Lewis Energy Group Employee Reviews

Emergency operations technition (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 26, 2017
Lewis was a great place to work. It was very much a family type atmosphere. I wasn't there long before there was a company picnic and outings but they treated my like I had been there for years. Hours were flexible and you could work as much as you like over 40 within reason. Training was structured and though some procedures were vague, common sense would help fill in any gaps. Leadership was available 24/7 for those odd situations. Mr. Lewis was very pleasant and incredibly personable to talk to and seemed genuinely interested about you, your background, and family.
Pros
Family atmosphere, paid vacations and bonuses, flexible schedule, right people in the right positions
Cons
Healthcare was a bit pricey
Good learing company
Lease Operator Pumper 2 (Former Employee) –  Encinal Texas 78019August 17, 2017
Very good company to work for routine for my job duties was to inspect well site repaired equipment when needed good training for all employees mangers were good all around good company to work for.
Pros
great company
Cons
need to compete with wages for gaugers
Your are just a number for them. No personal or individual needs are ever considered.
Lead Dispatcher, Field Services Department (Current Employee) –  Encinal, TXAugust 4, 2017
If you have a background in the armed forces, you may enjoy working for Lewis. No space for job improvement suggestions or for a more creative approach to what they are already doing-- entrepreneurial style need not apply. Stick to what you are told and sucking up to your boss, will keep you employed.
Pros
overtime pay
Cons
You need to sell your soul to work here
It was a good experience
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 2, 2017
It was a good experience to be part of a oil company and start the construction division, complete some great challenges on the private side of the company
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor organization
Nice work
Operations Geologist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 31, 2017
Excellent place to work. Management is very knowledgable and human relations is very responsive to employee needs. Overall, a very nice working environment.
it ok work on the oil fields
Driller Helper (Former Employee) –  Encinal, TXMay 25, 2017
Operators use compression engines that direct the fluid into machines that separate oil and natural gas. Workers perform maintenance and assembly duties for pipes, machinery, vehicles, gauges and oil meters. They are also responsible for shutting down wells in adherence to production schedules.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Training
Emergency Communications Tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2017
Training for new position is less than desired. You are given once chance to perform duties perfectly. If the duties are not performed perfectly, you do not get a second chance or feedback to improve--you get terminated.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Training
Bad
Completions Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Encinal, TXMarch 23, 2017
One word, nepotism! Most management is family or family friends of owner so there is no upward mobility, but the day I got there everyone said, WOW there is so much room for upward mobility. We worked long days with no support from office and little to no knowledge of senior management.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Nepotism
Lewis is a great company to work for if its your first oilfield job
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Encinal, TXFebruary 28, 2017
I never once had a bad experience at Lewis energy, I really enjoyed working for that company, especially since it was so close to home, I was back home every singe day after a 14great shift
Job advancement was very limited compared to workload.
Mechanic II (Former Employee) –  Encinal, TX 78019February 27, 2017
I felt overworked as I applied for a certain position and they expected me to do additional work for different positions. I felt it was a bit unfair as far as my compensation. It was a good workplace culture though. The hardest part of my job was driving to and from the job site as it was out of where I currently reside.
Productive fun place to work
Emergency Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Great place to work and grow in the oil and gas industry, fosters an environment of employee contributions and development.
Never again
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 6, 2017
There is no sense of job security, no training is offered, management doesn't want to hear of any problems and if you try they don't care
Cons
no job training, management doesn't care
Hard work and productive work with great pay
Heavy Equiptment Operator (Former Employee) –  Encinal, TXDecember 8, 2016
I would very much care to return to working in the field using heavy machine operations which is my greatest skill. I have over 20 years experience I feel I am absolutely qualified
Production Management Makes Work uneasy
Lease Operator/Pumper (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 29, 2016
Currently work as a lease operator. Over all management does not know what they are doing. Production Managers focus on other things and not production. As cliche as it sounds, it feels like you are incarcerated because you literally cant do anything. Great for the experience but other than that get it and move on to better things.
Pros
Get the experience
Cons
Bad Management
A company with clear objectives.
Coil Tubing Intern (Fracturing Intern) (Former Employee) –  Ecinal, TXJune 2, 2016
It is company that will help your development as professional engineer in Oil and Gas Industry, because it is vertically integrated. Vertically integrated means that dominate all the aspects of the production and selling of oil and gas.
Extremely Deficient Management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Encinal, TXMay 29, 2016
The big bosses do not know what are doing the medium or small bosses

There are a lot of bosses with no experience doing nothing billing a lot of hours "leading" the crew
Pros
Cons
Prepotent managers acting as owners
good place to start off
Pipe Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Encinal, TXMay 3, 2016
its a very good place to start off at. i learned alot of things in pipe welding and structrual welding to. overall its ok. I recommend it working here
Pros
overtime and good life balance
Cons
management
Excellent people to work with.
Geophysicist II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 12, 2016
Company that cares about its employees, and maintains a high standard working environment. Challenging projects, high work demand, but team work is paramount in getting projects to finish within budget and on time.
Pros
Good communication between departments
Cons
Like any oil & gas company, prone to suffer during severe market fluctuations.
Good company
Groundskeeper/Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 27, 2016
Good company to work for
Some supervisors need to learn how to supervise and not micromanage
Most people easy to work with
Great benefits, great people, job stability is questionable.
Logging Geologist (Current Employee) –  Encinal, TXFebruary 28, 2016
Overall great place to work. Job security is somewhat questionable due to market prices. Great people, great benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lewis Energy Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Lewis Energy Group Reviews by Location