Levindale Hebrew Geriatric Center and Hospital

Levindale Hebrew Geriatric Center and Hospital Employer Reviews

Celebration of the residents for who they were.
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Baltimore, MarylandAugust 31, 2013
Pros: company picnic, employee appreciation day
Cons: upper mamagement changes, less involvement of staff when it came to decision making, healthcare changes.
The best part about the job was the residents and the animals. The residents had so much to teach me and so much love to give. I was eager to recieve their love and give mine. Doing things for them that you has the freedom to do early on in my employment was the most satisfying part of my job. Yes it was a Jewish facility but there were some patient – more... who did not keep kosher homes prior to coming into the facility. To someone who is transitioning if they wanted a shrimp or ham sandwich I was that person to give them that enjoyment. I had a resident who enjoyed a tongue sandwich or hard fried bacon. She knew she was dying and it was something she should not eat, but she said she may not have any say in when she dies but she does have say in what her last days will be like. The animals were therapy for the residents and the staff. They allow the residents to touch, show, and recieve unconditional love. Everyone who was an animal lover had their favorites, from the animals that lived at the facility to the ones who's owners were employees. It was a joy to see the faces of the residents as they enjoyed being at a place that was not their "home" but their determination to take it in stride and make the best of it. At the time to us and managment they were number one and the reason we were there. They were family to a lot of us. Yes I am no longer an employee after many many years there, but the memories are priceless and I was blessed to have worked there . – less
Productive and a nice place to work.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Baltimore,MAryland 21215April 8, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Its a very nice place to work. I get along well with all employees and managers. Im always on time for work. I im a reliable employee.
Innovative, caring healthcare provider--an Employer of Choice!
Director, Human Resources (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: dedication of management and staff to providing exceptional healthcare.
Cons: can't think of any
One of the first healthcare providers in Maryland to introduce and implement the Eden Alternative program. Genuinely cares about the staff, their growth, their ideas. Management team worked hard to ensure staff also had fun at work -- which is often difficult when you consider the challenges naturally inherent in a caregiver's day-to-day function.
Stimulating patient population with multiple co-morbidities
Physician Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 9, 2012
Pros: opportunity to actively manage complex medical situations
Cons: on some shifts, it is difficult to find break time.
PAs invested with high degree of responsibility for managing complex medical conditions addressing DM, infections, renal failure, coronary and respiratory failure, ventilators, TPN, and wounds from abdominal surgical complications and trauma.

Supervising physicians supportive in teaching and review of cases, but PAs expected to bring thought and competence – more... to the case reviews.

Most difficult part of the Levindale job is helping family members deal with terminal conditions of their loved ones. – less
Waste of time
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Baltimore mdNovember 27, 2012
Pros: co workers are good people
Cons: hours, managers, everything u can possibly name
Reminds me of highschool. Except its a bunch of adults talking about one another. No matter what department you work in Roomers are heard spread and talked about. Surprise this place is still up and running. Lack of supplies roaches lives in the dish room. They Crawl outta food storage boxes plates sliver ware and more... managers/supervisors they just – more... don't care and don't work overtime cause u wont get paid for it. My hours are never right. No hours if prn. They rather hire more people then use the ones they have. There's never enough food. They're unorganized have no consideration, everyone I came in contact with at levindale is always complaining about how's its not enough workers help food their check wasn't right they didn't put all the hours you work on your check then expect you to wait until the following two weeks. its always something.. Went from smiling everyday to frowning every time I walk in this place. No advancement. I wouldn't recommend this place to residents nor employees they just aren't right. They work you hard then the reward is basically kiss their butts – less
Needs to review management department
RN (Current Employee), Levindale Geriatric center- Baltimore MdNovember 8, 2012
Management needs to be trained in work productivity- poor communication skills to employees-no supplies to do job effectively- poor managed system- need to improve greatly to keep responsible staff!!!!!
Very nice patients, poor management
RN (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 31, 2012
Pros: excellent health insurance, benefits
Cons: lack of essential equipment and supplies, poor management
Was required to work extra hours and was put on salary so could not obtain overtime compensation. Essential equipment to do job not available despite repeated requests. Management of GNA's poor. Morale very poor.