Levi, Ray and Shoup, Inc. Employee Reviews

Would of like to worked as employee as opposed to a consultant
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 1, 2017
Good company with a very wide based of relationships with other companies. The consulting is satisfactory, but working as an employee would have been the preferred position.
Pros
aggressive management
Cons
lack of holidays and vacations
Did nothing but wright specs for the SAP people working on the new syste,
Business Analyst Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 26, 2017
I would review all reports and the wright specs for the SAP people so they could create them in the new system. These reports were vary important because they where going to the government.
Pros
The job paid well and day were busy.
Cons
Some of the reports I was evaluation ere not streight forward.
Marketing
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILDecember 5, 2016
I worked temporary for this company and then was hired on full time. I was pregnant and the time and was having a lot of difficulty, therefore I had to resign my position due to be put on bed rest.

I would get marketing packets ready, work on time sheets, answer phones and other office duties.
Good Consulting Firm
Technical Support (Tier 2) Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 2, 2016
A great team to work with. They stand by their consultants and are willing to listen. Salary and expense reimbursement handled with ease.
Pros
Easy on-boarding process.
Cons
No complaints.
Terrible place to work
Sales engineer (Former Employee) –  midwestAugust 28, 2015
They are all about the money and it shows. Worst experience ever.

I would never recommend this place to my worst enemy.

they are just another fly by the night recruiting scum bag company. The are just like all the others IMO.
Good company
Lead Executive Level Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 30, 2015
Great company to work for. Very happy with the job they found for me. Everyone is always willing to help and everyone has an open door policy.
Strong Company
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 11, 2015
Levi Ray Shoup is a recruiting firm based in Illinois. I worked with the office in Overland Park, KS. They are a respectable company who I would like to work for again
Lrs
Citrix Architect (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2015
LRS worked seamlessly to secure a position that I could showcase my skills
Overall an outstanding company to work for
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 24, 2014
Although the job title is business analyst, it offers many opportunities to do development work. I work for a division that implements pension software to governmental entities. I will analyze requirements develop design documents and implement the solutions designed. The work environment is overall very good. My coworkers are knowledgeable, experienced, and good at what they do. Management is good as well. The genuinely care for staff although a better job could be done in listening to feedback. My only reason for seeking other employment is that the workload has evolved from the development of solutions to analysis and design. Basically a shift from emphasis on the developer aspect of the job to the business analyst aspect of the job.
Technologically sound environment with a focus on client satisfaction and support
Retirement Systems Specialist - Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 12, 2014
My days consisted of communicating my client's needs to project manager and software programmers as well as communicating issue resolution and training back to the client.

My co-workers were extremely knowledgeable very helpful and supportive.

The hardest part of my job was actually one of the most enjoyable parts - being a remote employee and client support analyst
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Working from home
Great company to work for. Great management - easy to get along with
Change Control Analyst I (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 9, 2014
Great company to work for. Great management - easy to get along with
Contract Placement
Contract Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 6, 2014
LRS placed me with a large insurance company headquartered in Bloomington, IL as a Contract Management Specialist to assist with a massive contract clean-up for the company. The position was on contract to last only the duration of the clean-up process.

I felt the financial compensation generous and was not entirely disappointed with not being given sick leave or paid time off. Any problems that I had were dealt with quickly and professionally and I found LRS staff to be extremely helpful and friendly.

The job I was placed at presented a very unique and complex set of challenges as I was expected to take the company's contracts; not uniform in wording and input the contract data into a system which needed to be customized based on each contract.

Though the work was challenging at times, I left this placement feeling quite confident that the needed data from the contracts was captured in a way that would help the company's employees perform their jobs more proficiently.
Pros
Ability to set hours within reason; fair wage
Cons
Short term assignment
24-hour schedule
Seasonal Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 6, 2013
As an intern I worked 8 to 5 at first, but the crazy 10 hour shift schedule can wear you down quick.
Great communication, quick issue resolution
Senior Application Engineer (Lead) (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 7, 2013
I was placed at a firm by LRS. The account rep had EXCELLENT communication, even when there were hiccups in the process. They even took responsibility for the hiccups and made things right. That's refreshing in an age when companies usually try to pass the blame around.

So far, it seems like they did an awesome job of pairing me with this employer, and they're still checking in on me on a regular basis to see how things are going. I'd recommend LRS to anyone looking for contract/temp IT work.
Exceded my expectations
Consultant (Current Employee) –  St Louis, MOFebruary 13, 2013
LRS worked on my behalf for finding just the right employment for me. They have kept in contact with me giving me status updates regularly.
So Far So Good ...
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 7, 2013
I have been with LRS as a consultant for 5 months. I have found them to be very responsive to any questions or issues I've had. I recently visited HQ and was very impressed with everyone I met including the owner.
Pros
large interesting company in a small company profile
Great Place to work
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 7, 2013
Enjoy the co-workers, management, and the standards in place. It is a good company, strong financially, and I have a good work/life balance.
Pros
good benefits, approachable management, and good team work
Cons
like any other company some policies will add work or slow you down; however, this is going to happen anywhere you work
Excellent so far
Automation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILFebruary 7, 2013
I've been with LRS for about 4 months now and have only had pleasant experiences so far. Management is friendly and professional while also maintaining a close relationship with our team. Nothing but good things to say so far!
Easy going and extremely helpful
Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 7, 2013
The on-boarding process was easy and my recruiter was there every step of the way. Great turn-around time when getting information to me. Everyone is so helpful and they are there when I have questions. I would definitely recommend LRS to a perspective consultant.
Pros
friendly, responsive
Cons
i work remotely so i can't meet anyone in person!
Professional and Accomodating Organization
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2013
I am a seasoned technical/financial professional and needed a position that would fit my years of experience. My resume was posted and once an LRS Recruiter contacted me, I was prepped for my interview and was hired within weeks in one of the best positions of my career with great support from the organization. Great recruiting company!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Levi, Ray and Shoup, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4