Levi Strauss & Co.

Levi Strauss & Co. Employer Reviews

Great Place To Work At
Sales Lead (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 30, 2015
Levi's was my first real job and glimpse into excellent customer service. Our manager and supervisors were extremely supportive and efficient making for a fun work environment. They stressed the importance of catering to the customers needs for an enjoyable shopping experience. It was very organized and fast paced due to the large number of tourists as well as locals that flooded the store daily. I enjoyed every single day I was there.
Good Company with lot of history
Incident Manager / TWS Job Scheduler (Current Employee), Westlake, TXMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
I loved working for Levi's. Learned a lot and made many, many life long friends. Enjoyed working for Levi's. Great Company to work but it's time to move on.
Life and times at Levi Strauss & Co
Sys Admin/TripwireTranee/Mstr Scheduler (Current Employee), Westlake, TexasMarch 25, 2015
Pros: dress code, very relaxed.. after all we were the historical Jean company
Cons: Getting laid off
I began with this company almost 20 years ago as a Production Control Analyst and have worked my way up to System Administrator and Tripwire Support Trainee. I was the only Scheduler for all of Levi Strauss Globally and helped initiate many new applications/servers/software etc over my years here. I have worked with some awesome people over these years near and afar and will miss them deeply. After this many years together it's like a big family.
Now it's time for a new chapter in my life as with so many of my co-workers due to layoffs and out sourcing. I am a loyal employee and would have stayed until I retired. However I did not have that choice.
They took a chance on me 20 years ago when I decided to get back into IT after 3 years away. I will forever be greatful to the Levi's I knew.
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 16, 2015
Checked in and out patients worked with 6 APN scheduled Procedures and Test .Insurance Pre authorizations. scheduled large volume patients for cancer infusion appt,
Fun and energetic company to work for.
Sales and Service Manager (Former Employee), Reno, NVMarch 11, 2015
Directed and supervised employees and engaged in sales, inventory management, and provided service to customers.
Managed upwards of 10 employees.
Increased customer retention by 55% month over month by implementing a new record keeping strategy into daily routine.
Organized monthly floor set changes and sale display set up.
Personnel Development
Manager, Global Merchandise Planning (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 10, 2015
The company continues to provide lateral move opportunities for both personal and professional development of its employees. This includes moving around outside of one's primary skill position.
Gave me good retail experience
Stylist/Sales (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 28, 2015
I worked at this job the longest. It was fun at times and I really liked the people I worked with. They didn't give the best hours which made it kind of not fun to work there but other than that it was a good job.
productive and efficient
Stylist (Current Employee), Woodburn, OregonFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: very fun work environment, open door policy, understanding and professional management, amazing employee discount, lots of opportunity for growth
Cons: not a lot of room for simple human error, difficult to take care of personal matters that may conflict with work
A typical day at work involves coming in ready and willing to flex and adapt to the environment, consumers, and traffic. Management leads us well, tells us what our goals should be and explains what retail trends to expect. Management is great as far as being professional and enjoyable to work under. Fellow stylists and stock employees are all with you in striving to make the best experience for a consumer. Hours are based on availability and performance (the better you do, the more hours you recieve) so it's good if you're doing well but also can become difficult to deal with personal issues when you work so much. It's so gratifying to help people and be able to use the knowledge you have to be able to provide the best customer experience someone has ever had. It's also very cool to see the different kinds of consumers that love the company and to meet them and become their friend for a short time.
Great company with strong beliefs in giving back to their employees and community.
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee), Providence, RIFebruary 24, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is every day is different, meeting new people and working with the best team I have ever worked with.
job duties
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Commerce, GAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: working with people
Cons: working short hours
working in sales enviroment,,taking care of customers and the needs,providing knowledge and history of product being sold as well as meet&greet customers
Company changes offen
Account Management Specialist/Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Eugene, ORFebruary 11, 2015
Company treats employees well. Overall pay is slightly low. Benefits are good. Co-workers are great. Company is going through major change.
They say Levi's is life, what a life that is -- Oy!
Supervisor/ManagerG (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: hour long lunch breaks.
Cons: minimal work-life balance, no career growth.
As at most retail places, there are plenty of politics at Levi Strauss & Co.
However, a lot more so with this company.
There is no career advancement to speak of (unless you are within a clique) as there is no learning and training plan.
Everything is reactive instead of proactive, and it will ultimately be your fault when things were beyond your control anyway.
Absolutely terrible place for morale.
Excellent
Machine Operator/Inspector (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 28, 2015
Enjoyed my job, until the Plant Closed. Levis Strauss. was a machine operator. Inspector.
Fast Paced
AMI Bander (Former Employee), Mountain City, TNJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great benefits and bonuses
Cons: hard to meet prodcution to make extra money
A typical day at work could be a challenge to meet production. I learned that if you apply the waist band to the jeans wrong it can alter the size of the jeans. There were some coworkers that were great. The hardest part of the job was meeting production because it dropped constantly especially when you went to lunch. The most enjoyable was learning something new.
Loved the company ideology
Visuals Coordinator, Retail Associate (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: the people i worked with were stellar and a lot of foreigners came in which i enjoyed tremendously.
Cons: the air conditioner was broken for almost a full year and it is always summer in texas.
Visuals coordinator conducts store walkthroughs with the General Manager as needed to discuss all interior visual displays. Also works with a visuals team to ensure quality execution of the Levis branding throughout the store. Participated as a sales associate team member to achieve store goals while surpassing individual sales quotas. Performed cashier duties and answered questions regarding the store and product, while maintaining knowledge of current sales and store promotions. Multitasking and flexibility are the two most important strengths learned from experience at Levi Strauss.
Productive fun
Stylist (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Woodburn, ORJanuary 18, 2015
It was awesome. I wasn't there long just seasonal. I learned new things about levi jeans and how to measure people for pants. Jean inventory. Working on black Friday was actually a blast. Management was incredible. People i worked with where awesome. Never had a problem working at levi's.
fun workplace
sales associate (Former Employee), Calexico, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: contests, gifts, rewards, discounts, 401k
Cons: short breaks
we have denim all over the place, and we perfect foldem every day but i dont care. this has been my best job ever thanks to levis i love retail and definetely the management there is the best ever, every day i learn something, all of them listen to you, your concerns, your problems, your doubts, everything.

