Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Employee Reviews

Lls
Senior Campaign Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Workplace culture in the Austin office is relatively laidback and it is a collaborative team environment. Management could use some work from the top alll the way down. I learned a great deal about fundraising, marketing, building relationships with donors and sponsors, sales, etc. The schedule can be overwhelming during campaign season and there is not always a great work/life balance from Jan-June. It can be high stress at times.
Old model of a national voluntary health agency
DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATIVE AND REVENUE SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 29, 2017
The LSA underwent a huge re-shuffling a few years back. The new (at the time) top national leadership angled to expunge people who had been there for years and create an agency in the image of the new CEO.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Underhanded leadership
a good place to start
Donor Development Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 3, 2017
This is a good place to start if you want to learn about non profits. It allows you to promote from within and learn a lot. If you have had no experience, you should go here.
Pros
great location
Cons
lots of leadership change
Valuable intern experince
Field Outreach Associate (Intern), Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2016
I learned valuable skills in patient access, non profit work and , valuable skills that will help me to excel in my career
Pros
staff is very friendly
Cons
not a paid internship
Absolutely wonderful
Student intern (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2016
Staff is great.
Those who work for this organization have hearts of gold. This non-profit organization raises funds for cancer research via the Pennies for Patients fundraiser.
office work placve
Call center outbound Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 12, 2015
register schools some teachers are very sweet some teachers are not so on the sweet side it was good experience,learned how to encourage people to sign up for the pennies for patients program at schools in different areas.
Fun and energetic work environment
Office Administration Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 20, 2015
Positive energy all around you, and the opportunity to work towards a great cause. Great opportunity for team building.
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Islandia, NYApril 16, 2015
• Helped to navigate patients to the right information about their specific diagnoses
• Followed up with newly diagnosed patients to ensure that are able to access services needed to
• Managed patients’ cancer diagnosis
• Entered financial applications from patients and informing them of the aid they will receive
• Organized and held support groups for children ages 11-14 whose parents had been diagnosed with cancer.
Fun office, great staff, important mission
Special Events Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed going to work every day at LLS. The Senior/Executive staff interact with everyone in the office, there is no division. They also strongly support the well being of the staff - bringing in a therapy dog, yoga classes and other healthy initiatives. Holiday potlucks and happy hours are just a few ways that the staff gets to know one another. Most importantly, everyone fully supports the mission and is willing to go to any event to lend a helping hand.
Non profit organization
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYOctober 27, 2014
I enjoyed working here I felt it was for a good cause.
I answered all calls, did a lot of inputting for fundraisers and also packing and shipping items out. Many mass mailings.
Sharing ideas to connect cancer survivors and patients.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  IrvineSeptember 2, 2014
Work on a enthusiastic team to share ideas to connect cancer survivors and patients for support.
A good organization doing a fine job to help others.
Telerecruiter (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAAugust 28, 2014
LLS had a n excellent work environment; people pulled together. I liked the challenge of raising money for people who are less fortunate. We started early at 7:30 and finished at 3:00. Schools were called and a conversations were started with class representatives and principals to sign on for the two-week program of involving students in gathering spare change at home and bringing it in to their classrooms where it was tallied. Teachers and nurses were the natural person to approach with our pitch.Not signing up every school is the hardest part of the job. Most enjoyable was the daily satisfaction of helping others in life.
Pros
Close to home, just a 20 minute commute, worthy endeavor for me.
Cons
Job was only six months each year.
Great place to work and great organizational cause
Bookkeeper & Matching Gifts Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 8, 2014
A typical day at work consist of processing A/P, ensuring all revenue is coded to the correct accounts, posting journal entries to the cash template, doing adjusting entries, month end bank reconciliation, process chapter expense reports via Concur. Ensure staff is following proper internal controls.
Pros
Great Cause
Cons
Compensation and career growth
Relaxing workplace
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 4, 2014
The job is rather relaxing and technically, I wouldn't find anything wrong with working in an office dwelling, which is why I sent my resume here. My co-workers were also friendly too.
Pros
Weekends off, long breaks.
Cons
traveling there, It wasn't paid as it was only a vocational program
Very organized and professional
School Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTFebruary 13, 2014
It was a very organized laid back environment and professional at the same time. It was one of my best jobs I had.
Great company
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJJanuary 2, 2014
Great company that really strives to improve the lives of those suffering from blood cancers.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No cons to list
Very professional job setting.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 30, 2013
I loved working there, being that have a passion for helping others. I would come in ready to work. Check voice mails and emails, make my call backs, then I would finish any work that I was working on.
Friednly environment
School Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 12, 2013
Great place to work. Everyone is very friendly. Great training.
Pros
Free coffee, laid back environment
Cons
Job Security
Lack of appreciation and diversity
Campaigns and Special Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2013
The organization lacked diversity and appreciation of their staff. The management micromanaged their staff and did not hire a cultural diverse team.
Excellent Organization
Campaign Manager, Team in Training (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 18, 2013
I had a great experience at the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. From the National Support to the local chapter volunteers and "heroes," I got to know some great people, further my experience in management and make a contribution to the fight against blood cancers. As a Team in Training Campaign Manager, my hours were a bit cumbersome, and the brand is experiencing some difficulties, but it was worth the effort.