Lettuce Entertain You Employee Reviews

Fast paced restaurant
Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 30, 2016
I began working for Lettuce Entertain You as a hostess. Once established I made it clear to the serving manager at the time that I wanted to become a server. It has been the only restaurant that has allowed me to advance and no amount of words can express my appreciation for the opportunity. The environment is fast paced and I do not recommend this for a new or first-time server. The learning curve is steep, but not impossible. It is not a boring job, and even on slow days the management will find something to keep you busy. I will also say that it has been the only job that has made me feel truly cared for when things in your life may be difficult.
Pros
Great money for a breakfast job, great benefits if you can maintain hours, never short on shifts.
Cons
There are no real breaks, often times it can be overwhelming, the management does not always cut aggressively enough.
Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJuly 4, 2016
The gold standard of employment in the Food and Beverage industry. There is not a better company to work for. Management is fair and listens to employee concerns. People who enjoy interaction with others thrive in this company.
Pros
Employment security, work hours flexibility and excellent benefits
Cons
High stress environment but that de rigueur in the F&B industry
People-oriented company that values its employees & provides upward mobility
Marketing & Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2016
Lettuce Entertain You is a great company to work for. The company as a whole, "does things right." Training programs are comprehensive and sets employees up for success. Upward mobility within the company is easily attainable (with hard work and the right attitude) AND it's also urged. If you are interested in pursuing a career in the food/beverage/hospitality industry, I highly suggest pursuing a career at Lettuce Entertain You (LEYE).
great place and fun culture
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2016
Professional culture where you will work with a great network of people, and have the opportunity to excel your career if wanted.
High pressure work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILDecember 7, 2016
It is a very fast paced work place. Only well organized people will survive. There is a lot of pressure on the servers. The server is the "face" of the restaurant and he/she needs to make sure the costumers are happy. The hardest part of the job is that you can not have a bad day. Every single day you need to perform your best with no exception. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the costumers.
Pros
flexible schedule, discaount at all LEYE restaurants
Cons
health care
Professional atmosphere
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJune 22, 2016
A typical day at work would include clocking in, having another team member update me on current events or situations in the restaurant. After this I would start seating tables. If there was a slow day we all had side jobs which included updating the board for certain events the next day or rolling up silver ware. The management was very clear about their expectations of you and if you were not sure how to meet some points they would help explain. All my co-workers were very helpful when starting off and made working enjoyable. The hardest part of the day would be from during a rush and trying to explain to guests why there were no tables open. The most enjoyable part of the day is where I would get to interact with costumers and therefore have great experiences with them.
Pros
Discount from all Lettuce Entertain you restauraunts
Cons
Short breaks
Great Management Staff anf Team
Server (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2016
Lettuce is the ONLY company to work for as a server. I worked at Paris Club for three years until it closed. Then I was transferred to Osteria Via Stato which was a wonderful place to work. The management team treat you like an adult. The food is wonderful and the wine list is beautifully crafted.
Lettuce Entertain You
Parter and EVP (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2016
Lettuce Entertain You was a wonderful place to work. It provided opportunity and variety due the the 90 plus restaurants that are part of this private company.

A typical day at work (and there was no typical day as every day brought different challenges), was to handle requests for donations and answer media inquiries.

I also manage and built a gift card program which included sales, marketing, customer service and development of the we site and printed materials.

I also handled retreats for partners and GMs.

