LexisNexis Employee Reviews

A good company at one time
Product Manager, Product Owner and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  NJ (remote office)July 16, 2017
At one time this was a good company to work for. However with the market changing and internet expanding, the business found itself in a situation where it could not compete. This resulted in significant companywide downsizing and restructuring of their business and focus.
Large company with lateral movement possibilities.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2017
Solid company. Large company with lateral movement possibilities. Company needs to be streamlined-competes with itself too often. Products are a bit dated.
Pros
Many divisions.
Cons
Bureaucratic. Thinks it's progressive, but it's not.
Records Coordinator-Internet Department (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 8, 2017
Regular 8 hour shift. Everyday is a learning day, there's always something new to learn. The management was great. They were open to all cultures and respectful of everyone's beliefs. Hardest part of the job is dealing with backlogged work due to agencies backlogs. Everyone is nice at work and we all get along great.
Pros
Great people and work
Great job
3 verified Accurint Admin change requests (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJune 27, 2017
great place to work, if you're a temp. I loved working there but if you don't know enough people it's difficult to get on as fulltime. I loved my coworkers in the dept I was working.
Pros
On site cafeteria
Cons
distance
Its was a helpful experience working with lexis nexis
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 23, 2017
This job was a very good job for me, it was something I liked doing and the hours we're very good to work with an on my schedule. I learned more things working here for a janitor job. I got to meet very nice people, overall I liked the job.
It's been a long time since...
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 21, 2017
I worked at LexisNexis in Charlottesville for seven years and thoroughly enjoyed it. The people and culture were great, and the projects were fun and interesting. It's been almost ten years since, so I hope that has continued.
Great temporary opportunity
Technical Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 20, 2017
Working with Premier clients which were global.

I learned a lot about artificial intelligence and enhanced my knowledge of risk solutions. SQL, XML, Database warehouse and mining, Metadata, compliance and etc.

Management - we endured 6 supervisors in 1 year and suffered the loss of 30 employees. So, we had a very high attrition rate where onboarding was limited.

The workplace culture was in need of better teaming and support.

The hardest part of the job was keep knowledgeable staff and working as a team.

The most enjoyable was the travel.
Pros
Flexibility of working hours
Cons
attrition
Awesome
Full Stack Sr. Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 20, 2017
It was great experience working with LexisNexis. Day starts with team meeting and then the time to exhibit the skill will start. Got a chance to work with huge team.
Project Manager II (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 16, 2017
Excellent organizational structure.
Excellent people to work with
Learned new ways to approach projects
Workplace culture is very friendly and accomodating
Great Company
Financial Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 15, 2017
Environment is conducive to advancement. Company provides support and avenues for advancement and growth. Supportive of the diverse cultures. Encourages and support communityactivism.
Risk is still a good place
Government Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 7, 2017
If you are applying tor the Risk side of the business you will do ok, they are still the market leader and have a great product. On the legal side of the house they can no longer compete with TR.
Not bad
Sr. Customer Systems Engineer, Juris (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJune 6, 2017
Culture is not good but depends on what side of the company you are on. Support is not the place to be. The Risk side is growing while the rest stagnates.

Layoffs seem to be always looming which lends itself to the culture. I hear it was a great place to work the key word being was.
Large incumbent in a commodity market
Business Development and Sales - Commercial (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, USAJune 6, 2017
Location too remote and nothing to do. Farmlands nearby with locals in senior jobs but can't attract talent or innovate. Bloomberg grabbing market share and disrupting them fast.
Comfortable workplace with great coworkers, good pay
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 31, 2017
LexisNexis is a fine place to work the offer a wide range of benefits and the pay well.The managers are very knowledgeable in their fields and take the time to help out when things get tough
Good company
Cognizant Tech Solns, Dayton (Client (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHMay 29, 2017
Good company to work with. Many clients in hand that guarantees job security. However, work life balance is not that good and it depends on the project you are in.
Pros
Empowered
Cons
Work life balance is less
Overall a good place to work
Software enginer lll (Current Employee) –  WFHMay 21, 2017
Actualy projects are using, or slated to use the latest in technology.job security is on the rise but budget seems to always be under a microscope. Co workers and management are helpful, and understanding. I would have never guessed the level of experience I would have rexeived from a big enterprise level shop like this.
Pros
Hours, salary, co workers, experience, projects
Cons
Delays in operations based on size of company
Relaxing Place to work
Content Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 17, 2017
The work environment is not stressful. Everyone knows each other. Lots of downtime and the managers don't mind if you browse the internet during these down times.
Pros
Lots of free parking
Cons
Outsourcing work causing big layoffs
typical day
Senior Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHMay 3, 2017
very organized. outstanding company and great management. Lots of room to grow. allows self paced trainings to get promoted. I was able to move up very quickly and stay on a career path. I was advised on how to move towards my goals and always had a coach to assist if needed when I had questions.
Great flexibility, not so good benefits & compensation, no room for growth
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHApril 28, 2017
Great work life balance, flexibility to work from home, however there is not a lot of growth potential and the job security is not there. Co-workers are the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
compensation, benefits, room for growth
Low Wages-Long Sales Cycle
TELEPHONIC ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHApril 27, 2017
The management and training programs are non-position specific and it takes up to a year to get up to speed. Benefits are sub-par for industry. A lot of turn over.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LexisNexis. Our community is ready to answer.