Lexington Medical Center

Lexington Medical Center Employee Reviews

Stable employment, great coworkers
Critical Care Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJanuary 11, 2017
Good pay for very critical patient care without much support from technicians. Not much education for technicians as far as critical needs. Not a bad place to work overall.
Pros
Steady income
Cons
Not much in support
I enjoyed working here.
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJanuary 10, 2017
Everyone was really friendly.They helped me when I needed help. Overall everyone was great and very helpful. I loved the hospital itself,
Fun workplace
Patient Sitter (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJanuary 9, 2017
I have worked with them 17 years. Love my co workers and I enjoy all of my patients. Fast paced environment and great benefits.
Professional place to work
RSA Cook (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJanuary 7, 2017
Great place to advance and work for love the enviroment great place to get the proper knowledge to learn from advanced chefs and other professional minded individuals
Respectable institutions that valued their employees & clients
RN (Former Employee) –  OrthopedicsJanuary 5, 2017
Both institutions were great places to work. I stayed at both a long time only to leave to enjoy my family more. I had great opportunities to advance in several different areas. These advances gave me quite a diverse set of skills in nursing,management,budgeting,public speaking and information systems. I felt it a privilege to have jobs at both. Now I'm looking for something that I can do possibly from home in any place. I've reviewed charts for more than 30 years & still want to contribute to the medical field.
Overall a good place to work
Support Tech II (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJanuary 3, 2017
good benefits, decent management, always something to learn, not much room for growth, all time off comes out of one pool
Not what it used to be
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCDecember 29, 2016
LMC used to be amazing place and some areas still are. Patient care is great. Facility is clean and employees get discounted meals, gift shop discounts, as well as discounts from businesses throughout the community. Benefits are good. Management has went downhill and the well being of employees is no longer a concern. All employees are viewed as replaceable. Poor retention of experienced staff. Parking is terrible for patients, visitors and employees.
Pros
Discounted lunches, good benefits
Cons
poor management, scarce parking
Great hospital environment
Radiology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCDecember 5, 2016
Great environment for employees and patients alike. Very clean facility and grounds. Always working towards being better and takes surveys and complaints seriously.

Great location easy access to I-26 and I-20. Restaurants and Starbucks across the street. Great neighborhood to live in. Medical facilities close by. Good parking but needs more parking. Adding additional medical building.
Pros
several eating areas to buy food
Cons
short lunch break, FSA limited, prescription company not the bes
Great work enviornment
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCDecember 2, 2016
Great teamwork among staff, competitive compensation, great benefits. Rotate between the OR, ER, Fluoro, Inpatients, and Outpatients.
Fun place to work
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJuly 24, 2016
Answering about 150 phone calls a day. Management team is very professional. Could read on my job because of down time. Nothing hard to do on the job. Discounted lunches.
Pros
quiet
very productive and fun
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 10, 2016
great place to work, love the patient care of helping heart patient recover process, taking care of others, puts a smile on my face when they feel better
Pros
rewards for going over and above the call of duty
Cons
short lunch breaks
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCMay 18, 2016
Some days you do not get lunch nut the manger will go beyond and prove us with lunch. Great place to work and since I've been gone a lot has changed
Pros
free lunches
Cons
non smoking
large ER
Emergency Department Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCApril 28, 2016
this er is very large and is not well staffed. high turn over. days are long and hard, many days could not take lunch. good teamwork.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
poor staffing
Good job
Office Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 28, 2016
As a new nurse you will learn a lot assisting doctors. No opportunity for advancement. Low wages. Bickering and power war between nurses and MA
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low pay
Loved it!
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 4, 2016
Worse mistake I ever made was leaving LMC! Easy to get questions answered from different support staff and other managers. I highly recomend
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Some favorites get ahead faster
very clean hospital
SURGICAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJanuary 16, 2016
has good surgical departments. Lexington hospital has a caring staff with good doctors. also has nice souvenir shop. the food is good a Lexington hospital with lots of selection to meet your diet.
Pros
good food
Cons
short breaks
very clean and friendly environment
radiologic technologist (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCDecember 8, 2015
friendly staff, clean facility, up to date machines, but the money isn't as good as it could be as compared to other hospitals in the area,
Great Place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 28, 2015
A normal day at work is from the minute you clock in to minute you go home you are talking with different patients about they're bills, making payments plans, collecting, making sure coding are correct and patient is charge correctly, translate from Spanish to English for better services to the Latin community.
Pros
great Bennefits
Cons
n/a
Promotes growth with great beneifts and family friendly envronment
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCNovember 19, 2015
I've had a few managers in my time here and some have been really great while others hate the fact the I am a single mom. As a whole the company is very good and dependable. The health insurance is SUPER reasonable and the retirement plan is fantastic! This is definitely a company you start at the bottom and work your way up if you apply yourself.
Very Good
Business Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, SCNovember 6, 2015
This was a urgent care/family medicine practice. It was very fast paced but organized and I enjoyed my time here. Unfortunatly I relocated and had to terminate my employment with this company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lexington Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.