Lexington Center Employee Reviews

staff not treated fairly
Developmental Aide (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYOctober 3, 2017
At first I thought it was great i had never done that type of work. i enjoyed taking care of the patients but the higher ups didn't care much about anyone but themselves
Pros
good medical dental and vision insurance
Cons
no union
Challenging but rewarding
Direct Support Staff/ Medical Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NY 12078July 25, 2017
Always a great feeling when you put a smile on someone's face. Always room for moving up. And if you need extra money there is always a lot of o.t. to pick up.
fast paced and productive
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJuly 11, 2017
it was a good place to work. I loved my coworkers and management team. was a fast paced environment, but very easy jobs to do. early mornings meant early days.
Stressful but rewarding job atmosphere
Assistant Representative (Former Employee) –  Northville, NYJune 23, 2017
I would work with the mentally disabled to help them reach a level of autonomy that would enrich their lives. Daily activities were to help them with projects, work or otherwise, teach them to cook and clean, and other responsibilities around the house
great feel good job.
Direct Support Staff Person (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NY 12078June 22, 2017
the job was all heart!! you have to be a good hearted person for this job, unlike the owner of this company now. ever since she took over, i couldn't stay there or ever want to go back! the folks you take care of will depend on you, but because of some/ most of the "laws" in place can't be fa-filled. also they don't hire full time.. but you work well over full time to make up for the company being under staffed.
Pros
ok benefits.
Cons
they took most of the benefits away and don't hire full time!
Interesting Job
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 13, 2017
Fairly simple work and they work very well with your schedule. It has really helped push my customer service to be better without feeling awkward with it. Most everyone is very friendly and helpful. I've enjoyed most events I work.
Productive and fun work place.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYMay 6, 2017
I enjoy my job and what I do.Doing what I do you make a change in peoples lives.I love to learn different things and am a quick learner..Like to be busy at work and not so much down time..
Pros
Cons
Not being busy
Great place to work.
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYMarch 31, 2017
Lexington has been my employer for most of my adult life and I feel blessed to be able to say that. Some of the people we support can be challenging but, at the end of the day when you go home knowing you helped someone grow, there's no better feeling!!
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Can be stressful
Centered around providing the best possible care for the people they support.
Residence Manager (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYFebruary 27, 2017
Lexington is a company that strives for excellence in providing care to the disabled. They have a wide variety of services to offer the community. They offer thorough training for new hires and many opportunities to advance.
Pros
Opportunity to advance
Cons
Salaries do not compensate job responsibilities
Would not recommend this place of employment
Residence Manager (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYNovember 30, 2016
To involved in politics and the upper management is not honest. The only thing that is was nice is the time off package. Moral is low.
Fun and fullfilling experience
Direct Care Staff/Appointment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYNovember 30, 2016
A great place to work with individuals with special needs. Its an educational experience to learn from the residents in this facility.
Great Place
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYFebruary 12, 2016
Lexington Center is a wonderful place to work. Great benefits packages and also paid time off. There is always room for advancement with in the company.
Lexington is a bad place to work
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYFebruary 2, 2016
not a good place to work low down office workers They appear to be nice to your face but in reality they are not nice at all they talk behind your back in a negative way They are out fir themselves. Lexington is two faced all around
Pros
a pay check
Cons
long hours management is deceiving
Great if your full-time not so much if your not!
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYNovember 19, 2015
Great place to work if you can achieve full time position. The staff was the hardest to deal with however this was different at every resident. Also very clicky and no stability in hours or locations.
Excellent place to work
Awake Night Coordinator/Awake Night Support (Current Employee) –  Johnstown NYJune 21, 2015
By far best job I've ever had and amazing management! The reward of just doing this job and knowing you are making a difference in a persons life means more then most would think. Lots of experience to gain from this employer.
Pros
The people you meet and benifits
very rewarding
care giver (Former Employee) –  StahlMay 29, 2015
getting outing done, cooking supper, showering, housekeeping, laundryand following behavior plans. All staff worked together to provide a safe environment.

Outings and gardening was always enjoyable.

Behaviors was challenging and to lessen the behavior was rewarding.

Management was always supportive.
Pros
seeing less behaviors
Cons
having full blowen behaviors
Challenging, but rewarding
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYApril 2, 2015
Very challenging, yet rewarding job. The relationships formed with individuals that we support, as well as co-workers was the best part of the job.
Excellent company to work for
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYMarch 16, 2015
I learned a lot of valuable information and skill, having been employed here for more than 18 years. It helped me be prepared for caring for my brother and my husband who was sick six years before he went to heaven in 2010. The most enjoyable part of the day was working with different personalities and figuring out how to deal with each individual situation and it is also the hardest part of the job. The challenge of working with different situations that arise each day keeps the job interesting,
Pros
making a difference in someone elses life
Cons
the challenges of figuring out what the person needs in the course of each day.
Not so productive as I anticipated
Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  412 Main Street, Poughkeepsie, N.Y.December 22, 2014
A typical day would involve seeing your scheduled clients approximately 30-45 minutes per session. After most session, a counselor is to administer a urine drug test. Most counselors run about 2+ groups a day. There is a community feeling amongst the clients.
When not seeing clients directly, counselors spend their time writing case notes, devising treatment – more...
Cons
Not organized
Satisfactory work
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, NYNovember 8, 2014
The type of work and the population I am able to work with is satisfactory and fulfills an emptiness , you never knew was missing. The company itself overall is good, but the pay is far from satisfactory.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lexington Center. Our community is ready to answer.