LEVY SECURITY

LEVY SECURITY Employer Reviews

NO COMMENT
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2014
I LEARNED A LOT WORKING AT THIS COMPANY. ABLE TO RECEIVE VALUABLE INFORMATION TO BETTER MYSELF IN THE SECURITY FIELD.
A job
Security Officer (Former Employee), ChicagoNovember 19, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management
The hardest part of this job is dealing with management. At one point I felt that if it wasn't for management then this job would have been fun.
Under new Ownership
Chief Administrative Officer (Former Employee), ChicagoSeptember 26, 2013
One of, if the best Security Companies in Chicago. Now called Apex 3 Security.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2013
Pros: compensation, room for advancement
Cons: forced shifts, but that's the security game
A hectic ,fast pace, time demanding workforce. I became a stronger man working this job. So many different personalities to deal with, and I've learned how to deal with so many situations, from personal, to emergency. I owe them a great deal of gratitude.
Levy was a great company to work for I would say.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2013
Pros: pay, heath covarge, manager
Cons: sites, six day work week to jst make under 40 hours
My typical day varied due to me going to different work sites with was alsome. I learned that doing security your work day would last forever due to you jst doing alot of watchiong and waiting for somthing to happen. My manager was the best guy to work for he was very easy going guy straight to the point. In security you really dnt get to interact with – more... ur co workers due to one man posts.The hardest part of the day was just waiting on sumthing to happen and the most enjoyable part of the day was getting off due to you feeling like u've been there forever. – less
Good work environment
Post II Officer (Former Employee), ChicagoMay 10, 2013
Great place to work, sad that we lost the contract. Typical work day, first 30 mins are roll call, we talk about what happened the previous day and what is going to happen for the current day and give out post orders. The rest of the day is smooth sailing.
Levy
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: freedom to patrol the entire campus
Cons: hours sucked
I patrolled a college campus, and ensured that the students had a healthy campus to study and walk through.
good job for a beginner
Paratransit Driver (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2012
Pros: lost of overtime
Cons: hourly pay
its a good company to work for if you want to learn about security.
Horrible Comapny
security guard (Former Employee), western suburbsNovember 5, 2012
Pros: the benefits were ok
Cons: they lie and cheat their employees. the worst company ever !!!!!
I used to work for them 2 years ago. This is the worst security company I've ever worked at. The account we were at was downsizing and cutting back due to the bad economy. Instead of laying us off or transferring elsewhere Levy fired several people for made up reasons. One by one they picked us off so we couldn't collect unemployment. I know this for – more... a fact because I kept in touch with one guard and he told me that none of those 4 fired was replaced. They simply eliminated the positions. We were not even allowed back into the building we worked at to collect some of our belongings. When I called my Account Manager he threatened us that if we show up he will call the police. – less

sallyl69 – April 23, 2013

I LOST MY FATHER,HOME ,CAR.. NO NEED 2 REMIND LEVY ABOUT HOW MUCH OF MY 4 YEARS I WORKED HARD TO GIVE THEM BUT THERE IS ONE THING I DON'T MISS THEM..LEVY IS FAITHLESS.

Enjoyed every second working with Levy
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2012
I enojyed to schedules given, the team, the site I was send to which was IIT. They offered over time at all times and the management were always available to talk if there were ever a problem. That goes for the any one higher then the managers also.
LOVE IT WILL WORK AGAIN IF GIVEN A CHANCE
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2012
Pros: great company to work for
Cons: sorry the contract ended
GREAT COWORKERS, GOOD MANAGEMENT , THE HARDEST PART WAS SEEING KIDS IN CRISIS THE MOST ENJOYBLE PART WAS HELPING EVERYONE I COULD . I LEARN THAT I;M NOT THE ONLY WITH PROBLEMS . A TYPICAL DAY WAS LIKE EVERY OTHER DAY GOING TO WORK WITH A SMILE ON MY FACE.
Roller Coaster
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: missed lunch which means paid lunch (30 mins ot)
Cons: under appreciated and over worked
Typical day consisted of running the dispatch center and assisting management team with projects. I learn how to evaluate situations and assist with projects and education. The co-workers are interesting & management team is very laxed. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management and lazy staff. The most enjoyable part of my job was working – more... with other hospital staff on projects and having great employe customer relations. – less
A great experience
PSO Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 15, 2012
Pros: the uniform
Cons: mandated doubles
Awesome place to work Face paced no micro management. The company is commuted to great customer service.
fun workplace
Security officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 12, 2012
Great company good people to work with and great environment.
People came from all around the world
Protective Service Officer (Former Employee), Saint Charles, ILMay 31, 2012
A typical day would be patroling the property and faciltys. I learned how a team of 4 people can provide security for antire campus. My coworkers were fun to work with and helpful to what ever you needed help with.
Good working relationships with the workers and clientele in office setting.
Public Safety Officer/Floater (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 3, 2012
Pros: good working, friendly enviroment; good pay and benefits; etc
The overall concept of working for Levy is customer satisfaction and clientele appeasment. Everyone respects each other andare all around friendly, courteous and respectful. The employees are fun to work with and most of them are very professional. The expectation of the Publc Safety Officer is high so that the cient is getting his/her money worth. – more... The only downfall in my particular job is as a floater and the holiday pay that is offered, there is no work for me between Thanksgiving and the second/third month of the year, other than that, it is a good company to work for with good training for advancement and strengthening your knowledge of not only the "Levy" concept but to broaden your own leadership skills. – less
lazy
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2012
Pros: it was a paycheck
Cons: too much to mention
the managers that i worked with were lazy and back stabbing to their workers.
Pretty good company
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee), Northwestern Memorial HospitalFebruary 23, 2012
Pros: hour long breaks, can work at your own pace, minimal supervision.
Cons: management
Good security company will help you with just about everything you will need starting out in security for the first time or experienced.
Stablility
public safety officer (Former Employee), illinois institute of technologyJanuary 2, 2012
Good place for stability and possible advancement no difference then any other job with the workplace drama

About LEVY SECURITY

This company's menu of operations feeds people out on the town and at the game. Levy Restaurants is a leading restaurant operator – Read more