Are you looking for a chance to launch your career?
Leverage PR is growing—fast! And we need you to achieve our goals. We are a growing public relations firm with offices in Austin, TX and Seattle, WA specializing in working with companies in the financial services industry (specifically crowdfunding) as well as with high profile entrepreneurs. Our firm is perfectly positioned to experience massive growth in the coming years due to the passage of the JOBS Act and legalization of Crowdfund Investing. We would like you to join us and grow your career as rapidly as we grow! The Principal has taken startups to the INC list in under 2 years and is setting Leverage PR up for the same type of growth.
We are looking for a one of a kind Account Manager with at least 3 years of public relations experience to help manage accounts for our rapidly growing Austin office. This position allows you to work from home most days in the beginning. As we need to pitch reporters on the East Coast you will need to start at 7:30 am some days when you are pitching.
This role has amazing potential for growth for the right person. Our accounts are very high profile—giving you the opportunity to build your portfolio with exceptional coverage! We have regular contributing opportunities already lined up with TechCrunch, VentureBeat and other high profile publications you will work on. We work with clients in a verity of industries from finance, technology, clean-tech, real estate and many other industries. Our clients are often hyper-growth organizations on the cutting edge of their industries.
Are you the one?
We are only looking for ambitious individuals who are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. We need creative writers that can think up great ideas and stories about our clients. Deadlines can be tight and news happens at the drop of a hat—so you must be willing to work well under pressure, and NEVER miss a deadline.
We work with a large amount of entrepreneurs so a love of entrepreneurship is a must. Experience and success pitching to the media and managing accounts required. Candidates with proven media connections are preferred. Familiarity with business operations or startups is an added bonus we would love. Individuals who have worked with technology or financial services companies are preferred but it is not required. Please let us know in your cover letter if you have worked with Central Desktop or another collaborative platform in the past.
- Writing will be the main part of your job, so ability to think up creative angles and excellent written communication is a must.
- Managing all aspects of high profile accounts—2 at first then moving up to 3 within 6 months.
- To help formulate pitches and sell media on why our clients are a good fit.
- To make new press contacts and build solid relationships.
- Assign and manage workflow in Central Desktop for multiple accounts.
- Lots of writing. You will be writing 4 to 5 articles for clients a week.
- MUST MEET DEADLINES.
- Track results of client articles and report to clients.
- Administrative duties many be needed from time to time.
- Manage client interview schedules.
- Apply for speaking engagements and awards on behalf of our clients.
- Managing Account Executive and Jr Account Executives on your team.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Staying on top of industry developments and coming up with creative angles for pitches. We are looking for a story teller to share our client’s story.
- Writing and emailing pitches to reporters.
- Calling members of the media, pitching them on new stories.
- Writing blog posts for Leverage PR and clients.
- Set and monitor media alerts for trending topics related to clients.
- Track news coverage, pull key information for reporting (such as logos, advertising rates and readership stats).
- Edit and proof documents in AP style.
- Build close working relationships at all levels; within the agency, within client organizations, and with the media.
- Conduct some administrative tasks as needed-Must have a willing to do anything it takes to help kind of attitude.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- An investigating, intelligent and analytical mind.
- Impeccable editing and grammar skills.
- First class communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Business acumen and credibility.
- Natural analytical and strategic thought process.
- Written and numerical excellence.
- Demonstrable and effective time management skills.
- Experience working virtually a plus.
- Self-starter, mature and high levels of responsibility.
- Works well with little supervision.
- Works well under pressure.
- Passion for delivering results.
- Natural interest in the strategy and thinking behind social media marketing.
- Creative thinker with factual analysis skills.
If you looking for an opportunity to help really grow a company and grow your career, we would love to hear from you.
Please send resume, salary requirements and samples of past writing you have done as well as list of media coverage you have secured in the last 12 months. Please include a salary range--as we will just have to email you and ask for one, if you don't.
More information about our company can be found at the links below.
*Applicants that connect with us socially get noticed