LexisNexis Employee Reviews in United States

Great Work Environment
business analyst (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 4, 2015
Working at Lexisnexis has been a huge learning experience for me. I work with a very innovative and driven staff that strives to provide their best fr this company at all times.
Productive fun place to work
production coordinator (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 2, 2015
Love the environment and the people and the company. Everyday you learn something new daily. Multitasking is a must. Learn the verticals of the company. The most enjoyable part of my job is the knowledge and the opportunity to advance.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Layoffs
Large worldwide company
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 2, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company for more than 8 years. The traveling was difficult as I aged and chose not to move to Georgia to take a desk job.
Best company and people to work with.
Software Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 19, 2015
Best company and people to work with.there is a lot of opportunity to learn new technologies. the technologies and tools the company uses are very updated and competitive from the places i ever worked. new hires have time and chance to learn the company culture and and way of doing daily to day responsibilities.
Pros
diversified
Cons
i don't see one
Great technical opportunities, but with limited job security at times.
Senior DevOps/Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHOctober 10, 2015
My experience at LexisNexis (owned by Reed-Elsevier, for whom I technically work) has been a mixed bag of emotions and comfort. Over the years, the work climate has become less attractive than when I began working here. When I first started, 10+ years ago, it wast the premier place to work in southwestern Ohio. For the past few years however, I've felt less job security as I've watched, time-after-time, large swaths of employees get laid off. Technical skills and tenure/experience level didn't seem to matter. Newbies were laid off right next to the guy who built the system and had all of the in-depth knowledge and specialized experience. It was difficult to figure out how decisions were made, and re-organizations felt disjointed and haven't quite made sense.
That being said, the biggest advantage to working at LexisNexis is the company's willingness to let you try new things and try new technologies, even on flagship projects. Co-workers are fantastic, and, despite the lay-offs, middle-management is terrific and will typically work with you and work for your benefit; which ultimately helps your immediate group, anyway; and eventually the entire company.
In short, the work is challenging (in a good way), and your coworkers and immediate managers will probably be some of the greatest people you've worked with; however, the atmosphere is tense at times of re-organization and that, to me, makes it difficult to consider it to be one of the greatest places to work in the Cincinnati/Dayton area.
Pros
Willingness to let you try new things and "best. coworkers. ever."
Cons
Job insecurity and multiple re-orgs
Easy job
map scanner (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 8, 2015
Good pay. hard cummte. Nice boss. Like scanning maps. Like the people. Learn a lot about cumputers. I could listen music while working.
Great workplace!
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 8, 2015
Company was full of growth potential. Enjoyed managing 3 people and helping to build a strong team in order to help the overall betterment of the company.
Pros
Company Volunteer Activities
Research Representative
Research Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 3, 2015
Acted as the student Lexis Nexis® representative to law students. Responsibilities included: office hours for research questions or concerns of students, facility, or law community members; conducting training seminars on Lexis products, including Lexis Advanced; weekly reports, corporate-student interaction and maintaining a current and high proficient level of Lexis research products.
A really nice business to work for.
Typing, Ten Key, Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 24, 2015
A lot of data entry work for this business and a very nice atmosphere. I did not work at this company long for it was only through a temporary service but would have really loved to have been an employee there.
Productive employee friendly environment
PeopleSoft Techno Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHSeptember 24, 2015
Productive employee friendly environment. New projects in pipeline and good place to work.Good client environment with proper facilities for contracted employees. Flexible working hours, free lunches. Technologically strong company.
No job security, no benefits--at least it was a job
Contract Print Production Manager- (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VASeptember 23, 2015
I enjoyed managing the projects that the marketing managers needed done, working with designers, printers, mailing houses, etc., coordinating all the parts and pieces. I very much liked the other employees with whom I either worked directly or met with during breaks and lunch.

It was hard not to be able to do all I was capable of doing because "no one else doing my job was capable of doing it." It doesn't make sense not to use a resource to its fullest just because it's the only one like it available.
Pros
I liked the work--and having a job.
Cons
Not a people-company; not welll managed on corporate or immediate level.
Great Opportunity
Associate Producer (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHSeptember 21, 2015
Large company, so there are great perks and benefits. Tuition reimbursement. Telecommuting available. Many locations to choose from. Management doesn't micromanage.
Pros
Telecommute Available
Productive place with a very good team to work with.
Record Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 16, 2015
I work well with a team but I really enjoy working alone and being responsible for my own results balance the workload meeting the 24 hour tats. I learned that by working closely with my colleagues we come up with solution meeting deadlines that put everyone at ease, especially our boss.
Growing headcount significantly in Raleigh location
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 12, 2015
They are trying to make a fun atmosphere with beer bashes and holiday celebrations. Cares week is great for getting employees out to volunteer.
Pros
Easy to request days off
Cons
Upper management doesn't understand market and clients' needs
Dedicated people doing great work
Director, Segment Management (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 9, 2015
LN is a stronghold in the Dayton market in terms of being a strong employer - good work/life balance, strong, dedicated employees.
A day in the life of a LexisNexis employee
SALES SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 8, 2015
I have to admit I have loved my LexisNexis job for years. Its the people that you work with that become family that make it easy to come here everyday. Management has allowed me to share my strengths and strengthen my weakness as I explored all components of the business. The flexibility and relaxed work environment make even the hardest days bearable. I'm now looking to spread my wings and share my talents with another company similar to LexisNexis that will allow me to become a positive attribute to their organization.
Lexis
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2015
Lexis is a great place to build a career. It can certainly have its ups and downs, but for the most part, it has been a good place to spend a few years. The opportunities for advancement tend to be limited, but they do exist for those willing to invest the time.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Very smart, competitive people doing very clever things while trying to gain favor of Management.
sr developer (Former Employee) –  OKC okAugust 13, 2015
People who wrote code that is deeply embedded in the systems, protected and impossible to change are now in management roles.

The Scrum/agile approach is in in place for managing daily, weekly, monthly work, but all real decisions are made in private confabs and then slipped into the system. "quick and Dirty" is used to patch existing code and then becomes production code.

The production code is vast and unmaintainable. New development is taking a completely different direction.

Some code being written is quiet brilliant but is being done by a contractor company who is ensconced in the company.
Pros
Great view from the 16 floor.
Cons
Political environment.
Productive workplace, friendly atmosphere.
Operations Sr. Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OhioAugust 5, 2015
Typical workday was to answer customer calls and also, served as second level support for fellow employees. The things that I gained from working at Lexis Nexis was leadership skills and how to provide excellent customer service to customers with using Lexis Nexis products. The hardest part of the job was when products were down and this would increase call volumes. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people and everyone was willing to help if you needed any assistance with anything.
Pros
Incentives and career advancement
Cons
Outsourcing over seas
Good place to work.
UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 29, 2015
Working at this company was a great learning experience. I was able to enhance my skills in various technologies i have worked on.