LexisNexis Employee Reviews

Productive and Balanced Work Place
Technical Support Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2016
Great atmosphere with great people to work with. Everyone is always helping each other even across different departments. Teamwork is an understatement.
The people make LN a great place to work
Sales Operations Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Home BasedJune 29, 2016
There is a good balance of team work, and working on your own initiative. Valuing people is one of the core values of the business, and this is reflected in flexibility, work/life balance, excellent benefits and opportunities to build on personal learning. There are boundless opportunities to move within the organisation if you are UK based.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Massive change taking place, so job security is an issue
Lexis Nexis Legal & Professional
Director of SAM (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 26, 2016
Excellent company with tremendous opportunity. "Old school management" which provides pros and cons; however, again, a great opportunity, as there is much to be done.
Administrative assistant
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 25, 2016
Data entry, Admin roles, work with different medical offices and verify doctor demographics, Enter in demographics , work on getting new clients, train co-workers
Wonderful group of people and management.
Data Entry Operator Senior (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 23, 2016
All the employees extended their knowledge to those that wanted to expand their growth in the company. The management team made sure everyone had the tools needed to perform their assigned duties.
Pros
Availability to grow within the company.
Cons
NA
Consultant, Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 17, 2016
Great place to work. the campus, gym, and the people are nice. The new renovations make for a great site to see when walking the hallways.
great place to work for
Head Folder (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 14, 2016
started here when i was 19 years old and learned everything about the printing business, there was plenty of advancement in the company where u could learn all phases of the operation and all the different machinery
Pros
learned everything i know today about all phases of the printing industry
Cons
scheduling structure
Lexis Nexis is very employee-friendly.
Records Technician II (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 31, 2016
Lexis Nexis allowed for growth as I was able to move up through the ranks and constantly learn new things with added responsibilities. additionally, the employee development is very beneficial.
Good Work/life Balance
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXMay 23, 2016
This company offers a good balance with work and life, good compensation and benefit. Advancment possibiliies limited. A good experience have to be built by oneself.
Pros
your own schedule
Cons
thinking outside the box
Management is the issue, PTO is good.
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 23, 2016
The management style is antiquated.
Salary is good.
Advancement is not easy.
PTO is GREAT.
It is an OK place to work.
Nothing more to add, but they requirement a minimum.
Productive Work Environment with Pub Next Door
Editorial Assistant (Former Employee) –  LondonMay 21, 2016
I worked for 5 months at LexisNexis as an Editorial Assistant. I found the company to be productive and challenging at the same time. I enjoyed the environment but disliked the job because it wasn't exactly what I wanted to do. I would recommend a job at LexisNexis to a friend
Comfortable, diverse company to start a long-term career. Not much room for growth within certain teams, but very safe employment..
Software Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 18, 2016
LexisNexis is a good company. Small, but consistent growth each year. Good place to start a career. Some people outside my team move up through the ranks every few years. My team--not so much. Everyone been stuck in the same rank for years. However, at the company level, most people have been here for over 7+ years.

Talent at the company is mostly good. Coworkers are all generally friendly. Great bunch of people to work with, aside from a few bad eggs on each team and some redundant middle-management.

Office culture is reasonable. Nice tall cubicles for privacy, but kind of loud since the development team is right next to account managers who are on the phone all the time. Invest in noise-cancelling headphones

Workloads aren't crazy, but there's enough things breaking each day that you never have to worry about running out of things to do. Can be feel very repetitive and tedious, but you never feel like your job security is at risk.

Typical day is come in at 9am. Check emails. Daily SCRUM meetings at 11am. Fix a few things in production. Write up a couple bugs for our website and console applications, then work on fixes for said bugs. Stay back until around 6pm or so. Full freedom to take lunch at your leisure. Hours mostly flexible as well. Manager is in a different state, so there's a large amount of independence. Pretty lax product planning. I make up most of my own work (and there's plenty to do).

Most enjoyable part is the challenge of fixing tough bugs and getting praise for putting in overtime (of which you don't get paid for). Learning new things, refactoring
  more... old code. All very satisfying, if you're motivated to continue learning.

Least enjoyable is just dealing with other people's problems. Working with other teams. Things breaking out of your control. And the morning meetings. There's a lot of "politics" in the software development. Spend very little time actually writing new code. Most of the time just documenting it, sending emails, and gathering metrics.

