Levy Restaurants

Levy Restaurants Employee Reviews

Pay is great, work life balance leaves much to be desired
General Manager of Clubs (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Work life balance
You will be greatly compensated but will have to work more then you will be able to enjoy it. You need to be open to traveling in your down time.
Fun atmosphere
Cashier (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 8, 2015
Pros: Get to eat free lunch
Cons: no breaks and on your feet for 8-10 hours
A typical day at work means getting my stand set up early for the event, which includes taking inventory of beverages and plates at the beginning of shift. I've learned how to be accountable for my own stand by taking inventory at the beginning and end of each shift, recording money, coupons, remainder of inventory on a sheet of paper which is to be taken to the concessions manager to be reviewed at the end of the event. Working with management is a fun experience, my co- workers are always friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is trying to be serious, which doesn't work because of the fun, fast paced atmosphere. What I most enjoy about my job is how the fans react when there's a game....especially when our home team Jaguars play, everyone is hyped, happy, and hungry to start the game day off.
temp job for event
dish washer (Former Employee), Indian Wells, CAApril 7, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: parking and pay was minimum for working long hours
great people to work with parking though for the employees was not great even having o work long hours and walk 15 min just to get inside and security was really rude but overall learned to do something different and the people I worked with was great people overall
Natural
Kitchen/Prep/Cashier/Breaker (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 6, 2015
Everything here was basic here,The best part were getting the opportunity to move around to Staples Center and The Fourm those places had me excited to work all the time! By the way it's event based so rarely you work unless it's a good season and you have nothing else to do.
WINNING ONE CUSTOMER AT A TIME
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 1, 2015
Pros: We were paid double on holidays, recieved items that were given to customers we also recieved them, working Big events like championship games.
Cons: Not having enough product to sell and warehouse taking a long time to deliver items needed.
It was a 8 to 10 hour shift and sometimes more. Check in Check my emails asked if there anything different for that days event. Go to my area and check if everything was delivered and correctly. If not call warehouse and correct it. Most of the time as a supervisor I also was like a manager on the floor cause most of the time manager were in there office. My co workers always worked hard when needed. I respected them and they respected me. I don't think there was a hard part of my job. I always looked forward to going to work I loved my job. I think the only bad thing at my job that the main kitchen did not prep enough food items to sell. then customers would not be happy.
great place to work and get experience
Food runner/Lead (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 31, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: management
fun place to work at it did require an abundance of patience also we had to be on top of our game at all times because the customers at this facility are mostly regulars i had a great team of workers and we worked hard for the quality i enjoyed the challenge the most
fun place to work
Seasonal Cook II (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: health care
clock in , help with lunch, make meals for dinner, make pasta, make muffins, ice cream, look at book. pep food items, wash plates,
slow start, hard finish
Concession Employee (Former Employee), los angeles, caMarch 24, 2015
it is hard to get shifts when you start, but once you get them under your belt the work is hard but honest. days are sometimes shorter than they need to be and the pay is decent for the type of work it is
fun fast paced environment
Customer service as a cashier (Former Employee), Sonoma, CAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: free food, fun work environment
Cons: i had no benefits
I ENJOYED WORKING HERE, IT WAS A GREAT JOB EXPERIENCE, FUN, FAST PACED, WE GOT FREE FOOD, BREAKS WHEN NEEDED, THE EMPLOYEES AND EMPLOYERS ARE AWESOME.
Not a very good company to work for
No title (Current Employee), no locationMarch 19, 2015
Pros: Regional team members are hard working and great people
Cons: upper level management
CEO and most of the senior leadership in Chicago are horrible. Old-school management at it's best! Tell you that their care about people (family) but at the end of the day their don't!
Fun Challenging and fast pace environment
General Manager of Concessions (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 18, 2015
Pros: exposer to great people and sports fans
Cons: long work days, and weeks can add up
Checking sales\labor reports from the prior day. Following up with managers on up coming events. Plan and execute daily food and beverage sales for the day, week, and month.

Learned from Levy. Time management, planning and organizing large events. Labor, inventory control, and sales reporting.

Management was present and believed in coaching for success.

Co-Workers provided a fun working environment with family values

Hardest part of Job was having approximately 250 events in a 365 day yearly calendar, can be challenging on personal time.

Successfully running events with positive revenue with out any issues was a great feeling of accomplishment.
good company but IT department management has room for improvement
Junior IT Staff (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2015
Good company for other roles, but IT management is not interested in spending time with and developing junior staff. For example one would go days without the manager checking in or saying hello even though you could hear her grabbing friends to have lunch just a few cubes down.
productive and fun workplace with live action college football
Suit Attendant (Current Employee), College StationMarch 16, 2015
I love working for Levy because i get to be in the center of it all. Everyday at work i get to be at Kyle field during football game and it is very rewarding job.
Warehouse work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Charlotte NCMarch 13, 2015
Pros: free luch
Cons: there wasn't enough help.
A typical day consist of checking in orders, and filling requisitions. I learned a lot about organization and receiving. I like my job altogether it's enjoyable most of the time.
Fun work space but stressful at times
Owner's club server (Current Employee), Atlanta GAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: free food, good pay
Cons: negative people
You meet a diverse group of people working here. Sometimes it can be stressful considering all the different departments and attitudes. Overall good employment.
Fun to work for
Cashier/Team Leader (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 11, 2015
They are an easy company to work for, it's not very demanding and you get to experience the game atmosphere and interact with fans at the games.
Great starting job for the food industry
Server/Waiter (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free dinners
Cons: short shifts
this was my first serving job, and it was a great learning experience to have. great for working with customers as well. youre constantly moving at this job so its also great exercise!!!
It was ok
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Sparta, KYMarch 2, 2015
It was fun to travel and see different places. it was a lack of communication. Poor mangement no compassion for the people that traveled from across the country
Work a Memphis Sports arena
Lead Concession Supervisor (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 23, 2015
I'm a concession supervisor so I assist all the employees in concession or in any department to ensure excellent guest care.
Fun and productive workplace
ATI Server (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 22, 2015
Many different areas to work in
Work with many different individuals in a variety of contexts
Get to know the customers
Get to see different sporting events
Excellent atmosphere

About Levy Restaurants

This company's menu of operations feeds people out on the town and at the game. Levy Restaurants is a leading restaurant operator – Read more

Levy Restaurants Salaries