The Administrative Assistant will support the Leverage PR staff in a fast paced – sometimes frenetic environment – where meeting deadlines is imperative. As an indispensable resource you will be providing proactive support and ensuring operations are running smoothly. This is a full-time position and must have a minimum of 3-5 years of administrative experience working with senior executives.
General Job Description:
- High attention to detail: Proofs all outgoing communications (internal and external) to ensure all details are provided. If financial information is listed, ensures that all numbers are correct, the communication is clear, correct spelling and grammar is used, etc. You will be our last line of defense against typos and must have impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills: Able to manage schedules, field scheduling, plan and coordinate meetings/events in both iCal and Outlook. Keeps pace and able to keep them on-schedule. Manage expenses including creation of expense reports and tracking payment, manage timesheets (if needed.)
- Proactive, positive and strong follow-through: A self-starter who is constantly looking for ways to provide better support and greater efficiencies to his or her reports. Is able to multitask, has a positive can-do attitude and can handle matters independently and without guidance. Thinks ahead to ensure travel, meetings, etc. will run smoothly. Is not easily flustered by situations, can make quick, though rational, decisions and feels comfortable being held accountable for such decisions.
- Highly Professional: Able to clearly focus on task, articulate and present a professional image of the organization whether in person or on the phone. May need to assist his/her managers with correspondence that may sometimes require finesse.
Additional administrative tasks and responsibilities:
- Know his/her managers’ whereabouts at all times and manage managers’ time, keeping them organized.
- Telephone coverage: answer phones, take accurate messages, and handle urgent/confidential calls with appropriate judgment.
- Possible client interaction with high-level Executives: act as liaison with clients and their assistants.
- Maintain and proactively “own” EVP’s calendar, schedule all meetings and conference calls, field e-mails and phone calls requesting meetings, handle meeting conflicts and prioritization issues.
- Coordinate client outings, dinner, meetings, etc.
- Expenses: prepare and submit all expense reports on a timely basis
- Correspondence, memos and presentations: prepare presentation and meeting materials; maintain filing system, correspondence, documents and personal files, send and retrieve digital and inbound faxes, open and distribute mail, sort and prioritize, arrange messenger and overnight package services.
- Navigate Firm’s resources: interface with various departments on behalf of managers to collect information, respond to requests, etc.
In addition to the above, the ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- Proven successes as an Administrative or Executive Assistant with a minimum of 3-5 years of administrative experience working with senior executives.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook; must be truly competent with PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proven experience managing and “owning” Outlook and iCal calendars for senior level executives and thinking ahead to ensure everything runs smoothly.
- Strong multitasking skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), with the ability to recap meetings articulately and send email recaps which are grammatically correct.
- Discretion and maturity given this person will be privy to confidential information.
- Degree not needed if you possess strong skills and have good references.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment without getting flustered.
- Must be customer service oriented, diplomatic, motivated, and able to work and problem solve resourcefully and independently but know when to ask for help.
- Adaptive to changing environments. Has a “can do” approach to work.
- Is excited and motivated by working in a fast-paced, fun environment.
- Experience in a marketing/advertising/PR agency environment is a plus but not required.
- Must have a strong attention to detail and a pride in work that is free from errors.
For the right person this position could turn into an office manager within a few years. We are looking for a right-hand person. This position can be 30 or 40 hours.
If you looking for an opportunity to help really grow a company and grow your career, we would love to hear from you.
Pay is $12 to $13 per hour DOE
More information about our company can be found at the links provided below. Connect with us socially to learn more. Social Likes and Follows will help get you noticed:
Indeed - 16 months ago