LexiCode

LexiCode Employer Reviews

Unorganized and sloppily ran company
CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Irmo, SCApril 30, 2014
Pros: compensation, opportunities for engagements without prior experience
Cons: inconsistency, lack of communication
I often wondered if the president of the company was aware of the complaints that have been lodged but never resolved. Orientation is nil. Management is overworked resulting in poor quality of work. The coding process is insane, for lack of a better word. Have never seen such a poorly ran company in my more than 25 years in the industry. Conflicting – more... instructions is a common occurrence along with NO communication ! Not uncommon for employees to be left hanging for hours waiting for responses to questions. Several employees have complained about the lack of confidence they possess in management. Several complaints about the lack of concern for employees from management. A good thing about this company is that there is opportunity to get experience in areas that you have none. The bad thing is that it often results in inconsistent, inaccurate quality of work. This company could be so much more than it is if only upper management would take a good look at what is around them, listen to employee concerns then investigate them. Hire knowledgeable people for your education department. Someone who can actually apply coding rules instead of just quoting them. Too many more complaints from employees to list. – less
good old girls enviroment
consultant (Former Employee), Irmo, SCJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: good money, work from home, paid ceus
Cons: very clickish culture, sweatshop atmosphere in training and reviewing
onsite concurrent reviews,chart reviews, management clueless about certain job descriptions, sweatshop mentality and surroundings, hotel they put you up in is scummy, have to use your own credit card then get your money back.
Have money saved up before you work
Coder (Former Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 20, 2013
Pros: training and flexible schedule
Cons: compensation...no ot
Sweat shop coding...if you need to make money but do not have any saved up...do not apply....management is somewhat incompetent...good ole boys themed workplace...they say they are doing all they can to help but actually are not...they see you struggling and know what the issue is and still ask is everything ok...
Verile sterile work environment
Inpatient Medical Records Coder (Former Employee), Irmo, SCNovember 1, 2013
Pros: able to work remotely at home
Cons: difficulty learning several different clients at once
The work environment was very pressured. Management did not want to be bothered with questions or to help people advance in any way. They made it almost impossible to obtain productivity due to alternating what account a person was to work on almost weekly.
Work
Remote Coding (Current Employee), NYJuly 17, 2013
Pros: very helpful and great pay
Cons: multiple clients is sometimes hard but its worth it in the end
I love working with LexiCode. I have been here for 5 years and the staff has been very helpful. If anything comes up the managers are always willing to help me work through it. I work per record in remote and make double what I made in a hospital.
terrible place to work
coder (Former Employee), remoteMay 14, 2013
Cons: everything
you will regret going to work for Lexicode the managers are incompetent and unavailable you are left hanging with a problem and no one to help and you get paid by the chart so no matter how long it takes you to code the number of charts needed to make the amount of money you need you have to work so they don't care if they ever get back to you and your – more... problem it doesn't hurt their bottom line stay away from this place you will work 60+ hours a week just to make a minimal amount of money – less
Perfect for me
Coder (Current Employee), RemoteMay 8, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, benefits, holiday pay, pto
I have worked for this company for nearly 10 years and some of the reviews I have seen are completely mind boggling! I feel as though I need to address some of the issues raised.

Training - We have an awesome training program! It's very comprehensive and thorough. We work with a varied array of record types and training is provided for all of them. – more... Yes this training is intense, but this is a high demand field and high demand job.

Training per client - With as many clients that we have it's very hard to be trained 100%. A lot of the times it is trail and error. If you don't get trained properly or you feel that you don't understand the program you can ask for further help or ask to be taken off a client. I personally have informed the client of things that they didn't even know their software could do. This is not a reflection on the company, this is a learning opportunity. The more you know the more valuable you are.

Per record pay - Pay per record means you get to basically make your paycheck! With the many records that we work on there is plenty of work. If you don't let your manager know that you are running low, then they won't know that you need work. I know many coders who work less than 40 hrs and are making GREAT pay!

Advancement - Not sure where "no room for advancement" came from either. Most of our current managers all started out as coders, either at the remote center or traveling and have worked their way up the ladder in this company. And no, they aren't all "favorites" of management either.

Benefits - I know many other coding companies that pay well, BUT don't offer benefits at all. Yes $40/hour is good pay, but when you don't get offered any benefits, it's not as good as it sounds.

As far as having to code the hard cases... Well all I have to say to that is well... DUH! You are going to have easy charts and hard charts. If someone notices that charts are being pulled it needs to be brought to the attention of management. This has happened before and was dealt with by management with disciplinary action.

No job is completely 100% without it's flaws, you will find them anywhere that you go, but I will say that having left this company, only to come back... I WILL STAY HERE UNTIL THEY LET ME OR I RETIRE!!

