LexiCode Employee Reviews

Fast Paced but relaxed environment
OP Medical Coding Auditor (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 20, 2017
The managers are very easy to work with and ver energetic about learning opportunities. They push their employees to excel and grow. They also provide lots of training opportunities.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Competitive
Loved working for Lexicode
Senior Inpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 17, 2017
Really wish I hadn't been laid off, b/c I really like this company. Unfortunately, no clients had openings and I was without work for a month, so layoffs came. All of the account managers I worked with were great - very supportive and encouraging.
Pros
Ability to work from home, usually with a flexible schedule
Cons
Job instability, no co-workers to converse with.
Worked a s a consultant
CODING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  VariousMay 15, 2017
I was on the road most of the time. I usually drove to the assigned client. I had varied work assignments depending on the clients needs. I worked at the client as this was prior to EHR.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Earliest flights possible.
Watch out for the axe
Clinical DRG Auditor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 25, 2017
We were hired (many lured away from other jobs) with the promise of a long term career. They sent us all packing after 8 months as they were dependent on a contract that they did not actually have. 60 nurses left careers and were mislead into believing that this company would be a long term career move - turns out that this was not the case. Caveat emptor.
Pros
Pay was decent
Remote Coding
ER Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 24, 2017
Remote coding makes it so I have not met my managers and have never been involved in a party. I know most about my managers becoming friends on social media.
Pros
Flexible lunchtime
Cons
Dental program is weak.
Contract Revoked for all employees
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 4, 2017
Strenuous teaching only to have our contract not renewed after 7 months of employment. Education/training 5 weeks in South Carolina. UR/UM, ICD 9 & 10
Lexicode is a great company to work for!
Manager, Consulting Services (Current Employee) –  MissouriApril 2, 2017
I have worked for Lexicode for quite a while. I started straight out of college and have worked my way up throughout the years. Lexicode has always had work for me. Management always listens when I have any kind of complaints or concerns. Schedules are flexible when needed and they have provided the additional ceus you need to maintain certification and additional education when you need refreshers or help in an area. I would highly recommend Lexicode. They are very competitive in salaries or production. If you are looking for a place to work that trusts your judgement and entrusts you to work professionally, this is the place for you.
Pros
ceus, education, all resources needed (books, 3M encoder, etc), laptop.
Cons
Not for unexperienced coders who need constant supervision. No matching 401K
Great Company!
Outpatient Surgery Coder (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 25, 2017
Great company to work for who provides plenty of educational training to help you advance in your coding area. They continue to look for clients to provide employees with FT work.
Misleading flex schedule and downtime
Senior Inpatient Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCJanuary 19, 2017
Ask a lot of questions before hiring on about downtime and flex schedule, it seems to be more for them than the employee, communication is not good and misleading.
remote job
Inpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCJanuary 4, 2017
Got laid off, due to not enough work. Co-workers were easy to get a long with . Flexible work schedules and vacation days.
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
not enough work
Remote Coder
Remote Coder (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 2, 2016
PROS
-Good auditors
-Earn CEU's
-flexible hours
-good benefits
-wage was awesome
-nice account managers

CONS
-managers do not protect coders, it's more about pleasing the client
-have a policy that prohibits coders from working for competition, not a good policy to have when they are dropping coders and they have nothing to fall back on
-was let go with no notice because they did not have enough work available for coders
-abundant system issues which affects productivity
Great opportunity
Inpatient Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 9, 2016
I appreciate having had the opportunity to work for LexiCode. Working from home was very convenient for me. I wish it had lasted longer.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Stay clear of this company
OP Coder (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaAugust 20, 2016
Lexicode over hires and doesn't have work for their employees. Management gives no warnings and you only find out on Friday you have no hours the next week. The whole upper management team does not seem to care because it is in their incomes affected.

I have been there a number of years and always had great evals, but new employees were given my hours. They know how to work "the system" because they don't technically lay off anyone, just no longer give them hours.

The management system is strange because you have multiple managers even if you only work for one of their clients. The lack of communication with them is more than I have ever seen anywhere else. You would think communication would be a high priority, especially when most people are remote, but its definitely not, or at least is not with the team I am on.
Pros
They provide books and computers
Cons
about everything else
Expect to experience a lot of frustration.
Remote Employee (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaAugust 16, 2016
LexiCode does not treat remote employees very well. Many of the account managers and upper management lack appreciation for their employees. Each employee has a "direct manager", but are very rarely heard from. There is very little encouragement or positive feedback. They have also started to delay raises, even for excellent employees. Unlike other postings I've seen, there really is no lack for work. All things considered, I would not recommend LexiCode as an employer.
Pros
Benefits provided. Fair wage. Plenty of work. On-going training. Somewhat flexible schedule.
Cons
Lack of appreciation, slow to give raises, no matching 401k.
Try another company
Remote Coder (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 2, 2016
Lack of work means you get laid off. No warning. No apologies. You don't even get to keep coding books that you've written notes in. Good luck finding a future coding job.

I use to hear such great things about Lexicode. It was the place to be. I don't know what happened.
Pros
Flexibility. Pay is decent
Cons
Not enough work but still hiring people and laying current people off
okay place to work. benefits were very good here.
Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJuly 2, 2016
Liked working here. They placed me in hospitals that had really good systems. I ran out of work almost every day which was not good. I wish I could have been in a place that had a lot of work.
Wonderful Company to work for.
IP Coder/ DRG validation (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC 29210June 22, 2016
Great Company to work for. Management is wonderful, wages are competitive, and continuing education can't be beat. Would recommend this company for any type of coding. Whether it be IP, OP, SDS, or ED.
Pros
Wages, Remote coding available, education/training
Cons
the best company i ever worked!!!
Remote Senior Coder (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 3, 2016
I have a lot to say about this company. Every single employee in this company is happy with their jobs. Recruiters, account managers, auditors, icd10 trainers,human resources staff, eveybody is always available to help you. The salary is not as high as other companies, but they offer job stability. They have great benefits. GReat company !!!
Pros
Supportive, excellent training, great benefits
Cons
not very high salary!
I enjoyed working for them. DRG auditing is right up my alley.
RN Auditor - Associate Manager Consulting Division (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 10, 2016
Appreciated the 5 weeks of on-site training to learn the position. Enjoyed working with the educator. Love DRG auditing.
Pros
Remote position, discretionary time off
Cons
None for me.
Love my DRG Validation Job!!
Associate Manager, Consulting Servies (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaApril 29, 2016
The best managers and co-workers. Everyone very knowledgeable. I love the working remote atmosphere. Position very challenging and rewarding.
Pros
Management and co-workers
Cons
Lack of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LexiCode. Our community is ready to answer.