Levi Strauss & Co. Employee Reviews

I really love the atmosphere at my job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2017
Working at Levi's has been amazing. Especially because I just moved here from a little town in North Carolina and my coworkers, honestly, make me feel like I never left home. The atmosphere is amazing.
Great employee's with terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wrentham, MAMay 24, 2017
The management was very unprofessional and rude with both customers and their employees. The void between management and the rest of the employee's was very clear.
Worst Job Ever
Main Cashier/ Sales Associate/ Sales Stylist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2017
This company is the worst company I have ever worked for. They only care about making sales and don't even care to pay commission or reward those who work harder than others.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
No incentives
Fun place to work in. Get to meet a lot of different people.
Lead Cashier/ Visuals Team (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2017
Knowledge of the history of the company. You learn what best fits your body. Coworkers were really fun. A lot of group activities and lots of tourists.
Pros
Free clothes
Cons
Very very strict about meeting sales
Great place to work especially for first retail job
Team Look and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 22, 2017
Had a grand time working here. I learned a lot and the people that worked there also were a golden group of people to be alongside. Most enjoyable part was the interactions between customers and fellow coworkers. Hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers. Other than that, the job was very straight forward. Do your job and everything will be just fine. Other than a couple Managers that would give you a hard time about irrelevant things. I had a great experience with some killer managers. (Killer=awesome)
decent/easy job.
Stylist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 18, 2017
you learn how to perfect fold jeans, fold shirts perfectly. must be perfect or you must refold all over again. perfect close every night which means all the walls must be PERFECT!
Pros
bathroom in the back instead of having to use to mall bathrooms outside the store
Cons
short breaks, always having to ask permission to leave the floor and usually get scolded
Decent workplace
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 18, 2017
Good employee culture, but low pay compared to competitors. No commission on sales, and a computer-organized scheduling system which did not work as well as a person would.
Loved
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 17, 2017
There was always work. The benefits were amazing. The bosses would level with you and treat you like a human. I loved every thing about this job. I wish i could have stayed longer.
Pros
Cons
working every day for a month
Low hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TXMay 15, 2017
It's customer service, what do you expect? At my store there was no room for advancement and the job eventually gets boring. If you get cool co workers you'll be ok.
Pros
Free items sometimes
Cons
low hours
Fun workplace
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSMay 15, 2017
I really like the job the workplace is very friendly and nice there always ask for your suggestions on things it's a great place to work at very goods
Great experience. Good people.
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYMay 15, 2017
Long days with a lot of and great learning's. A union environment that can be stressful sometimes but we always seem to work out a solution. The management has always been a hard working group who know how to get the job done. The almost 20 years I have been here we have always been the largest Distribution facility shipping more product than the others.
All politics all the time.
Director Merchandising Women's (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 14, 2017
A hard place to work if you are results/action oriented. The organization requires one to spend more time getting others to sign off than actually accomplishing work that will achieve growth. They are also known for hiring and laying off with headcounts just another number on the budget sheet.
Strong Leader in Retail
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 13, 2017
Great company to work for- very people driven
Community responsive
Works toward net positive results
Good amount of work/life balance
Strong benefit package
Loved it!
Stylist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 12, 2017
Probably one of the best places I've worked. Such a good company, not only because of the high quality product, but also the values of the company. You get to meet all kinds of people and are introduced to several types of fashion.
Pros
Employee discount, benefits, flexible schedule.
Cons
short shifts
Depends on who you know...
Visual Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 4, 2017
HORRIBLE AC conditions. Always kept temperatures extremely cold.
The management as far as UPPER management was always a delight to work with, overall a good "summer or high school job"
Pros
Night hours?
Cons
Cold always, not a lot of open room for constructive advise.
Best job ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMay 4, 2017
One of the greatest jobs i ever had. Absolutely loved it. Wish i was still there. Managers were the best. Coworkers were like family. The pay couldve been a little better but everything else was fine
Wonderful
Merchandising Manager Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 2, 2017
Great place to work. Lots of room for advancement. Great benefits. Very accepting of the LBGT community. Highly recommended. Would still work there if they didn't close the office I worked in.
Disney Benefits and a Cool Location
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 1, 2017
If you can't sell a woman with three kids a pair of 90 dollar jeans, three 30 dollar t-shirts, a 90 dollar dress, plus a 120 dollar customized jacket, do not work here! The store is expected to meet certain sales quotas.
Be prepared to spend all day either swamped with customers or constantly fidgeting with t-shirts and jeans out of pure boredom. Have to be good at socializing, be bubbly! Being bilingual would be a definite plus, a big issue I had was that I couldn't understand half of the families who came in because I didn't understand Spanish well.
Disney OP benefits differ from store to store, we got limited visiting benefits for ourselves and discounts in some stores and restaurants. You have to meet Disney criteria as well as Levi's, no funky hair, no extravagant tattoos or piercings, though you can get away with more here than you would as an official Disney employee. Food breaks can be taken upstairs, there's four different food/drink machines, plus the surplus of food vendors, provided you can get to them and back in the allotted time, normally half an hour.
Pros
Great location, limited Disney benefits!
Cons
Be ready to work with international tourists, sales quotas.
No benefits, Terrible Management
Denim Specialist (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCApril 29, 2017
I don't speak for all of the company just at my location, We are not allowed to speak to one another on the sales floor even if no potential customer is in the store. There are absolutely no benefits of any kind (any worthwhile ones) we do have a 401k and some Levi's investment fund thing that isn't worth your time.
Pros
Free Item every month we make plan up to $100 MSRP, 40% off everything in store.
Cons
Management, I had more freedom in the military than working here.
Great job! Awesome people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXApril 28, 2017
Awesome work environment, great people, flexibility, good pay. Management is awesome, people are friendly and always pay attention to detail. Always striving to create an awesome work environment!
Pros
Good people, good pay
Cons
Lack of hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Levi Strauss & Co.. Our community is ready to answer.