Extremely sharp learning curve at the beginning. But once you get past it, the job is very straight forward. 99.9% of the job boils down to reading emails, then doing very basic input/output data massaging in C# and MySQL. Very intimidating at first. Heavy on the lingo and acronyms. Cross-team communication can be annoying. But anybody out of highschool with basic knowledge of programming/logic could do the job and pick it up as they go.
Pros
good benefits, talented coworkers, flexible hours, some employees can work from home, almost impossible to get fired, freedom to work at your own pace
Cons
high deductables and limited health insurance plans, low-to-average salaries, limited vertical job movement, slow development (sometimes bug fixes take months go out)
Fantastic for Skills Development
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 15, 2016
Every day at this branch can be a whole new adventure, at least with my department. I worked in the Data Acquisition - Civil Automation department. The department manager is very flexible and has a "can-do" attitude. If you need access to a piece of software, database or server, he will definitely be on your side if it will mean advancing the task or any enhancements in process throughput. The work/life balance is very flexible, which makes it great for those with families. However, the pay scale is below-average to average for the type of work you're expected to accomplish. As we're responsible for acquiring data primarily through automated processes for the entire United States and U.S. Territories, we get pulled into doing Junior Developer work a lot of the times. Report Development, Open Source ETL process development, Automated Process throughput maintenance, Compliance issues and Data Integrity investigations due to Client inquiries and Consumer inquiries are all on the menu.
This was my first experience with an I.T. field after some classes about basic Database Developer classes and learning some T-SQL. This manager and company offered me an exceptional opportunity and took a risk hiring me since I had no professional background in I.T., but plenty as far as legal research (previous professional position) and quantitative training in college (Economics major).
The experience I have with this company is that it is VERY amiable, flexible and definitely dynamic. You have to be willing to learn new things and take advantage of researching and applying techniques on your
  more... own. If you're not self-motivated, you will not make it (I've personally seen 2 contractors within the first year of my working there come and go for this very reason).
The downside is that once you've developed a very desirable set of skills, you're duties will now include that desirable skill set for your retained position and your compensation doesn't necessarily reflect market demand for those duties or tasks. This is because you've grown your skill to match what's needed for every day processes to operate as they should.
While I wholeheartedly believe I've not outgrown LexisNexis Risk Solutions, advancing in the specific segment of I.T. that I very much enjoy (Business Intelligence Developer/SQL Developer), transitioning INTO those specific roles is difficult since those skills are needed in more service oriented departments that typically are comprised of lesser paid, but more fundamental roles. After conversing with my manager and our Database Admin team regarding my desire to have, but inability to access certain SQL Server permissions (due to company policy and quite understandable), it was disclosed that these duties have fallen to Data Analysts simply because the DBA team doesn't have the resources to develop and deploy solutions for these tasks.

However, I think if you are an experienced (Senior Level Developer or DBA), especially with a family, the opportunity to work for this company would be one very much worth considering, and perhaps the compensation (especially with options to work from home and the amount of Paid Time Off) would perhaps be more competitive.

In the future, perhaps when I am starting a family and ideally am a more senior level developer, I would definitely consider working here again given the flexibility with work/life balance and the extraneous compensation that isn't directly related to salary.
Pros
Great Work/Life Balance, Paid Time Off, friendly environment.
Cons
Health Insurance isn't as good as it used to be. Salary is below-average for industry.
Corp BS
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 5, 2016
Not a place to feel good working at. Leadership has no idea what they are doing. LN does not value its people. LN is trying to be a software company and have no business being in the space.
Pros
Lots of food
Cons
To many to list here
Productive workplace with experienced individuals
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 4, 2016
Provide good solutions to problems involving large amounts of data. Worked with experienced individuals who mentored me very well.
Interesting Public research
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 1, 2016
Wonderful management team
Great training
Work hours incorporated with family life
Utilizing data system to obtain information needed
Pros
location and management team
Cons
cannot think of any
Great work environment
CSR/Trainer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 7, 2016
This was a great place to work at. I really enjoyed the people i worked with as well as my management team. Unfortunately, The location in my city was closed down.
Productive - Maxmum Output
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 29, 2016
Overall it's an OK place to work at. Be able to adjust to a 30min lunch breaks and slow growth opportunities. I've learned a lot form the organization that I can take with me but its not a place I'll like to invest my future in.
Great company
Content Editor (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHMarch 27, 2016
Great company ... very people oriented. Love all my coworkers. we were like a family and we had a lot of teamwork. Company was great to work for as well.
Good Place to work
Sr. Network Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 2, 2016
Its Nice place to work.
I learned a lot to regarding Network engineer
The job culture is very good
The most enjoyable part of Job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LexisNexis. Our community is ready to answer.