Levindale Hebrew Geriatric Center and Hospital Employee Reviews

Very tight knit staff
Manager - Facilities & Plant Operations (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 2, 2017
A place not to pass with vast opportunity across the system. Will have a very big possibility on expanding in the near future. Work comes with a lot of perks and benefits.
Pros
Very homey
productive
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 30, 2017
Nice place to work. Love the people. Great people great people..great people great people.patients are awesome. Food is OK .people is great people is great
benefits
Cons
need more leadership
You've been warned!!!!
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 14, 2016
I worked there for 9 years. I don't know how I lasted this long but I did. You deal with harassing, crazy co-workers on a daily basis. If you want to keep your sanity don't work here.
Pros
The patients and cats are friendly. Benefits are not bad.
Cons
Coworkers are absolutely insane. Seriously.
Highly motivating and team spirited work place
Certified Geriatric Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Float poolJuly 13, 2016
A typical day at work to me was on a Tuesday afternoon that management organized an appraisal forum. My team in the wound care team was declared the winner team sequel to the rate of wound healing recorded on the Unit. Being the team leader, i got special award aside the group bonus award. More so, we were all (the group) treated to a special launch with the organization's CEO. It was really fun and gratifying.
it's ok
Transporter /Geriatric Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 3, 2016
Well I was there prn.Yes it was really my fuilt because i wasnt picking time up...I was in transport but we they only have small casees and you are at an appointment for 5 hours ....it gets crazy ..but just make sure you pick up time ...
Pros
prn
Cons
late appointment
what
House-Hold Host/Cook (Current Employee) –  baltimore MDSeptember 1, 2015
this job had not much joy to it ... looking fro somthing differnt hoping to find somthing better that pays good like them but more fullfuling
Fun place to work with supportive management and a place to grow and develop into your own
LPN (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 10, 2015
A typical day at work: prepare medications for my residents, prepare them for outside/inside appointments, I have learned from management to work on my own as a charge nurse, they have enriched me with the tools necessary to feel comfortable to work as an individual, my co-workers and I laugh all day and make our workload light as we enjoy the residents and their different personalities, the hardest part of the job is when a resident expires, enjoyable part of the job is seeing the residents smile.
Pros
able to make own schedule
Cons
staff shortage
Surprising Experience
Jack of all trades master of none (Former Employee) –  BelvedereApril 6, 2014
I worked here for 2 years what I noticed is that the magical words there is "I don't know". Seems no one knows anything other than direct you to the next person that perhaps can help and if they can't they will direct you to the next. By the time you get your answer your so exhausted it doesn't matter.

Sick time policies are concerning. You supposedly accrue12 sick days a year but after calling out 3 or 4 times you receive verbal and written warnings until your 9th time when you are fired. This policy is totally ridiculous and I wonder if it is even legal to be honest. If you have the time then why get into trouble for using it. I can see being written up if you use up all your time and have none left and are calling out sick or if you are calling out sick once a week or a certain trend is noticed by your supervisor where you call out sick every Monday or Friday. I have never worked in a place with such a policy and quite frankly it may be the main reason why I looked for another job and resigned because I constantly lived in fear of being sick and having to call out so I would come to work sick as a dog. This policy basically ensures that most employees will be written up during their career here and force themselves to come in sick and possibly infect patients and other staff members. Not a good policy which should be modified. I now work in a place that the policy is fair and morale is high.
Pros
You get a pay check
Cons
Sick Policies, Short Staff, complaints go on deaf ears.
Celebration of the residents for who they were.
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandAugust 31, 2013
The best part about the job was the residents and the animals. The residents had so much to teach me and so much love to give. I was eager to recieve their love and give mine. Doing things for them that you has the freedom to do early on in my employment was the most satisfying part of my job. Yes it was a Jewish facility but there were some patient who did not keep kosher homes prior to coming into the facility. To someone who is transitioning if they wanted a shrimp or ham sandwich I was that person to give them that enjoyment. I had a resident who enjoyed a tongue sandwich or hard fried bacon. She knew she was dying and it was something she should not eat, but she said she may not have any say in when she dies but she does have say in what her last days will be like. The animals were therapy for the residents and the staff. They allow the residents to touch, show, and recieve unconditional love. Everyone who was an animal lover had their favorites, from the animals that lived at the facility to the ones who's owners were employees. It was a joy to see the faces of the residents as they enjoyed being at a place that was not their "home" but their determination to take it in stride and make the best of it. At the time to us and managment they were number one and the reason we were there. They were family to a lot of us. Yes I am no longer an employee after many many years there, but the memories are priceless and I was blessed to have worked there .
Pros
company picnic, employee appreciation day
Cons
Upper mamagement changes, less involvement of staff when it came to decision making, healthcare changes.
Productive and a nice place to work.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Baltimore,MAryland 21215April 8, 2013
Its a very nice place to work. I get along well with all employees and managers. Im always on time for work. I im a reliable employee.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Innovative, caring healthcare provider--an Employer of Choice!
Director, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 11, 2013
One of the first healthcare providers in Maryland to introduce and implement the Eden Alternative program. Genuinely cares about the staff, their growth, their ideas. Management team worked hard to ensure staff also had fun at work -- which is often difficult when you consider the challenges naturally inherent in a caregiver's day-to-day function.
Pros
dedication of management and staff to providing exceptional healthcare.
Cons
can't think of any
Stimulating patient population with multiple co-morbidities
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 9, 2012
PAs invested with high degree of responsibility for managing complex medical conditions addressing DM, infections, renal failure, coronary and respiratory failure, ventilators, TPN, and wounds from abdominal surgical complications and trauma.

Supervising physicians supportive in teaching and review of cases, but PAs expected to bring thought and competence to the case reviews.

Most difficult part of the Levindale job is helping family members deal with terminal conditions of their loved ones.
Pros
opportunity to actively manage complex medical situations
Cons
on some shifts, it is difficult to find break time.
Waste of time
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Baltimore mdNovember 27, 2012
Reminds me of highschool. Except its a bunch of adults talking about one another. No matter what department you work in Roomers are heard spread and talked about. Surprise this place is still up and running. Lack of supplies roaches lives in the dish room. They Crawl outta food storage boxes plates sliver ware and more... managers/supervisors they just don't care and don't work overtime cause u wont get paid for it. My hours are never right. No hours if prn. They rather hire more people then use the ones they have. There's never enough food. They're unorganized have no consideration, everyone I came in contact with at levindale is always complaining about how's its not enough workers help food their check wasn't right they didn't put all the hours you work on your check then expect you to wait until the following two weeks. its always something.. Went from smiling everyday to frowning every time I walk in this place. No advancement. I wouldn't recommend this place to residents nor employees they just aren't right. They work you hard then the reward is basically kiss their butts
Pros
co workers are good people
Cons
hours, managers, everything u can possibly name
Needs to review management department
RN (Current Employee) –  Levindale Geriatric center- Baltimore MdNovember 8, 2012
Management needs to be trained in work productivity- poor communication skills to employees-no supplies to do job effectively- poor managed system- need to improve greatly to keep responsible staff!!!!!
Very nice patients, poor management
RN (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 31, 2012
Was required to work extra hours and was put on salary so could not obtain overtime compensation. Essential equipment to do job not available despite repeated requests. Management of GNA's poor. Morale very poor.
Pros
excellent health insurance, benefits
Cons
lack of essential equipment and supplies, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Levindale Hebrew Geriatric Center and Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9