Paid Holidays, Comfortable work environment
Cons
I helped handle crisis communication when problems arose and that was a challenge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lettuce Entertain You. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2