Levy Restaurants Employee Reviews

Dessert Cart Hostess
Dessert Cart Host (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 30, 2017
Prepared and arrange an array of desserts for the suites guests in the Miami Marlins Ball Park.

I learned the importance of teamwork, communication and overall customer satisfaction.
Pros
Start at a reasonable time
Cons
long shifts
Fast paced at times
Supervisor/Concessions (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 30, 2017
Typical work day is anything to operating a portable product cart to supervising multiple concession stands. Some stands are operated by hourly employees who aren't much better than nonprofit groups while others are, in fact, operated by non profit groups. Management is good, but plays too much favoritism within those who tend to go out after events and drink with them. It is a family environment, but because of the last statement, that family becomes favorites, If you aren't in the family, you are left behind and left with the leftovers, so to speak. The hardest part of this job is overcoming not being in the family because you don't go out drinking with management after events/games. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with guests and showing them a great atmosphere as well as answering any questions they may have.
Its a good place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison united centerMay 25, 2017
They give you lunch and and they treat you fair they let you move up in the company if you want to every body is always happy to be there its really about team work to get the job done
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
pay
catering set up and server (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 25, 2017
just not enough money or hours
i've worked here twice now .i enjoy the people and what i do but just think more pay is well deserved we go above and beyond our duties.
No day is the same here
Concessions Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 24, 2017
Fairly laid back culture here at Levy. As an employee, you have the opportunity to work numerous events (both on the corporate and personal level) and connect with consumers from all walks of life. Staff is great to work with and makes this job even more enjoyable.
Fast paced,great energy
Carver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2017
I worked at Levy for 4 years and have little to no complaints. Everyone there was friendly if you have questions they did not hesitate to answer. Worked with all kinds of people.
Not a bad beginner job, not much room for advancement
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAMay 22, 2017
After two years, I am still a bartender although a senior bartender who has trained several new staff. Not enough room to grow without moving to a different branch.
VERY fast paced
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2017
The job is good for college kids who needs summer jobs. The work place is very fast paced and the hours vary. They only allow first come first serve to work so be on time.
It is a corporation.
Banquet cook (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 20, 2017
It is a corporation setting. Most of the people were out for themselves. I am sure in other places it is different, but here it was not healthy or productive. Lots of drama. Levy was also not to invested in what goes on at that location. So your training was not what it should be.
Pros
Baseball games
Cons
everything else
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  waMay 19, 2017
Work isn't bad but the management is horrible. Have to deal with overly drunk fans but there is never a dull day. Very diversified work staff. People from all walks of life.
Great place to work with flexible work hours
BARTENDER / SERVER (Current Employee) –  Oregon State UniversityMay 17, 2017
This has been a job perfect for college students. They are very flexible with busy schedules and there are always hours to pick up. I enjoyed working with the other people as well.
Productive and fast paced environment
Concession Worker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 17, 2017
Great company. Would most definitely recommend anyone who wants to work in the food industry to choose Levy Restaurants as their first option. I've learned so much in the little time that I've work with this company. 10/10
Pros
Free lunches, gear discounts
Decent place for a part-time job.
Sales Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2017
Fun place to work with fun co-workers. Job is tough, but fair. Good part-time job. Management is all over the place. Different bosses for different things and sometime the information and communication between them get lost.
Pros
Free lunch, Unionized, Summer off, Set Schedule from the beginning
Cons
Late work hours, Summer off (no work), little room for advancement
Professional and fun place to work.
Suite Server (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 17, 2017
You can network with people and have a free lunch buffet meal and to be a team player helps out a lot.................................................
Pros
You can network with people
embracing food with entertainment
HR Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2017
i started with this company as a supervisor of a new project at the Philips Area during basketball season. I was the supervisor of an area called "hardwood" which was for elite guest. I then transitioned to the HR department.
Pros
Being flexable
It was a good
Runner (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 16, 2017
It was a good job, I received many promotions and as I worked alongside many different chefs in the kitchen. As a result I picked up many different traits and skills as well as knowledge
Fun place to work but definitely ethically challenged
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2017
The management sucks but the atmosphere is enjoyable thanks to all of the different types of shows that we do and the people that we work with. You can leave for years and come back to welcome arms, unless you're fired for stealing or something.
Pros
Free lunch, great events
Cons
Not many breaks, management doesn't care about employees
Mixed Review
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 15, 2017
There is no strong consideration's for promotions within the company. Compensation could be far more better than what it is for the responsibilities that we are given. Benefit's are not available (i.e amount of sick days, paid Holidays, health benefits). It's a bit stressful when hours are being cut during non-peak periods.
Cons
Health Care, Sick Pay, Paid Holidays, hours, pay rate
Friendly and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYMay 13, 2017
I get to meet a lot of different people, being that there are a lot of tourist coming to the us open. Also being able to keep up with a quick paced job help me learn pantience and understanding.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short break
For people who need extra money it's only a part-time job
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 13, 2017
Typical day at working at the Marlins ballpark consist of in finding parking then walking 25 minutes just to get to your station then 6 hours of working constantly standing no brakes helps you lose a lot of weight
Pros
No brakes
Cons
Extra money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Levy Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.