LexisNexis

LexisNexis Employer Reviews

Client Support Level II (Current Employee), HoustonFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: no breaks only lunch
A great company to work, small problems with management. The people are friendly. Management needs more structure,
Very Productive
Director of Product Management (Former Employee), New Providence, NJFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: plenty of opportunities to improve and learn
Cons: indecisive executive leadership with too much turn over
Plan to work hard and long hours on many leading edge projects. Expect a sr. management team that changes their mind as the wind blows. Departments that don't communicate with each other, etc. (no different then any other company). On the other hand you will enjoy the working side by side with some great and talented people.
Privacy Programs Specialist (Former Employee), Cary, NCJanuary 24, 2014
My hours were 7a-4p, with a telecommuting option.
I've learned the importance or privacy and security programs within an organization and exercise it in my daily routine.
The hardest part of my job was leaving.
The most enjoyable was working with people that cared about you as a person and valued its customers.
Typical workday
Customer Relations, Marketing (Current Employee), New Providence, NJJanuary 16, 2014
A typical day at work is tending to customers' needs both telephonically and non telephonically. In a typical day I will speak with between 30-40 attorneys about their online marketing program. If needed, we diagnose problems and offer solutions. Our main priority is to keep our paying customers satisfied at all costs. We need to retain as many customers – more... as possible with the increasing competition from our competitors. – less
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: great products and support
Cons: nepotism
One of the finest place you will ever work. great trips pay well and great people.
Great Company
Litigation Solutions Specialist (Current Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 24, 2013
LexisNexis is a great company. I had a great opportunity to learn a lot about sales and selling solutions to businesses.
Nice place to work if you can keep your job.
UX Designer (Former Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 10, 2013
Pros: laid back atmosphere, great campus, decent cafeteria
Cons: constant reorganization, replacing experienced people with contractors
Great company with excellent benefits but the company has been struggling financially over the last several years and habitually restructures their organization to cut costs while replacing people with 20+ years with contractors.
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 10, 2013
Good team dynamic and work culture. Lots of company activities, good work/life balance. Small close knit family company culture.
Interesting place to work, engaging and collaborative
Training Administrator (Former Employee), Miamisburg, OHDecember 9, 2013
LexisNexis encourages you to learn and develop new skills. My co-workers worked well together. We collaborated on projects and gave constructive feedback to obtain professional training documents.
Great Company, Long Hours
Assistant Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Miamisburg, OHDecember 5, 2013
Pros: great people to work with, learn a lot, gain a lot of experience
Cons: lack of job security, poor management, long hours
I enjoy working with my co-workers very much. As LexisNexis is in the legal industry, there is a big learning curve which is one of the hardest obstacles to overcome. Overall, LexisNexis is a good company where I have gained a lot of experience.
Does not value sales force
Sales (Current Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 4, 2013
Pros: good vacation package
Cons: zero job security
Mass lay-offs every year, upper management is poor. No direction, sales team over goal and still lay offs. Products not released in a timely manner, overall poor atmosphere, nepotism at it's finest. Spend a ridiculous amount of money on an annual sales meeting that is absolutely worthless, no one learns a thing. Best bet is to stay away from this train – more... wreck of a company. – less
Never would have left the company had it not been sold and 205 of us sales professionals being laid off. I'm very loyal.
Law Firm Marketing Specialist (Outside Sales) (Current Employee), FLDecember 4, 2013
Pros: excellent company and career opportunities until the sale of the company.
Cons: laid off because of company being sold.
Interviewing and accepting the "career" offer from LexisNexis, Martindale-Hubbell was the greatest professional decision I ever made. I would have gone the rest of my years with this company had I not been laid off. It's a shame…the people and leadership became family and supported all of us very well. Great Company…to bad it's "gone".
Productive workplace and atmosphere
Senior Data Technician (Former Employee), Miamisburg, OHNovember 27, 2013
Working on computer in friendly surroundings. Learned to manage time and set priorities.
Access to Corporate wonders without the Complications
Marketing Research Analyst (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLNovember 25, 2013
Pros: experts in the industry
Cons: long long hours
Probably the best company I have worked, the place gives you access to wonderful tool, incredible office and a great organization to be part of. Lots of work, but very rewarding, fair, and with very skilled and professional team. this is the big leagues.
Company continues to evolve
Lexis Employee (Current Employee), Miamisburg, OHNovember 25, 2013
Pros: focus is on product development
Cons: company continues to evolve
Company continues to evolve as it looks to compete with its competitors
Great Company
Student Representative (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 18, 2013
I love working here. Very flexible with my school hours and I learn a lot about legal research.
People are great, leadership is questionable
Senior Director (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 17, 2013
The company seems to have lost its direction under current leadership.
Productive and fun place to work with ping pong table.
Billing Analyst (Former Employee), New Providence, NJNovember 15, 2013
It was a great place to work, people were wonderful and benefits were wonderful. Sorry to leave.
Great coworkers
Content Specialist II (Former Employee), Orem, UTNovember 7, 2013
I loved my coworkers but the environment has become more and more restrictive in the last few years. A lot of our perks have been taken away. Finally, they moved our jobs overseas.
Great Compensation and Benefits
Manager (Former Employee), Miamisburg, OHOctober 24, 2013
Pros: benefits, community involvement
Cons: frequent reorganizations
Great Compensation and Benefits however continuing reorganizations affect long term stability at LexisNexis..

About LexisNexis

Finding legal, business, or scientific information is a cinch thanks to Reed Elsevier Group. The company's LexisNexis brand offers – Read more

LexisNexis Photos