LexisNexis Employee Reviews

Laid back but stressful
Accountant/Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 30, 2017
Month-end was a stressful time to work. Learn how to manage my time. Culture was good, laid back enough to wear jeans from Monday to Friday. Therefore its not what you wear but how you perform.
Casual work environment
Territory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 29, 2017
Very laid back work environment. Free lunch once a month for birthdays. Quarterly cocktails after quarterly meeting. Fun team building activities with your department and for the company as a whole.
Pros
Free lunch once a month, free cocktails quarterly
Cons
Not all management is good.
Positive, encouraging work environment.
Executive Assistant to SVP & General Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 25, 2017
Management was great to work for; very supportive, flexible schedule, great work culture, supportive, upbeat environment. Team work is emphasized and a stong part of the work ethic and culture here.
Pros
cafeteria, company events
Cons
I was temporary
Review on Lexis Nexis
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 25, 2017
I worked as a Contractor in Lexis Nexis,
It was nice working with LN,
Work Culture was good,
Good Managers, Teams have good helping support.
Infrastructure is Good too.
na
RECORDS COORDINATOR ADVANCED (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 24, 2017
Good company, just wish the compensation was better at the Duluth location. Other than that, its a great company to work for. They provide good benefits.
Wonderful job until LexisNexis bought Choicepoint
Records Technician II (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 24, 2017
My department was laid off and I had worked for the two previous companies a total of 23 years. I loved my job, but LexisNexis was difficult. I would still be there, if they had not laid me off.
Pros
Job was so interesting
Cons
New management
People there were very friendly and helpful.
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 22, 2017
I would highly recommend this place of employment to any job seeker that is hard working and dedicated. A great place to work, it was my pleasure to work for them.
Pros
A great place to work with friendly people.
Cons
I was only a Temporary.
Great environment
Lead Lexis Associate (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 21, 2017
Great and place to work during law school. Very flexible work hours. Management was wonderful. All work was done at the law school, so no travel was necessary.
Role was not interesting and lower compensation
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 16, 2017
Direct manager and immediate team members were such a pleasure to work with but upper management seemed to be extremely out of touch and not very supportive.
Tough Culture
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2017
Used to be a great place to work, but the culture changed significantly in 2014/2015. Too many reorganizations and layoffs with poor internal and external communications and strategy.
Pros
benefits, work/life balance
Cons
toxic culture, no respect for employee contributions

Want to know more about LexisNexis?

Ask a question
Amazing job to have in law school
2L/ 3L Representative (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CASeptember 11, 2017
Working for LexisNexis is a fantastic idea while you're in law school. The benefits of learning how to use the system while you network with everyone at your school can't be stated highly enough. I highly recommend it.
Pros
Hours, networking opportunities, skill set building
Cons
Productive. Have fun with ping pong.
Consulting Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 31, 2017
In general, this is a good company. But you have to be careful if your job requires some programming language that was developed by this company. This programming language is no value in the job market.
I had a one year contract to help them out.
Data Engineer-Healthcare Group (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 29, 2017
I was hired for a ramp up in the Health Care Division but the ramp up never came and they had to let go of some of the contract employees.

While working there I was put in a different building than my team as there was no room in their building, and I was given little to do for a long time.
Very forward thinking company
Senior System Engineer - Cloud (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 28, 2017
From my experience at the Raleigh location Lexis Nexis has benefited by embracing true IaaS and PaaS solutions in the cloud leveraging both hybrid and full cloud environments. The open systems team is truly using advanced CICD procedures and is a model for how to develop for a product in the cloud.
Pros
Work from home, salary, embracing of DevOps culture
Cons
Work hours are not constant 9-5, on call rotation (level 3 so it's not that bad)
poor place
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 23, 2017
lousy products, lousy management. Certain representative provided fat territories, others given unworkable territories.

Silly expectations: "emporer has no clothes" mentality.
Pros
a job
Cons
poor management
Toxic work environment
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHAugust 22, 2017
After 30 years I'm leaving on my own, they haven't outsourced my job yet, that's a big yet. They are always reducing staff, constant budget challenges, low moral everywhere you turn, and no one understands the decisions upper management makes. They are slowing driving the company into the ground. Unless you like misery, I don't recommend.
Future Direction Unclear
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHAugust 22, 2017
LexisNexis is striving to be the industry leader in the market, however they are chasing their competition. Plans and direction change frequently and with these changes there are changes in staff, project plans, and frequent budget challenges.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Vision for the future is always changing
First Job loved it
Records adjudicator (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILAugust 21, 2017
For my first job i loved it, everybody was great and management always was there to see you succeed. They even worked around my schedule when i was at school which now a days can be frustrating with other companies, would love to work here again.
Pros
Wonderful workplace
Great work/life balance
Content Operations Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 18, 2017
One of the strongest assets to the company is the management style of direct managers who provide their employees great access to work/life balance. We work hard and play hard.
good environment and responsive management
Student Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 17, 2017
I was a student representative, so I did not spend much time at the corporate office and had limited experience with this companies day to day environment, however, my superiors were very responsive to any questions or issues that came up, and my employment was generally enjoyable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LexisNexis. Our community is ready to answer.