Lexington Center for Recovery Employee Reviews

Even your coworkers are in recovery
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 18, 2016
I enjoyed working with the patients. You understand the disease of addiction from working with them. Some are committed to sobriety and some are not. The working conditions were poor. Poor supervisor. Poor coworkers. There was a "therapist" who couldn't even make eye contact with coworkers or patients. Some of the therapists are in recovery and are less than forgiving with the patients. I have heard personnel has changed a lot, as well as the director and that things are better. I learned a lot here but certainly not from my supervisor or coworker.
Pros
Working to help people
Cons
Coworkers in recovery
Work Her If You Love Dysfunction!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 16, 2016
Lexington is a great place to work if you want to be surrounded by staff lacking boundaries, professionalism or purpose. Tons of people are fired over gossip and rumors, while those breaking HIPAA guidelines get promoted. Don't bother trying to improve the quality of care; you'll be undermined and terminated for that. I'd love to say the clients are the problem, but they are not. The problem is a very dysfunctional and ineffective administrative structure and personnel. Work here if you'd like to be frustrated and talked about behind your back- by senior staff. Leaving is the first step to a healthy recovery!
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Horrendous administration and supervision
Exemplary counselors
Intern Outpatient Services (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYOctober 27, 2015
Adept at Outpatient recovery. excellent counselors. a caring compassionate staff with particularly excellent administrative and managerial abilities.
Productive and fulfilling
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 28, 2014
I had a wonderful time working here. Most of the people who work here are very supportive of each other and eager to mentor new talent. Given a chance I would go back...
good place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pomona, NYAugust 9, 2014
benefice could be better, no annual raises or cost of living increases. Overall good place to work
Busy and rewarding place to work
Billing (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 12, 2014
Very busy office, non stop all day. Co-workers worked very hard for the company. The hardest part of my job was the quantity.
Pros
Feeling of accomplishment
Cons
A lot to do and not enough time to do it all
An excellent organization to be employed by
Assistant Director of Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYAugust 15, 2013
An excellent career experience. The staff is extremely supportive and empathetic, would recommend employment as novice in the field or seasoned professional.
Pros
supportive, empathetic, excellent training
Cons
none that I can think of
Excellent Job!
Senior Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 4, 2013
Motivated Staff, Good Salary , Great benefits, Room for Growth in the Company, Creative Employers!
Pros
great working culture
I currenty work with client's who are recovering from substance abuse.
Counselor/Preventive Worker/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYApril 25, 2012
My current job is close to home, however no room for growth. My typical day consisit of running process groups. Counseling clients individually and handling crisis as they arise. I also refer clienst to additional services as needed.
Pros
i work 2 minutes away from home.
Cons
poor health benefits, no room for growth
Team Player, High Quality Supervision, Openminded, Caring, Friendly
LMSW (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYNovember 18, 2011
It was great working for this Agency. They gave me an opportunity to be creative and to develop Professional relationships. Supervision was professional and helpful. It was an Agency that is truly committed to create individual change.
Pros
flexible hours, good pay
Cons
health care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lexington Center for Recovery. Our community is ready to answer.

Lexington Center for Recovery Reviews by Location