LEWIS

LEWIS Employer Reviews

simple, large old-school law firm
Indexing & Records Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2014
Used to be a much better place to work, but they rarely promote from within and/or give raises.
Merger
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee), Clearwater, FloridaSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: employee benefits
Cons: no job security
Lewis, Birch and Ricardo, LLC merged with a larger Firm. Uncertain of future.
A very energetic and knowledgeable staff...
Paralegal (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: competitive salaries
Cons: high healthcare costs
A burgeoning branch of a firm out of Los Angeles that boasts over 850 attorneys nationwide. This firm has been a great place to work. With practices that range from medical malpractice to many types of Insurance litigation there is much to learn here and many to learn from.
Employee Appreciation
Project/File Clerk (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2014
Pros: we get free lunch when they have left over from a meeting
Cons: i'm working part time so i have no benefits. i need full time work
I began working for Lewis Roca in the Real Estate department to get experience in the legal field. I never know how my day is going to go as they always have me doing something different. I now work for Litigation as well and am gaining a lot of experience. Most of my co-workers have been with the company many years. Sometimes it's hard to manage working for many people in different departments but we work it out and always get the job done.
Internship
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Dothan, ALJune 12, 2014
Shadowed attorneys in a variety of settings to include
corporate legal office, courthouse, courtroom, document
development and filings.
great working with high school students
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee), Lewis County High SchoolJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: the patients
Cons: poor facilities
Worked as an athletic trainer with the football players.Great experience
Procedures need a lot of work
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Clearwater, FloridaOctober 17, 2013
Management and procedures need a lot of work. To much time spent recording time working on clients books.
Excellence
Office Clerk (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 1, 2013
Pros: great atomosphere, wonderful people, excellent insurance, & experience
Cons: hours & salary
Lewis Rice is a wonderful place to work. Work load & types of work vary from day to day as cases progress. The people in every level of management, attorney, and staff are what make the firm what it is. They are a great group of people. The firm creates a high demand of excellence of everyone who walks through their doors.
Fun group
Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 1, 2013
Pros: supportive attorneys
Extremely busy litigation desk. I enjoyed transcribing tapes and hearing about the medical malpractice cases.
Productive, easy going
Receptionist / Billing Department (Former Employee), Melville, NYMay 11, 2013
Pros: free breakfast's on friday's, holiday parties.
Cons: no healthcare benits
Learned how to submit billing for the lawyer's. We dealt with difficult clients who didn't always pay there balance, so that was the hardest part of my job. Management was pretty organized, they taught me how to use there system for submitting bills. My co-workers were all fun to work with and helpful if I ever needed there assistance.
great place learned fundamentals take w/ me for lifetime
Shop Mechanic (Former Employee), Creola, ALFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: great food & close to home. great a/c
something is always going to go wrong. just how you handle it. A seal needs to be replaced, a blown tire, weld brackets on a trailer, fix pipe stakes, or weld coil racks. Everyday is different. Keep your attitude right no matter what the situation and the outcome is always good. Getting to go fishing when we fixed the boats or boat trailers was always cool.
Great people, great environment, great firm
Office Services Clerk (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CANovember 6, 2012
Pros: lunches were provided for my work group on a daily basis. bagels provided by the firm on fridays.
Cons: management
I would start out the day in the mail room sorting through buckets of mail for the handling attorneys; one would think this to be tedious, dull, and boring work but the personalities in the mail room, with other clerks made it enjoyable and fun to be apart of. The rest of my day would consist of scanning, attaching, retrieving, organizing, and copying casework to corresponding cases. Management can be rough around the edges, but I understood that they just wanted me to do and be the best I could and their straight forward, cut-throat attitude was advice and criticism I learned from and desired.
Pleasant atmosphere, good people to work with, little supervision
Certified Paralegal (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNSeptember 30, 2012
Pros: friendly people
Cons: 45 minute drive to work; cubbies instead of individual offices
Take calls re: scheduling mediations; prepare mediation confirmation letters and mediation agreements; work on interrogatory responses and any other pleadings and correspondence needed at the time; handle calls from divorce clients; communicate with court clerks in order to obtain information on cases and documents; prioritize workload daily.
Lewis
Phamacy Clerk (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDApril 4, 2012
Pros: friendly coworkers, breaks
Cons: not to flexiable and low pay
I like working there everyone is really nice. A typical day at work is checking out prescriptions and doing other small tasks. I learned diffrent types of medication and that some people dont like to wait in line so you must move at a fast pace. My coworkers are the best they know what to do if i dont and they are also very helpful. Hardest part was pronocing the diffrent meds. i get to meet new people everyday and thats always fun..