Level Five Careers is working with a leading manufacturer of products for the home construction and remodeling market to identify and recruit a new Supplier Quality Engineer for their facility outside Minneapolis. This position has been created as the result of the company’s growth and continued dominance in their market, and presents an excellent opportunity for a career with an outstanding company.
As a Supplier Quality Engineer, you will:
- appropriately apply lean tools and benchmark others, with quantified results, in a way that most effectively and rapidly improves the aggressive profitable sustainable growth of our business.
- Improve Performance of the Supply base by leading Supplier Corrective Action Request (SCAR) process and the Non Conforming Material (NCM) Process.
- Work with and educate (if needed) our suppliers when it comes to root cause corrective action and use of quality improvement tools. * Hold accountability to the suppliers to specifications for components.
- Assist in driving quality improvements from the supply base so that quality can be a competitive advantage within the product industry.
- Use Lean Manufacturing techniques and tools in conjunction with Quality Tool use to get best and fastest results
- Be a teacher/trainer with internal teams to spread the depth and breadth of quality tools within the organization
- Be an integral part of quality team linking design issues to supplier and line issues
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, or a related technical field with 3+ year’s progressively responsible experience in quality engineering; possess expertise in Statistical Process Control, Design of Experiments, and Supplier Quality Specifications, solid knowledge of ISO 9001 and its relationship to quality functions, and proven application of continuous improvement methods, Lean Sigma, Value Engineering (VE) and Production Preparation Process (3P) events to assist/recommend quality improvements in processes/functions.
The employer offers an outstanding salary bonus and benefits, including a very substantial ESOP plan and a robust relocation package.
For immediate consideration, forward your resume to Don Gaze at Level Five Careers Inc. via the Indeed portal.