LEVY SECURITY Employee Reviews in United States

temp agency
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2015
due to the fact that this was a temp agency i worked at different sites for no more than three months for the longest i have the job detail on resume for that site but it was a good agency to work for
Pros
nice temp agency put you to work asap
Cons
no long term work
Great environment, great people to work with.
Security Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2015
Levy Security is a great company. They provide great compensation as well as great benefits. I have met some nice people there by which some I still keep in contact with today. You have a set schedule and the managers always play it fair.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Company may or may not keep contract with a site, therefore leads to potential layoffs.
bad service
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 6, 2015
the area and the pay did not match. and the supervisors where not doing they job correctly . always wanted to force people to work overtime for them. i was not satisfy
Pleasent Atmosaphere
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2014
Excellent work enviroment, as well as excellent staff and co-workers that worked as a team.
Good location to work at.
Assistant Watch Commander (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILFebruary 24, 2014
The typical day (or night) is fairly standard routine of patrolling the site, doing daily paperwork, helping the officers on my shift accomplish their tasks and also mentoring them for future positions. Overall, I've learned a lot in dealing with different personality types and trying to make the team work well together. Arguably, the most enjoyable thing about the job are my co-workers. Some of the best, most professional people I've ever dealt with. The hardest thing would have to be the long hours, especially on the overnights. There can be some very long nights dealing with that, especially when things are quiet. The site I am at, though, is second to none in terms of quality and beautiful natural surroundings. I only wish I could see it more during the daytime.
Pros
great location, excellent, professional co-workers.
Cons
not a lot of time away to rest for the hours worked.
No comment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2014
I learned a lot working at this company. Able to receive valuable information to better myself in the security field.
A job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  ChicagoNovember 19, 2013
The hardest part of this job is dealing with management. At one point I felt that if it wasn't for management then this job would have been fun.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
Under new Ownership
Chief Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 26, 2013
One of, if the best Security Companies in Chicago. Now called Apex 3 Security.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2013
A hectic ,fast pace, time demanding workforce. I became a stronger man working this job. So many different personalities to deal with, and I've learned how to deal with so many situations, from personal, to emergency. I owe them a great deal of gratitude.
Pros
compensation, room for advancement
Cons
forced shifts, but that's the security game
Levy was a great company to work for I would say.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2013
My typical day varied due to me going to different work sites with was alsome. I learned that doing security your work day would last forever due to you jst doing alot of watchiong and waiting for somthing to happen. My manager was the best guy to work for he was very easy going guy straight to the point. In security you really dnt get to interact with ur co workers due to one man posts.The hardest part of the day was just waiting on sumthing to happen and the most enjoyable part of the day was getting off due to you feeling like u've been there forever.
Pros
pay, heath covarge, manager
Cons
sites, six day work week to jst make under 40 hours
Good work environment
Post II Officer (Former Employee) –  ChicagoMay 10, 2013
Great place to work, sad that we lost the contract. Typical work day, first 30 mins are roll call, we talk about what happened the previous day and what is going to happen for the current day and give out post orders. The rest of the day is smooth sailing.
Levy
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2013
I patrolled a college campus, and ensured that the students had a healthy campus to study and walk through.
Pros
freedom to patrol the entire campus
Cons
hours sucked
good job for a beginner
Paratransit Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2012
its a good company to work for if you want to learn about security.
Pros
lost of overtime
Cons
hourly pay
Horrible Comapny
security guard (Former Employee) –  western suburbsNovember 5, 2012
I used to work for them 2 years ago. This is the worst security company I've ever worked at. The account we were at was downsizing and cutting back due to the bad economy. Instead of laying us off or transferring elsewhere Levy fired several people for made up reasons. One by one they picked us off so we couldn't collect unemployment. I know this for a fact because I kept in touch with one guard and he told me that none of those 4 fired was replaced. They simply eliminated the positions. We were not even allowed back into the building we worked at to collect some of our belongings. When I called my Account Manager he threatened us that if we show up he will call the police.
Pros
the benefits were ok
Cons
they lie and cheat their employees. the worst company ever !!!!!

Comment – April 23, 2013

I LOST MY FATHER,HOME ,CAR.. NO NEED 2 REMIND LEVY ABOUT HOW MUCH OF MY 4 YEARS I WORKED HARD TO GIVE THEM BUT THERE IS ONE THING I DON'T MISS THEM..LEVY IS FAITHLESS.

Enjoyed every second working with Levy
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2012
I enojyed to schedules given, the team, the site I was send to which was IIT. They offered over time at all times and the management were always available to talk if there were ever a problem. That goes for the any one higher then the managers also.
Love it will work again if given a chance
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2012
Great coworkers, good management , the hardest part was seeing kids in crisis the most enjoyble part was helping everyone I could . I learn that I;m not the only with problems . A typical day was like every other day going to work with a smile on my face.
Pros
great company to work for
Cons
sorry the contract ended
Roller Coaster
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2012
Typical day consisted of running the dispatch center and assisting management team with projects. I learn how to evaluate situations and assist with projects and education. The co-workers are interesting & management team is very laxed. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management and lazy staff. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with other hospital staff on projects and having great employe customer relations.
Pros
missed lunch which means paid lunch (30 mins ot)
Cons
under appreciated and over worked
A great experience
PSO Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2012
Awesome place to work Face paced no micro management. The company is commuted to great customer service.
Pros
the uniform
Cons
mandated doubles
fun workplace
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2012
Great company good people to work with and great environment.
People came from all around the world
Protective Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILMay 31, 2012
A typical day would be patroling the property and faciltys. I learned how a team of 4 people can provide security for antire campus. My coworkers were fun to work with and helpful to what ever you needed help with.