Level 3 Communications Employee Reviews

Standard telecommunications company
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, CONovember 15, 2017
Standard telecommunications company. Just got purchased by another telecommunications company. Co-workers are friendly and management is helpful. Staff is always helpful and supportive
Great opportunity
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VANovember 14, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. I was actually and employee of a company that was acquired by Level 3. I had no intention of leaving. My plan was to retire from there, but as the company went through mergers and acquisitions, my job had a lot of overlap and I was let go.
Pros
Flexibility to hustle and make really good commissions. My sales engineer was awesome!
Cons
Nothing bad to say here.
Review
Enterprise Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2017
A typical work day included prospecting, account management, and setting/attending appointments.

Management was never there for assistance or escalation when needed.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Management, Office Culture
Tough Culture; Great People
HRBP (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CONovember 7, 2017
Able to surround yourself with great, hardworking and intelligent people. The pace is frantic at times and requires strong navigation skills in very challenging work environment.
Contract position only
Consultant (Former Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 31, 2017
Contract position only. Enjoyed co-workers and management. I believe that Level 3 has been acquired.

The position I held was fairly routine, would have liked more challenge
Not bad, But overworked and under paid.
TSC - Electrical technician (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 25, 2017
Started through the Ops academy and learned very quickly, though my potential was noticed, it was never utilized. Tried to move to other groups, but its more of a tribal enviroment
Level 3 Review
Planner I (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COOctober 22, 2017
Overall I believe in the company; Level 3. My particular department & organization however is a stressful environment. Overworked, underpaid and no options for advancement within the department. Unfortunately my department is key and therefore advancement within the company is difficult too; some have been blocked from moving internally to different positions.
Unknown Changes
HVAC/Critical Infrstructure (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COOctober 21, 2017
Management is good. The pay is decent. The atmosphere is ok. It can be stressful at times. The hours are shift work which is rotating and so you lose your pay differential. Tools and equipment not always not available.
Pros
Not micro-managed; good management
Cons
Uncertainty of employment
Stressful but Challenging Work Environment
Director, Global IT Production Support (Former Employee) –  Lonetree, COOctober 20, 2017
Overall ok, need a better plan for career advancement for high achievers. Had a very good one-year long emerging leadership program that I highly recommend. However, once completed there was no where to go for advancement.
Provisioner (Former Employee) –  Coudersport, PAOctober 17, 2017
Level 3 Communications was a good place to work...good pay, vacation and sick time, medical benefits. Not too much drama, sometimes stressful but overall a good place to work.
poor
Account Director 1 Enterprise Sales Group (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 11, 2017
Management is horrible and mean spirited the merger is showing the worst in everyone. Few people will be getting a fair shake after day one combined new company
Pros
pay
Cons
culture
Challenging but management needs A LOT of work
Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee) –  broomOctober 11, 2017
The environment I worked in was filled with cronyism. If you weren't part of the crew that graduated from college together or a very close friend to one of them your chances for promotions, salary bumps full bonuses even company event invites... was nearly ZERO.
Pros
nice campus some what flexible schedule
Cons
rampant unchecked cronyism
High Stress, High Reward Environment
Senior Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2017
Level 3 is not the place to work for everyone. That being said, if you are a type "A" personality with an insatiable drive to succeed, Level 3 will provide compensation commensurate with how much of yourself you are willing to put in to it. There is an attempt to support a better work/life balance, but in order to truly be successful, "life" will need to take a back seat. If you are hungry, Level 3 will reward you, but there is a lot of churn and burn out unless you are willing to put 100% of yourself into your role
Pros
good compensation, good opportunity unless you reach the mid/senior leadership level
Cons
Level 3 will need to become your life to be successful
Was Great Place before acquisition
Margin Assurance Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COOctober 9, 2017
Was Great Place before acquisition. Level 3 became a workplace of fear and uncertainty with being acquired this led to no advancement opportunities within Level 3.
Tough Gig
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2017
When I was there, there were layoffs the first Friday of every month. It was extremely chest wrenching living with that weight on your chest. I was a decent tech, so I didn't have to worry as much as some... but, I had to watch a lot of my peers/managers get walked out. This company didn't seem to have a team mentality when I was there. I didn't get much help from Senior folks, either. You really have to hit the ground running here.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Too many to list, unfortunately
Fast paced and stressful
Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 3, 2017
Many projects on your plate at one time. Seem to like quantity over quality. Date driven and not quality driven. Cut a lot of corners. Terrible health insurance with very few if any merit increases.
Nice place to work for
IP Technician (Ethernet, Transport) (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COOctober 2, 2017
Very good company to work for with understanding management, like every IT many departments and many people most of them are collaborative and helpful.
Decent place to work, advancement opportunities limited
Planner, Business Operations (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COSeptember 30, 2017
Not a bad place to start out. Last couple of years job advancement opportunities have been limited, salary freezes are commonplace.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Not for everyone.
Customer Service / Conflict Resolution (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO & Tulsa, OKSeptember 26, 2017
Level 3 is not a bad place to work. The only thing is once you get in to this kind of career there is always the chance some company out there is ready to buy it. The hardest part of my job was them stacking new processes on us without warning and without help.
Pros
They do offer free lunch once a month if not more. Good people around you.
Cons
Dealing with all the other departments that don't know anything.
A company that is failing slowly
Account Director - Government Markets (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2017
It's hard to thrive in a company with sinking revenues and yearly layoffs. Culture of cronyism is well established. My manager was totally incompetent.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
culture, management, outlook, people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Level 3 Communications. Our community is ready to answer.