Leviton Manufacturing Employee Reviews

normal days
Electrician (Former Employee) –  el paso txJanuary 14, 2018
got to go to san diego and finish the plant, they had one build and went over budget , so I was send to help with that contruction.

make rounds , look to see if any work orders, check normal stuff .
Pros
great place to work
Cons
it get slow, get worke up when there lay offs
Good place to work if you dont have family
Picker and packer (Current Employee) –  96 isidor ctJanuary 2, 2018
they don let the employees not even talk.
Lack of advance bad training or not training at all.
Good co-worker's but everyone with a sad face. There's no even a vending machine where to get water bottles.
Pros
Good co-worker's
Cons
Health care, salary lack of advance
Fair place to work. 1st shift has good hours
Warehouse department lead (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJanuary 2, 2018
My experience working at Leviton was the middle of the road. Great supervisors, benefifts, and work was never too difficult. The pressure they put on their floor staff in most cases is very hard to obtain and there is always the threat of being terminated.
Hands off management, flexeble management style
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORDecember 31, 2017
I enjoyed working at Leviton, just about ten years. They like pro active employees. The coworker environment, is relaxed and friendly.
Management, and Human resources are helpful when employees need time off to take care of personal matters.
Pros
Coworker friendly environment
Cons
Low pay rates
Bad projects, bad management, your skills will dull working here
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WADecember 21, 2017
Quality control and manufacturing practices make it sketchy for design engineers to do their job. Management doesn't know how to advance people and the salary is very low given the area. Benefits are adequate at best- there is a reason no one with young kids works at this location. Maybe in 1980 this was a good company to work for, but it hasn't kept up with the times.
Great Place to work and build work experience
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCDecember 10, 2017
Fast pace job and great job to build your work experience up. And it's a great Manufacturing job to work for . And also it's really great because, the job is 4 days working, then 4 days off .
Good company to work for.
Quality Engineer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, IL 60174November 17, 2017
The company has good benefits. They have good employee support. they have good employee relations and activities that will keep the employees interested in staying.
different
Sales Tax (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLNovember 1, 2017
Big company, they make a variety of products in the electrical manufacturing world. quality products, very large corporation which can have its benefit.
HR was very difficult to communicate with
Administrative Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TN 37090October 3, 2017
I was told at my last employee review that although I was a model employee there was no opportunity for advancement in that position. The daily struggle to deal with the ego of HR pair with very small pay raises lead me to seek alternate employment.
Pros
laid back work environment
Cons
HR manager was beyond difficult
Was a great place, but after several corporate restructures, it wasn't
Senior Electromechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Eastlake, CASeptember 27, 2017
In the beginning and through most of my time there, the work was creative and fun, pay was decent and the staff was very professional with good synergy. We built a good team of designers, engineers and technicians for our product line. Toward the end of my employment the company was hit hard by a recession and staff reductions became the norm, as well as other corporate restructuring. Our local culture suffered a massive drop in morale and management lost sight of employee needs and development as well as the product quality and specifications. The focus became the bottom line and grinding out products that did not sell. Staff was cut to one quarter but development schedules were not adjusted. The highest paid and skilled engineers were laid off and unqualified members of our department were assigned tasks above their skill levels or abilities. Some staff members rose to the occasion but the occasions became more frequent and when the staff members could not resolve issues they were reprimanded. Eventually, the entire staff quit and the division was closed because it could not meet it's mission.
Pros
Good benefits, fairly stable.
Cons
Dead end positions

Want to know more about Leviton Manufacturing?

Ask a question
Good place to work with great co workers
Department Industrial Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCSeptember 11, 2017
Overall Leviton Manufacturing is a great place to work they pay well for around Morganton area and offer good benefits. The workers that work there are like a big family and are great to work with. Management treats the workers like prisoners instead of employees and have made many poor decisions for the company.
Pros
Good money and great people
Cons
A lot of hours and poor management
great job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 24, 2017
Relaxed working environment, balanced, well paid, great benefits, perfect hours. Everyday I learned something new.....................................
its so hard to understand people English from other country's ether they don't understand you or they understand wrong.
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAJuly 24, 2017
Its not so bad, but just the management is so picky for the salary that the company is paying. The Lead has no people skills always in a bad mood there"s no privacy on any conversation you have with the lead as soon as your done talking a minute later everyone knows your business.
Easy job but management is bad.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCMay 17, 2017
Easy job and good people to work with but management treats you like baby. If you like feeling like your in elementary school again this would be a good job. Some forced OT but its not too bad.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Loud and fast paced work in enviornment with a lot of tension and long hours.
Operator Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCMay 6, 2017
Absolutely hated this job. The supervisor was a good guy, but the mechanic and several others I worked with were horrible, and even after several complaints, they would get by with it. I hate loud noises so I constantly had a headache. The company expects you to dedicate your life to the job, so you'll hardly ever get to see your family, and when you do, you'll be almost to tired to enjoy it before going into work literally the next day or night. Nothing you do will ever be good enough in their eyes. The benefits were great. 401K and pay. All great. But, money won't buy me time back with my family, and almost all of your time will be spent there or sleeping.
Pros
Benefits, 401K, Good pay.
Cons
Rude employees. Terrible work enviornment.
Decent place to work
operator mechanic (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCApril 24, 2017
Leviton was a pretty good place to work. People were friendly for the most part and willing to help. Hardest thing was 12 hour days and it being an hour drive 1 way.
Too big a company
Account Manager/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORApril 12, 2017
Leviton has its fingers in all elements of electrical product manufacturing, from light switches and outlets you find at Home Depot to the construction-grade dimming and relay systems I worked with. I can't speak for other departments, but the internal politics at my location were detrimental to morale. At one point, I was nearly fired because I "made mistakes", and was eventually let go primarily because I was the most expensive person in my department.
Pros
Great place for entry-level manufacturing employees
Cons
Watch out for office politics
stressful
Line Mechanic and operator (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCMarch 22, 2017
good benefits, very high stress .hard to do job now that they removed grinders,drill presses and vices and parts are not available to repair machinery
Family Run Business
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 14, 2017
Worked for the company for 5+ years. Nice culture fun people. Company has strong brand reputation and 110 year old history. Ownership very conservative and all decision making is with a handful of people. Company goes as well as electrical distribution channel. The hardest part of the job is realizing you have no say in business decisions and that it takes (at least) a VP to make a decision. If you want to do something that has not been done before you need to get a family member to endorse or you will be out on an island. Enjoyed my time there and great people. Nice place to start or end career!
Pros
Great people, never laughed more in a professional setting
Cons
Decision making with a handful of people, often need family member endorsement.
Solid Employer and Excellent People
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 5, 2017
Corporate workforce spans a wide variety of age and experience. There are many opportunities to learn and contribute to new and ongoing business processes. Leviton is in a constant process of adjusting to future business needs and revitalizing it people and practices globally