Lexington Medical Center Employee Reviews

Product and fun place to work at. The employees are great
Nutrition Associate (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCNovember 12, 2017
I think that the work setting and the people around are awesome, however there is no room for growth. There are some department that will try and hold you back.
LMC has continued to grow to serve the needs of the community
Career Progression (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCOctober 25, 2017
I believe the environment has changed at LMC which can happen with growth. There continues to be many layers of management which can impede ones ability to get the job done unless you have the right leadership in place.
Work
Nurse Technician II (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCOctober 23, 2017
Great place to work. I don’t plan on leaving. Easy to move around diffferent positions. You don’t have to stay in one are all your life. Relocation is an option
Employer
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCOctober 19, 2017
Lexington Medical Center was my first job. It was great for a beginner job. There is no room for advancement in my field and can not support myself off of the salary I make now with the rising cost of economy.
Radiology Associate (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCOctober 18, 2017
Make a lunch buddy. Complex is large and takes time to learn your way around. The parking lot is a good distance from the building so you need to either arrive early to get a good spot, or wear comfortable shoes
good people to work with
ED RN/ Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NCOctober 11, 2017
I would like to go back I loved my job there and my work family some things happened and I had to leave, the management were ok, the hours were long at times, but worth it
Not a terrible place to work, but not the greatest either.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCOctober 5, 2017
I worked at LMC for some time, I enjoyed part of my time there. My issue was with management in my department. They were not supportive and always left you feeling as every issue that happened was your fault, whether or not you were actually responsible. They showed favoritism when accommodating schedule changes. It created a low moral in my opinion. The job itself was not difficult and the benefits are decent.
Pros
catered events, good benefits
Cons
bad management
Stressful and over micro-managing.
General Labor (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCOctober 3, 2017
Stressful and over micro-managing.
The workplace is very intimidating and the workload is overwhelming for the pay.
The hardest part of the job is communication and family life balancing.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that there are great associates that you work with each day that keeps your head up above water.
Great work life balance
Finance (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCSeptember 25, 2017
The work life balance is great and it is understandable when you have an appointment or have to pick your child up. Management could be more understanding of processes. Processes could also be improved.

Benefits are good
Pros
People and Benefits
Work
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCSeptember 25, 2017
If you like being inside all day it is cool. You have to work. You have to work eight and a half hours to get eight hours of pay and not even get an hour lunch or a break.
Pros
discounts on lunch
Cons
trapped inside all day hard to go to lunch anywhere for 30 min

Want to know more about Lexington Medical Center?

Ask a question
I loved it
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCSeptember 25, 2017
I enjoyed my time at LMC. Wonderful Staff and environment to work in. stress free environment, wonderful hours and pay.****************************---
a nice place to work
Mandarin Medical interpreter (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 25, 2017
I am very happy to work at Lexington Medical Center as a PRN face to face Mandarin Medical Interpreter. The workplace culture is wonderful and coworkers
are very nice.
Typical Day
Nurse Technician II/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCSeptember 23, 2017
A typical day was making sure that all tasks were completed for each patient and making sure they have the things that they need and want. Also, check the charts to see if all the orders are being carried out for the Patient care Tech is suppose to do
Pros
Working overtime available
Cons
Not enough team players
I love my work crew
Registered Nurse, SC License #236814 (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCSeptember 16, 2017
I work with some of the best folks around. Knowledgeable, support and they generally have a great attitude. I enjoy getting to learn a lot and would like to grow with the company. However, the pay pretty much isn't great. The culture is fantastic and that makes up for it.
Pros
co-workers, schedule is great
Cons
SOOOO underpaid
A great place to work
Nurse Tech Provide (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCSeptember 16, 2017
Lexington Medical Center is truly a great place to work. I had several employees try to railroad me while employed there and the manager and management staff did a great job of getting that under control.
Pros
Patient care is awesome
Cons
coworkers can be overly competitive
productive
Radiology Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCSeptember 11, 2017
fast paced
how to register patients
management was great
work culture was very nice
hardest part making it on time due to traffic
making people happy.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short brakes.
productive and fund working environment
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SC 29169September 8, 2017
I recommend lex med. center as this is a fun place to work, very challenging, faced paced and friendly doctors and staff. Management is pleasant and i enjoyed my time there.
it was a fact paced working environment but it also was a great place to work. Co-workers are friendly and easy to work with
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCSeptember 4, 2017
a typical work day for me was clocking in and going to my floor to start my daily work. in the morning i clean bathroom rooms and offices and start on my room so at the end of the day i can focus on discharges.
Pros
can advance
Great place to work with excellent people
Emergency Department Registration Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCSeptember 4, 2017
I enjoy working for Lexington Medical Center. I don't intend on leaving just in search of a morning job. They take care of their employees, the HR department working very slowly but that's normal for a hospital.
its easy
Eligibility Counselor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 31, 2017
The position it self is wonderful. However, who you work for make it not so wondeful. I enjoy the people that come into the office for asst. i wish i could help in every way.
Pros
helping people
Cons
micromanage & they treat you like children

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lexington Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.