Levy Restaurants Employee Reviews

Great place to help you grow
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 24, 2016
it is a great, corporate company to work for if you are willing to put in the time and effort. I was promoted from the bottom of the totem pole to lower level management in just over a year. The recognition for your hard work and stellar customer service is consistently recognized while working as an hourly employee. However, once I moved up to management the support I needed to help me succeed and grow further was lacking.
Fun with the live music
Lead Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, ILSeptember 27, 2016
It's such a great job for the summer, with the opportunity of being outdoors and listening to live artist. Everyone at work takes their job seriously and be very lively. The only hard thing about this job are intermissions, tons and tons of people coming in for snacks and fountain drinks so you have to be quick.
Pros
free lunch, get to listen to great artist, outdoors
Cons
short staff at times
productive, professional , and caring working envirnment
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 5, 2016
Typical days at work, with Levy Restaurants is very exciting. Working in concessions, you learn a lot about teamwork, as well as your own strengths. Management is very hands on and helpful; as well as your coworkers. The hardest part of the job is not being overwhelmed by having to serve thousands of guests a night. However, the most enjoyable part is knowing each customer leaves satisfied with their service.
I love this job!!
In-Seat Server (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 29, 2016
Everyday at this establishment I walk away feeling great! Everyday I am able to help guests enjoy their time at the Nationals Park watching the Nationals game! Working here I am bound to meet interesting people. Whether its meeting celebrities, the wonderful men and women who served our country, or just your everyday hard working people of the DMV area. With all good things theres 1 or 2 things bad. What I dont like about my job here is that in the last 4-6 years they have not upgraded the work handhelds, which makes our jobs a lot harder. Without a functioning handheld all orders have to be put in manually and you dont get an accurate count of how much food/drinks you sold for the night. I have personally worked with the same group of individuals since my first day there!!
Pros
everything!!
Cons
need new equipment
Productive and Fun Place to work,especially during an event with a good view
Cart Stand Lead (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 2, 2016
When I worked for Levy, I worked in the American Airlines Arena where the Miami Heat kick butt and take names!!! It was always exciting working with new people in a new stand or in my case on a food cart. Just to see people come from all over to watch a game,see the circus and hear some of the most awesome artist in concert was an awesome and amazing experience in it self. The management did an awesome job in my opinion with the amount of employees they had to provide and account for.
Pros
meet people from around the world, enjoy some awesome food once the night is over and you get to enjoy the moments of concerts, games and fan fun
Cons
if you have to take public transportation make sure you find a ride home
Productive, and fast paced
Hostess/Hostess Cashier (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85004June 23, 2016
My typical day at work is very simple. It is fast- paced, but very intriguing. The management was really great, they are understandable and very flexible with your schedule. The co-workers that I had were good. They had welcomed me into the work place. There was nothing hard about my job. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know the guest, seeing them as friends instead of guest.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Not enough hours.
Different Events makes exiting work place
Hynes Convention Center (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 27, 2016
Great employer . We get to set our own schedule according to our availability , we also get to see different dishes that our chefs make for different events like weddings or sweet 16's ,Great pay and great location in the heart of Boston
Pros
Food and drinks on the house
Cons
Long hours, extensive prep and clean ups
Set up for events by putting out tablecloths and place settings, arranging table placement
Banquet/beverage associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 3, 2016
Barbacks are responsible for backing up bartenders. A typical sample resume for Barback describes tasks such as maintaining stocks, changing kegs, collecting empty glasses, maintaining the premises clean, ensuring there is plenty of clean glassware, and re-stocking ice. Based on our collection of example resumes, essential qualifications for this job are dexterity, the ability to lift weights, attention to details, teamwork, multitasking, and good communication skills.
Pros
free meal time through out the day
Cons
many last minute changes with every event
Fun Workplace and Extremely Fast-Paced
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2016
A typical day at worked was fulfilling about 100 orders and then cleaning each station. Not much room for moving up in the company and there is absolutely no job security for the first 5-7 years of working there. Loved my time there, but it was way too short. Baseball and great people around me made the time fly by.
Not productive, Low moral
Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 26, 2016
Did not expect to be brought into a company that has little trust in their management team. They treat the hourly team much better than the salaried team. There is very poor moral in the arena and no respect for the chain of command. everyone wants to make executive decisions but blames everyone else when things go wrong.
Pros
Great clientele
Cons
Terrible Moral
Very regimented work enviornment. Very fast paced.
