Are you looking for a chance to launch your career?
Leverage PR is growing—fast! And we need you to achieve our goals. We are a growing public relations firm in Austin, TX specializing in working with companies in the financial services industry (specifically crowdfunding) as well as with high profile entrepreneurs. Our firm is perfectly positioned to experience massive growth in the coming years due to the passage of the JOBS Act and legalization of Crowdfund Investing. We would like you to join us and grow your career as rapidly as we grow! The Principal has taken startups to the Inc. list in under 2 years and is setting Leverage PR up for the same type of growth.
We are looking for a one of a kind Financial Writer with at least 3 years of writing experience. This role has amazing potential for growth for the right person. You will write for accounts ranging from smaller crowdfunding clients looking to drive awareness about their business ideas, to very high profile clients looking for exceptional content to be placed in top tier media outlets! We have regular contributing opportunities already lined up with TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Huffington Post and other high profile publications you will work on. We also have some crowdfunding clients needing content developed for press releases, blogs and other online media outlets. We work with clients in a verity of industries from finance, technology, clean-tech, real estate and many other industries. Our clients are often hyper-growth organizations on the cutting edge of their industries. This position is flexible, ranging from full-time to part-time.
Are you the one?
We are only looking for ambitious individuals who are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. We need strong financial writers who can also be creative and think up great ideas and stories about our clients. Deadlines can be tight and news happens at the drop of a hat—so you must be willing to work well under pressure and NEVER miss a deadline. As you will be writing on behalf of our clients, attention to detail and perfect spelling and grammar is a must.
Familiarity with business operations or startups is an added bonus we would love. Individuals who have and understanding of financial services are preferred.
Writing will be the main part of your job, so the ability to develop intelligent well-written financial/investing content is a must.
- The ability to think up creative angles and provide excellent public relations content and/or media pitches is also needed.
- Should possess a solid knowledge of the investment management and capital planning process including knowledge of things like equity and debt financing, venture capital, angel investing, crowdfund investing and public/private financing.
- Lots of writing is required. You will be writing 4 to 5 articles for clients a week, several pitches and/or help to write or edit press releases/pitches for some of our high profile clients and smaller crowdfunding clients and/or our clients on our CrowdBuilder platform.
- Must stay in the loop about ongoing trends and issues facing the financial and investing sector.
- Must possess a strong financial writing portfolio.
- Must have strong attention to detail and ensure that all written communications are grammatically correct and error free.
- MUST MEET DEADLINES.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Staying on top of industry developments and coming up with creative angles for pitches and/or content for articles and press releases.
- Writing, editing and proofing articles, content, blogs, press releases and email pitches.
- Editing and proofing documents in AP style.
- Double-checking content to ensure that all content is absolutely error free.
- Actively contributing ideas to enhance materials.
- Staying on top of news and ongoing trends in the financial, investing and crowdfunding sectors.
- Gathering relevant context, researching topics and/or conducting interviews with clients to gain any insights needed for developing strong content.
- Self-starter, mature and high levels of responsibility.
- Works well with little supervision.
- Works well under pressure.
- Passion for delivering results.
- Natural interest in the strategy and thinking behind social media marketing.
- Creative thinker with factual analysis skills.
If you looking for an opportunity to help really grow a company and grow your career, we would love to hear from you.
Please send resume, salary requirements and samples of past writing you have done within the last 12 months. Please include a salary range--as we will just have to email you and ask for one, if you don't.
More information about our company can be found at the links below.
*Applicants that connect with us socially get noticed