they make sure that the team is a family and they care about them.

everyone helps each other and all of theme are really committed with the brand.

about the brand is an awesome brand i dont have anythiing bad to say, and actually i can write all day long telling you all the good thinbgs that i discover.
Productive environment
WAREHOUSE CLERK (Former Employee), Canton, MSJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: ability to learn new skills
Cons: long hours
Long hours, but great work environment. Afforded the opportunity to learn all areas of the warehouse.
Productive fun environment
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: discount on food and levi' products
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work would be a fast pace, productive and fun.
I learned to work under pressure when I'm left alone to work in the back. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I got to be visual and be on the sales floor to help customers out. My co-workers are very positive and ambitious. They are great people with a lot of enthusiasm
Guided customers from beginning to end on their sales journey
Stylist (Former Employee), Time SquareJanuary 1, 2015
Cons: in the heart of time square.
Levi's was a rapid paced job where we received people from all over the world, because Levi's brand is known world wide selling jeans wasn't the difficult part. I learned to be patient with people, because everyone came in all shapes and sizes. Helping people is rewarding, and loved to see people leave with a smile on there face. The hardest part was seeing people leave our store empty handed and couldn't find anything they liked. The best part about my job was my co-workers we were a family, I spent most of my days at work, my co-workers kept me going when days were long and slow.

1 2 3 4 5

About Levi Strauss & Co.

Yes, Levi Strauss & Co. (LS&CO.) has jeans, but it gets the casual workday wardrobe, inside and out. A global manufacturer of – Read more

Levi Strauss & Co. Photos