Join the Lewis Fowler team where you will consult on complex, high-visibility programs and projects in a collaborative organization, providing you with the opportunity to grow professionally and technically. Our expert teams work in close collaboration with our clients to truly understand their business needs and mission goals. Lewis Fowler consultants also build careers in various verticals including: Oil & Gas, Energy, Aerospace, and IT. Our commitment to you is our philosophy of offering exceptional career experiences and a compelling mix of work and structure for career growth. We are seeking candidates for various positions including: Program/Project Management, Business Analysts, and Engineering.
Since 2002, Lewis Fowler has been connecting people, processes and technology to help Fortune 500 companies across the United States go further and do more. Our consulting group helps clients develop strategic insights and translate them into impact. Our clients look to us for industry and functional expertise combined with our ability to execute.
The Lead Project Analyst will act as an integral part of product development teams that span across multiple sites. Important duties include facilitating cost, scheduling, and risk management for complex programs while leading process improvement and tool implementation.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Leading development and modifications to the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), schedule, and cost accounts by using a variety of inputs (contract, SOW, technical baseline)
- Generating and maintaining activities that capture basis of estimate for both task cost and duration
- Developing and maintaining the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) that facilitates and supports the integration of program Cost, Schedule, and Technical Requirements and is well defined, properly linked and sequenced.
- Working with engineering technical managers to create the program schedule and later to status schedules at the task level.
- Analyzing critical path(s) and communicate status and risk to the program team.
- Performing variance analysis against the program baseline (cost and schedule impact) and participating with the team in root cause / corrective action analysis
- Scheduling and facilitating weekly schedule review meetings for the purpose of updating status.
- Executing the monthly cycle to create standard reports that support internal management and customer reviews
- Driving the cost accounting structure that enable Earned Value reporting based on WBS deliverables (CPI / SPI), report and understand Earned Value on all projects
- Maintaining the site planning systems that supports integration to the ERP (SAP) for EV reporting.
- Developing and maintaining program risk management schedule linkage throughout the life of the program
- Analyzing program status and recommend courses of action to the Program Manager
- Managing multiple high level programs that span multiple sites
- Driving and leading innovative approaches to define work and participates in creative problem solving
- Gathering and analyzing information and preparing status reports.
- Evaluating current procedures and recommending changes to improve the efficiency of planning and scheduling of projects.
- Effective Communication skills to effectively facilitate cross functional meetings and communication to structure, execute, and disposition day to day programmatic issues.
- An effective meeting organizer who sets clear meeting objectives and agenda, understands who needs to be engaged, is able to maintain control of the discussion to achieve the desired outcome, and possesses the organization & leadership skills to follow through and drive closure.
- Problem solving ability to identify and quickly resolve complex issues.
- Assess risk/challenges/impact and recommend solutions and options. This includes solid root cause analysis, driving corrective action plans to closure, effective engagement, communicating and influencing stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including ability to lead project teams to establish and maintain master schedule baselines (PMB) including “what-if” scenarios to simulate multiple paths to achieve program goals and objectives
- Development Life Cycle thorough understanding of the product development life cycle to enable ability to recommend changes to recover or mitigate Cost, Schedule, and Technical performance
- Scheduling (Best Practices) Ability to master the use of a complex scheduling program.
- Superior ability to organize work flow from multiple and overlapping schedules.
- Scheduling (Risks) Thorough understanding of schedule risks, pitfalls, and weaknesses including ability the recognize these at a glance and with add-on tools
- Critical Path Analysis Thorough understanding of critical path analysis and how to work the schedule to mitigate risk, recover schedule delays, and add robustness
- Risk Management thorough understanding of risk management process
Interpreting Metrics Thorough understanding of how to interpret metrics including knowing what drives the trends
- Leading Indicators Thorough understanding of how to establish and read leading indicators using historical trends
- Earned Value Thorough understanding of all EV metrics and trend analysis (interpretations, calculations, limitations)
- Advanced Analysis Demonstrated ability to perform advanced analysis and make program recommendations based on information from the analysis of the Integrated Product Development System (IPDS)
- Possesses an understanding of product development processes and is able to navigate it, leading others through the design and intent of IPDS, to drive the appropriate level of rigor and control.
- MS Project Thorough understanding of Microsoft Project© and other add-on tools to perform schedule quality checks, critical path analysis, and Monte Carlos simulation on key milestones
- Thorough tools understanding of all Scheduling, EV and RDE tools, scorecards, and dashboards
- Requires a bachelor's degree and 6-8 years of experience in Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Program Management or related field.
- Familiar with a variety of PP&C concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Minimum Years of Experience: 3-5 years of applicable experience in program environment
- Microsoft Project Experience: minimum of 5 years MS Project including developing resource loaded schedules and complex schedules
- Microsoft Excel Experience: understanding of Excel functions, pivot tables, and charts/graphs
- Microsoft Office: Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Additional skills a plus:
- SAP Project Systems, Dassian Project Builder
- PMI CAPM or PMP Certification preferred
- Minimum Certification Requirements: Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
- Knowledge of aerospace industry preferred
- Recognized leader within peer group and a willingness to champion change in a rapidly evolving environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with team members located across the globe
CANDIDATES MUST BE OF U.S. CITIZEN/PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS
Indeed - 8 months ago
Join the Lewis Fowler team where you will consult on complex, high-visibility programs and projects in a collaborative organization,...