LexisNexis

LexisNexis Employer Reviews

Good, generally stable place to work
Customer Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 10, 2014
Pros: benefits, small teams, stable
Cons: management awareness, large size
Over all not a bad place, it lacks a lot of the inter-office politics that make a lot of jobs terrible. It is a larger diversified corporation so when they do have layoffs they are generally smaller and limited.

The only things that are a real problem is that it is a huge conglomerate so your manager only two or three steps up likely has very little idea what you actually do. That can lead to problems with performance reviews that do not reflect reality and the addition of unrealistic expectations being placed on your job because they simply don't know what you really do.

Another related problem is the lack of tools to do your job effectively. In an effort to standardize they took a system that was not made for the task and forced it to do the job resulting in a permanent 14% reduction in productivity and then refused to make many small modifications.
great place to work
Database application support "Consultant" (Former Employee), coconutcreek, FlJune 10, 2014
great place to work, i only spend 4 months here so my review is not thorough
Has been a great company to work for.
Territory Operations Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 10, 2014
Manage facilities and overall operations for locations across my territory.
My entire career as been with this company. The outstanding managers I've had provided me with opportunities and guidance. I am confident that I am fully competent to transition to any field of work and be highly successful.
The hardest part to the job is not having totally control over scheduling/budgets. You make what you have work for the project, team, organization while meeting the expectations of the customers.
The most enjoyable has been the many opportunities to succeed. I have accomplished so much in my time at LexisNexis.
many opportunities within organization
Data Governance Manager (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJune 5, 2014
Large organization with many opportunities to learn and grow.
Buyer Beware
Account Manager -Mid-Sized Accounts (Current Employee), Miamisburg, OHJune 1, 2014
Pros: wonderful co-workers, great pay and benefits. fun perks like parties, happy hours, etc.
Cons: mismanagement is rife, flagship products don't work, pressure is unbearable.
Advice for Management: When employees performance tanks, look for underlying causes rather than just applying more pressure. You have talented professionals who bed the chance to succeed. Don't let a bad month or two convince you that employees who have been with the for decades are dead weight. Invest in your employees that way you say you do. Stop the culture of fear. Just this year, a woman in her thirties had a stress related stroke, and two other people had to take short term disability for psychological reasons. The pay is not worth it.
Company is diseased, sputtering and getting worse
Marketing/Communications (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 28, 2014
Pros: some good co-workers
Cons: no clear direction and weak, weak management
I worked at the LN for over four years and while I really enjoyed many of my coworkers, it became patently obvious that Mike Walsh has no clue how to save this sinking ship. Frequent re-orgs and layoffs have not halted the slide into mediocrity. If you are desperate for a job and have no other options, of course pursue a job with LN and hope for the best. Do not be surprised when six months in or so, there is yet another reorganization designed to "promote synergies" and "re-focus corporate resources on core strengths." There will be layoffs associated with that and subsequent re-orgs and the company will slip down a little further as they try to convince clients they are still committed to delivering top-quality products and services. Long-term outlook is pretty bleak.
N/A
Support Generalist (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLMay 28, 2014
always busy, responding to all above and beyond expectation, no room for mistakes, do it once and do it right
Despite the lay-offs, it was a good place to work for.
Publishing Operations Analyst (Former Employee), New Providence, NJMay 23, 2014
Pros: semi-informal dress code, free coffee, understanding middle management.
Cons: more outsourcing made for many lay-offs and a tense atmosphere.
During a typical day, I would receive data from editors and make sure that the updates to various publications would flow seamlessly into the print product, the website, and the CD libraries.

When they began to out-source and off-shore these tasks in the '00s, my co-workers and I would review what was done by our counterparts in Manila, Mumbai, and Chennai before signing off on the projects.

The job became harder when there was less training made available in the new applications; more responsibilities were being given but compensation was not *quite* commensurate. The lay-offs as more work was sent overseas did not make for a contented atmosphere, either.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that useful information was made available because of our work. The job culture was semi-informal. I miss many of my co-workers, and now I am hearing that many of them have gotten cut, five years after I was laid off.
Off Shore
Quality Specialist (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMay 16, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: staff reduction
The company for a few years now is slowly transitioning everything to the Philippines.
Exciting Fun and comfortable
Technical Support Analyst II (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 25, 2014
To provide a variety of technical support to multiple level end users in diverse technical areas. Support includes troubleshooting, researching, and training for online products, batching and FTPs, gateways, XML web services, etc. Provides exceptional support and service through highly engaging customer interactions while following corporate policy regarding authentication, data security and record retention.

