LexiCode Employee Reviews in United States

Wonderful Company to work for.
IP Coder/ DRG validation (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC 29210June 22, 2016
Great Company to work for. Management is wonderful, wages are competitive, and continuing education can't be beat. Would recommend this company for any type of coding. Whether it be IP, OP, SDS, or ED.
Pros
Wages, Remote coding available, education/training
Cons
the best company i ever worked!!!
Remote Senior Coder (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 3, 2016
I have a lot to say about this company. Every single employee in this company is happy with their jobs. Recruiters, account managers, auditors, icd10 trainers,human resources staff, eveybody is always available to help you. The salary is not as high as other companies, but they offer job stability. They have great benefits. GReat company !!!
Pros
Supportive, excellent training, great benefits
Cons
not very high salary!
I enjoyed working for them. DRG auditing is right up my alley.
RN Auditor - Associate Manager Consulting Division (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 10, 2016
Appreciated the 5 weeks of on-site training to learn the position. Enjoyed working with the educator. Love DRG auditing.
Pros
Remote position, discretionary time off
Cons
None for me.
Great for Moms with young children
Part Time Senior Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 1, 2016
I have enjoyed working for them. They were able to give me exactly what I needed at this time in my daughter's life - the opportunity to work part-time remotely from home around her school schedule and my husband's work schedule. It has allowed me more time with her and significantly lowered our daycare bill. They are extremely understanding if you have to take care of a sick child at home and I have the flexibility to work on the weekends to make up the time.

The only downside is that there is no guaranteed work for part-time employees. My state does allow part-time employees to collect unemployment, though.

I feel that my coding skills have and will continue to grow while working for them. After two past employers ripping my coding skills (and confidence levels) to shreds due to my low production numbers, it was nice to finally have an employer that was willing to work with me to gain back my confidence and increase my speed.

In today's economy, there is no such thing as a 100% secure job. If you are willing to work hard and learn new things, employers are willing to reward you for it.
Pros
flexible hours, high hourly pay rate
Cons
work not guaranteed for part-time employees
good company
Associate Manager, Consulting Services (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJanuary 30, 2016
Good company to work for they do mass lay offs though which is very bad did home ICD analysis of DRG claims. The job was good while it lasted then mass lay off unexpected and 20 people were let go no a very stable job situation, after being told at hire they never lay of or let people go they work thing out. But this was not the case and sadly 20 people are out of work and probably more will be laid off too.
Pros
good company
Cons
Mass layoffs
Professional, highly respected corporation, with small business feel.
Certified Coding Specialist,Remote, Inpatient (Current Employee) –  I work from home!January 1, 2016
LexiCode hired me with a CCS from AHIMA and without 1 day of experience coding. I completed their Coder Development Program for Emergency Room accounts. After successfully completing CDP, I was provided with a desktop and dual monitors. I was expected to meet quality and productivity goals, but not until well after I had completed CDP, you are given a very long rope to success. The best part of this trial period, is that if you have a question you have a wealth of support from management and co-workers to pool from. Also, all management including upper management started their careers at LexiCode working as coders at LexiCode. So they all understand what a coding professional is going through.

After working for LexiCode for one year April 2015, I was accepted into their CDP for ICD-10 Inpatient training. Was it hard? Yes! Was there a solid support system in place to guarantee success? Yes! Did I succeed? YES! Were their instructors qualified? ABSOLUTELY!

I have always felt part of a "work" family. In December of 2014, merely 8 months after being hired at LexiCode, my Mother and Father both fell terribly ill and both were hospitalized. I needed many days off work and while I lay awake at night concerned about my career, I received nothing but support and understanding from the management at LexiCode.

As for a typical work day, I set my own hours after approval from my account manager, I've yet to have a request denied. If an unexpected physician appointment for my parents crop up, I simply request an altered schedule and it is approved, provided the
  more... client isn't terribly behind and as I stated before, a denial has yet to happen.

I love my career. I worked extremely hard and sacrificed much to obtain a coding position. When I began this journey, my ultimate goals were to be the best coder ever and to be an Inpatient coder.

When I was hired in 2014 I let my managers know that I was serious about wanting to be an inpatient coder. After only one year coding ER accounts, I was selected to enter the Inpatient CDP. What an honor.

