LexisNexis Employee Reviews in United States

Growing headcount significantly in Raleigh location
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 12, 2015
They are trying to make a fun atmosphere with beer bashes and holiday celebrations. Cares week is great for getting employees out to volunteer.
Pros
Easy to request days off
Cons
Upper management doesn't understand market and clients' needs
Great starting position
Records Adjudicator (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJune 30, 2015
This is a good place to get office experience with data entry and company specific software. Beginners or recent graduates can learn about standard operating procedures. However, there is no advancement and the work culture is NOT team orientated. Employee feedback was not taken into consideration in regards to process and quota incentives.
Beautiful facility offering many extra-curricular activitied
Senior Customer Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 15, 2013
Flexiible hours and an employee must maintain flexibility. Able to multi-task and establish ever changing priorities in a very fast paced environment. Multiple levels of management. Co-workers are great and needed as team work required to meet goals. The hardest part of the job was the increasing stress and demands. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people..........co-workers and customers.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
constant change and churn
Nice company to work for
Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 13, 2015
Data entry job with nice team and management. Flexible schedules and some overtime provided. Opportunities for advancement or to train across the board to learn more skills.
Pros
Nice lunch room and gym at headquarters
Great Work Environment
business analyst (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 4, 2015
Working at Lexisnexis has been a huge learning experience for me. I work with a very innovative and driven staff that strives to provide their best fr this company at all times.
Large worldwide company
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 2, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company for more than 8 years. The traveling was difficult as I aged and chose not to move to Georgia to take a desk job.
Was a fun work place
Records Adjudication Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 24, 2015
Company was a fun place to work. A lot of employee freedom was allowed. Performance bonuses were given for exceeding goals.
Provide regional/branch support to Account Executives and Regional Sales Manager in Corporate Legal Sales.
Sales Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 10, 2014
My career at LexisNexis has helped me assist our Sales Force as well as customers in order for them to succeed.

LexisNexis has also helped me to push boundaries within myself to new levels through technology and choose different career paths that are both challenging and rewarding.
Pros
comprehensive benefits program
Great company
Service Delivery Operational Manager (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHMay 19, 2014
Great company. Great benefits and wonderful culture.
The hardest part of the job is the work and life balance as it is fast pace and busy work. Management are great to work with. Very open about what is up and coming and put a lot of effort with employee engagement.
Pros
great networking, amazing work culture
Cons
job security
Enjoyed the job and responsibilities
Content Quality Consultant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 26, 2013
My experience at LexisNexis has helped me to grow and add to my job skills. I have worked in customer relations as management as well as being involved from the ground up in creating a quality and training department.This experience has helped me to grow and advance my analytical skill set.
Pros
job responsibilities, skill set, benefits, free coffee
Cons
outsourcing jobs to manila and india, lay offs every year
Comfortable, diverse company to start a long-term career. Not much room for growth within certain teams, but very safe employment..
Software Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 18, 2016
LexisNexis is a good company. Small, but consistent growth each year. Good place to start a career. Some people outside my team move up through the ranks every few years. My team--not so much. Everyone been stuck in the same rank for years. However, at the company level, most people have been here for over 7+ years.

Talent at the company is mostly good. Coworkers are all generally friendly. Great bunch of people to work with, aside from a few bad eggs on each team and some redundant middle-management.

Office culture is reasonable. Nice tall cubicles for privacy, but kind of loud since the development team is right next to account managers who are on the phone all the time. Invest in noise-cancelling headphones

Workloads aren't crazy, but there's enough things breaking each day that you never have to worry about running out of things to do. Can be feel very repetitive and tedious, but you never feel like your job security is at risk.

Typical day is come in at 9am. Check emails. Daily SCRUM meetings at 11am. Fix a few things in production. Write up a couple bugs for our website and console applications, then work on fixes for said bugs. Stay back until around 6pm or so. Full freedom to take lunch at your leisure. Hours mostly flexible as well. Manager is in a different state, so there's a large amount of independence. Pretty lax product planning. I make up most of my own work (and there's plenty to do).

Most enjoyable part is the challenge of fixing tough bugs and getting praise for putting in overtime (of which you don't get paid for). Learning new things, refactoring
  more... old code. All very satisfying, if you're motivated to continue learning.

Least enjoyable is just dealing with other people's problems. Working with other teams. Things breaking out of your control. And the morning meetings. There's a lot of "politics" in the software development. Spend very little time actually writing new code. Most of the time just documenting it, sending emails, and gathering metrics.

Extremely sharp learning curve at the beginning. But once you get past it, the job is very straight forward. 99.9% of the job boils down to reading emails, then doing very basic input/output data massaging in C# and MySQL. Very intimidating at first. Heavy on the lingo and acronyms. Cross-team communication can be annoying. But anybody out of highschool with basic knowledge of programming/logic could do the job and pick it up as they go.
Pros
good benefits, talented coworkers, flexible hours, some employees can work from home, almost impossible to get fired, freedom to work at your own pace
Cons
high deductables and limited health insurance plans, low-to-average salaries, limited vertical job movement, slow development (sometimes bug fixes take months go out)
Productive employee friendly environment
PeopleSoft Techno Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHSeptember 24, 2015
Productive employee friendly environment. New projects in pipeline and good place to work.Good client environment with proper facilities for contracted employees. Flexible working hours, free lunches. Technologically strong company.
Productive place with a very good team to work with.
Record Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 16, 2015
I work well with a team but I really enjoy working alone and being responsible for my own results balance the workload meeting the 24 hour tats. I learned that by working closely with my colleagues we come up with solution meeting deadlines that put everyone at ease, especially our boss.
Conversion of Statutes Content (27 Content Types) into New Lexis format. Content Enrichment for the Statutes Content
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  dayton, ohJuly 15, 2015
• Working as a team lead for a team of 15 persons
• Involved in Requirement gathering and Detailed Design
• Interactions with users
• Development of Tools
• Task allocation, scheduling and providing technical and domain help to the team
• Release management and Deliverables
A really nice business to work for.
Typing, Ten Key, Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 24, 2015
A lot of data entry work for this business and a very nice atmosphere. I did not work at this company long for it was only through a temporary service but would have really loved to have been an employee there.
I LOVED my time at LexisNexis but when the times with the economy got rough
Printer (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHMarch 12, 2013
A day would be ??? until everyone is there. Time OFF or a SICK day was liberal. Management changed on a monthly basis. Co-workers look out for themselves more than the work. LN was TOO generous with pay, benefits, vacation. I AM NOT LOOKING FOR THIS. Just non-factory work.
Pros
you could do anything and not be q-ed
Cons
you could do anything and not be q-ed
Excellent company to work for.
Customer Training and Support (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 20, 2014
The company at every level encourages hard work and learning new things. The challenges presented are great and rewarding. The people there are friendly, helpful and want everyone to succeed.
Benefits are great, too
Great workplace!
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 8, 2015
Company was full of growth potential. Enjoyed managing 3 people and helping to build a strong team in order to help the overall betterment of the company.
Pros
Company Volunteer Activities
Nice place to work if you can keep your job.
UX Designer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 10, 2013
Great company with excellent benefits but the company has been struggling financially over the last several years and habitually restructures their organization to cut costs while replacing people with 20+ years with contractors.
Pros
laid back atmosphere, great campus, decent cafeteria
Cons
constant reorganization, replacing experienced people with contractors
Great work/life balance but does not value employees
Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2012
Had a decent experience with the company. Compensation was great for the amount of work required but did not feel valued at all. Clients came first even if that meant selling out their employees.
Pros
great work/life balance
Cons
does not value employees