lewis tree service Employee Reviews

Outside work
Vegetation management (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 14, 2016
Good work great benefits long advancement time with little or no chance to make a difference that is noticed. management doesn't understand the work
Tree climber and Groundman (Former Employee) –  West Henrietta, NYJune 10, 2016
It's a great place to work! A lot of hours and the benefits are good. Some of the management should be changed but overall a great place to work.
Great job
groundsman (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 28, 2016
I loved working for this company it was hard work which i like. the general foremans knew what to do and how to relay such information to the crews. I frequently spent time with my co-workers when we weren't working we were like a family more than co-workers
Pros
great pay
Cons
the heat
Unfair in work. Mostly family
Bucket foreman (Former Employee) –  KentuckyNovember 9, 2015
Family uses one another to climb the ladder of success. Takes long breaks or goes home and says they are working when they are not.
Pros
Cons
Health insurance isn't very good
Good company to work for , employee oriented
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Florida & VirginiaJune 25, 2015
Depending where you are and the management you are under, all in all one of the best tree companies in the USA to work for. Employee owned and is in the top 100 ESOPS.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Learned a great deal and worked with very capable people.
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJune 2, 2015
The company put its employees first in regards to safety and I was impressed by the on job training practices.
I enjoyed the job and would still be working there if it weren't for health issues I dealt with at that time.
Okay experience as a temp.
Seasonal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYMay 27, 2015
It was a decent business admin temp job, paid okay. I was told over and over again I would be offered full time and basically had the rug pulled out under me without notice. I was let go in 1 day without any idea.
Chipping, Cutting Limbs
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Ochlocknee, GAMay 2, 2015
A typical day you would come in at 7:00 then leave and go to the job site which is constantly moving, work until Lunch time which is 12:00 you take a lunch break for about 30 minutes. After your lunch break you work until 5:00 then you go back to show up.

What I have learned is you have to patience and also have to know when to work.

Management was good they needed a little more common sense but other that they cared for their employers.

Coworkers were good some were kinda lazy but some worked hard.

Hardest part of the job would have to be that it was hot, hard, and very long.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that there were good people at the work place
Pros
Good People, Good benefits
Cons
Hot, Long time on Feet
not much to say,
green horn (Current Employee) –  waymartFebruary 18, 2015
get up go to work the crew leader tells us what we are doing basically job review, makes sure everyone had their equipment and if not will go get it, is a great service to work for if you fit in basically, like I can easily complain bout a few things but they are better left unsaid because it would be considered constructive criticism.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Decent job for experience. Not exciting work and the work environment isn't great.
Seasonal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYFebruary 11, 2015
I worked a temp job here and it was decent for supplementing my income for a few months. The job was boring and monotonous, the management was non-existent and not all the employees in the department were that helpful. I was let go after having been given hints for weeks I would hired in full time. Extremely disrespectful the way I was let go so abruptly. I would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Good amount of freedom for how to do work
Cons
Boring, poor management and culture

Want to know more about lewis tree service?

Ask a question
Great company
Tree Trimmer (Former Employee) –  West Henrietta, NYJanuary 8, 2015
Great company to work for. Travel while working to make decent wages. Whenever a storm hits, one has a possibility to make over 40,000 a year working time and a half and double time. You also receive per-diem. Co-workers are good people to work with. Management is friendly.
Good work environment, very safety conscience.
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAOctober 16, 2014
Learned a lot, worked a lot, traveled when necessary, enjoyed the experience.
Productive and very helpful workplace
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 7, 2014
I learned to be more safe and work at a great pace My co-workers were always helpful and told me what not to do and what to do. The management was great they always regarded safety over any and everything and they also treated their employees with respect. Being with a different culture and learning how to work with them was enjoyable.
Pros
the managers would take os out for lunch and always pay for it.
Cons
Don't have any complaints about this organization.
great company
t3 groundman (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 30, 2014
long drive to start
worked with great guys
my foreman was the best tree guy ever
awsome co-workers
hardest part of the day climbing trees
most enjoyable the way home when we
car pooled
tree service
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  W Henrietta, NYNovember 30, 2013
safety consious knowledgable people.
close knit group. able to advance if willing to do so.
not a bad place to work lack of local work
treeman 2 (Former Employee) –  West Henrietta, NYOctober 22, 2013
most fellow employees were good to work with and enjoyed the job
Fun place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Henrietta, NYAugust 20, 2013
My day started meeting crews at yard, dispensing work and supplies needed for their daily work, also hiring of officers/flaggers. Then continued rest of day getting more work ready in order to keep 18 crews busy. I also helped manager in tracking progress of work to meet goals of our contractor, along with other administrative tasks. I worked with a very diverse group and everyone was dedicated to getting the job done. The hardest part of the job was getting some of the customers to understand the need for work.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting many new people.
Good company with a lot of equipment.
Tree Arborist (Former Employee) –  W Henrietta, NYAugust 17, 2013
A typical day is traveling to meeting yard for instruction. I've learned skills in tree climbing, work with ropes, tying knots, using equipment such as chain saws, chippers, bucket trucks. Maintaining and repairing equipment. The hardest part of day would be climbing trees in rain or snow. The most enjoyable is the view.
Cons
A lot of travel and no benefits.
productive and fun workplace in production trimming
Groundperson / Tree trimmer for JEA (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville,FLJuly 12, 2013
Hard work sometimes can be hard to to pull brush apart to feed into chipper. I have learned a lot in my carrer of being a groundperson also in trimming .
Pros
Free water
Cons
Short breaks
Groundsman ok company to work for
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  new york,new yorkMarch 25, 2013
good full time job.learned a lot from the job how to do it right and safe. Management is not around a lot. co-workers are great to work with and the hardest part of the job was during storm calls. the most enjoyable part of the job was overtime.
Pros
overtime
Cons
mangers never around

Ask a question about working or interviewing at lewis tree service. Our community is ready to answer.