lewis tree service Employee Reviews

would never work here again
Climber/Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAOctober 3, 2017
Manager brought us on with promises of moving with them to union work. had us working longer hours than rest of the crews to complete their circuits before leaving to new jersey without informing us
Excellent
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  West Henrietta, NYMay 31, 2017
Long hard working days, fast paced. Teamwork is a major plus with this company. Lot of room for learning and expanding your skills if you have any in this industry. Big recommendation for this company to anyone.
Excellent company that provides exposure to the electrical distribution industry
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, MAApril 24, 2017
The work can be hard as you are exposed to the elements of nature however the exposure that an individual gets to the electrical distribution industry can be helpful.
Lewis
Trimmer/Groundman/Bucket Operator/ Clearing Crew (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2017
Grass is not greener on the other side, people leave and want to come back. Why? because we're unique and like a family, we love, yell, annoy , support and are there for each other. Our grass is green and growing- and like all lawns, few patches here and there =).
great people -- good advancement, great education opportunities
Area Supervisor ---Chicago Div 10 (Former Employee) –  glenbard ilFebruary 26, 2017
managers are hands on. Healthcare is good. 4-10 hr days possible weekends, hands on attitude, hardest part is being needed in more than one place at a time,
Pros
ot available
Cons
corporate out of state
Decent place
Project Coordinator/Permission Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 18, 2016
Everyone was great to work for. But I was promised a lot and was given none of it. So a lot of broken promises Overall its a good company to work for, no complaints other then the managers don't stick to what they say.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Insurance
Outside work
Vegetation management (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 14, 2016
Good work great benefits long advancement time with little or no chance to make a difference that is noticed. management doesn't understand the work
Tree climber and Groundman (Former Employee) –  West Henrietta, NYJune 10, 2016
It's a great place to work! A lot of hours and the benefits are good. Some of the management should be changed but overall a great place to work.
Great job
groundsman (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 28, 2016
I loved working for this company it was hard work which i like. the general foremans knew what to do and how to relay such information to the crews. I frequently spent time with my co-workers when we weren't working we were like a family more than co-workers
Pros
great pay
Cons
the heat
Unfair in work. Mostly family
Bucket foreman (Former Employee) –  KentuckyNovember 9, 2015
Family uses one another to climb the ladder of success. Takes long breaks or goes home and says they are working when they are not.
Pros
Cons
Health insurance isn't very good
Good company to work for , employee oriented
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Florida & VirginiaJune 25, 2015
Depending where you are and the management you are under, all in all one of the best tree companies in the USA to work for. Employee owned and is in the top 100 ESOPS.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Learned a great deal and worked with very capable people.
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJune 2, 2015
The company put its employees first in regards to safety and I was impressed by the on job training practices.
I enjoyed the job and would still be working there if it weren't for health issues I dealt with at that time.
Okay experience as a temp.
Seasonal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYMay 27, 2015
It was a decent business admin temp job, paid okay. I was told over and over again I would be offered full time and basically had the rug pulled out under me without notice. I was let go in 1 day without any idea.
Chipping, Cutting Limbs
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Ochlocknee, GAMay 2, 2015
A typical day you would come in at 7:00 then leave and go to the job site which is constantly moving, work until Lunch time which is 12:00 you take a lunch break for about 30 minutes. After your lunch break you work until 5:00 then you go back to show up.

What I have learned is you have to patience and also have to know when to work.

Management was good they needed a little more common sense but other that they cared for their employers.

Coworkers were good some were kinda lazy but some worked hard.

Hardest part of the job would have to be that it was hot, hard, and very long.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that there were good people at the work place
Pros
Good People, Good benefits
Cons
Hot, Long time on Feet
not much to say,
green horn (Current Employee) –  waymartFebruary 18, 2015
get up go to work the crew leader tells us what we are doing basically job review, makes sure everyone had their equipment and if not will go get it, is a great service to work for if you fit in basically, like I can easily complain bout a few things but they are better left unsaid because it would be considered constructive criticism.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Decent job for experience. Not exciting work and the work environment isn't great.
Seasonal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYFebruary 11, 2015
I worked a temp job here and it was decent for supplementing my income for a few months. The job was boring and monotonous, the management was non-existent and not all the employees in the department were that helpful. I was let go after having been given hints for weeks I would hired in full time. Extremely disrespectful the way I was let go so abruptly. I would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Good amount of freedom for how to do work
Cons
Boring, poor management and culture
Great company
Tree Trimmer (Former Employee) –  West Henrietta, NYJanuary 8, 2015
Great company to work for. Travel while working to make decent wages. Whenever a storm hits, one has a possibility to make over 40,000 a year working time and a half and double time. You also receive per-diem. Co-workers are good people to work with. Management is friendly.
Good work environment, very safety conscience.
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAOctober 16, 2014
Learned a lot, worked a lot, traveled when necessary, enjoyed the experience.
Productive and very helpful workplace
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 7, 2014
I learned to be more safe and work at a great pace My co-workers were always helpful and told me what not to do and what to do. The management was great they always regarded safety over any and everything and they also treated their employees with respect. Being with a different culture and learning how to work with them was enjoyable.
Pros
the managers would take os out for lunch and always pay for it.
Cons
Don't have any complaints about this organization.
great company
t3 groundman (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 30, 2014
long drive to start
worked with great guys
my foreman was the best tree guy ever
awsome co-workers
hardest part of the day climbing trees
most enjoyable the way home when we
car pooled