Levin Furniture Employee Reviews

busy satisfying position
Office Assistant (Current Employee), West Mifflin, PAMay 10, 2015
Pros: discount on purchases
Cons: retail hours not adjusted accordingly
The company is a wonderful company, the owner is amazing and very generous... The choice of office management is less than satisfactory. Unable to comply with the benefits of full time employees as opposed to part-time. Lacking in the ability to create a schedule that shows where the Full and Part-time associates belong.
they can do better
Not Applicable (Former Employee), Smithton, PADecember 2, 2014
Pros: easygoing, not strenuous
Cons: pay, poor management
the company turned into an almost endless bureaucracy not unlike the federal government. the bosses will not stand up for the workers beneath them because they are only worried about their own image. the compensation is laughable, in order to make any money you would need to work there 20+ years, unless you work on delivery, where you will make decent money. i had a very positive attitude when i started, after a number of years however, i realized Levin's is a company only out for itself. The moment where i lost any hope of making a career at Levin's was when my supervisor told me, "You are doing a fantastic job. Everyone I talk to has nothing but good things to say about you and how well you do the job, but we can't pay you more just because you do a better job. We don't want money to cloud your judgement." There is no incentive to do a good job. Why would go above and beyond and stress yourself for no reward? you will get your 30 cent raise every year and that is it.
Educational for sales experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Avon, OHOctober 21, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: long hours, difficult sales opportunities, too many associates
Very long hours with many days with no customer traffic. Although this job was close to home is was not effective for my family. I had a few situations with coworkers and management that was not deemed appropriate or handled properly. I appreciate the sales experience I gained in the technical knowledge of understanding sales volume and spiffs earned. The requirements to achieve these aspects.
Love the Job
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Wexford, PASeptember 16, 2014
I love my job at Levins, the only down fall is the inconsistency. Sometimes its crazy busy sometimes its crazy slow. The management team is amazing and the people are great. Its 100% commission so the inconsistency makes it tough.
upper management needs to get it together
Sales Representative (Current Employee), West Mifflin, PASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: good adversiting
Cons: bad decision making
they take forever to make any type of serious decision making. There is no connection between what is going on between upper and lower level management.
It is a family environment, but at the same time the schedule makes it impossible to get any free time to be with your family.
If you don't hit your numbers, your done. You must a true salesmen to make it here. IF you can talk to people and learn fast this is the place to make some serious money.
FUN PLACE TO WORK
Secretary (Former Employee), PITTSBURGH, PAJune 7, 2014
Pros: advancement, benefits, fun
IT WAS A LONG TIME AGO, BUT IF I DIDN'T MOVE I STILL WOULD HAVE WORKED THERE, PLENTY OF ROOM TO GROW...DIFFERENT STORES TO MOVE TO AND GREAT PEOPLE TO WORK FOR.
Great company and Excellent work place to develope my skills in customer service.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Bedford, OHFebruary 8, 2014
Friendly work place and team work. Enjoyed helping customers and teaching co-workers what I learned.
Productive work place
Delivery (Former Employee), Smithton, PAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefits
Cons: laid off
Time management customer service skills are the most important here. You had a time window frame to deliver each stop and move on.
JUST OK!!
Office Associate (Former Employee), Wexford, PASeptember 10, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: no training, unhappy customers
They are helpful when they want to be. I was not trained properly on a lot of things that I should have been trained on.
Wonderful atmosphere, Working with Customers
Office Manager (Former Employee), West Mifflin, PASeptember 2, 2013
Pros: periodic dinners brought in
Cons: days too short at times
I enjoyed the interaction with my office girls and customers. We kept the office running smoothly, and assisted all customers with understanding, and wanted to make sure they had a one on one experience.
Save yourself. Get out before you start!
Support staff (Current Employee), OhioApril 19, 2013
Pros: good discount
Cons: pay sucks, hours suck
Management does not appreciate the work you do. So much drama and BS. Employees are treated like they're disposable. The raises are generally .25. The hours are rediculous. LONG hours, always til 9pm and every weekend. You're also expected to work earlier and later when there are special sales. The company puts itself and their improvement before you and your family, etc.
Its what you make of it.
Deliver Driver Helper (Former Employee), Smithton, PAFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: working for the managers
The company is all about money and does not care about what the employees say. They find ways to not pay bonuses that are promised to you. I learned how to deal with management that is spinless and will not stick up for their own employees, and how to be be taken advantage of. The delivery team can make good money if you are lucky. Busting your butt does nothing to improve you position in the company. If you don't mind working long hours, not knowing when you will be home, having a paycheck that goes up and down from week to week, all in the hopes of making some money, then this is your place. The only good thing is that the guys who work there are awesome.
ok workplace
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Canton, OHFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: no lay offs
Cons: no breaks for delivery
good company to work for,does not lay off.management isn't always easy to work with.have to carry furniture into residential homes,not damaging homes and have good customer service as well.Not very much opportunity for advancement.
Decent Job Terrible Pay
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Smithton, PANovember 17, 2012
Pros: steady work with overtime
Cons: terrible pay for the work you are doing
Temps are paid the same as full time employees but are exempt from working on machines.
Great place to work and grow!
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee), Smithton, PAOctober 10, 2012
Pros: levins is one of the best companies you could ever work for.
Levin Furniture is a company that values its employees. Most of the culture is based on family values.
modrrn day sweatshop
former employee (Former Employee), smithton warehouseAugust 14, 2012
Pros: paid company picnic
Cons: management only cres about theirselves and will fire you in a heartbeat if it makes them look better
managemant at warehouse shows major favortism and will work you to death . pay raises average .25-.30 cents an hr which you get after unfair evaluations. health insurance cant be afforded if you have a familyand management tells you overtime is manditory
long work days but the company cares about their employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAJune 14, 2012
Pros: free lunch, good co-workers
Cons: long weekend hours
the majority of the hours i received were during the weekend and would include 12 hour days both friday and saturday. I worked a customer service job that taught me patience and organization. The hardest part of the job was dealing with someone when they became angry. I learned to let go when upset by an unsatisfied customer, and move on to the next person in need. My co-workers couldn't have been nicer. No matter how busy things got, i knew i could count on someone helping out. Management was normally willing to work with individuals that were displeased and come to some sort of agreement. The best part of the job is that management was willing to put money back into the company and cared about the employees. For instance on a day when it was 90 degrees outside and the air conditioning went out they brought ice cream in for everyone, and always provided lunch and dinner on weekends.
Relaxed, caring and fun.
Support Staff (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 8, 2012
Pros: great discounts
Cons: more money
Levins was the best work place I had the pleasure of working. From co-worker to management, our store was a true team.

July 25, 2012

I am the former supervisor from the delivery department. I loved this job and the delivery teams are wonderful to work with. The management team is great to work with also!! I was with the company for 20 years and unfortunately relocating to another state and will miss the Levin family.

Headquarters