Accounts payable/Accounts receivable (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2016
Responsible for the full cycle Accounts payable requirements for several inter-company entities. Verified A/P pricing, processing and payment of invoices. Processed weekly check runs for each entity assigned. Processed expense reports and monthly sales tax. Maintained A/P aging reports. Produced cash balances for assigned controllers. What I learned was how to manage multi entities and keep business flowing. Was in daily contact with all management involved with each entity. Worked well with co-workers assigned to my entities. Hardest part of the job was maintaining the integrity of entities ensuring data did not get processed in the wrong entity. Most enjoyable part of the job was reconciling the month end financials. This job required high levels of organization.
A very fast pace work environment
Stand Lead (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 25, 2016
a typical day at Barclay's Center is very fun loved working at the stadium. Everyday at work is always a challenge when you have 2 hours of show time to perform my duties as a Stand Lead. I must have my concession stand ready for the show and have the food available to the guest when it is time for breaks. I love working with the co-workers and Management they are all very co-operative and teamwork is a must. the job don't really have any hard part that i know of. Most enjoyable job is keeping the guest happy and having returning guest.
Pros
teamwork, free tickets once a year
Cons
short break
Great working environment
Catering Associate and banquets (Current Employee) –  AMWAY ArenaSeptember 20, 2016
I love my job. I'm happy with my position and coworkers. Management and supervisors are wonderful and I look forward to going to work.
If you love what you are doing. At Levy we say we are living the dream.
Pros
Excellent working conditions
Cons
No tips, no benefits.
Excellent Opportunity
Stand Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 30, 2016
Great Commitment and big job demand. Great experiance working at Dodgers Stadium my stand was at Wetzel Pretzels where we become specialty cooks, and also a runner from the wearhouse to prior consumer stands, at a multitude of client commitment.
Pros
Seasonal
Cons
Temp schedule
The Worst Company you can work for!
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 6, 2016
Poor structure as an organization, very disorganized. Bad communication between management and employees. They switch management and Human resources every year since they are unable to keep employees content. They make you park in dirt roads, flat tires were a constant. They would make you work under the rain and not provide you with material to do so. Management won't even recognize you unless you are an attractive female. Unsanitary products, violations were another constant (dirty straws, cups, ice, etc). I only enjoyed the events (basketball games, concerts, etc). I would not recommend this job to friend or family member.
Pros
non
Cons
no breaks, poor management, non healthy working enviroments
Levy Restaurants is a wonderful employer!
Suite Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 15, 2016
Levy Restaurants offers a very flexible schedule. I learned many "short-cuts" that made for a more efficient work day for myself and a more enjoyable event for the client(s). I've met many great people working for Levy and have gained valuable skills that I can take with me after the event season.
Pros
free meals, breaks, great connections, teamwork experience
Not what I thought.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 28, 2016
Hired me and won't schedule me. Levys puts you through these feel-good workshops to give you hope about your employment with the company. Got hired for a big opening and got put on their backburner. An associate of mine, who was hired at the same time is working for them A LOT. I am scheduled zero times. Like many others not scheduled, they said they would email us about when we would get scheduled. There has been zero communication.

So I guess I am an employee, but I'm not an employee. Don't feel like a member of the team, and not feeling right about being employed by them. My opinion might change if they actually schedule me. At the moment, I'm losing the inspiration they tried to instill in me.
great work
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 27, 2016
working here is great, you get to meet new people and get to work in a great teamwork environment. the staff is very diverse in ethnicity and culture as well as experience.
Pros
work is pretty easy, lots of down time. free lunch.
Cons
there are slow periods when there is no work at all.
I loved the hours and the staff
Cook (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 11, 2016
I loved working for Levy as well as working at everbank field the experience was wonderful.I learned alot working for Levy it let me put my work skills to work as well as taught somethings as well.
Pros
Hours, staff and other employees
Cons
noe
Good company but issues with management at location
Server (Former Employee) –  United Center, Chicago ILAugust 3, 2016
I worked 9 years for this company. Many of the people I worked with were professionals with other full time jobs. So, this position was a great part time gig.
However there were some drawbacks. Management treated us like children who didn't have a life outside of the restaurant. We all had families to come home to but mandatory last minute meetings and expectations of perfection with poor gratitude from management was disappointing. There were no real perks and the meals they fed us were low budget compared to the lavish meals we provided guests that we weren't able to taste.
There were a lot of trust issues and people getting written up left and right for every little slip. There was no "benefit of the doubt" given and the morale of the restaurant quickly disapated as employees who had worked 20 plus years began to quit or be let go.
The one reason I stayed as long as I did was because of the good money and my immediate boss.
Pros
Good Money/Hours
Cons
Disrespectful Management