Levy Restaurants Employee Reviews in United States

Great work environment.
SUITE ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 27, 2015
A fun yet challenging work environment. I enjoy working with my fellow co-workers and they are great about helping out before, during and after games if anyone needs help with setup or teardown of suites.
typical day in stand 252
Fast paced cashier (Current Employee) –  10000 elysian park ave , los angeles 90012September 25, 2015
As i walk in the door of stand 952 everyone greets me with a smile and hug. I sign in and start refilling straws,soda lids,cheese and chilly flake packages, insert soda nosels, i wipe down the inside counters and the outside of the stand, sweep and bring out the Italian ice and make sanitizing buckets for each cashier. I also help out in the back kitchen if we are short. I prep meatballs in sauce, prep,cut and package pizza. At times i also set up the chicken Parmesan ,conewich and meatball fry station if its not done at time. We are a team in our stand, every single co-worker helps each other out to make the stand run smoothly and easily. The hardest part of my job as a cashier in any Levy territory is keeping up with the food. Sometimes as a cashier i need to keep the customer calm and explain due to the sales and our staff being short we arent able to give their food fast, but thankfully i always make my customers happy. I love my job regardless of the challenges it brings,its a friendly and very welcoming environment to work in.
Pros
free lunch, fun and friendly enviornment
football game day with jaguars
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 25, 2015
enter acting with different cultures people from different parts of the country prepared me on how to in act with people i love the fact that i can be that one person that a customer can tell someone that they experience a positive response from even if they;re day was not so good and i can bring a smile to they;re face. job was seasonal
Pros
had hot lunches daily
Cons
39 minute lunch breaks no benefits
Great beginner jobs
Stand Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando,FLSeptember 25, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. The main goal is to grow and develop as a team and making our customers happy so they return. Management is not afraid to get down and dirty when the help is needed and everyone helps each other.
Pros
Great work environment and decent pay
Cons
part-time and no benefits
Good relations with coworkers and customers
Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 20, 2015
Levy Restaurants was a wonderful job to work for, especially since be part of that team right out of high school.
People that I worked with were great along with the customers I serviced.
A typical day for me would be to attend to the customers I would get and make sure they were having a good time along with giving the service they required.
I learned customer relation skills along with money handling skills and also systematical skills.
Management was good the first 3 years I worked there, the last 2 management seemed to go down.
The hardest part of the job was to be able to stay on top of things when work became busy.
The most enjoyable part was the interaction I had with my coworkers and my customers.
Pros
Fast pace, good environment, good money
Cons
No benefits, no breaks, management was not the best
great place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2015
work in a fast paced environment, watch professional sports in lag time, earn a substanial amount of tips alongside wages, union member, and great pay for seasonal employment
Pros
great tips and free food
Cons
Best place to work for large events
Supervisor/Stand Lead (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 16, 2015
I love working at Levy because I never knew what it was like to work large events, like Basketball, Soccer and Concerts. Its a fun environment to work in and no day is ever the same.
High energy fast paced work enviroment
Culinary Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 15, 2015
Managed 50 plus team members to efficiently accomplish production.
Received product and managed inventory and rotation of product to maintain projected food cost.
The long hours on ones feet and quick turn around to next scheduled day was the hardest to manage.
I enjoyed the high energy pace and busy environment.
Fun workplace
Customer service/Cashier/laborer/Catering (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 15, 2015
You would come in get food ready count inventory and serve food and watch the game.At the end of night count up the inventory let over punch the information into computer and clean up work station.
McCormick and schmiks
Banquet server (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 14, 2015
McCormick and schmiks its amazing place to work with a lot of benefice...good atmosphere i love it.all the manager are very friendly .
Good place to get job experience
Concession Stand Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 14, 2015
I enjoyed working with people of many different backgrounds and loved the fast pace of work. The pay and hours are great and I'd love to go back next season.
Fun place to work.
Prep Cook(on-call) (Current Employee) –  pittsburghSeptember 14, 2015
Overall a great fun atmosphere to work great pros not to bad cons. Here we received free lunch, paid breaks and its union backed. Not too much, I can bad about levy a true family environment.
Pros
free lunch, union, paid breaks
Cons
not enough hours, scheduling is based on events and senority
Fun place to work
Concession Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 10, 2015
Excellent place to work very family orientated. Room for improvement and training. Top of the line security for fans and employees.
Pros
Free Tickets to games
Cons
Seasonal
high quility in service , very positive attudue i am good with people a great team leader.top class customer service.
Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 1, 2015
working at this company team member and staff how we all come together in making our customer our number 1 priority. in everything that we do.they are more that 5 star company with the up most customer service.
Pros
prepreing food for our customer
Cons
helping customers with their apointment and making sure that they have been taking care of.
its okay
Guest Relation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 30, 2015
Great when the season is on. But hours suck. Management needs to get better. the work environment is like high school. Other than that the place and the pay is good.
Baseball suites
PNC Park- Suite Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh PAAugust 27, 2015
I would show up about 7-8 hours before game time and set up all the menu tags for the orders in each suit, make sure our employees were restocking and dropping the proper equiptment in each suit. I would then head to the office and make sure all the paperwork was ready for our servers and printed out ready for our pre-shift meetings. Then I checked on the kitchen and helped distribute food to the proper suit. About 30 minuets before the gates open I would do rounds through each suit making sure that they had the correct food and it looked good. I would then greet fans as the entered their suites and take care of any problem they may have throughout the game. Management was great, I can not say enough good things about how great management was. My co-workers were great, it's all about relationship and I made it a point to get to know everyone. The hardest part of my job was insane 60-75 hour weeks at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet all kinds of people, from the CEO of PNC bank to an amazing young girl suffering a terminal illness. Just seeing how happy she was to be at that baseball game and knowing what she was going through made the long hours and hard worth it all in that moment.
Pros
The people i got to meet on a daily basis
Cons
Long long hours
Fun job, good coworkers. Everyone was nice. This was a seasonal job.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 21, 2015
Work at Marlin Stadium. Prepare food for the Chef and set up the kitchen and the service line.

Learned much about cooking and preparing food for a chef.

Management was all right. They worked with me and taught me their system. They were very nice and cooperative.

This was a fun place to work because all my coworkers worked hard and made the place a fun job.

The hardest part of the job was that it was only a seasonal job - When the Marlins played at home.

The most enjoyable part was the teamwork of managers, the chef and my coworkers. It was really a fun place.
Pros
Meals. Work pace was reasonable even when rush times.
Cons
Tagging, labeling and dating each item before refrigeration.
Very productive and very enjoyable!
Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 10, 2015
Typical day would consist of various areas of working and cross training. Learned my excellent knife and cooking skills here from cooks and chefs! Management was good towards one and always there for one! Co-workers treated each other like family, so always such a great TEAM! I would say nothing hard about job. Most enjoyable was to serve guests an excellent service!
Family values
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 4, 2015
If you value your family life, quality of life and overall happiness please do not take a job at this place. You will be asked to work very long hours, receive no training and what ever you do never express your opinion to upper management ... you will be ridiculed and ostracized.

Levy says they are a family company ... just words to hire nice people that they will take advantage of.
Cons
Long hours, upper management does not care about the staff
Fun Relaxed Atmosphere
Night Controller (Current Employee) –  Dodger StadiumAugust 4, 2015
This is a relaxed company for which to work. The staff and employees are easy to work with and get along well. There is no yelling, no screaming, no one degrading you.
Pros
Free meals and drinks
Cons
Only work when Dodgers play at home