My co-workers were wonderful people but after 21 years and building the department I am looking for new challenges and to share what I have learned.
Pros
Free meals, Paid Holidays, Comfortable work environment
Cons
I helped handle crisis communication when problems arose and that was a challenge.
High paced, high volume and enjoyable
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2016
One of the busiest restaurants in the country with a high energy, high paced environment. Family oriented culture, great co-workers, great management and a joy to be part of. The challenge the level and pace of the restaurant brings is the most enjoyable and also the hardest part of the job.
what you learned
SOUS CHEF 1 (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2016
this company is incredible in training systems on managing a restaurant of large scale to maximize profit and how to manage others efficiently with also pushing to be better everyday.
Great training
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2016
Three months of training to be a manager equals great leaders. Great restaurant concepts with many perks for employees including 50% discount from January - March.
Pros
Great discount
Stella Barra
server (Former Employee) –  Lincoln Park, ILJune 14, 2016
Company cares about their employees. No room to advance if you are a server. Friendly co-workers. The stella barra side of summer house is neglected as far as managing goes. It's the forgotten restaurant that no one cares about
Excellent company
Line Server (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJanuary 23, 2016
Quality food, superior management, great coworkers
11:30-7PM food prep, customer service, server counter, first time in food/hospitality and enjoyed the opportunity, management was helpful, respectful and considerate to all workers. Solid group of coworkers, hardest part was standing over steam table for long periods-however I did enjoy it. Greeting customers and serving food was the most enjoyable past of this position.
Pros
Fast paced, excelllent product and reputatioin
Cons
Standing all day, mostly over 160Degree steam table
Great company for those looking to enter the restaurant industry
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2016
The company takes care of its employees, despite being as large as it is. Management style varies from restaurant to restaurant but the values of the company still hold true throughout.
New store opening with the most charismatic co-workers, but the worst management I've ever seen within a restaraunt
Barista (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2015
When it first opened. The place was hectic. Servers didn't know what they were doing, bartenders were swamped with a large list of drinks, and baristas were confused as to what to do. The baristas were on their own, the servers had a tough learning curve; but, because of the quality people in each position, everyone adapted. The non-management employees really made this place special, exciting, and innovative. The management was the worst thing ever experienced in my food industry experience. They were poor at scheduling, didn't listen to their employees, played favorites, were completely nonexistent, and confrontational.
Great co-workers, poor management
Server, Head of Security (Former Employee) –  ILNovember 24, 2015
There's not really any room for advancement. They will tell you everything you want to hear and then drop the subject. Also the people who come in are so stuck up that normal interaction between two human beings is hard for them to grasp.
Exciting, fast-paced and forward-thinking environment.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNMay 26, 2013
I am one of a five all-female management team. We are all responsible for managing, teaching and disciplining staff and growing business. We report to a handful of corporate stakeholders, who are all incredibly bright, capable and fun to work for. I personally manage the supplies for the store and write schedules on top of finding innovative ways to improve business and create regular guests. Most businesses in our economic climate are facing difficult times, and we strive to find ways to grow and create memorable experiences for our guests, in spite of that difficulty. It's definitely challenging, and a different and unique experience every day. But, every interaction, and especially chances to fix issues with guests, creates a very rewarding experience for me with this company.
Once you work for lettuce you are hooked. It is my second family.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 14, 2013
Getting ready for the busy night ahead is the first step. Planning is a major part. I quickly learned how important it is to have many back up plans because dining times constantly change. we have a very supportive management team and all my co-workers are like family. The hardest part of the job is leaving at night and the most enjoyable is watching customers leave happy.
Pros
great ralations, food discounts
Cons
exxpensive health insurance
Creative, fun, exciting and challenging are just some of the words I would like to use to describe my 11 years with Lettuce Entertain You.
Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2013
Working at Lettuce Entertain You for 11 years has allowed me to grow my passions and explore my interests. The position of Catering and Special Events Manager encompasses many roles at a restaurant.
On a daily basis I work with sales and marketing plans, customer service, budgets and contract negations as well as menu and wine suggestions. While planning and executing the events I routinely work as liaison between the kitchen, staff and customer to ensure customer satisfaction and profit for the store.
Lettuce has allowed me to make decisions and treat my position as an entrepreneurial position.
Hard working job with lots of people to communicate throughout the day.
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2014
Well not all days were busy so some days were slow and we had time to slow down the pace. I really did not learn that much as a dishwasher because almost everyday was the same routine so I will try to learn from other stations when I had a chance. There is really not a hard part of the job but cleaning at the end was the least enjoyable part of the job because it gets very messy. I liked carrying plates since we will sometimes get food from the kitchen.
Pros
We will get two foods per day and we could ask for any food we wanted.
Cons
Everynight we will be smelling like fish, and i get rashes frequently and i can get arthtitis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lettuce Entertain You. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2