If you want a career with a highly respected coding company, an easy pathway for advancement if you are willing to study and work hard, to work for an employer that actually cares about any life changing issues in your personal life and that will provide support for you during these moments. If you want excellent benefits and compensation then LexiCode is the place for you!
Pros
Concerned and caring management, fun and profession co-workers, paid training and CEUs
Cons
None that I have found!
Best Not to Leave Your Current Position
DRG Auditor RN (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 29, 2015
I left a very good job to work here and I was severely disappointed. I worked what was to be a 40 hour week but the computer systems were always down during my orientation, so you had to work more hours when the system was back up. It was very hard to get orientated with the system down all of the time and LexiCode did not give me enough time to get properly oriented. All I could say about their orientation (5 weeks/ onsite) was it was incredibly long, boring, and not to the point. The orientation, by any other company, could have been completed in a week, remotely. The trainer was very irritating and not at all knowledgeable.
I am finding it very difficult to find anything nice to say about this company!
Pros
Like the reviews
Cons
The day really never ended
Best Company I have ever worked for!! Positive management!
coding specialist (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 16, 2015
I have been with LexiCode for 19 months, and in that time I have advanced from an ED coder to a proficient Inpatient coder, trained in ICD-10, and my pay has increased tremendously! Every promise LexiCode has made to me has been kept, from my starting pay, to first annual increase, to room for advancement and training. I am very grateful for all the opportunities LexiCode has provided me!

I speak frequently with my account managers and my direct manager, and I can truly say they are the best managers I have ever had. They treat me so well! It feels like we are friendly team-mates with the same goals in mind (as it should!)

LexiCode’s managers, all the way up to our President were once full-time coders, so they “get it,” you know? If I am struggling with anything, production, work/life balance I can reach out to them, and they have ALWAYS given me positive reinforcement and encouragement. This prompts me to wonder if some of these negative reviewers were not communicating their concerns to management.

I remember seeing a review on indeed.com, when I first applied, saying LexiCode is a good ‘ole boys/girls club, and managers have their favorites. I’m going say that’s been debunked by me, as I did not know anyone who knew ANYONE at LexiCode prior to coming aboard, and with all the hard work I have put into it, I find that review offensive. I think at LexiCode, you get what you give. You put in the work, the self-discipline and motivation, and you will be rewarded handsomely!! :)