Everyone is different and feels differently about where they work. I would say to please give the company a try. You never know, we maybe the best company you have ever work for! – less
Great Company to work for!
Coding Specialist (Current Employee), Columbia SCMay 6, 2013
Pros: ceu reimbursement and flexible schedules
Cons: none-
I have worked with Lexicode for several years and have had an awesome experience. They are providing all of their coders with AHIMA approved ICD-10 training, free of cost. A lot of companies don't guarantee you full time work but LexiCode guarantees their Full time employees work. When I first started they gave me hourly pay for several weeks until – more... I adjusted to being with a new company. If you are trained a new chart type or go through any educational trainings you are reimbursed at an hourly rate. On a personal note, I have had a very sick child and they have always been so understanding and worked with my schedule for appts. with multiple DRs. The management team is very family oriented, they encourage a work/life balance for all of their employees. – less

May 9, 2013

I think it is amusing that after there is a negative comment that three positive are posted on the same day. In addition to a terrible company with few ethics, they know just when to let people go so the former employer has to pay the unemployment. Interesting to boot is no feedback on how I was doing when I asked for it in order to improve. I took the test from a former employee and got a 100% so my belief is there is no contract in place so they had to save some money. Way to step on people. Awesome. Never lost a job in my life, graduated top of my class, so sorry I left a great job to be treated the way I was.

May 13, 2013

LexiCode developed our offshore coding center to help offset the anticipated coding demands that the ICD-10 implementation will present. Domestically, the US is already challenged with a shortage of experienced and qualified coders. Our Philippines Remote Center and staff was designed to support the additional coding needs and assist in maintaining a continuous cash flow within US healthcare facilities. We are continuously hiring and recruiting domestically, this will not change. We are dedicated to meeting our client’s needs and are always looking for ways to improve our services.

Great opportunity for growth
Coder (Current Employee), South CarolinaMay 6, 2013
Pros: family oriented company, flexible schedules
If you are looking for career growth this company is for you. Travel and remote coding opportunities are always available and new management positions are posted frequently.
Overall
Coding Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 6, 2013
Pros: great support and great benefits
I loved working for LexiCode and would suggest this company to anyone. The only reason I left was because I had the luxury of being a stay at home mom instead however if I needed to return to work they would be the first ones I called. The mgmt team was nice, great continuing education and support. It amazes me that anyone can say anything negative – more... about them. – less
DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!!! RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
CONSULTANT CODER (Former Employee), SOUTH CAROLINAApril 27, 2013
Pros: free ceu's for ahima!
Cons: everything else!
Very unorganized company! The communication is very poor! Training is a joke! Getting paid per chart for this company is a joke! The only way to make money at this company is by getting paid salaried or hourly! You cannot move up in this company unless you are a favorite among managers!

Do not waste your time applying here! There are much better coding – more... companies out there that care about their employees!!!!!!! – less

May 5, 2013

I cannot agree enough. Training is awful. They run over whoever they need to without a second thought. There are much, much better companies. They outsource their coding because they have so many ex-disgruntled employees that their pool is very small in the states. Do you want to work for a company sending our jobs overseas because it is cheaper for them? In addition, they already pay their coders poorly and their benefits are terrible compared to other companies. Do NOT make the mistake of applying for them or accepting an offer from them.

May 16, 2013

Disorganized, poorly ran company
Certified Coding Specialist - (Remote) (Former Employee), Irmo, SCNovember 19, 2012
Pros: making own hours
Cons: having to code the most difficult cases and being paid per chart
I worked from home so I would log into my computer and pull up the coding queues to find that all of the more complex cases were all that were left to code because some coders would get up at 4 am to ensure they would get the simpler cases. I usally started work about 8 am after I got the kids to school. I learned to not trust my supervisors or management – more... on this job. They would tell you what you wanted to hear when you would call with a complaint and then nothing changed. The hardest part of the job was having no training on their computer system and being paid per chart. The most enjoyable part of the job was working from home and making my own hours. – less
Workplace
Remote Coder (Current Employee), South CarolinaOctober 31, 2012
Pros: flexible schedules in remote, great qa feedback and i get to work in my pajamas from home.
LexiCode is a great company to work for and growth opportunities are endless. Management team is professional, helpful and open to new ideas. Remote coding is a much better process than I have seen with other companies.
Great Company
Manager (Current Employee), Irmo, SCAugust 21, 2012
Great people and great work atmosphere. Can present just the right amount of challenge to keep you motivated.

May 7, 2013

Worst company I have ever worked for. Severe micromanagement and serious sweat shop atmosphere. Pay per chart is a joke. Free CEUs are good. The trainer is good but all else falls short. Do not even consider even if desperate for a job. Also when they bring you for training you will stay at a dump of a hotel with very shady customers. Put everything in writing. They do not in order to protect their unfairness, mistreatment and lack of ethics.

About LexiCode

Since 1981 LexiCode has provided quality HIM coding and consulting services to healthcare providers nationwide. Our consultants work – Read more