Lexington Center

Lexington Center Employer Reviews

Satisfactory work
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee), Johnstown, NYNovember 8, 2014
The type of work and the population I am able to work with is satisfactory and fulfills an emptiness , you never knew was missing. The company itself overall is good, but the pay is far from satisfactory.
Great
DSC/DSS (Current Employee), Johnstown, NYJune 24, 2014
This is the best company that I have worked for so far in my life. I am very sad that I have to leave. They are a great group of people to work with and they really change the lives of the individuals that live in their homes!
Great people to work with!
Food Service Manager/Nutrition Specialist (Current Employee), Gloversville, NYJune 21, 2014
Enjoy going to work everyday.
Always busy!
People we support are a pleasure to serve.
welcoming work place
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), chicago ilMay 31, 2014
a lots of cleaning
understanding of temperatures
kitchen knowledge required
Fun workplace
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Johnstown, NYFebruary 12, 2014
great opportunity to learn and meet new people everyday. Great staff and fun to be around Great managers
fun and up beat enviroment
Direct support staff (Current Employee), Gloversville, NYJanuary 22, 2014
Fun and rewarding is a typical day at my work. I've learned how much disabled individuals can accomplish. management is very up beat and enthusiastic, and there to help with all needs. We all work as a team. seeing how much individuals struggle to be excepted in the community. working with all sorts of amazing individuals.
Staff & management are very good to work with
Residential Counselor (Current Employee), Albany, NYDecember 4, 2013
Pros: provide meals
Cons: health care
Lexington Center is a wonderful place to work they really care about your well-being for staff they emply also care alot about the residents we care for because the give intensive training to make sure your ready to work in the group home they provide
Productive work place
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee), Gloversville, NYNovember 20, 2013
feed, clothe, and bathe the residents. make sure the house is clean and everyone is taken care of
Productive work place with some exciting challenges
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee), Gloversville, NYNovember 8, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of caring for individuals with developmental and physical disabilities who are not able to care for themselves. During this work experience I learned an excessive amount of patience, what it means to be truly humbled and some things about the medical field. Management was outstanding they were always there for their employees no matter what the reason work or non work related. My Co-Workers were very big hearted and pleasant people. The hardest part of my job was dealing with behaviors and violent individuals. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the smiles on the individuals faces when you paid attention to them.
Good company, was like a family.
Machine operator (Former Employee), Amsterdam New YorkAugust 1, 2013
Typical day would be running machines, material handling, some maintenance. A lot about the textile industry, management treated you good and fair, they appreciated hard work, good bunch of people they were like my family, the place closing, the people that I worked with.
manager
House Manager (Former Employee), Gloversville, NYJuly 3, 2013
Pros: always busy
Cons: got hurt
staff meeting w staff coming on board and staff going off shift , reviewed all concerns, check list set up for day, helped w personal care and transporting people, med passs, and cleaning, behavioral management.
Productive workplace
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Albany, NYJune 23, 2013
Busy ... time management, co workers were fine, hardest part was overnights .. working with the individuals
Like working with family
Awake Night Coordinator (Former Employee), Gloversville, NYJanuary 26, 2013
I took care of the personal and medical needs of special needs patients in a home like setting. I also directed 2 staff and took care of supervisory paperwork and staff discipline.
One of the greatest jobs you'll love
direct care specialist (Former Employee), Gloversville, NYSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: meals were free, great insurance package, good incentive.
Cons: there is good and bad in everything, but nothing i can complain of.
A typical day, there really is no such day in this work. You are working with people, who all require different needs. I leared a lot about medication, therapy's, behavior, other's needs. The management were all very supportive. I worked with a great bunch of people. The hardest part of the job was when more than 3 consumer's became sick at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we all worked as a team and staff and consumers had an enjoyable time.
long hours, with the need for team work.
Direct Care Worker/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Gloversville, NYAugust 10, 2012
Pros: great benifits and avaliblity to move up.
Cons: long hours wih much lifting need with team work.
Depending on the shift or day. Weekday afternoon is what I worked the most. This included toileting all client and then feeding them toieleting again. a nightly activity, toileting showers/ baths and help them to beds possibly pass meds. On weekends you worked 10 - 12 hrs. Feed breakfast with clean up. Toileting with activity if time. Lunch is the same for the rest of the day. When supervising check consistency of foods for every client, make sure all staff are preforming there duties, pass meds, and check all paperwork.
They take good care of the employees
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee), Gloversville, NYJune 13, 2012
This is a fun job- any job is what you yourself are willing to put into it. There is a chance for growth,but it comes with the price of family and home. They take real good care of their employees. I drove my contact on vacations, dinner, shopping and Virginia to see her family.
working with the mentally and physically challenged
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Gloversville, NYApril 19, 2012
Pros: healthcare, 401k, benefits
Assist individuals with disabilities with daily living skillls, medications administration, community outtings in a residental setting. I enjoyed working with my co-workers, management was good too. we all worked as a team. The hardest part of my job was when one of the residents would pass on. The mose enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the individuals in the houses.