LEXINGTON HEALTH CARE Employee Reviews

Poor leadership and low morale
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJanuary 7, 2017
Very high turnover due to poor leadership. Incompetent management team due to inadequate training. Overall a very negative work environment and unpleasant place to work.
Pros
convenient location
Cons
management, negative work environment, high turnover, DON
Fun work place,good team work ,very clean.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Streamwood, ILDecember 7, 2016
I enjoy going to work things are lay back , very clean , and great team work.The office team is very well on top of things.Very good successful rate with therapy.
Honest review from current employee!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILMay 18, 2015
I have been working with Lexington for 7 months. So I know how things go. I read half of these reviews and I can tell when they come from a long term employee or the ones that worked for only a couple of weeks.

My starting pay rate was 10.75 for cna.

I got a 50 cent/hr raise after my probationary period.

Weekend pay is 25 cent/hr more than base rate.

The reason why you sometimes work with having 20 residents by yourself is because the people that are scheduled don't show up. It's never because scheduling schedules short.

Some of the Lpns/rns are willing to help you. Some are not. Management isn't there to talk. Will only talk to you if you got reported or did something wrong.

95% of the residents are nice& good mannered. There are a few that will get under your skin.

Cna uniform color is ceil blue.

Shifts are 6am-2pm 2pm-10pm and 10pm-6am.

Holiday pay is double pay.