Support is provided via multiple communication channels: telephone, e-mail and chat support using multiple CRMs.
Driving operational effectiveness, managing service levels, managing employees
Service Delivery Operational Manager (Former Employee), Miamisburg, OHApril 25, 2014
Pros: partnership with different business units/leaders, customer satisfaction, increased employee engagement
Cons: challenging with prioritizing and balancing workloads when trying to put out fires
- Work with the Work Force management team to review forecast and staffing and discuss challenges through out the day/week/month.
- Ensure meeting Service levels across all areas
- Prioritize Project work and set goals
- Review employee metrics/QA and set expectations
- With with Subject matter Experts to ensure the products are operating as expected
- Review customer Survey and do and research/investigation and reach out to customers
- Handle customer escalations and complaints
- Partner with the sales team for any customer issues
- Work with training team to ensure that are no training/knowledge gaps
The products are cutting-edge and the culture is collaborative
VICE PRESIDENT, INFRASTRUCTURE OPERATIONS (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 7, 2014
Pros: they put the right resources to problems and that produces results
Cons: some departments can be very political
There are some problems with management but overall it is a great company to work for. They do take care of their employees and have reasonable expectations.

They are an industry leader and are making a difference in the marketplace.
Fun Place
Information Security, Lead (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAMarch 25, 2014
LN was a fun place to work. A lot of changes. The environment is flat from an advancement perspective.
Records Coordinator
CRU, Records Coordinator Advanced (Current Employee), duluth, gaMarch 25, 2014
We make calls to police agencies to get police reports for insurance companies. I have learned how to manage time and train new employees. The people I work with are compassionate, dedicated, and very enjoyable to be around.
Relaxed office environment
Data Administrator Order/Billing Team (Former Employee), New Providence, NJMarch 14, 2014
Pros: provided perks for the employees on a regular basis and the opportunity to work from home most days.
Cons: limited amount of communication between management to resolve certain issues.
Company focused on delivering superb customer service for both internal and external customers.
Produce and fun workplace with great co-workers
Facilities Assistant (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: great co-workers and lots of vacation time
Assist Internal employees with various request, copy machine repair, ordering break room supplies, print job requests and answer question regarding the incoming and outgoing mail and/or packages. Also assist the Facilities Manager with maintaining the daily operations, dealing with outside vendors and preform periodic checks of housekeeping and maintenance.
Student Associate
Student Associate (Former Employee), Ponce, PRFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: rewards points
I was able to use the Lexis system which is great, and teach students and professors how to use it. It allowed me to be more confident doing research. Also, I had the opportunity to be really social and active among the school community.
Provide regional/branch support to Account Executives and Regional Sales Manager in Corporate Legal Sales.
Sales Operations Administrator (Current Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: comprehensive benefits program
My career at LexisNexis has helped me assist our Sales Force as well as customers in order for them to succeed.

LexisNexis has also helped me to push boundaries within myself to new levels through technology and choose different career paths that are both challenging and rewarding.
Great work experiences, diverse culture, amazing employees
Director (Former Employee), home-basedFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: talented employees, flexible work environment, great benefits, global opportunities if interested
Cons: legal industry continues to be affected by the negative economy, business challenges on both sides (company and its customers)
I had a tremendous career at LexisNexis. Employees are smart, passionate, and they care about their work as well as giving back to others. The talent is tremendous. I had the pleasure of working with some of the most talented people/teams in the U.S. and around the world. There is no shortage of opportunity to learn and grow if you're willing to take control of your career destiny.
Client Support Level II (Current Employee), HoustonFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: no breaks only lunch
A great company to work, small problems with management. The people are friendly. Management needs more structure,

About LexisNexis

Finding legal, business, or scientific information is a cinch thanks to Reed Elsevier Group. The company's LexisNexis brand offers – Read more