Lexington Center Employee Reviews

Would not recommend this place of employment
Residence Manager (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYNovember 30, 2016
To involved in politics and the upper management is not honest. The only thing that is was nice is the time off package. Moral is low.
Fun and fullfilling experience
Direct Care Staff/Appointment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYNovember 30, 2016
A great place to work with individuals with special needs. Its an educational experience to learn from the residents in this facility.
Great Place
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYFebruary 12, 2016
Lexington Center is a wonderful place to work. Great benefits packages and also paid time off. There is always room for advancement with in the company.
Lexington is a bad place to work
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYFebruary 2, 2016
not a good place to work low down office workers They appear to be nice to your face but in reality they are not nice at all they talk behind your back in a negative way They are out fir themselves. Lexington is two faced all around
Pros
a pay check
Cons
long hours management is deceiving
Great if your full-time not so much if your not!
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYNovember 19, 2015
Great place to work if you can achieve full time position. The staff was the hardest to deal with however this was different at every resident. Also very clicky and no stability in hours or locations.
Excellent place to work
Awake Night Coordinator/Awake Night Support (Current Employee) –  Johnstown NYJune 21, 2015
By far best job I've ever had and amazing management! The reward of just doing this job and knowing you are making a difference in a persons life means more then most would think. Lots of experience to gain from this employer.
Pros
The people you meet and benifits
Challenging, but rewarding
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYApril 2, 2015
Very challenging, yet rewarding job. The relationships formed with individuals that we support, as well as co-workers was the best part of the job.
Excellent company to work for
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYMarch 16, 2015
I learned a lot of valuable information and skill, having been employed here for more than 18 years. It helped me be prepared for caring for my brother and my husband who was sick six years before he went to heaven in 2010. The most enjoyable part of the day was working with different personalities and figuring out how to deal with each individual situation and it is also the hardest part of the job. The challenge of working with different situations that arise each day keeps the job interesting,
Pros
making a difference in someone elses life
Cons
the challenges of figuring out what the person needs in the course of each day.
Not so productive as I anticipated
Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  412 Main Street, Poughkeepsie, N.Y.December 22, 2014
A typical day would involve seeing your scheduled clients approximately 30-45 minutes per session. After most session, a counselor is to administer a urine drug test. Most counselors run about 2+ groups a day. There is a community feeling amongst the clients.
When not seeing clients directly, counselors spend their time writing case notes, devising treatment – more...
Cons
Not organized
Satisfactory work
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, NYNovember 8, 2014
The type of work and the population I am able to work with is satisfactory and fulfills an emptiness , you never knew was missing. The company itself overall is good, but the pay is far from satisfactory.
Great
DSC/DSS (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, NYJune 24, 2014
This is the best company that I have worked for so far in my life. I am very sad that I have to leave. They are a great group of people to work with and they really change the lives of the individuals that live in their homes!
Great people to work with!
Food Service Manager/Nutrition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYJune 21, 2014
Enjoy going to work everyday.
Always busy!
People we support are a pleasure to serve.
welcoming work place
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  chicago ilMay 31, 2014
a lots of cleaning
understanding of temperatures
kitchen knowledge required
Fun workplace
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYFebruary 12, 2014
great opportunity to learn and meet new people everyday. Great staff and fun to be around Great managers
fun and up beat enviroment
Direct support staff (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYJanuary 22, 2014
Fun and rewarding is a typical day at my work. I've learned how much disabled individuals can accomplish. management is very up beat and enthusiastic, and there to help with all needs. We all work as a team. seeing how much individuals struggle to be excepted in the community. working with all sorts of amazing individuals.
Staff & management are very good to work with
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 4, 2013
Lexington Center is a wonderful place to work they really care about your well-being for staff they emply also care alot about the residents we care for because the give intensive training to make sure your ready to work in the group home they provide
Pros
provide meals
Cons
health care
Productive work place
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYNovember 20, 2013
feed, clothe, and bathe the residents. make sure the house is clean and everyone is taken care of
Productive work place with some exciting challenges
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYNovember 8, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of caring for individuals with developmental and physical disabilities who are not able to care for themselves. During this work experience I learned an excessive amount of patience, what it means to be truly humbled and some things about the medical field. Management was outstanding they were always there for their employees no matter what the reason work or non work related. My Co-Workers were very big hearted and pleasant people. The hardest part of my job was dealing with behaviors and violent individuals. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the smiles on the individuals faces when you paid attention to them.
Good company, was like a family.
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam New YorkAugust 1, 2013
Typical day would be running machines, material handling, some maintenance. A lot about the textile industry, management treated you good and fair, they appreciated hard work, good bunch of people they were like my family, the place closing, the people that I worked with.
manager
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYJuly 3, 2013
staff meeting w staff coming on board and staff going off shift , reviewed all concerns, check list set up for day, helped w personal care and transporting people, med passs, and cleaning, behavioral management.
Pros
Always Busy
Cons
Got Hurt

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lexington Center. Our community is ready to answer.