Overall, if you need a job, this isn't the worst place to work at. If you are looking for a worse place to work at go to symphony of crestwood.
Pros
Residents
Cons
management
Management is a joke
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJune 29, 2016
Poor managers have no business being there self centered will leave you high and dry. Managers don't care about the cna or other staff weekends if there are problems no on can be contacted
horrible place to work
previous employee (Former Employee) –  orland park,ilJune 3, 2015
This place is sad...they do not care about employees. Earlier this year they cut holiday pay to straight time plus 4 hours . Then they try and make up for it by giving the CNA raises...LOL you get too many residents for the money. Management turns over every 4-6 months. Overall sad place to work and even worse place to put a family member. They don't keep emergency supplies stocked. This place is a joke......
Not for the faint of heart.
Manager (Former Employee) –  LombardSeptember 8, 2014
Mentally and physically draining. Long hours for minimal pay and minimal opportunities for professional growth. Upper management provides very little support and usually only present when something is wrong. They are also very passive aggressive and do little to help you succeed. Orientation is lacking. Turnover is very high, which greatly affects the work load of staff and the care patients receive. On the contrary, however, there are some employees here that genuinely care for their coworkers and willing to help out. If you can accept all the negative things about working here, knowing that you're helping to make a difference in the lives of others can be rewarding.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
Overwhelming, very little support from upper management, high turnover, low pay, no work/home balance.
Lexington was my first nursing job
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILOctober 21, 2013
Lexington was a okay company to work for. I started as a CNA and obtained my first nursing job here. I learned about working in a nursing home type environment. Management was constantly changing. 3 Administrators and 3 DONs in my 2 1/2 years working there. Never had a problem with my co-workers. The hardest part was the workload. Too much for me as a nurse. Yet some have been their for years, and they seem to do okay. Compensation was great. I was able to get $4000 for my schooling and they start at a good wage.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
Heavy workload
Fun place to work and great first job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILApril 2, 2016
-3 hour shifts
-Work is easy to pick up on
-Residents and co workers and extremely friendly
-Hardest part of the job was memorization of individual job duties
Too much turnover!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILMay 30, 2014
This is not the company for you, if you are looking for advancement and learning opportunities. The senior management turnover is non-stop and that has caused serious turnover issues in the facilities. Lexington is not what it used to be. In the last 18 months, they have let go key managers, cut staffing, and employee programs.
Pros
Beautiful facilities
Cons
High turnover, no loyalty
No room for advancement. They only care about money
Social services (Current Employee) –  schaumburgJanuary 21, 2015
iv been a employee for 8 years. The people I work with are great, but management.... Horrible. The administrator could care less about her employees and the pay rate is disgusting.
Pros
Residents and coworkers
Cons
low pay, no appreciation, no advancement
Do not waste your time at lexington of lombard!!!!!
Sub-Acute Rehab Manager (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILFebruary 10, 2015
This hands down has been the worst place that I have ever been employed at. I worked at Lexington of Lombard as Sub-Acute Rehab manager. I received 4 days of training with the previous sub-acute manager. The DON tried to hold me accountable for things that I didn't know where in my job description. The DON never provided training, assistance, or support. The nursing staff was horrendous. My 15 year old daughter knows more than them. These nurses were glorified pill pushers, and management was okay with that, I was not. I have been a RN for a long time, and never seen anything like this. It was very disconcerting for me, that these nurses didn't even know how to take a manual blood pressure. Upper management didn't care if the sub-acute unit ran short staffed. I feel sorry for those that continue to be employed at Lexington, as this place is a danger to one's nursing license. I chose to remove myself, I didn't even last 3 months here.
Pros
Cons
Everything, nothing good came out of this job
Great value to future career
Medical Records Secretary (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILOctober 26, 2015
Great people to work with. I enjoyed the families and residents who attend and stay at Lexington Health Network. The learning experience there was a great value to my future career.
Cons
low payrate
Working at Lexington Health Care as C.N.A.
Certified Nursing Assistant (SUB-ACUTE CNA) (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILOctober 6, 2012
A typical work day include getting the resident ready ( dressed and groomed), serving breakfast lunch and dinner in the dining room, toileting residents and observing for any discomfort or change in them and reporting to the charge nurse. What I have learned is the smallest thing done for a person can mean a whole lot to them. Management is great they are always helpful and understanding. the coworkers are great they work as a team to ensure every resident is well taken care of. The hardest part is to see a resident expire. The enjoyable part of the job is helping resident with activities of daily living and putting a smile on the face doing so.
Pros
free lunch, available shifts so employee can pick up different shifts if needed through a system called on-shift, great appreciation lunches and gifts from administrator.
Cons
work time 6-2, 2-10, 10-6 it was recently changed from 7-3, 3-11, 11-7.
Excellent salary and benefits.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAFebruary 11, 2014
Very busy sub-acute unit. A challenge to assess patients, administer medications, and perform treatments in a timely manner. Lots of documentation, and also admissions. Few discharges on my shift. Communicating with doctors to report labs, and any other pertinent information, taking off orders, dealing with CNAs that did not have a good command of the English language. My co-workers were extremely busy, but willing to help if needed. The hardest part of my job was getting all my documentation done before the end of my shift. I enjoyed my patients, and the feeling that they valued my efforts on their behalf.
Pros
Good pay, benefits.
Cons
Minimal staffing.
Great learning expericence
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  schaumburg ilJune 6, 2014
first of all a typical work day there was challenging you get to learn the ropes and role of being a cna because you had to learn on your own really because they put you on the floor right away management was not professional at all coworkers was very nice and helpful my hardest part was coming in to start my shift and people that worked before me didnt do there job which mean double work my most enjoyable part was meeting the residents and there familys who was so nice and spending time with them because i love helping them i losty my grandmother.
Pros
work with school schedule
Cons
not enough of a break time
Rewarding work
CNA (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NCAugust 8, 2014
My work here consists of direct patient care, assisting patients with activities of daily living, protecting patients from harm, and assisting nurses with duties as needed in a team based work environment.
I have learned to work well with a team work environment and patient and family relations.
The hardest part of my job would have to be managing my time and duties in order to keep my patients happy, healthy, and safe.
The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the patients and their families knowing I have done my best to take care of them.
Pros
Can be very personally rewarding
Cons
low pay, heavy lifting, may work long hours and holidays
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILFebruary 28, 2015
I loved working here, unfortunately I ended up not getting along with an employee so I quit and searched for a different type of work. The benefits were nice and I got to work with the elderly which is something that truly makes me happy. I didn't even mind working weekends just because of the residents making me smile and laugh all the time. If I was able to I would go back and try to get higher up maybe to the Environmental Services Manager.
Pros
The residents, benefits
Cons
Other employees not doing their share.
Busy workplace with internal and external co-workers
Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILAugust 15, 2013
Everyday was different, busy, productive. I learned to multitask and switch gears seamlessly in an ever-changing workplace. I worked with both external and internal teams, so I played the middle man often. This was the hardest part of my day, pleasing two groups of people with two different goals or values. The most enjoyable part of my day was touring and helping families struggling with caring for their loved one.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
poor work-life balence
Lexington
Cna (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILAugust 31, 2013
Manual lifting, dressing and grooming showers, Adl's, Mdl's. management is poor
Benefits
Cons
Too much physically, too many patients, understaffed
Good company, great management and excellent customer services.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  La Grange, ILNovember 15, 2014
Lexington's priority is to provide the best customer care and service to patients and patient's family members. Company management ensures that state laws and company policy's are being followed at all times. I enjoyed working at Lexington because the company has great employees who care about their patients. Company is always looking for ways to improve and keeps up with the latest technology.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LEXINGTON HEALTH CARE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7