Leviton Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Internal Auditor (Former Employee), Melville, NYApril 27, 2015
Great experience. Awesome group of people. opportunity to grow and paid for your CIA classes and exams.Loved working at Leviton. Management very hands on and make you feel as part of the family.
Leviton Review
Material Requirements Planner (Former Employee), Sparks, NVFebruary 17, 2015
This private company was a promote from within company. The management team is the number one reason why I stayed on with this company for so long. They were absolutely there for you if you had any issues.
its ok if you dont mind making nothing forever
Cable Cutter (Former Employee), Billings, MTJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: work enviornment is fun and clean
Cons: raises, lack of workforce during weekends
Decent company, good benefits. they have a new warehouse now, so I'm guessing most of the main problems are dealt with(lack of storage for materials, constantly moving out of place items to get to what – more... you need). The work load is steady and you do get breaks and an hour lunch so there's not a whole lot to complain about, other than the very low raises, you get one review a year and it basically comes to a .30 raise a year. better than nothing, but not much. – less
No work life balance
Sales Representitive (Current Employee), MidwestDecember 17, 2014
Pros: competitive pay
Cons: long hours, no work/life balance
Expectation is to work from 7 AM - 6 PM and then work at night for another 3 hours. Received calls from manager after work hours and on weekends.
freedom to succeed
District Store Support Manager (Former Employee), Southern California marketJune 20, 2014
At the time we were able to be our own bosses. The great thing was with good work ethic you could implement successful initiatives to achieve our sales goals.
Busy Workplace
Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee), Warwick, RIMay 21, 2014
Great place to work at great benefits, offered Overtime hours, great management and staff. Always busy with appointments and getting stock ready to be unloaded and put away.
Excellent Company - Learned Business Development Skills
Specification Engineer / OEM Sales Manager (Former Employee), FloridaMay 14, 2014
Pros: strong team oriented
Excellent Company, Family oriented, rewarded success.
Built strong Distributor Channel Partnerships and relationships.
Strong focus on penetration of Industrial Customers w/ new product introductions.
Fun place to work
Machinist Apprentice (Former Employee), Jefferson, NCMarch 4, 2014
Would setup and run several EDM ram sinkers to print. When I started with this company I had never heard about an EDM ram sinker and the different way it machines a part to very close tolerances.

This – more... company treated their employees almost like a family I never worked for a better company. The co-workers most all treated you very well.

We worked 4 twelve hour shifts in a row the long hours really dragged at times. The working hours were although enjoyable because of the way the company treated you. – less
Painful
Sales (Former Employee), BothellFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: free parking
For a 100 year old company, I witnessed one guy retire, the janitor. 8 people fired, for unkown reasons. Don't believe me, ask them on your interview. Low moral, Office Space environment. Medium pay and – more... do not expect a raise. Holiday party consists sitting in the warehouse on a metal chair drinking fruit punch and watching an hour long powerpoint. Managers concerned about one thing, their own ROI. In fact, use the word ROI and B2B in your interview, good chance you'll get the job! – less
Awful employer
Freight Analyst (Former Employee), New YorkJanuary 15, 2014
Manipulative management, lack of advancement opportunities, and everyone hates one another.
manufacturing and fast paced positions
Cell operator (Former Employee), Morganton, NCNovember 26, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: short breaks
just a very fast paced positons.management is not very much on holidays or caring for family time.
worked with Leviton mg for 20yrs, I would its was a good company while it was in business in my area
Tooling Services Supervisor / Manager (Former Employee), El Paso, TXNovember 17, 2013
the company is working toward a strong and innovative future in the market place, they take care of their employees and have a good benefit program just no vision care.
great
MATERIAL HANDELER/ GROUP LEADER (Former Employee), el paso txOctober 24, 2013
it was a great place to work. never have a problem and the human resorces was a great team.
No Team spirit or help
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), MelvilleSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: negative atmosphere, lack of direction, rude employees
I worked for Leviton on a temp basis. I was originally told it would be a four week assignment, and the low and behold the person that I was subbing for came back a week into my assignment. Although they – more... kept me on I found the atmosphere to be selfish and it seemed to me that everybody was out for themselves. I was given a username and logon that did not work and when I called the help desk I was treated in a rude manner. The IT dept. then called the manager of the Purchasing dept and complained about my and my lack of computer skills. I have been a Professional Purchasing Manager for 19 years and know how to logon to a Windows based system and or a DOS system. – less
IT dev teams
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Little Neck, NYSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: advancement
I worked with a great team. We all collaborated on several projects to learn new technologies.
comfortable work environment
Automation Machine Technician 2 (Former Employee), El paso TxAugust 10, 2013
enjoyed the job... always challenging always learning something new while teaching others as well. worked well with co-workers. hardest part of the job was really just being short handed with people. The most enjoyable part is knowing u make a difference and working well as a team to do things right the first!
No Advancement
Buyer, Mechanical and Electrical Components (Current Employee), Melville, NYAugust 6, 2013
Pros: 3 week vacation
Cons: management/advancement/salary/compensation for the years you have worked
A day at Leviton is monotonous. It is hard to advance and management is only concerned with themselves and the Vice Presidents of our company. I want to continue to work hard and learn more then only what – more... my job requires. My co-workers and I are very hard working and driven to succeed but if you are not at a certain level it is hard to be successful. I want to be given the chance to have better opportunities to advance and grow with in the company I work for. – less
It was a good environment
Quality control Inspector (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 14, 2013
Pros: hours worked, benefits.
Cons: a lot of gossip and self satisfaction
I enjoyed working at Leviton Manufacturing yet some of the employees were not as helpful as needed. instead they were more insterested in selfbenefit and not teaching anything to others.
great company to work for
Plastic Molding Process Technician (Former Employee), El Paso, TXFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: long hours
people in that company really care for each other, small group but good team, good pay great hours
Learned alot at this job
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), Flushing, NYFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: corporate lunches
Cons: really there were none
I was a purchasing agent I purchased Mil Spec Electronic Components
The Management was terrific I worked in corporate HQ I left to persue my own business, which I never regreted.