LEWIS Employee Reviews

Closed down
Shop Worker (Former Employee) –  Headland, ALJanuary 20, 2016
Company sold out to another company. Very nice folks to work for. Very friendly staff and co workers. Shame that it had closed.
family orienated company
collator operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 9, 2015
setup and operate bindery machinery. I learned to work fast and produce quality business forms. The management really loved hard workers. Everybody had to work together and closely watch for errors. The machines were rated per hour per job. I loved getting my production score and making over 100%. The worst part was when the company sold out and the new one started the swing shift - 4 weeks 1st / 4 weeks 2nd.
Pros
excelling the 100% quote
Cons
some jobs were extremely slow running
very cheap pay
Forgein language trainer (Former Employee) –  Ft. Dix, NJDecember 8, 2015
the contract was cheap and won't pay you if work was cancelled on their behalf . they don't give you specific schedule and sometimes you have to watch your total hours
Challenging work, good team members and secure work environment
Litigation Paralegal/Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FloridaAugust 30, 2015
LBBS is a large multi-state firm that has top tier clients and challenging and interesting cases. I enjoy working for the team I am with and I would not be looking at other opportunities but for the commute to work each day, which can take up to two hours each way. Therefore, I am looking to see if there is something comparable in the Miami area.
Pros
Challenging work and good team
Cons
Commute too far (up to 15 hours per week)
Fast-paced but very good place to work
Bookkeeper/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 5, 2015
I absolutely loved working there. Left for a promotion. Now that I don't need to make as much, I wish they had an opening and I would go back. It is a fast-paced environment with many deadlines but still a peaceful atmosphere. Treated like family.
Pros
Really good owners and co-workers
Cons
None really
Wonderful firm!
Legal Litigation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 24, 2015
Great firm to work for. They definitely get the job done! The trial work was very rewarding. It was sometimes difficult to balance general work vs. trial work, but we got the job done and in a timely manner.
Great morale
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 18, 2014
Great learning experience. Great company to work for. Learned so much as a starting point.
Pros
professional atmosphere in the heart of downtown los angeles.
Cons
big law firm.
simple, large old-school law firm
Indexing & Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2014
Used to be a much better place to work, but they rarely promote from within and/or give raises.
Merger
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FloridaSeptember 4, 2014
Lewis, Birch and Ricardo, LLC merged with a larger Firm. Uncertain of future.
Pros
employee benefits
Cons
no job security
A very energetic and knowledgeable staff...
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2014
A burgeoning branch of a firm out of Los Angeles that boasts over 850 attorneys nationwide. This firm has been a great place to work. With practices that range from medical malpractice to many types of Insurance litigation there is much to learn here and many to learn from.
Pros
competitive salaries
Cons
high healthcare costs
Employee Appreciation
Project/File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2014
I began working for Lewis Roca in the Real Estate department to get experience in the legal field. I never know how my day is going to go as they always have me doing something different. I now work for Litigation as well and am gaining a lot of experience. Most of my co-workers have been with the company many years. Sometimes it's hard to manage working for many people in different departments but we work it out and always get the job done.
Pros
we get free lunch when they have left over from a meeting
Cons
i'm working part time so i have no benefits. i need full time work
Internship
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJune 12, 2014
Shadowed attorneys in a variety of settings to include
corporate legal office, courthouse, courtroom, document
development and filings.
great working with high school students
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lewis County High SchoolJanuary 13, 2014
Worked as an athletic trainer with the football players.Great experience
Pros
the patients
Cons
poor facilities
Procedures need a lot of work
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FloridaOctober 17, 2013
Management and procedures need a lot of work. To much time spent recording time working on clients books.
Excellence
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 1, 2013
Lewis Rice is a wonderful place to work. Work load & types of work vary from day to day as cases progress. The people in every level of management, attorney, and staff are what make the firm what it is. They are a great group of people. The firm creates a high demand of excellence of everyone who walks through their doors.
Pros
great atomosphere, wonderful people, excellent insurance, & experience
Cons
hours & salary
Fun group
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 1, 2013
Extremely busy litigation desk. I enjoyed transcribing tapes and hearing about the medical malpractice cases.
Pros
supportive attorneys
Productive, easy going
Receptionist / Billing Department (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 11, 2013
Learned how to submit billing for the lawyer's. We dealt with difficult clients who didn't always pay there balance, so that was the hardest part of my job. Management was pretty organized, they taught me how to use there system for submitting bills. My co-workers were all fun to work with and helpful if I ever needed there assistance.
Pros
free breakfast's on friday's, holiday parties.
Cons
no healthcare benits
great place learned fundamentals take w/ me for lifetime
Shop Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Creola, ALFebruary 27, 2013
something is always going to go wrong. just how you handle it. A seal needs to be replaced, a blown tire, weld brackets on a trailer, fix pipe stakes, or weld coil racks. Everyday is different. Keep your attitude right no matter what the situation and the outcome is always good. Getting to go fishing when we fixed the boats or boat trailers was always cool.
Pros
great food & close to home. great a/c
Great people, great environment, great firm
Office Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CANovember 6, 2012
I would start out the day in the mail room sorting through buckets of mail for the handling attorneys; one would think this to be tedious, dull, and boring work but the personalities in the mail room, with other clerks made it enjoyable and fun to be apart of. The rest of my day would consist of scanning, attaching, retrieving, organizing, and copying casework to corresponding cases. Management can be rough around the edges, but I understood that they just wanted me to do and be the best I could and their straight forward, cut-throat attitude was advice and criticism I learned from and desired.
Pros
lunches were provided for my work group on a daily basis. bagels provided by the firm on fridays.
Cons
management
Pleasant atmosphere, good people to work with, little supervision
Certified Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 30, 2012
Take calls re: scheduling mediations; prepare mediation confirmation letters and mediation agreements; work on interrogatory responses and any other pleadings and correspondence needed at the time; handle calls from divorce clients; communicate with court clerks in order to obtain information on cases and documents; prioritize workload daily.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
45 minute drive to work; cubbies instead of individual offices