Hopefully this lengthy review has been helpful to anyone thinking of applying to LexiCode.
  more... If you are a self-motivated individual with a strong determination to learn and succeed, I think you will do great with this company. I am VERY pleased with LexiCode, and its' respectful, progressive/positive management style is what will keep me with this company for the foreseeable future!  less
Pros
Flexibility, Training Provided, Advancement, Nice paycheck, Supportive managers, Positive work atmosphere at main office!
Cons
No cons for me! Very happy!
Wonderful Company to work for.
manager (Current Employee) –  columbia, scDecember 15, 2015
Staff is always helpful and NICE.. Expect to work... but, that is what they pay you for. If you are self motivated, dedicated remote can work for you. Lexicode always has plenty of work and will pay you well for it.
Pros
Good income/money
Are my family and team
coder (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 15, 2015
They work hard with you to make you the best that you can be as a coder. I have learned so much from the talents of my team. I will grow with my family(Lexicode) and when I have fallen they listen and picked me backup. Be careful of staffing agencies they are only about them selves.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
sometimes overtimes is required
Only the strong survive.
Medical Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 5, 2015
The hardest part about working at here is trying to keep up with the production requirements. Be ready to work your tail off.
contract work
Quality Assurance Manager Lexicode (Current Employee) –  remoteFebruary 12, 2015
Wonderful People to work with, plenty of work. always helpful. Flexible work hours as long as you can do your 40 hrs each week.
Pros
working remotely
Cons
abiltiy to take time off, difficult
Friendly work environment
remote coder (Former Employee) –  homeDecember 9, 2014
Lexicodes biggest asset is it people. The management worked hard to help me succeed. The hardest parts of remote coding is not having people around and having client's change. .
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
changing clients
Unorganized and sloppily ran company
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCApril 30, 2014
I often wondered if the president of the company was aware of the complaints that have been lodged but never resolved. Orientation is nil. Management is overworked resulting in poor quality of work. The coding process is insane, for lack of a better word. Have never seen such a poorly ran company in my more than 25 years in the industry. Conflicting instructions is a common occurrence along with NO communication ! Not uncommon for employees to be left hanging for hours waiting for responses to questions. Several employees have complained about the lack of confidence they possess in management. Several complaints about the lack of concern for employees from management. A good thing about this company is that there is opportunity to get experience in areas that you have none. The bad thing is that it often results in inconsistent, inaccurate quality of work. This company could be so much more than it is if only upper management would take a good look at what is around them, listen to employee concerns then investigate them. Hire knowledgeable people for your education department. Someone who can actually apply coding rules instead of just quoting them. Too many more complaints from employees to list.
Pros
compensation, opportunities for engagements without prior experience
Cons
inconsistency, lack of communication
good old girls enviroment
consultant (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCJanuary 14, 2014
onsite concurrent reviews,chart reviews, management clueless about certain job descriptions, sweatshop mentality and surroundings, hotel they put you up in is scummy, have to use your own credit card then get your money back.
Pros
good money, work from home, paid ceus
Cons
very clickish culture, sweatshop atmosphere in training and reviewing
Have money saved up before you work
Coder (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 20, 2013
Sweat shop coding...if you need to make money but do not have any saved up...do not apply....management is somewhat incompetent...good ole boys themed workplace...they say they are doing all they can to help but actually are not...they see you struggling and know what the issue is and still ask is everything ok...
Pros
training and flexible schedule
Cons
compensation...no ot
Verile sterile work environment
Inpatient Medical Records Coder (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCNovember 1, 2013
The work environment was very pressured. Management did not want to be bothered with questions or to help people advance in any way. They made it almost impossible to obtain productivity due to alternating what account a person was to work on almost weekly.
Pros
able to work remotely at home
Cons
difficulty learning several different clients at once
Work
Remote Coding (Current Employee) –  NYJuly 17, 2013
I love working with LexiCode. I have been here for 5 years and the staff has been very helpful. If anything comes up the managers are always willing to help me work through it. I work per record in remote and make double what I made in a hospital.
Pros
very helpful and great pay
Cons
multiple clients is sometimes hard but its worth it in the end
terrible place to work
coder (Former Employee) –  remoteMay 14, 2013
you will regret going to work for Lexicode the managers are incompetent and unavailable you are left hanging with a problem and no one to help and you get paid by the chart so no matter how long it takes you to code the number of charts needed to make the amount of money you need you have to work so they don't care if they ever get back to you and your problem it doesn't hurt their bottom line stay away from this place you will work 60+ hours a week just to make a minimal amount of money
Cons
everything
Perfect for me
Coder (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 8, 2013
I have worked for this company for nearly 10 years and some of the reviews I have seen are completely mind boggling! I feel as though I need to address some of the issues raised.

Training - We have an awesome training program! It's very comprehensive and thorough. We work with a varied array of record types and training is provided for all of them. Yes this training is intense, but this is a high demand field and high demand job.

Training per client - With as many clients that we have it's very hard to be trained 100%. A lot of the times it is trail and error. If you don't get trained properly or you feel that you don't understand the program you can ask for further help or ask to be taken off a client. I personally have informed the client of things that they didn't even know their software could do. This is not a reflection on the company, this is a learning opportunity. The more you know the more valuable you are.

Per record pay - Pay per record means you get to basically make your paycheck! With the many records that we work on there is plenty of work. If you don't let your manager know that you are running low, then they won't know that you need work. I know many coders who work less than 40 hrs and are making GREAT pay!

Advancement - Not sure where "no room for advancement" came from either. Most of our current managers all started out as coders, either at the remote center or traveling and have worked their way up the ladder in this company. And no, they aren't all "favorites" of management either.

Benefits - I know many other coding companies that pay well, BUT
  more... don't offer benefits at all. Yes $40/hour is good pay, but when you don't get offered any benefits, it's not as good as it sounds.

As far as having to code the hard cases... Well all I have to say to that is well... DUH! You are going to have easy charts and hard charts. If someone notices that charts are being pulled it needs to be brought to the attention of management. This has happened before and was dealt with by management with disciplinary action.

No job is completely 100% without it's flaws, you will find them anywhere that you go, but I will say that having left this company, only to come back... I WILL STAY HERE UNTIL THEY LET ME OR I RETIRE!!

Everyone is different and feels differently about where they work. I would say to please give the company a try. You never know, we maybe the best company you have ever work for!
Pros
flexible hours, benefits, holiday pay, pto