Leviton Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Family Run Business
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 14, 2017
Worked for the company for 5+ years. Nice culture fun people. Company has strong brand reputation and 110 year old history. Ownership very conservative and all decision making is with a handful of people. Company goes as well as electrical distribution channel. The hardest part of the job is realizing you have no say in business decisions and that it takes (at least) a VP to make a decision. If you want to do something that has not been done before you need to get a family member to endorse or you will be out on an island. Enjoyed my time there and great people. Nice place to start or end career!
Pros
Great people, never laughed more in a professional setting
Cons
Decision making with a handful of people, often need family member endorsement.
Great local company to work for
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 17, 2016
Beautiful building thats very easy to get to, friendly helpful people, amazing cafeteria, understanding management and a great place to work.you get to meet a lot of people in the building through interdepartmental projects and company bbqs, celebrations and volunteer events.
Pros
Amanzing cafeteria food and 1 hour lunch breaks
Cons
No real cons about working here, its a great environment
Overall great place to work
Lead Mechanic (Current Employee) –  West Jefferson, NCSeptember 24, 2016
Business has not slowed down at Leviton as it has at other local Manufacturing Facilities. Great work environment with good people. Lots of opportunities to move through the company.
Pros
Healthcare, 401K, Breaks
Cons
Lack of training on the production floor.
Great Atmosphere and Co-workers
Industrial Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCNovember 19, 2015
Leviton has good employees and a great atmosphere. Everyone is very laid back and easy to get along with. All of management is very helpful when needed. I would say the hardest part of the job is the troubleshooting, when the equipment breaks it isn't always black and white as to what the problem may be. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction you receive once you have fixed the problem that had occurred.
Pros
good benefits, competitive pay, flexible schedule
Cons
loud environment, and long hours
Poor management and little support
Engineer (former employee) (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAAugust 5, 2016
The Bothell division is filled with a bunch of self-absorbed snobs. Leviton has now lost most, if not all, of their manufacturing engineers. Over the past several years they've eliminated qualified applicants in short order that don't meet up with their unrealistic demands. Those who are unfortunate enough to get employed leave the company in less than a year after they're hired. I notice the latest attempt to hire for a senior-level position has been reposted monthly for the past four months, and now Leviton has lost its level-two ME.

Something is terribly wrong with a company that loses staff and can't find anyone to fill the positions.
Pros
It's a job and nothing more
Cons
Poor professional environment.
Overall a good work environment
Automation Technician & Tool Design (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCAugust 13, 2016
I have worked at Leviton for about four years and moved from night shift to day shift and from the manufacturing floor to the automation team. Definitely room for advancement.
Pros
Healthcare, 3 breaks, New Canteen
Cons
Unskilled Manufacturing Labor
Solid Employer and Excellent People
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 5, 2017
Corporate workforce spans a wide variety of age and experience. There are many opportunities to learn and contribute to new and ongoing business processes. Leviton is in a constant process of adjusting to future business needs and revitalizing it people and practices globally
Overall bad workplace with bad management
Hourly Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNOctober 3, 2015
The management is horrible and they don't care about their employees at all. There is no room to grow in the company and they "forget" to give you your yearly raises after your review. There is too much politics and hostility in the workplace and some coworkers are hard to work with. This is the only company I have ever worked for that has punished you for having holidays off by working you like dogs for the following days to come
would recommend this company
SUPERVISOR-Research & Development (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 4, 2017
I only wish I would have retired from this company. so to have seen this company move out of my town. i would had relocated along with company, but not to Mexico.
Innovative work place
Manufacturing engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILDecember 6, 2016
continuous improvement focused work place for fresh thoughts to keep into practice and optical fiber manufacturing is complicated process and its a MTO company
No Advancement
Buyer, Mechanical and Electrical Components (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 6, 2013
A day at Leviton is monotonous. It is hard to advance and management is only concerned with themselves and the Vice Presidents of our company. I want to continue to work hard and learn more then only what my job requires. My co-workers and I are very hard working and driven to succeed but if you are not at a certain level it is hard to be successful. I want to be given the chance to have better opportunities to advance and grow with in the company I work for.
Pros
3 week vacation
Cons
Management/Advancement/Salary/Compensation for the years you have worked
Great work environment
Sourcing (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 29, 2016
Amazing place to work at. Very understanding managers. Great potential for career growth. Salary can be a little better
good place to work excellent benefits
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCMarch 8, 2016
you work hard but you get paid good and everyone is real nice there. Good vacation time. They match what you put in your 401K for the first year.
Pros
402K
annual celebrationes
Product Designer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 10, 2016
every year we had a day celebration, awards and company parties
the owner will visit each year I work with this company for 15 years great benefits and I love my job as a product designer. I learned to draw with Auto CAD and Solid works company send my to a three month training at valle verde community college.
Pros
free lunch ever 6 months
Cons
15 min brakes in the morning and afternoon
160+ year company
Sales & Service Rep-Western Division (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 2, 2016
The positive aspects of this job are the company image, the product it represents and the longevity of the company. The negative aspects would be the extensive travel required, the inability to make a difference and the lack of inclusion in company activities.
Pros
Financial compensation
Excellen work environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 10, 2015
Family oriented work place with great camaraderie. On-site cafeteria that is employee friendly with several televisions for employees to watch. The company has an excellent work environment.
Pros
Various fund raisers where employees are allowed to wear jeans in support of such charities, jean Fridays, company cook outs, holiday parties and anniversary awards ceremonies
Cons
n/a
Room for growth good pay with great benifits
Molder/ Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMay 5, 2012
Enjoyed working at Levition had many opportunities to grow and gain experience in multipal areas. I worked for 10 years at Leviton and was a machine operator in Injection molding ,metal stamping hand/foot press operator as well as being and assembler,packer, and wharehouse person driving folk trucks. I gained alot of knowledge while there and met alot of people who were very helpful to my growing and gaining the experience for future experiences
Pros
advancement for growth, benifits, holiday parties, friendly environment, rotating 12hr schedual
Cons
some duties were heavy, not always chance for overtime.
its ok if you dont mind making nothing forever
Cable Cutter (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJanuary 12, 2015
Decent company, good benefits. they have a new warehouse now, so I'm guessing most of the main problems are dealt with(lack of storage for materials, constantly moving out of place items to get to what you need). The work load is steady and you do get breaks and an hour lunch so there's not a whole lot to complain about, other than the very low raises, you get one review a year and it basically comes to a .30 raise a year. better than nothing, but not much.
Pros
work enviornment is fun and clean
Cons
raises, lack of workforce during weekends
Great culture and people
Senior Director Electrical Vehicle Programs (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 2, 2015
Leviton is a 109 year old privately held company. The culture is very New York with engaging management. Leviton is the market leader in residential electrical devices. They have over 26,000 products and are found in home depot, electrical distributors, Amazon and Toyota, Honda, Ford and Kia dealerships. Nice people and fun atmosphere.
Pros
People
Cons
Company is a follower in products and processes.
Painful
Sales (Former Employee) –  BothellFebruary 21, 2014
For a 100 year old company, I witnessed one guy retire, the janitor. 8 people fired, for unkown reasons. Don't believe me, ask them on your interview. Low moral, Office Space environment. Medium pay and do not expect a raise. Holiday party consists sitting in the warehouse on a metal chair drinking fruit punch and watching an hour long powerpoint. Managers concerned about one thing, their own ROI. In fact, use the word ROI and B2B in your interview, good chance you'll get the job!
Pros
Free parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leviton Manufacturing. Our community is ready to answer.

Leviton Manufacturing Reviews by Location